played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
london fog [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2018 3:33:28 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hth"]

The outskirts were disgusting. As autumn slowly crept across the region, the marine layer would linger longer into the day. The shawl of gray could creep to the hems of this urban sprawl, sucking the color and the life from these desolate streets. Those that walked through these impoverished networks seemed more downtrodden than usual–maybe the overcast weather had impacted their mood, as well?[break][break]

Desmond straightened his coat, waiting for the youngest of the heirs to arrive. A simple walk would do her good. He would have called it fresh air, but nothing in this world was clean.[break][break]

The streets that stretched before him were empty. Two paper cups were in his hands, sealed with the round plastic lids to withhold the heat that radiated through the container. It was his turn to fetch the beverages.[break][break]

He hummed, knowing the young woman was on her way.[break][break]
tags

[attr="class","meulk"]MADE BY MEULK

[newclass=.hth]font-family:arial;font-size:7.5pt;color:#424242;text-align:justify;padding:60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hth b]font-family:georgia;font-size:8pt;color:#965353;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hth i]font-family:georgia;color:#965353;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.meulk]font-family:verdana;font-size:5pt;font-weight:bold;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

little sister
13 height
13 height
I HAVE FAILED A MILLION TIMES. WHAT'S ONE MORE?
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicious
ESSER BLACKWELL
london fog [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2018 10:44:23 GMT
ESSER BLACKWELL Avatar
autumn brings about esser's only expertise: fall wear. boots, thigh highs, even a plaid skirt-- fashionable by rocket standards but a far reach from the region's contest trend setters. it's a memorial to their late mother, a hereditary pick up that neither male blackwell seemed to display. no, they were too preoccupied for expanding their wardrobes pass the same three outfits. her lack of ability sparred her from the same responsibility, in exchange for her signature crippling self-esteem.

"desmond!"

there's a tenderness to her call that comes with the familiarity between them. years together has made her soft, trusting-- vulnerable. for all intents and purposes, desmond is the only one who truly sees her for what she is: a little girl in way too deep-- a slave to the circumstance of her birth.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
london fog [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2018 21:54:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD NUZLEAF APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / pickpocket[break]
razor leaf / feint attack / swagger / fake out
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD GOLBAT APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / inner focus[break]
poison fang / air slash / haze / venoshock
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
london fog [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2018 22:07:45 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hth"]

She had grown so quickly.[break][break]

Desmond Kelley greeted Esser Blackwell with a smile, wondering where the time had gone. The lines that marred his face crinkled at their edges, pushed by his smile. There was no facade. There was no need to put on airs. “Good morning,” and he passed her one of the paper cups. Standing in the outskirts of Slateport had been the safest option, but not the option he preferred–he missed the security of Kanto, where they could enjoy their walks without the concern.[break][break]

“Are you well?” His hand reached up to brush away her bangs as if he were a doting father. He had already been told the news of the botched robbery, but he would let her voice it for herself. Poor Esser was rarely given that privilege. It was the price of her position.[break][break]

Pokemon crept from the trash-littered alleyways. The sound of human voices had attracted them. Desmond does not care. As a shadow crossed the street from overhead, the wild pokemon would what the Scientist had done. Remus swept down and shredded into the closest target; the nuzleaf. The cries of the pokemon were halted as the Honchkrow beat it into submission, talons gripping so tight into the poor grass-type that blood was drawn.[break][break]

Desmond ignored it. His Honchkrow had already been fed. The wild pokemon would be sparred.[break][break]
tags

[newclass=.hth]font-family:arial;font-size:7.5pt;color:#424242;text-align:justify;padding:60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.meulk]font-family:verdana;font-size:5pt;font-weight:bold;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

little sister
13 height
13 height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicious
ESSER BLACKWELL
london fog [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2018 21:31:02 GMT
ESSER BLACKWELL Avatar
she accepts warm beverage joyfully, eager to sample it's taste. the content sigh that follows is one that warms not just her face but the pits of desmond's heart. it's a sight far and few between but something he can cherish in its exclusivity. very few rockets ever see esser drop her stoic expression, even fewer get to see her smile.

"uh," she falters on her words. her eyes lower but her expression doesn't darken. it's more of a face of disappointment, knowing of her failure and ineptitude. the same expression a daughter uses to tell her father about her troubles at school. "a mission went bad and now hoenn is looking for me." she kicks a loose rock in her path, secretly wishing it was her instead. "i messed up."

esser never bats and eye as the honchkrow takes care of their uninvited company. she's used to the pokemon keeping a reliable watch over them, not unlike its trainer. instead, she ignores the cry of the nuzleaf and golbat in the background. little does she know that one of them will be added to her roster. a gift from desmond. a hope that she'll grow from her failures and into someone better.

she never takes her eyes off her mentor, still somewhat smiling.

"how about you desmond?"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
london fog [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2018 23:41:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
ESSER CAPTURED GOLBAT!

[attr="class","aname2"]
CONGRATULATIONS!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / inner focus[break]
poison fang / air slash / haze / venoshock
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SWALOT APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / liquid ooze[break]
body slam / acid spray / sludge bomb / toxic
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD ALOLAN GRIMER APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / poison touch[break]
poison gas / gunk shot / acid armor / screech
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
london fog [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2018 8:36:25 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hth"]

“You will not let it happen again.” His stern voice was offset by the gift.[break][break]

Desmond set the pokeball into her open hands, gently folding her fingers around its polished surface; Esser's punishment had already been dealt. Now, it was his time to offer the support. A pokemon will not teach her the lessons that needed to be learned, but it would interrupt her growing roster of Eevees. “Failure should not suit you,” even if it seemed to clutch to her shoulders with every decision that she made.[break][break]

She was not allowed the room to mistakes. It was an unrealistic expectation–he knew it. “Learn from this,” he sighed as he brushed her hair back behind her ear like he had done when she was a child. He could be a cruel man. These impulses could be tempered when faced with someone that looked at him with admiration.[break][break]

In the background, two slime-like pokemon would find themselves assaulted by–not one–but two Honchkrows. The brothers did not relent. They descended as a group–a murder. "I have been well," and he spared the details of his exploits. Hoenn had been a vacation. A chance to test whatever he pleased. His muse had been rekindled, knowing that there was a new region to exploit. "But, I fear I may find myself occupied in the coming weeks." Work demanded it. The break would have to end--and he looked forward to it.[break][break]

tags

close tab

played by

little sister
13 height
13 height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicious
ESSER BLACKWELL
london fog [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2018 4:42:45 GMT
ESSER BLACKWELL Avatar
"i wont," she whispers. esser has her doubts but desmond is right. he just doesn't realize how right he is.

esser looks at the pokeball and accepts it graciously. her roster is nothing but eevees, adaptable on paper but not yet realizing their potential. they fit her as more of an aspiring trainer or celebrity. they're pets, fluffy and warm, not monsters of war. they're not suited for what's to come. they belong at home, with a loving family, one that esser will never know.

so she takes the gift and promises to use it well. her smile takes a dip and she stares for validation. for some sign of hope that desmond will guide her to where she needs to go.

"that's too bad." she's looking down now, disappointed. they're time together is never long enough. there's always something to do, a task at hand. it leaves her feeling alone. only her devotion pushes her forward but even it is not enough. sometimes she just needs the company, someone to tame the worries that plague her heart.

someone to drive back the doubt.

"i'll miss you, desmond."

a fitting farewell.

++grimer

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
london fog [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2018 6:29:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD IVYSAUR APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / overgrow[break]
vine whip / poison powder / take down / worry seed
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD GLOOM APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / chlorophyll[break]
acid / giga drain / moonlight / petal dance
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
london fog [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2018 4:30:59 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hth"]
Everyone had an end; the final curtain call that would signal the conclusion to their story.[break][break]

Some ends came sooner than others. “Stay out of trouble,” and he smiled with a warmth that was rarely seen. Esser was right. They never spent much time with one another. There were reasons for it–he would not disclose what they were. They were best left unsaid.[break][break]

Desmond would take them to the grave, if he were able.[break][break]

Another pokemon was added to her collection. They would be fodder for when the time came. He wished to spare her from utilizing her pets. Those Eevee were harmless, stupid creatures. “You can always call,” but a voice was not always enough. He knows this.[break][break]

As the murder found new pokemon to harass, as the street they walked grew to its end, he took the opportunity to claim the Ivysaur as his own. The whelp could be fashioned into something respectable. There was still time. It was still young. “I suppose the other one can suit your needs,” though he chuckled at the Gloom and its inability to defend itself. “Don't grow fond of them.” They were disposable.[break][break]

Little did he know that he had already made that mistake.[break][break]

tags // captured the ivysaur

close tab

played by

little sister
13 height
13 height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicious
ESSER BLACKWELL
london fog [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2018 6:33:51 GMT
ESSER BLACKWELL Avatar
"i will desmond." she promises with well intent but they both know that's impossible. trouble is the closest thing esser will find to a soulmate. they belong together, intertwined. one never without the other. it's symbolic, really. the depravity of her sins being the sink that allows the freedom to reign without shortcoming. for him to be perfection there needs to be weakness, a defect. the blackwells are not perfect and esser is the holy grail that assimilates their failures.

what do you wish for?

right now, nothing more than a little more time with her most trusted adviser. she looks him over again, embracing his features, acknowledging the fine lines that come with age. she wants to run her fingers against them, to appreciate his impact on her life, and to grow old with him. to settle in the country and watch the trees grow is a dream too far to reach. it makes her sad. it fills her with regret.

if only.

to grow old is a folly. neither desmond nor her pokemon will make it to the end. the demand of conflict won't let them. "yes desmond," she answers. it's an impossible task. not unless she neglects them, leaving them in their balls until they're needed. isolation allows her heart to steel.

the pokeballs will never leave her backpack. not until the fated time.