she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
meantime
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 8:45:29 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango annal"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
the she knows returns with a click of his tongue. it should spark irritation in her as it normally does, but the familiarity of it stands so starkly against the gentle acquaintance laying in front of her. [break][break]"it doesn't work, matias," she repeats, her voice somber with resignation. she's tried. and she's tried again, as he suggests. it's only ever made her feel less connected to herself. "i'm just not that girl anymore."
[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".annal"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
meantime
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 4:43:25 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","retiredsilphbg"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphtxt"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphicon"]
in the past, he would have stood his ground and argued until the other side conceded even if said concession wasn't actionable or genuine. he argued for the sake of it, too prideful and arrogant to take no for an answer.

now, he nods, recognizing the somberness in her voice.

"i get it."

he shrugs.

"fuck it, then. be whoever or whatever you want to be. i'll be there either way."
[attr="class","retiredsilphtag"]

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://file.garden/ZcNUTDRVyFfOaQBf/RP/matias/matiasgoodbye.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
meantime
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 5:42:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"i want to be me," she admits, her mind oscillating confusingly between desire and resignation. "the old me." [break][break]she desperately wants to be normal, to be herself again, but bottling up the abnormality of her circumstances just makes her explode eventually. it's simpler to give up, but some surviving part of her wants to keep living. [break][break]"but every time i try to just be myself or — or try to enjoy myself, all i can think about is what happened. it never stops." [break][break]being vulnerable with feels different than being vulnerable with . she slides off the edge of his bed, made restless, and picks the balled up napkin off the floor. it disappears into the plastic bag. she hovers near the chair, waiting for an excuse to bolt.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
meantime
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 7:31:13 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

"i don't think that'll ever stop."

nor will she be the old her ever again. but this is a realization she has to come to herself, the most he can do is provide guidance and be patient.

his eyes follow her as she hovers near the chair. not wanting her to leave yet, a question lodges itself into the door, acting as a stopper.

"have i ever told you about the war in kanto?"

he laughs, genuine.

"i sound old as fuck asking that. like a war veteran with nothing better to talk about. but, yeah, have i?"

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://file.garden/ZcNUTDRVyFfOaQBf/RP/matias/matiasgoodbye.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
meantime
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 8:02:34 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
the desire to run away is a coiled spring in her chest, tightening unbearably each time she's faced with some uncomfortable feeling. she feels it now, as tells her he doesn't think she'll ever stop.[break][break]but then, before she can think of an excuse to leave, he asks her another question. it distracts her, loosens the coil just enough to keep it from releasing. she blinks, then says:[break][break] "you are old as fuck."[break][break] her body language becomes less stiff, shedding the tension by teasing him. [break][break] "but no, i don't think so? besides your pooping-in-holes story, at least."[break][break]she stays beside the chair, a silent invitation for him to tell her.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
meantime
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 8:47:12 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

as tension uncoils itself from her shoulders and posture, he eases up the same, having subconsciously mirrored her.

"that was a fucking good story, admit it."

they will have to cover additional poop stories later for there are many.

"the war was…rough, to say the least. it caught many off guard when it shouldn't have." though the same happened in hoenn, he knows now his indifference to sootopolis would not have mattered in the bigger picture. "i was a little over twenty when it first started. around the same age as you, i believe."

damn, he is old.

"and, like you, i was also once their prisoner."

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
meantime
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 2:17:15 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"i won't." it's the gentlest disagreement they've had, marked by the slight, unserious quirk of her mouth as she rejects the idea.[break][break] "because it wasn't."[break][break]she lapses into silence as begins to talk about kanto. compelled by what sounds like an introduction to a much longer story, she sits down in the chair and just lets him speak. [break][break]he gives her another kernel of his history, one that makes her pale a little, breath stilled in her throat. it's incomprehensible to imagine a younger matias in her place, but she doesn't see anything in his face that could make her believe he's being dishonest.[break][break]carefully, she asks, "what happened?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
meantime
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 5:50:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

less carefully, he answers.

"we were camped a bit outside vermillion, stationed there to ensure a supply run goes smoothly, which rocket must have known about as they ambushed us in the middle of the night."

there's nothing quite like waking up surrounded by utter chaos; the immediate panic, dread, and adrenaline that struck him felt visceral.

"we fought and fought and fought to no avail. we were outnumbered and outgunned, so we surrendered."

he was forced to surrender by his allies; a fact he chooses not to voice as it would only drag up unresolved anger.

"i was their prisoner for over a month before we were rescued. we started with thirty, then sixteen, then four. know why they kept me alive?"

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
meantime
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 7:01:49 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise has tasted war, but not the way has. skirmishes as a ranger are fewer and farther between, not as exhaustingly visceral as sitting in a trench outside of a city. she frowns, taking in the story like a sponge, imagining the scene he paints for her. [break][break]have you ever stopped fighting? she studies his face, wondering how he feels about trading a traditional war for one with multiple heads. [break][break]word by word, the number of prisoners collapse. she plays the part of a good listener, her soft inquiry filling the silent gaps between the beats of his story. [break][break]"why?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
meantime
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 7:10:13 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

"because i never accepted being their prisoner."

he might have been forced to surrender but the desire to fight lived on within him, showing behind his gaze, the way he held himself, and in the way he clawed and struggled just so he could live to fight another day.

vengeance is a powerful motivator; it drove him; it drives him now; and it drives her, too.

"so they punished me for it. they made me suffer while they killed my friends, my allies, and they took their sweet fucking time to do so."

he scoffs.

"but, like me, they got cocky. eventually, they ran out of time."

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
meantime
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 7:46:59 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
his experience sounds far removed from what she had experienced. she sits there and focuses on his voice, ignoring the compulsive want to reach into her own memories, to sift and compare the fragments against his own, to accidentally cut herself on them.  is trying to relate to her, she thinks, but it's beginning to feel like a lesson in restraint. [break][break]"did someone come for you?" she tips her head to the side ever so slightly. "or did you break yourself out?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
meantime
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 7:55:46 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

"you kidding? i was too fucking weak then to break myself out. if i'd been strong enough, we wouldn't even have been there to begin with. but that's on me."

since then, he has done everything to ensure that he never returns to that same position ever again. he sought power and control, using his desire for vengeance as the groundwork to become who he is today.

"later, i managed to find the rocket admin who ran that shit. i remember eva telling me not to stoop to their level. to be good even in the face of pure evil. i said fuck it! bye-bye, you admin fucker!"

his lips curl into a grin at the satisfaction he feels even now, years later.

"so, what's the moral of the story here?"

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
meantime
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 8:46:17 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
has always been good. annalise used to be good, or at least that's how she remembers herself through the lens of before and after. she remembers being sympathetic to the rockets used to invent for her, to the former rockets fleeing an organization that would kill them if they stopped running for an instant. [break][break]but she aligns herself with the satisfaction in 's smile now. she thought this story was going meander into some advice about healing from her trauma, but instead he validates her in the worst, indulgent ways. [break][break]"i should get stronger."[break][break]she bites the inside of her cheek. she's not sure she's ever formed her lips around the thought that's been rolling around in her head since she was first dumped in that cell. [break][break]"and get them back, like you did."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
meantime
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 5:58:37 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

he snaps his fingers, pointing at her to further validate everything she has felt and is currently feeling.

"true, but also, you shouldn't be afraid of stooping down to their level. there are no levels in war. no one's going to remember that shit; they're going to remember the winners and the losers, so fight fire with fire if that's what it takes. fuck what anyone else thinks. you should take their expectations and do what i did with those holes in the ground."

and when she finally admits what she should have ages ago, he grins, nodding to affirm.

"you'll get them back. i know you will."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
meantime
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 5:37:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: