Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2019 18:12:24 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"So this is a corviknight? I never saw the one we flew that parcel for..." At least now he had an inkling as to what this bird was, though Monty almost had him worried about the tag. Would that have meant it was used to deliver packages and taxi patrons? That would've made the most sense, but also been equally tragic, so he was glad when Monty declared it a truly feral pokemon.

Corviknight kept twitching its head between them, its beady eyes flicking between either trainer, watching them anxiously. The ranger had given it a respectable breadth, but was circling it, eyeing its legs too closely. Without needing further provocation, it loosed a grating squawk as it fanned its wings, flaring its feathers until it puffed up larger than it actually was. It raked a set of talons through the air towards Monty without moving from its spot, done verily in warning.

Adrian waved his hands around in front of its face, and it seemed to fixate on him, though whether it was calm or deterred was difficult to discern. So he plucked a poffin from out of his backpack and chucked it upwards towards his corviknight, allowing it to snatch the paltry morsel. That seemed to win it over, at least. He gave the plumage on its breast a quick pat, stroking along the feathers so as to soothe its temperamental nature. "He's awesome, right?"

Adrian wore a shit eating grin, puffing himself up just like the corviknight. Maybe he should've been more concerned about their safety, but the pokemon didn't seem doom-driven, acting purely on its rattled instincts. "I figured we could fly him to Rustboro. It'd be quicker." And also help condition the creature to human contact, and maybe just provide another thrilling experience.

Minus the thunder and lightning, of course.

"Oh, and his name's Reign," he added before he forgot to mention something so critical as a name.

@monty
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2019 20:14:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar

“Ha! No.”

Monty faked a laugh before his refusal. He shook his head and gave the bird even more distance than before.

“Nope. No way. I refuse. I hate flying as it is, and no offense but it doesn’t seem like you’ve given him much training.”

Death by corviknight? Double nope. Count Monty out.

“I’ve got Radiance to teleport me. Much more safe.”

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2019 0:57:02 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"You made him nervous!" But Adrian knew enough to figure Monty had made up his mind, conceding his stance with a small pout. He let his hand drop from the bird, holding them at his side, wondering if he should accompany them through teleport or not. But like Monty said, maybe Reign just needed some training. Even he'd been hoping to get it acclimated to flying with humans by inviting Monty along, so he couldn't bow out now.

"Where should we meet up then, the Pokemon Center?" Anywhere would suit him fine.

@monty
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
skippy [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2019 18:14:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Pokemon Center sounds good to me."

With that, Monty tossed out the heal ball that held his gardevoir, Radiance, and watched as she twirled and danced. One look at that giant bird and she was giving a fond smile. As if to calm the beast, she simply gave a slow curtsy. A way to tell the bird these two trainers really didn't mean any harm.

"Last one there's a trubbish."

Monty winked, then took his gardevoir's hand and in an instant, they were gone.