he/him/his
April 2nd
Fuchsia City, Kanto
homosexual
author/pokemon caretaker
civilian
5’10” height
5’10” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beckett
beckett carlson
Missing in Action [M/Shalin]
POSTED ON May 5, 2024 16:39:16 GMT
beckett carlson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg8"]

[attr="class","header"]THAT’S HOW SUPERHEROS LEARN TO FLY

[attr="class","setting"]

He was worried.
[break][break]
Not that that was actually new, considering he was an anxious person. But this had nothing to do with one of his normal anxieties.
[break][break]
No, he was worried because he had seen the hide or hair of his boss for the past few days. That was worrying since the gym leader hadn’t mentioned going anywhere.
[break][break]
His worry had been so great that he had pushed aside his usual nerves to ask around. I'm hoping that might’ve told someone something. No such luck. Instead, he had only gotten more questions than answers.
[break][break]
Others were missing as well.
[break][break]
He didn’t like this at all. But he knew he couldn’t fly into a panic. No, he had to contribute to finding the missing people in Hoenn. In these kinds of situations, it was best to start small. He would focus on finding Josh first.
[break][break]
After deciding to look for Josh, he put out word of his plans for a search party. He had been expecting to wait for what felt like forever to receive a response, so he was surprised when he received a response not even an hour later.
[break][break]
Waiting for his partner for the mission, he thought of any place the gym leader could be. Which led him to branching out to area’s outside of Mauville, places that could be easy to get lost in if one weren’t careful.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#dde2e6; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/YS2JSzWt/IMG-2352.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 7, 2024 2:54:54 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
One weekend in late April, Shalin and the Mauville Gym Leader had their schedules align to the point where they could go to the arcade and play Step Step Revolution in front of a crowd at Slateport City's Round One Arcade. Shalin could clear much of the game's hardest content, and wanted to give the newest level 19 chart a try; unlike the rest of the folder, the chart she wanted to unlock and play was a bridge between the much easier level 18 folder and the highest level of difficulty seemingly in a league of its own.

That would not be the case; Rangers throughout Hoenn had been overwhelmed with missing persons reports toward the end of the month, some of which were VIPs. The Champion and Knight of Thunder, , was on that list. She felt miserable for the young man. He, at long last, fulfilled his dream of befriending Raikou, and didn't even get to be with the Beast for a month before disappearing. The number of other people that had vanished was alarming, too. Every city had Rangers searching for the missing people around the clock, and Rustboro had become so overwhelmed that the Captain herself had joined the effort. She had loaned out almost all of her flying Pokémon to Rustboro Rangers who needed aerial assistance. The only two left in her possession was Sandy, her Flygon, and Sol, the Shiny Volcarona upon which she was seated and ready to soar atop.

"Beckett, right?" Shalin asked the young man. "Captain Shalin Nariya of Rustboro. The Mauville Gym Leader is one of my best friends, and I couldn't bear it if I learned something horrible happened to him so recently after becoming a Champion."

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Sol           Volcarona**    Good

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

beck/rem owens
he/him/his
April 2nd
Fuchsia City, Kanto
homosexual
author/pokemon caretaker
civilian
5’10” height
5’10” height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beckett
beckett carlson
POSTED ON May 8, 2024 5:32:45 GMT
beckett carlson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

The sound of his name pulled him out of his thoughts, and he barely refrained from exclaiming in surprise. He did jump a bit, though.
[break][break]
His face heating up a bit, he turned to face the green-haired woman who had spoken to him. Considering the woman knew his name, he could only assume this woman was his partner.
[break][break]
Before confirming his identity, he would take note of her own mount. Unlike his own Hisuian Braviary, she was riding a shiny Volcarona, something he had never seen before. Deciding to worry about that later, he instead focused his attention on the conversation that had started up between them.
[break][break]
“Th-That’s right It’s a pleasure to meet you, Captain Nariya,” he said, giving her a small, a bit a timid one. “I haven’t known Mr. Devlin long, but I still care about him. I work at his gym as one of the Pokémon caretakers,” he explained, meeting her gaze as much as he could.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#E0A526; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/YS2JSzWt/IMG-2352.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 9, 2024 2:05:32 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The Hisuian Braviary was impressive; though its sheen was different than Sirocco, the black one under Josh's care, it would still be a fine choice to survey the crater with. She smiled briefly upon receiving eye contact from Beckett before turning serious again.

"Wow, he must be making some real lettuce if he's hiring that many people," Shalin remarked. "He keeps the place running so well; I drop by from time to time. Transformed Mauville from a military city to Hoenn's sports hub months after be became Gym Leader there." While she wasn't terribly sports savvy, she could appreciate it through her friend. "Anyway, how about we saddle up and survey the trail?" she asked, Sol's wings beginning to flutter silently.

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

beck/rem owens
he/him/his
April 2nd
Fuchsia City, Kanto
homosexual
author/pokemon caretaker
civilian
5’10” height
5’10” height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beckett
beckett carlson
POSTED ON May 11, 2024 17:34:16 GMT
beckett carlson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

“I guess I try not to concern myself with how much money another person has. It goes without saying that it isn’t really any of my business,” he pointed out, his voice barely audible. Part of him still wasn’t used to being able to express his opinions, half expecting to be yelled at for having an opinion, even if what he said was true.
[break][break]
Some, like Val, wouldn’t have seen it like that. He would’ve wanted him to simply agree with him with a simple yes, sir. Any other response would’ve been seen as him talking back, so it had just been easier to not have an opinion.
[break][break]
At the mention of Mauville having been a military city, he shifted uncomfortably. “It’s good he was able to better Mauville. No disrespect against the military, but I am a pacifist, so not having to deal with the idea of war not being shoved repeatedly into my face is a relief,” he admitted, looking down and fiddling with his fingers as he spoke.
[break][break]
As the subject turned to the subject of the reason they had come here, he couldn’t help but be relieved. “Sounds good to me,” he said, his gaze fixed downward as he checked one last time to make sure the saddle on Sora was fixed the way it was supposed to. Once he had, he would turn his attention to Shalin.
[break][break]
“Re-ready whenever you are,” he said after having mounted Sora.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#E0A526; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/YS2JSzWt/IMG-2352.jpg);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 12, 2024 3:27:47 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Sure, it wasn't either of their business how much money Mauville's Gym Leader was making. Even so, she couldn't deny that the the Pokémon racer was well-off. Unfortunately, Beckett was in the wrong region to be so pacifist; war was a constant in Hoenn, and the strings of fate had their way with pulling the most unlikely of people into the clutches of battle. Shalin herself had been involved far too many times, to the point where she adapted her Sygna Suit's unusual capabilities for battle. In her hands, vibration was both an incredible thrill and a potent weapon.

With Beckett astride Sora and Shalin holding Sol's reins, the two were ready. "Remember, the crater itself is still too hot without protection. We'll do a clockwise sweep by its rim." Once the directions were clear, a low-pitched buzzing noise roared outward from the Volcarona as his wings churned. Her hair stood on end from the unexpected strength behind them, though the grating sound ceased once they were airborne. Flitting and fluttering about, the golden-winged insect soared next to Sora. "So what part of Hoenn are you from?" she asked, trying to get to know Beckett better as her eyes shifted from side to side in search of her friend.

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

beck/rem owens
he/him/his
April 2nd
Fuchsia City, Kanto
homosexual
author/pokemon caretaker
civilian
5’10” height
5’10” height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beckett
beckett carlson
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 13:37:06 GMT
beckett carlson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He felt bad that they couldn’t check every last inch of it. Being a simple civilian, buying protective clothing could be hard. The best he had when it came to protection was winter clothes. But that was protection against the cold. If he tried to go that route when it came to protecting himself, he was sure to pass out.
[break][break]
"Okay, hopefully we’ll still find some kind of clue,” he said, waiting for Shalin to take the lead. Once airborne, he let his gaze sweep the scenery below them, not that he could really see anything. Hopefully, Sora or Shalin will end up spotting something.
[break][break]
The question caused him to briefly glance at the green-haired woman, not having been expecting it. Still, he would answer her question. “I live in Dewford Town, but I wasn’t born in Hoenn,” he explained. Though he still saw Hoenn more like home than he had Kanto.
[break][break]
“What about you? What part of Hoenn are you from?”[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 14, 2024 6:27:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Such was the advantage to being a high-ranking Ranger: Shalin could get access to expensive, specialized gear she would only use on occasions such as this. Even so, Josh was no Avatar. He couldn't survive in the bottom of the crater without protection. They wouldn't need to go too far into the crater itself, though even high up it was uncomfortably hot. Survivable, but not pleasant by any means.

"I actually live off-grid in Petalburg Woods, between Petalburg and Rustboro," Shalin answered as she peered over the giant insect she was flying on in search of anything anomalous by the crater's rim. "I'm originally not from Hoenn, though. I dropped by from Ecruteak on a trip that was supposed to last a couple weeks. Then when the barrier went up before the Meteno crisis, that couple weeks turned into a few months. By the time I could return to Johto, I was too invested in my new life here."

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

beck/rem owens
he/him/his
April 2nd
Fuchsia City, Kanto
homosexual
author/pokemon caretaker
civilian
5’10” height
5’10” height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beckett
beckett carlson
POSTED ON May 15, 2024 14:03:38 GMT
beckett carlson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

The fact that she lived in the Petalburg Woods was definitely surprising. Part of him envied her for it. Even if it weren’t for his secret career as an author, he would be more than willing to go live out in the woods somewhere. Of course, being an author was only half of it; he also had a roommate in the form of his best friend, who kept him from living off the grid like Shalin did.
[break][break]
“Living off the grid sounds nice. I can’t really get by without having to use a laptop, though. I use Word documents a lot,” he explained, his voice soft. It was clear from the fact that he wasn’t stammering that he was getting more comfortable, but he still struggled to speak up or meet her gaze directly.
[break][break]
At the mention of a well-known city from Johto, he couldn’t help but glance at her before quickly dropping his gaze once more. “That must have been hard at first. Do you not have family in Johto?” he inquired curiously, wondering if the barrier had kept her from her family.
[break][break]
Being separated from his family was a feeling he could relate to. Pushing aside thoughts of family, he decided to continue on with the conversation. "Anyway, I’m from Fuchsia City. I came to Hoenn with my best friend, so I can’t really say I left anything behind.”[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 3:24:31 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin smiled when she heard Beckett's reason for remaining in a town. "You can still live off-grid, long as you can run everything locally! Just catch a few electric Pokémon to charge your devices!" That's how Shalin kept her phone charged: a portable battery that she could connect her electric Pokémon to when it ran low on power.

That brilliant smile turned upside down when family was mentioned. "They... didn't survive the Rocket invasion. But it's okay. As a Ranger, it works out better that I live away from the city." At the mention of Fuchsia City, her expression turned more neutral. "So you had to live through that hell, too..." she trailed off, scanning toward the crater's rim for any signs of Josh. Still nothing; her worry over the Gym Leader grew by the moment...

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

beck/rem owens
he/him/his
April 2nd
Fuchsia City, Kanto
homosexual
author/pokemon caretaker
civilian
5’10” height
5’10” height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beckett
beckett carlson
POSTED ON May 17, 2024 14:45:08 GMT
beckett carlson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

“Hmmm…maybe. I don’t really live alone, though. My best friend is my roommate; I'm not really sure he would want to live in the wilderness,” he told the older woman. Even if that was what they had essentially done when they first came to Hoenn, at least until his friend had gotten enough money for them to get a place,.
[break][break]
At the mention of her family not making it, he winced. He had really put his foot in it now; he hadn’t really considered the fact that her family had died when Team Rocket came. He had forgotten about their attempt to take over Johto, despite the fact that Kanto and Johto were neighbors.
[break][break]
Now he felt terrible.
[break][break]
Not only that, but it made him think of his own parents. He was looking for them to tell them he didn’t hate them. But it was entirely possible that if they hadn’t left Kanto after giving him up, they would have been killed in the invasion.
[break][break]
“I’m sorry to hear that. That must have been hard. My friend is the only fa-family I have left,” he admitted, stumbling a bit at the mention of his friend being family and his face heating up a bit. “An-Anyway, I’m sure you have some pretty good memories of them. My own parents had to give me up when I was six for financial reasons, so I don’t remember them that well. I’ve actually been trying to find them to let them know I don’t fault them for it. It’s kind of hard when you don’t have names to go off of,” he admitted.
[break][break]
When Rocket had first begun the takeover of Kanto, he and his friend hadn’t stuck around. Neither had much battle experience, with Beck having none at all. “My friend and I left around the beginning of the invasion. I was fifteen at the time, and I was not prepared to take on criminals. I also lacked Pokémon. I didn’t receive my first Pokémon until after I came to Hoenn.”
[break][break]
The whole time they talked, he allowed his gaze to scan the ground below them. The more time that went by without them finding Josh, the more worried he felt. What could have happened to him?[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 19, 2024 20:47:51 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Such was the reason why most people who had significant others lived quiet city or country lives. True adventurers were often hermits, whether only children separated from their parents, widowed, or otherwise. It was part of why Shalin was single and not looking; she would be hard-pressed to find one willing to live such a wild lifestyle with her.

"It's okay, Beckett," Shalin answered, perhaps with a bit less sensitivity than was expected. "That was so long ago. What was it... seven years ago now? I was just a teen when it happened. Never did I think I would be in the position I was in now." So Beckett was also a teen when the invasion happened. It was so relatable. "Small world, ain't it?"

By now, they had scanned much of the crater's rim, and Josh was nowhere to be found. "We might have to check the top level of the inside of the crater. I doubt we can go any deeper than that without getting cooked." With a sudden buzz, Sol zipped over the rim and began to descend.

{PC: 6}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights