close tab

played by

miy

He/Him
Bi
civilian
20 height
20 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zata
zata nefertum
A Burger and a Beer [M][C/Zata]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 17:28:36 GMT
zata nefertum Avatar

With drink in hand he listened keenly to the Gym Leader. Learning more about the man in front of him. "So you were like a prodigy," he complimented the man though with a teasing smile.

Zata raised a curious eyebrow when Josh mentioned that he was looking for something as well. "The most you can do is run my brother's name in the system. Raul Nefertum." If the Ranger did and the system database included data of Rangers from all over Hoenn, Josh might learn that Raul was a Ranger working in Fortree, taking care of and protecting the Pokemon Sanctuary.

As they were lost in their conversations, their meals arrived. The smell of spice and sauce captured the attention of Zata and his stomach. "Whoa this is huge," He said in shock and awe as he laid eyes on the burger. He'd be full until the next evening. Zara waited for his companion to dig in first, he never had a burger that big before and he had no idea on how to consume it.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 18:40:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Prodigy? Being called a prodigy was flattering, but was not accurate. It took a lot of training to get Josh's battle prowess up to Gym Leader standards. Several firm talks with League higher-ups and even a Job in Jeopardy, too. "I owe my success to the popularity of my Gym's racing challenge. The vast majority of my challengers don't battle me for their Badge." Being able to control a Pokémon at breakneck speeds tested many of the same skills needed to be a successful Trainer, and from his perspective, was far more engaging than a simple battle.

"I can run a search when I get back on a secure network," Josh offered. "Can report my findings to you in a secure email."

Once their main courses arrived, Josh took a knife to his burger, cutting it in two down the middle. The bubbling cheese inside the patty oozed out some before cooling. "Let it sit for a minute or two. The cheese inside gets really hot." Once the middle wasn't steaming anymore, the Gym Leader took his first bite into the bun and patty, humming and smiling. "Never disappointing here. Everything here is so good."

{PC: 9}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Crash         Boltund        Poor
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
Saber         Manectric      Good
Blitz         Luxray         Good
close tab

played by

miy

He/Him
Bi
civilian
20 height
20 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zata
zata nefertum
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2023 16:34:03 GMT
zata nefertum Avatar

"Huh," He sounded after Josh revealed that not many of his Gym Challengers battled him for the badge. He found it peculiar as he couldn't understand why else would the trainers take on the Gym challenge. Being new to Pokemon training, he had yet to grasp the exhilaration in battles and challenges.

"Thanks." He thanked Josh after he said he would email him his findings.

Zata followed the Gym Leader, cutting the burger down the middle and exposing the sizzling cheese inside, "Oh wow," Zata had never seen cheese like that before. They waited together, with Zata in awe at how gorgeous the inside of the split burger looked. After Josh took a bite, Zata followed suit. Taking his first bite of the burger. The perfect combination of ingredients and sauce, with its still heated temperature, Zata melted at the taste of it. "Mmm," He let out a silent moan as his eyes closed and his taste buds revel in the meal.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 4:15:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Everything about the meal was so good, though he had to take a big swig of his lemonade after the first bite or two; that cheese was still hot even after it stopped bubbling! "See, in Hoenn, Gym Leaders are allowed to test trainers by means other than battle, as long as it's in line with the mantra the Gym is trying to teach. Mauville's all about teamwork, instincts, quick thinking, and level-headedness under pressure. A Pokémon race fits that perfectly, and it's what I used to do before I became a Gym Leader." He owed some of his success to his rising popularity as a racer about to turn pro; even if he were to be forced to step down, he still had that career to go back to. He wouldn't let go of his seat willingly.

Once they had finished their meal, their server returned with the check. It was not cheap, but the quality of the food was outstanding. Josh showed Zata the check to verify his math. "Thanks for going out with me," he said, standing up and sliding his stool in once the bill had been taken care of. "You're a nice young man. If you spend time around Mauville, I'm sure we'll see each other again. If you ever enlist in the Mauville Rangers, don't forget to put my name in your application."

{WC: 230}
{PC: 10}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Crash         Boltund        Poor
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
Saber         Manectric      Good
Blitz         Luxray         Good
close tab

played by

miy

He/Him
Bi
civilian
20 height
20 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zata
zata nefertum
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 18:56:41 GMT
zata nefertum Avatar

Zata thought that Gyms were places where trainers go to compete and show off their skills. But he learnt from Josh that it was something more than that. It definitely opened his mind to what Pokemon trainers are like. He wondered if he would one day drop by the Gym and ask someone to help him train his Pokemon. He had no reason for it at the current moment but perhaps in the future, if circumstances would to change. He knew exactly where to head to.

They finished their meal, and when the bill came in Zata had no trouble sliding his card. It wasn't that he was rich, far from that. But that he had close to no desires for materialistic possessions (except of course, alcohol and tobacco, but he always resorted to the cheap ones) that he was able to save a lot from his salaries. So spending a lot on a rare occurrence such as this did not mind him at all.

Zata was having a hard time believing it but he rather enjoyed Josh's company; And he felt it nice to be called nice. He didn't see himself as 'nice' but again, his perspective was deeply skewed. "Thanks." Was all he managed to say, albeit he was genuine with it. He was still not used to social interactions and it really showed.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 6:17:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: