Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
EXTRACTION: NEW MAUVILLE [Lulu and Howard]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 20:46:53 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]authentic power spots
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]EXTRACTION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: DESCEND

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You and your partner travel to The Desert, Route 105, Route 120, New Mauville's lower levels, or Meteor Falls, or other locations known to have an AUTHENTIC POWER SPOT. The Meteor Falls' authentic power spot can be discovered—but it is severely damaged. Broken. Or simply deactivated for one reason or another.[break][break]

These hotspots of dynergy have been created eras ago. It has been hypothesized that Eternatus' visitations to this land have caused them to form—or perhaps, its mere presence in space. Other theories include meteoroid impacts containing dynergy, other extraterrestrial Pokemon, and more.[break][break]

Around you, Poison Tera Crystals, minerals imbued with Dynamax Energy, and more exist for you to mine, harvest, and gather. However, more exists below each power spot. In fact, it is possible to leap into these power spots into dark labyrinthe caves below.[break][break]

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Leap into the Power Spot.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#b35ab3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 21:00:33 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
's hold on Mauville was tenuous, and his grip on New Mauville even more so.

Rocket would mine here unimpeded, knowing that the Gym Leader would not move to defend his home turf. The death of Rime would keep him from these dusty halls. If anyone came down here, it would not be him. If that was the case, Howard and Lulu could crush any ranger they ran into.

Lulu, mostly, Howard would stand around and give moral support.

"Be cautious, Lulu. Evil lurks here." The admin's helmet glimmered in the dark, a vast upgrade over whatever he had worn during the Island Cave, when he had almost fallen off of Lulu's Noivern. Or had he? It was hard to remember, given the concussions and blackouts and almost dying several times over.

"We'll grab these on the way out." Howard kicked a crate of Dynite Ore, glimmering Wishing Stars, and violet Tera Crystals freshly mined from this level of New Mauville. He gestured to the Power Spot with the jerk of his head. "Ready to hop down?"

The Power Spot glimmered ominously in the violet light.

LEAP OF FAITH POG

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 2:53:34 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
”many would say we’re the evil, howard.”[break][break]

she was vigilant as always nonetheless, eyes scouring down to the shadows in the cracks left by time. when he kicked a crate on their way past, her gaze fell to observe the glittering portents of doom within.[break][break]

”sounds like a plan, if they’re still there.” someone had done the work. she assumed they must have still been around – unless, of course, they'd been dragged off to some deeper level of the underworld by whatever howard was concerned about.[break][break]

soon enough, they stood before the powerspot, impressive, and surely dangerous in unknown ways. it looked evil, if evil had a look, and all instinct told her to stand way back.[break][break]

such warnings had grown quieter since winter.[break][break]

”let’s go.”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:10px; line-height:17px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 2:54:26 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]authentic power spots
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]EXTRACTION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: VENTURE

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Exploration of these power spot dens brings you to rich deposits of dynite ore. It is dark here. Foreboding. Poison oozes from corrupted mosses, and Pokemon made aggressive by dynergy's effects, roam the caves.[break][break]

You may encounter a paranoid Pierce Creighton, one of Hoenn's Scientists, exploring the caves too. Should you approach him, he does not let you come close. The keenest eye may scry blood splatter on his shoes. Despite his haggard appearance, he bestows supplies should you require them. Otherwise, encounter poor bystanders trapped here, like backpackers or even a feral Megalopolan.[break][break]

There are two paths to take (OOC: they will lead to the same scenario).

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Go left.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Go right.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#b35ab3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 5:34:20 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Yes, they would. He would say that, too. Not to Lulu, never to her.

As Howard's feet struck the ground, he caught himself deftly. For all of the archaeologist's quirks, nobody could call him worthless in the field. If anything, he was far more useful there than he was behind a desk. He missed this feeling of exploration and adventure. Such a feeling was marred by evil, but it was for a good thing.

"They will be. Ever the pessimist, Lulu." It was ironic for him to say that, given his pessimism mixed with optimism into a slurry that mocked the brighter tomorrow while reveling in it. They were Rocket's biggest downers. "Not to worry. I'll map our path."

In his hand was a clutched piece of parchment and a pen with an Aerodactyl tip. It looked out of place in this nightmarish void.

"We scout. We mine. I'll get some drills in here later, and that's when the real fun begins."

CURIO TIME
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 7:05:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
she landed a little less gracefully, not having known what to expect. at least she didn’t fall.[break][break]

her brow furrowed at howard’s accusation. if anything, she thought he was being greatly optimistic, for they were surely not the only looters in the cave, and if by chance whoever had worked for that cart of firepower still lived, she imagined they’d be back for it.[break][break]

”no i’m not,” she defended herself plainly. why was howard slayte giving her shit all of the sudden? it was like no one was scared of her anymore.[break][break]

an odd shape in his hand caught her gaze. at the end of the pen was an aerodactyl tip, and somehow, it was like insult to injury. she looked away without mentioning it. ”great.”[break][break]

curious about his enthusiasm, she then asked, ”the real fun? is it the dynite ore you’re interested in?” or maybe there was something else he was after. maybe he just liked digging holes.[break][break]

a swoobat that had gone into the lower level with them rested on a magenta crystal. it took a deep whiff of the cave air, and then chittered sneakily down at them. lulu was suddenly more alert, eyeing around for whatever had caught its attention.[break][break]

when she spotted their mysterious company, however, their shadow was already growing smaller as they retreated into the dark.[break][break]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:10px; line-height:17px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,848 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 9:07:17 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He did like digging holes. Especially ones that he could barely climb out of, as was intimately familiar with. The delightful thing about digging holes was that they had a lot of uses: planting trees, building things, hiding bodies. Rocket made a lot of bodies, so that last one tended to be the main selling point, but still.

"We need them for Dynamax Bands, and they sell for a lot on the black market. The League has a monopoly on their extraction, and as a result, it's hard for people to get their hands on the stuff." Dynite Ore was also used in the construction of Power Spots, and while Rocket had no need to build any, it was nice to have a supply in reserve.

As Eternatus roused, Rocket had to be prepared to fight fire with fire.

"I'm also looking for a massive Wishing Star." Howard's eye gleamed. "For Regice."

In the darkness, a figure moved. Howard's eye widened and his lip trembled. He saw a figure that he hadn't seen since he was a student, almost a decade ago.

"Professor Creighton?"

The figure disappeared into darkness. The mind played tricks. Howard's eye refocused on Lulu, as if nothing had happened. Dynergy addled the mind, and Howard wouldn't let it puppeteer him.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 21:37:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
”ah. makes sense.” the league liked to keep many resources to themselves, tangible and otherwise. she loathed them for it.[break][break]

his next revelation was less predictable. ”for regice?” howard had thus far seemed more like an academic and less like a power-hungry fighter. his admin status began to make more sense.[break][break]

their attention was stolen by the person disappearing into the dark. though she’d never met professor creighton personally, he was a familiar face around hoenn – and one of the league’s researchers.[break][break]

”it did look like him. makes sense that he’d be down here… though he looked a bit spooked, didn’t he?”[break][break]

she watched his figure disappear into the dark like a rodent into a hole, and forgot about it for the moment.[break][break]

”so, you want to dynamax regice? i’m sure it would be a force to be reckoned with.”[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights