saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
veterans
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 7:04:38 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","retiredsilphbg"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphtxt"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphicon"]
somehow, despite all the advancements the world has made, the door creaks when it opens, announcing a visitor he hadn't planned on seeing until much later when he's had proper time to recover.

his head tilts, cheek pressing against the pillow as he looks over at his fellow war veteran and friend.

"pax."

he glances up and down, observing.

"you look like shit."
[attr="class","retiredsilphtag"]

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://file.garden/ZcNUTDRVyFfOaQBf/RP/matias/matiasgoodbye.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,487 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
veterans
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 4:05:03 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
Paxton, by all accounts, had done worse. But today, he feels like he understand the survivors of DESOLATE LAND a little better. He'd seen the footage released to the public and some of the wounds in the aftermath as well. It was 10x worse experiencing it. Somehow, parts of his skin had been burnt in the event. His body had lost a lot of fluid. The cramps that had crept up had been awful. And at the end he was lucky to have not burnt his arm off from passing too close to the magma.

"Ha." he said, forcing the laugh, scratch just above the bandages covering up the sites on his arm used for the multiple ivs he'd been given upon his arrival with the rest of the team. "Feel like it too." he said, leaning on the door frame for a moment longer before his eyes find a simple chair nearby.

He closes the door behind him and moves to drag the chair closer to the elite four's bedside. "How are you feeling?" he said, eyebrows furrowing together as he looked over the rest of the man recovering before him. "You survived primal poisoning. I think." he said looking over at the equipment around Matias. "Couldn't say. The nerds form SAPPHIRE know better than me." he had just overheard it.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
veterans
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 8:50:50 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

"i feel physically fine. i look fine, too, maybe even better than before."

he glances down at himself; a few bandages wrap around his body for the small burns he faced after being engulfed in the fading SACRED FIRE but for the most part, he looks healthy.

"but i feel like shit. think it's the primal poisoning."

it's more likely the guilt and grief of losing someone he loves, but he does what he does best and pushes that aside for later.

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://file.garden/ZcNUTDRVyFfOaQBf/RP/matias/matiasgoodbye.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,487 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
veterans
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 0:18:42 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

"Mmm... 's doing, right?" he asked, eyebrows furrowed with the same concern he'd felt upon finding out about 's own fiery resurrection. "You know, I always felt like that power would kill him one day." he said as he glanced over at Matias' monitors. "I guess it did, just not the way I thought it would."

"Yeah? Headaches?" he pointed at his own chest. "Chest pains?" He added before growing quiet. He held no personal affections for the dead- sorry, missing Champion. But he knew certain individuals in the League did. Matias and Kyle being one of the closest men he knew of.

"Could just be shock." Of. You know. Everything.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
veterans
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 4:41:21 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

he nods. "kyle's doing, blessing, whatever you want to call it."

though it would be incredibly easy for him to walk down the path of self-pity, regret, and guilt, he knows would not be what kyle would have wanted. his chance at another life is not a curse but a blessing; one he intends to see through.

"i feel exhausted, mostly, but yeah, headaches and chest pains."

not so much shock, he thinks, and more so to do with his altered bond with groudon. takes time to adjust, he thinks.

"you? just another day in the office?"

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,487 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
veterans
POSTED ON May 9, 2024 5:32:48 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

"Ho Oh's blessings, only partially studied." he murmured, off handedly. If only he'd been more diligent. Then again, knowledge of the full extent of their champion's powers wouldn't have done them any good. "Glad that's the extent of it." As far as he knew, no other personnel had suffered too great an injury during the events of PRIMEVAL.

He lifted a hand to pinch at the side of his neck, pushing at a knot. "Most of my severe sunburn has been taken care of so they let me walk. Now it's just damage control." he said. "To put it bluntly, I'm still not sure what 's gonna do with you. I'm hoping with the studies on Primal Poisoning we can secure some proof that you were not in your right state of mind." he took a pause before adding. "Not that I doubt you, but I think it's easier to argue when you have hard proof of the imbalance in your psyche." he said.

"What do you want to do, Matias?"

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
veterans
POSTED ON May 9, 2024 7:10:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

"fair."

he isn't sure what he'd do either if he was in the commissioner's shoes. not that he'd ever be there, though. there's be far too much outcry both internally and externally.

"i thought about retiring."

thought, not think, because that idea, while pleasant in theory, would be horrendous in practice because matias silph is not a man who simply sits around and does nothing. he is a man of action, addicted to the thrill of the fight because he has known nothing else.

"but i'm not sure. my time with the league may come to an end but i don't think i'll ever stop fighting. might just be fighting from behind bars, if that's what they decide."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights