6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
A Welcome Visitor [S][C/Kyle]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 16:50:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he smiles. it seems that he dispelled misconceptions that had been forming at the back of josh's head for now.

"just remember not to cement yourself in one role," he reminds him. "your good at what you do because you like it. when you feel like you're forcing yourself, feel free to take a break."

it was a predictable mantra coming from a person who takes things on his own pace, which is the lenient way of kyle describing his own laxness.

that was the biggest difference between josh and him. although kyle has a few niche roles he excels in, it is josh that manages to have a wider range of influence with his seemingly boundless energy, limited only by his interests and determination.

"it's good that you actually got use from that zeraora," he jests. "mine hasn't been getting the same attention, so i can't say i've seen the extent of what its species can do."

he gets up, realizing that he shouldn't be taking too much time from the sick.

"excite me, josh. i'm looking forward to it." ashes form from his hand before it burns up to a rainbow feather. "i'll make the challenge interesting for you in exchange."

he plants the feather behind the raikou plushie's ear before moving to depart the room. johto folklore mentions a lot about the significance of one, which kyle knows that josh is aware of.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,123 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 8:01:35 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Of course," Josh replied, giving a thumbs-up with his good side. "It's why I haven't quit the Rangers, either. Hoenn's higher-ups, Gym Leaders included, can come off as being aloof. But I want to be... I want to be the people's Gym Leader. One that focuses not necessarily just on keeping the League as a whole running, but on making a positive impact on the lives of the region's law-abiding citizens. And even those who can be convinced to reform. Look at how much 's amnesty program has grown." He was more than making challenger quotas; if he ever started to feel burnout, he could always reduce his Gym's hours of operation and take more Ranger tickets.

In that way, working two part-time jobs was better than one full-time job.

"I can't thank you enough for Raikiri, either," Josh nodded, his eyes beginning to water. "I know he's not Raikou. But to me, he truly is Raikou at home. That's why I named him what I did. He's... he's my treasure. At this point, I'm more well-known for him than my Manectric, which isn't what I... wanted to happen. They're both... different kinds of precious to me. Different kinds of iconic. Besides, what's twenty or thirty extra miles an hour? Raikiri's plenty fast."

The rainbow feather was a sign of a pact. Not just a pact between the Emergent and his Patron, but between Top Champion and candidate for Champion. "May the Great One deliver the Beast of Thunder, and his tireless servants, from evil," the Gym Leader prayed as Kyle stood up. Exhausted from the philosophical discussion, he set the plush on his side table and tried to fall asleep.

{WC: 273}
{PC: 9}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Basil         Leafeon        Good
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 7:37:24 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: