March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Side Events: Shalin vs. Ashley [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 22:22:25 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With the night winding down and arenas becoming less and less available, Shalin's position on the leaderboard was becoming more and more clear. It looked unlikely for her to place. Even so, she gained a huge trove of understanding how her Beedrill acted upon Mega Evolution. Perhaps with a little more study from , they would be able to devise some kind of medicine or remedy for Queen Zing's destructive behavior when powered by the Beedrillite embedded in her saddle.

When she arrived after her name was called to the arena, she gasped upon seeing a familiar face. "No way... Sawyer?! It's been over a year since I've seen you! You're okay!" Even Queen Zing looked happy to see Ash, quickly waving one of her foreleg stings back and forth.

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill       ♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 6:42:36 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]
[attr="class","ashley1body"]

Eh... yeah. That was bound to happen eventually. Ash's eyes are downcast. He looks nothing like he did before. His hair still silver, his eyes still the same, nothing about who he was now was what he was then. Just the sheepish aspect. He wasn't about to explain why he had black bags basically always under his eyes now.[break][break]

That and the cane he used to walk. Law, the Kubfu, on his heels to help.[break][break]

"Hey, Shalin. Been awhile," He smiles genuinely. "just call me Ash these days. K?" With Law now taking a step forward, and hopping in place, taking in a breath before getting in stance...[break][break]

"Don't go easy on an old friend. You too, Queen Zing." He still remembers that Beedrill. The day Shalin was so happy to find the Mega Stone in that tomb.[break][break]

Things were so much simpler back then.

[break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT, ACCOMPANYING TRACK: Light the Fire Up in the Night[break]
- GIMMICK: Gimmick-less, +10 to any 0-ending roll, +30 on 100.[break]
- HP: 3/3[break]
- Ah. Nostalgia. Ashley tells Shalin to call him Ash these days. He looks so different after his purple days. Like a walking ghost.[break]
- He waves to Queen Zing, and Law gets in stance, at the ready. Time to roll out.

[attr="class","ashley1pkmn"]

[attr="class","ashley1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1"]--accent:#4066E0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 21:19:07 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"I won't," were the only words Shalin could get off before the starting horn sounded, Queen Zing taking off and buzzing around the battle court. The tremendous droning noise prompted Shalin to put in her earplugs. It would be the only warning she and Ashley would get.

Once Queen Zing kicked up her buzzing rate even higher, a TAILWIND forming behind her to build up speed and confuse the enemy with her great speed, she could ram Law down with the first of many painful POISON JABS. Were even one to connect, the true pain would not be from the stab wound, but the burning venom that seeped from its tip.

YGUAqelp

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 5:16:33 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

The buzzing of the battle court starts, that droning sound one Ash remembered. The TAILWIND is absolutely NUTS, but then came the POISON JABS, and all Law can do is respond in kind.[break][break]

"Don't let one touch you, dude!"[break][break]

With intense amounts of focus, Law turns his paws away, and bats each jab away, attempting to keep the poison from himself. If even one knicks him, that's it.[break][break]

"Knock the queen bee back." With a jumping roundhouse kick, Law attempts to AERIAL ACE the bee away.[break][break]

2Ecse8Ks

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP: 3/3[break]
- Law attempts to Dragon Ball bat these POISON JABs away.[break]
- Jumps up and goes for that jumping roundhouse kick for AERIAL ACE

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 16:50:58 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Both Pokémon were nimble, one with the speed of a ninja, the other the speed of an assassin. The exchange between the two is brutal, a poisonous stab wound on one and a crack in the carapace of the other. It was clear from the beginning that against such a foe, Queen Zing wouldn't be able to rely on her poison alone.

Instead relying on the speed her noisy wings granted her, Queen Zing circled Law repeatedly. The rate at which her wings carried her made it seem like her barrage of TWINEEDLES was coming from every direction. Though they carried the weakest of her types of venom, it would still burn if injected into the Kubfu!

jBQbRJAz

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 21:37:38 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Law can feel it already, the poison seeping into his little veins. This was now a test of endurance, and one that the Kubfu has to manage their way through. Even if they get the strike in, they feel themselves tumble backwards, before sliding.[break][break]

But Queen Zing continued to circle around Law, the bear forced himself to stand at the ready.[break][break]

As the circle comes around, Ashley orders it out. "Every needle, make sure to give it back. You got this."[break][break]

Even if it meant more pain, every strike of the TWINEEDLES is met with a quick-as-lightning COUNTER back, rapidly made. If Law can't lock Queen Zing down, he'll do damage to slow her down.[break][break]

w1ftbHbJ

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP: 2/3[break]
- Oh, he got that poison. But Ashley is confident. As the TWINEEDLE stabbings come, Ashley orders to give it back.[break]
- Each strike in, a return with COUNTER. Law is already feeling the poison.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 5:42:34 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Law's COUNTER was well-placed, though the crack that appeared on Queen Zing's carapace was small. It was small enough that the light of MEGA EVOLUTION from her trainer's MEGA CIRCLET would patch her up nicely, the wasp bumbling and buzzing about like she had suffered no harm. The power of Infinity Energy was a marvel for those enveloped in it, and a terror for those staring it down.

With the wasp's larger form came louder buzzing on top of two extra stings. All four stings whirred fast as a Rhydon's drill. the swift bee thrusting them toward the Kubfu in a square formation. Were the Kubfu's instincts to evade, the spread of the DRILL RUN might cause it to leap into one of the whirling, spear-like appendages!

WB01TQXJ+20

Mega Evolution 1/2!

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 4:50:52 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Dammit... Law was breathing heavy, arms spaghetti. And that Beedrill was none such slower. The new MEGA made it hard to concentrate. But, with a tightening of the headband, the now battered up bear was ready for the counterattack.[break][break]

Throwing everything forward with two paws, he prepares. One? DETECT on the DRILL RUN, and CLOSE COMBAT![break][break]

uKWCJ7yd +10

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP: 1/3 - CRITICAL[break]
- YEESH. Alright, time for Queen Zing to get it back. When that DRILL RUN comes, he's gonna catch her with DETECT[break]
- Then? CLOSE COMBAT! CAUTION TO THE WIND BAYBEE!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 19:19:42 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Law's strength was impressive, able to stop the whirling stings from rotating and fight back in close quarters. It was all in vain, though; time had been called, and the match would go to a judge decision. That decision didn't take more than a few seconds; Shalin had been declared the winner by a unanimous vote.

Recalling her Pokémon, Shalin walked up and offered Ashley a handshake. "Great match. Glad to reconnect with you, Sawyer -- er, Ash. Wanna drop by my Romping Grounds in Petalburg some weekend? I'd love to reconnect."

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 4:44:52 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Law's knee hits the ground. Unfortunately for the bear, that was that. He didn't stand a ghost of a chance, and the moment his knee touched the ground, the match was called. As the Kubfu quietly gets their breathing back under control, Ash is left to smile at the approaching Shalin.[break][break]

Grabbing her hand to a handshake, he gives a sigh, and nods. "One of these days, yeah." He's just smiling quietly, inwardly happy that Shalin won, but a little sad they couldn't put up a fight. Oh well![break][break]

"Be seeing you, Shalin."[break][break]

His hands move to his pockets. And he turns on his heel to walk, Law following quietly in his footsteps.

[break][break]

NOTES

- HP: 0/3 - DEFEAT[break]
- Law loses. OOF. But as he attempts to get his breathing in check, Ashley reciprocates Shalin's handshake.[break]
- Turning on his heel, the boy walks off with Law behind him. A happy, if not a little bittersweet departure.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 5:12:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: