March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Round Seventeen: Shalin vs. Eva [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 6:22:21 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Attention all Vital City Tournament participants. Pairings are up for round seventeen. Pairings are up for round seventeen."

Every match was grueling and tiring. How did people like Gym Leaders handle such long battle tournaments? Shalin was tempted to drop. Being inside the money bubble when it burst would be so unlikely with her current record, but she felt obligated to continue with just a glimmer of hope.

Her opponent was one she had been meaning to see for a while. Ever since she got her Sygna Suit, she had been meaning to show it off to the scientist, both as a show and for a study of Infinity Energy. "Long time, Eva!" Shalin waved, her Shiny Beedrill that the researcher was no doubt familiar with waving a foreleg sting to say hello as well. "I wish I'd have come in my Sygna Suit! I'll have to come out to your lab or invite you to one of my shows one of these days. What those things can do is amazing!"

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{WC: 171}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 17:34:02 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva smiled broadly across the arena at the fellow adventurer. The professor offered her a little salute as a greeting before responding to the woman’s awe of Sygna Suits, “Yeah, they’re pretty awesome!” she confirmed with a nod, thinking of her own. She wore it frequently, but utilized it very little. The break in connection between her patron when the suit was activated made her uneasy.

“Of course! We can meet up after the tournament sometime, ok?”

Eva made a mental note to remember she promised that. She would, of course, probably forget along with the several other meetings she suggested today between familiar and new opponents.

“Let’s get started, shall we?” Eva sent out the bulky Machamp who was clearly ready to take on the Beedril.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 19:38:02 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
As if to give Eva a subtle hint what she would be in for, she stepped back and gently rest her hands on Queen Zing's outstretched wing, like she was going to climb onto it. That did not last long as the pre-match timer was winding down. Without her Sygna Suit on and her Flygon present, being in contact with those wings when they were buzzing would be painful.

As the starting horn sounded, the four-armed fighting type put the Captain behind the eight ball from the word go. Syah's NO GUARD meant the Beedrill's speed would be nearly useless. If the Machamp wanted a direct confrontation, she would get one: a swift barrage of POISON JABS from her foreleg stings. Even for a fit fighting-type like a Machamp, Beedrill venom was not to be trifled with; the burning sensation was one that would be difficult for even a well-honed mind to shrug off the physical pain of.

oa1X9tnP

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{WC: 158}
{PC: 2}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 3:46:36 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Try to dodge that stinger, Syah!” Eva warned, tensing at the sight of the poisonous appendage rushing at her champion. Getting poisoned so early in the match would certainly put the fighting-type at a disadvantage.

The Machamp swayed back and forth, doing her best to predict and dodge the incoming jabs. One caught her side, a glancing blow but enough to inoculate her with some poison. She frantically tried to clean the wound off with all four of her hands. Hopefully, she would be able to resist the poison.

Syah lunged out with a large pal, trying to grab the Beedrill’s exoskeleton and pull them into a waiting DYNAMIC PUNCH.

fMXrNAA9

3/3 HP

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 22:12:49 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The DYNAMIC PUNCH left Queen Zing delirious, her wings buzzing at full speed. Even for Shalin, the noise made her squint. The wasp could barely control her own flight in her drunken state! Shalin had to intervene, or she was going to wear herself out!

Resting the two longest fingers of her right hand against her MEGA CIRCLET, both her and the green wasp gleamed brilliantly in the light of MEGA EVOLUTION, Queen Zing sprouting two extra stings. Free from her confusion, she thrust her rear FELL STINGER toward Syah's chest, her rear pulsating with burning poison.

C5j|S7vx+20

Mega Evolution 1/2!

{PC: 3}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 7:41:07 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 One stinger was bad enough. Two stingers was gonna be a nightmare, “Oh boy, stay sharp!” Eva can’t help but feel the pressure rise, the anxiety build for her champion as the FELL STINGER lunges her way. Syah makes a desperate move, twisting her upper half to prevent herself from being impaled by the sharp, venom drenched appendage. Instead, it slices a glancing blow, but it’s enough to inoculate her with poison.

The clock is ticking.

The poison burns but it doesn’t stop the Machamp from utilizing the short distance to her advantage. She reaches out, aiming to grab the Beedrill and slam them over her knee with DRAGON HAMMER.

CZXWIbqe

3/3 HP

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 8:05:37 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Syeh's NO GUARD meant avoiding attacks was impossible -- something Shalin had relied on once the Beedrill had delivered her first painful sting. Shalin winced as she heard the sound of the Mega Evolved wasp's natural armor cracking; that DRAGON HAMMER was an enormous blow. It was one that could easily turn the match around. She wouldn't let it happen.

Queen Zing's five stings were her deadliest weapons, but not her only weapons. Thankfully for her, the angle at which the musclehead made her grab left her wings wide open. She started beating them at full speed to generate a ferocious TAILWIND that blew in the Machamp's face. If the moving air didn't loosen the fighting-type's iron grip, then the throbbing vibration would threaten to, as well!

XwK4oJ2l+20

Mega Evolution 2/2!

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 6:25:39 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]

PFFFF pffff pffff Syah shook her head and swatted at the blowing TAILWIND to no avail. It pushed her back enough to put some space between her and the wasp.

“Alright, now’s your chance, Syah!”

The space gave her enough room to wind up and strike a few powerful CROSS CHOPS at the Beedrill from two directions.

1DRtIVHq+20
(1/2 consecutive +20 rolls)

2/3 HP

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 1:38:51 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The two CROSS CHOPS flew toward Queen Zing from different directions as she went for a match-ending sting, battle her away quite far. Though her hard natural armor allowed her to withstand the attack, she could no longer maintain her apex form, four foreleg stings becoming two once again.

Even so, that venom was doing work. Work she had to rely on if she was going to win the match. It was just a matter of outlasting the Machamp. Keeping her distance, she fluttered around Syeh in an unstable manner, shakily pointing her stings at the Pokémon and loosing a barrage of TWINEEDLES.

yT7c66is

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 6:34:48 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]

The TWIN NEEDLES pelted the bulky pokemon’s hide, forcing her to stagger back at the sudden sharp pains in her side. The mega-evolution broke the vicious hold of the poison on the Machamp, but it did little to erase the exhaustion that made all four limbs feel like they were moving through water rather than air.

Two of those four limbs arced over her with a pulsing draconic energy in the form of a DRAGON HAMMER as the two pokemon marched into the final moments of the battle.

NGtGK2|9+20
(2/2 consecutive +20 rolls)

1/3 HP

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 17:28:46 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With how worn out Queen Zing was from reverting from her Mega Evolution, she was in no condition to fight back against Syeh's mighty DRAGON HAMMER. All she could do was flutter around as erratically as possible in a wing-generated TAILWIND, hoping that the Machamp's Mega Evolution was not able to completely purge the venom.

Queen Zing did have one more weapon against the fighting-type, though: time. Shalin was confident that she would win if it came down to a judge decision. Even if Syeh had a steady enough attack that could hit a target flitting around like crazy, she might not be able to hit with it before the clock read zeroes. It was what Shalin's victory hinged upon.

eM2wLG8T

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 22:58:02 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Syah, somewhat messily swung around at the buzzing Beedrill. With the help of her TAILWIND, the insect was able to narrowly miss the Machamp’s clumsy strikes.

On the last swing, Syah vision blurred, forcing her to blink away the side effects of the game changing venom. It seemed the MEGA EVOLUTION hadn't completely cleared the bug-types sting. A sudden fit of weakness overtook her, and the bulky fighting-type crashed tot he ground with a rather uneventful thud.

"Syah?" Eva asked cautiously, already knowing the outcome for her champion. The judge called the Machamp unconscious, declaring Shalin the victor.

"What a great battle! Nice work, Shalin and Queen Zing!" a flash of light engulfed the fainted pokemon and sucked it back into its pokeball, "Good luck with the rest of the tourney! I'll be watching!"

Eva bid them a quick farewell to prioritize getting her poisoned Machamp to medical stat.

Ztoz|ekg

0/3 HP
Syah faints!
Eva, the loser!

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 2:15:30 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Thanks!" Shalin chirped as she withdrew her close battle partner. "You're great, too; you pushed me to the limit, as expected of someone met late in the tournament." She would retrieve a match slip, fill it out, and present it to Eva to sign before taking it to the drop box.

"To you as well! I gotta show you the Venusaur side of my Sygna Suit one of these days!" the girl reminded the Head Professor. "It's unlike anything I've ever seen!" If the Professor knew much about the suits, then it would be no surprise; every Sygna Suit was a unique manifestation of the peak bond between wearer and Pokémon.

{PC: 7}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights