Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2019 1:46:49 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Down there," he called out to his monster from Foretree (aka Corviknight,) pointing in the direction of a prospector's camp along the uppermost reaches of the Jagged Pass. There had been an unusual mineral discovered at a nearby site, something found only incredibly rarely during a routine dig. And while the material itself was nothing of much value to a trainer, it was an indicator of something bigger: Mega Stones.

As his avian companion made its descent, scattering debris across the dust stained faces of the camps' occupants, Adrian was able to single out and pinpoint the on-site supervisor and prospector. After withdrawing his pokemon, he talked to the camp workers who approached him first, raising a leaflet that had advertised their need for extra hands. That was gonna be him, yup.

After mulling over the details of the dig (they were not allowed to seize any of the excavated materials,) he became a bit discouraged, but volunteered nonetheless. Part of him wondered if he couldn't get away with pocketing a few precious ore while they weren't looking, but he supposed they'd do a full body search the first few times they allowed him onto their site. So he wouldn't even think to try anything, at least not just yet.

Adrian shed all of his shirts and jacket and crammed them into his backpack, wearing only a black beater to a cordoned off area they were going to have him double check, just to be thorough (and make sure he wouldn't break anything with his technique.) After they left him to his business, he raised a pick above his head, directing the weight into the slab of granite and beginning his first actual attempt at excavation.

It was a lot of work, but quite possibly worth it.

#OPEN
close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2019 8:22:09 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]

[attr="class","vivalyric"]I SMILE BEFORE I WANT TO, I SMILE BECAUSE YOU WANT TO
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]

hello~

All right, so perhaps he doesn't look like the sort that might sign up for a dig.[break][break]

He can't exactly blame the foreman for the look he gets when he shows up to the dig-site. The man sizes him up with a glance and grumbles something under his breath that the professor doesn't quite catch, but he thinks he could guess the gist of it.[break][break]

"I am stronger than I look, monsieur! Enough to lift a pickaxe, at least. I work primarily outdoors!"[break][break]

He's not surprised when they require a demonstration, but eventually he's allowed to enter the excavation site and meet up with the other volunteers. Or... one of them, at least, a handsome young man who's already hard at work on a slab of granite. Florian's cheeks flush when he catches himself staring a bit too long, thankful that the man's got his back turned and hasn't seemed to notice his presence.[break][break]

He waits until Adrian's not mid-swing to clear his throat and gain his attention; it would be rude to startle him and potentially cause an injury. Florian's Sylveon sits at his feet, little pink tail twitching as he looks up at Adrian.[break][break]

"Sorry, monsieur, I just wanted to introduce myself! I did not want to startle you by simply walking up and swinging this." He hefts the pickaxe in his grip and grins a bit, striding closer to the wall. "I'm Florian! You are also a volunteer?"[break][break]

A guess, based on his earlier conversation with the foreman.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800]

[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]

[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#57b6ce;[/newclass]

[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#57b6ce;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#57b6ce;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 7px Raleway;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 10:01:23 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Yeah...?" He's a little disconcerted, if only because he was beginning to work up a groove for this work when the stranger interrupted him. Lowering the pick, feeling its weight strain against his arm, Adrian tries to bear through it for the sake of pleasantries. "My name's Adrian, so you know."

And without so much as a second glance, he turned back to his granite, hefting the pick once more before holding his swing. "Yeah, I'm a volunteer." Neither of them looked the type, so it was fair enough that he'd assumed, although maybe mildly insulting. "Guess I don't got the muscles to pull off a convincing hard-at-work vibe," he said in a scathingly sarcastic tone. He shrugged.

In earnest Adrian began chipping away at the slab, feeling minute specks of mineral shattering from the impact, pelting against his bare skin with a faint sting the greater the swing. He could feel the sweat beading along his skin, coalescing along his forehead and in his pits, which he was quick to swipe at with a spare rag. The work was hard.

Hopefully, just maybe, it would pay off.

"Are you a foreigner?" It was his first real interaction with the stranger, Florian, that had gone beyond answering questions on autopilot. And although he made the dangerous assumption, he assumed it would lead to an interesting insight.

If he didn't offend them, at least.

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 8:23:52 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]

hello~

Adrian seems mildly affronted by Florian's question. His blue eyes go wide, brow scrunching with concern as he realises how he must have come across.[break][break]

"Oh, no, it's not that!" he insists, worry sharpening in his tone. He certainly hadn't meant to make such a rude impression! "It is something the foreman said about finding the other volunteers, is all! You certainly look far more qualified and hard-working than me."[break][break]

He laughs, having no problem poking fun at his own expense. He looked delicate and breakable, much like the fairy-types he'd made a career out of studying. But, also like his beloved fairies, he possessed an unexpected strength.
[break][break]
There's a lull of silence as Adrian turns back to the wall and Florian follows suit, finding a spot that looked malleable enough before hefting the pickaxe and bringing it down upon the stone. It's repetitive, tiring work, but he's not one to throw in the towel the moment things got rough. If anything, he'd just take a break or slow down if he felt the need.[break][break]

"Are you a foreigner?"[break][break]

The question captures his attention, and Florian uses it as an excuse to set down the pickaxe and take a long swig of water from his canteen before answering. The cool water draws a pleasant path down his throat.[break][break]

"Is it the accent?" he asks, chuckling. His tone is light; he's not offended. "An immigrant, yes! I am from Kalos, originally. I moved to Hoenn for the purpose of my studies."
[break][break]
He picks up the mining implement and once again begins work on the wall, his muscles acquiring a not-yet-unpleasant burn associated with manual labor.
[break][break]
"Are you from Hoenn?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#57b6ce;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 7px Raleway;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2020 11:33:50 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Y-yeah..." There was no beating around the bush here, but at least they found no harm in his curious inquiring, taking a moment to quench themselves as they managed an answer. Studies? Adrian hadn't been one for schooling, outside of pokemon battling that is. "Sounds interesting enough."

There's a moment where he can only hear the splintering of flint and granite before a question causes his ears to perk. "Nah, I'm from Sinnoh." Oddly enough the way he talked and carried himself might've led one to assume he was from Galar, but that was not quite the case with him.

"Came here while attending the Rustboro Pokemon School. Haven't left here since."

Maybe Florian didn't need to know so much; Adrian couldn't even be so sure why he felt it was worth sharing, but he had. Putting his mind—and his back—into his work once more, he managed to shear away a slab of stone that revealed a pattern of stardust embedded in the rock, as well as what could've been comet shards. Or worthless pewter, for all Adrian really knew. "Whaddaya know..."

Adrian drops his tool with a metallic clunk, reaching with greedy fingers for the minerals, attempting to pry them from the earth to no avail. "Bugger, they're wedged in there pretty good..."

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2020 8:09:34 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]

~

A curious tilt of his head reveals Florian's intrigue before he formulates a response.[break][break]

"A trainers school, ah?" It was interesting to know that there was one in Rustburo, just a journey through the tunnel from where he lived in Verdanturf. "I admit I have always wondered what that was like! I went through regular schooling until university."[break][break]

In truth, it hadn't been his choice. Perhaps that had been why his curiosity toward Pokemon was insatiable as he grew; they were a forbidden fruit until he was old enough to make decisions of his own. Applying for a research program at university in Lumiose had been quite the culture shock, and he'd learned the ropes of training Pokemon alongside the rigorous coursework required to become a professor.[break][break]

The Eeevee that had been his first Pokemon had evolved into the Sylveon that now sat alongside the trainers in the mine, his white fur marred by the dust they produced in chipping away at the walls.[break][break]

Adrian makes progress before Florian, and the professor jumps at the loud sound of the dropped pickaxe and nearly drops his own.[break][break]

Carefully setting it against the wall, instead, he watches Adrian fruitlessly scrabble at the shining shards.[break][break]

"Is there a chisel around, perhaps?" Swinging the pick at the wall might shatter the shards into smaller pieces that would be less valuable to collectors... at least that was Florian's logic. He takes a moment to look around, producing hammer and chisel after a few minutes. He offers them to Adrian. "I found these, if you wanted to try."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,727 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 1:49:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
steelix

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

female or male - sheer force[break]
stone edge / rock slide / double-edge / magnet rise / head smash

TREMORS ROLL THROUGH THE SITE. as the earth splits open, it spills its innards. chunks of stone and soil fall from the opening maw, and a steely intestine surges from its stony stomach. a steelix, with a perpetual, chrome smile, descends upon those who dare to disturb its subterranean slumber.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

[break]&
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 4:17:48 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"It was... alright. I learned more through experience than by taking notes," he spoke plainly about his time with the school, snubbing its worth from an educational standpoint. "It was fun, though." A thin smile spread across his otherwise tense expression, his brow knitting in frustration before Florian offered him some help.

"Thanks."

Adrian took the tools from Florian, quickly applying the chisel to a spot just beneath the precious ore, hoping to dislodge it by crushing the softer shale rock encompassing its. After a few moments of prying, he manages to dislodge a sizable chunk, hefting it in his palm curiously. "It's pretty light."

Maybe that's why it was so valuable to colle—

The entire site begins to rumble as the earth splits, a rift forming beneath them that splinters around their feet, causing Adrian to slide down the sedimentary rock while suffering a serious case of road rash as he slips into the fissure beneath him.

Adrian grits his teeth, exclaiming in anguish with a grunt as his back is rubbed raw, dropped on his keister roughly. For a moment he sits still, tensing up from the pain, before attempting to run a hand over the sores along his backside. "A-ah-ow..."

Only after the dust settles is he able to begin understanding his surroundings, noticing the large, steely figure looming over him in his disrepair.

Steelix appeared mighty pissed about something.

Couldn't have been him; Adrian did nothing wrong.

"A-a little help here!" Scrambling back only has him backed against the wall, and he is clumsy in reaching for a pokeball, not that he's entirely sure he'll make it before the Steelix thrashes him into nothing but a darkened stain on the ground.

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2020 15:33:00 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]

~

Florian chuckles, finding he can relate. "I know what you mean. I have always preferred to learn by doing. I suppose that's why I do field work instead of lab work." He'd suffered through the written requirements of his coursework for as long as he'd needed to earn his qualifications, but he didn't miss it in the least. It was much more fun to go out and film wild Pokemon than to read about the experiences of others.[break][break]

His gaze is curious as he watches Adrian dislodge a chunk of the apparently-light material from the wall. He's leaning forward to get a better look, lips parted with a forming question, when the ground suddenly rumbles beneath their feet.[break][break]

Florian stumbles back and catches himself on the rough rock of the wall, scraping his palms, but he'd gotten off light. His eyes go wide as he watches Adrian slip beneath the massive serpentine body that emerges from the rift in the earth. It's as if his heart has stopped, chest tight and breath stuck, but Adrian's call for help snaps him out of it.
[break][break]
"R-Right!"
[break][break]
Joli is already standing at attention, surprising ferocity in his bright eyes as he awaits command.
[break][break]
"You can breathe fire, now, darling! Go! Skill Swap, first!"
[break][break]
Canines flash with the Sylveon's answering war-cry, an adorable sound made intimidating only by the way he leaps at the Steelix without hesitation or fear. Swapping skills with his target allows the Sylveon to execute his attack with sheer force, the mystical fire bathing the Steelix in a torrent of bright, hot flame. The rumbling behemoth rears back as the attack superheats its metallic form, smashing its tail against a wall in fury and causing the beginnings of a rock slide.
[break][break]
Florian's released his Frosmoth in this time, and Lisette throws up a wide guard to shield Adrian from tumbling rock and debris.
[break][break]
"She'll cover you, run!"[break][break]

At least if he could get out from the corner he'd been effectively backed into before, they'd have a fighting chance.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 2:15:22 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian's momentarily dazed by the ensuing uproar as the pokemon bring to bear varying degrees of their might, Florian's Sylveon scorching the Steelix with an impressive blow, but prompting its tail to thrash in retaliation. He's at risk of being buried by its rock slide when another pokemon protects him with a wide guard. He can hear Florian shouting.

"Right..." His voice is weary, and more of a groaning croak as he stumbles to his feet, trying to drag his way out of this mess. Every time he stretches out an arm to reach for another ledge, he can feel the skin off his back pulling taut, a burning sensation crawling across his skin. He's hurt.

As he reaches the top, Adrian braces himself against the dirt, ignorant to the red streak of road rash running the length of his back. As he tries to catch his breath and regain his bearings, the rest of the camp is beginning to panic, although a few brave men approach. But the Steelix's aggrieved thrashing causes many to lose their balance on the tumultuous earth. His sores deepen. "Argh, that bites..." But first things first: Damage control.

"Give 'em Hell, Reign." Releasing his pokemon in a brilliant burst of energy, Corviknight took to the sky in a storm of lustrous black feathers, circling around as Florian's pokemon contended with the Steelix. Its agility allowed it to circle the area twice before it felt it had properly gauged the lumbering pokemon's speed, and it felt comfortable diving in for an attack, using its head as a battering ram.

Although he couldn't see what was happening, Adrian was convinced it would take more than that to quell the beast's rampage, and so he rummaged through his pokeballs in order to find the one belonging to his Vileplume, Rover, releasing it.

"'Ey, mind patchin' me up?" Rover gave him a worrisome pout before it began spewing from its pores, attempting to soothe Adrian's sores with a bit of aromatherapy and spores bathed in moonlight. Already he felt more himself; well.

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 10:22:08 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]

~

Florian's relief at seeing Adrian crawl out from his pinned position is short-lived: the other man's movements are stiff with injury. Steelix's bulk separates the two men, and Florian's fingers flutter next to his belt in hazy panic. He had to help, somehow, but—[break][break]

—but Adrian's got it covered, his Vileplume doing its best to mend what damage had been done, and the professor lets himself breathe.[break][break]

"No — stay back!" His panicked order is directed at the men who'd thought to approach the chaos, some of whom have lost their footing on the quaking ground. Florian thinks fast: "Lisette, protect them!"[break][break]

The Frosmoth flits about the battlefield with her wide guard, doing her best to shield everyone from the rockfall, but Florian notices the way the shimmering field flickers under strain. She can't maintain it for too long, otherwise it'll fail. They need to take care of the Steelix.[break][break]

Adrian sends out a monstrous bird of steel, and Florian's Sylveon startles before recognizing they're on the same side. The pink-and-white creature lets out another stream of mystical fire, his aim slow and careful so as not to clip the shimmering wings of the metal bird.[break][break]

Frosmoth drops its wide guard under the strain, attempting to make up for it by firing an aurora beam at the rampaging Steelix.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 18:40:04 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian waits long enough for the burning sensation to subside, knowing he is nowhere near in the clear to leave his back turned to the Steelix. As he rises up, he runs a hand over the tattered backside of his beater, tearing the frayed fabric off him now that its been ruined. "Damn, I liked that shirt..."

Rover has begun to stare down the Steelix, watching as the others harry it from all angles, but it isn't enough. "Rover, start taking in the sunlight," he encourages his Vileplume, which begins to gather the sunlight in a cluster of solar power atop its flower. One good hit oughtta do it.

If the fire didn't finish it off first, at any rate. Adrian fixated on the Steelix, then on his Corviknight, Reign, before considering how best to keep it still in the interim. "Reign; Iron Head from above!" They needed to pin it down...

Firstly, to make it an easier target. Secondly, to stop it from leveling the site with its flailing and thrashing, breaking and bashing. Easier said.

Reign soared directly into the sunlight, its silhouette lost in the blinding radiance, while those on the ground continued to draw its gaze...

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 5:54:28 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]

~

Were it not for the gravity of the situation they found themselves in, Florian might've blushed as Adrian did away with the tattered remains of his shirt. As it was, he takes in the not-fully-healed injuries along the other man's back and winces, sympathetic.[break][break]

He recognizes what's happening as the sunlight begins to coalesce atop the Vileplume's flower. A powerful move, but easy to miss a thrashing target. Adrian's got that covered as well, his Corviknight nearly blinding Florian with a flash of light off its shining wings, but the more help, the better, right? Blinking watery eyes, Florian quickly goes over what moves his partners knew.[break][break]

Arceus, he wasn't much of a fighter.[break][break]

"Ah, try to pen it in!" he calls to his Pokemon, conveniently positioned on either side of the massive steel serpent. It snarls and ducks its head as the Corviknight dives at it. "Again, Joli, but aim to the side! Lisette, Aurora Beam!"[break][break]

He's too worried about hitting the Corviknight to chance another direct blast of mystical fire when they're all so bunched up. Instead, the Sylveon bathes the air with his flames, forcing the Steelix to curl in on itself and present a bigger target, lest it find itself scorched by the magical blaze. Lisette mirrors the Sylveon with her aurora beam, frost marking a path along the ground next to the coiled serpent.[break][break]

Florian looks to Rover and Adrian and gives a nod, a silent 'go for it'.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 18:51:51 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Florian seems to have read into his playbook (not that this was a very complex strategy to begin with,) and so together they're able to force the pokemon into a corner, its steely exterior tempering with the flames. When he gets the nod from Florian, he's convinced they're ready.

"Rover, now," he quickly relays to his Vileplume, which levels its head and points the flower at the Steelix like a cannon. The energy ceases its coalescing and begins to rapidly swirl into a sphere, a violent flux that suddenly erupts in a column of light racing directly for the rampaging pokemon. The Solar Beam scores a direct hit...

...but glances off to the side, reflecting off of Steelix's polished surface that has begun to melt and temper with the intense heat. Steelix roars.

It is a tempest of clashing swords, the cornered rat phenomenon causing it to lash out with a berserker's rage, not yet resigned to this fate they have carved out for it. The spires on its sides are as blunted pikes, bludgeoning Corviknight out of the sky and the nearby pokemon that have remained too close. Its cry is like a mountain of steel slowly grating against itself, a dull, deep bass with a dissonance that shakes the very land and disorients the mind. Adrian's vision seems to shake, as if the very air is trembling with power, distorting what he thinks he sees amidst the chaos.

"GRROOOOOOOAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!"

A sound like an explosion, and debris kicking up high into the air as the Steelix's plight takes it back underground. Their fight is far from finished.

Adrian's hands are shaking with anticipation, every bone in his body telling him to fly. This thing is as true to the name of monster as any, and they have made the unfortunate step of earning its ire. His trembling hand withdraws Rover in a brilliant flash even as his steps take him towards Reign, who is currently grounded. The air begins to hum...

"Get off the ground NOW!" Adrian straddles Reign, practically bashing the poor bird in the head, but he's serious; even as the raven stirs, their hairs begin to stand on end as the magnet rise begins to take hold. They begin to take off...

There is a hellish, soul-snaring sound as earth begins to crunch and break beneath their very feet, crumbling down into an empty pit as the Steelix reemerges from its descent. Rows of jagged, magnetic minerals are flung upward with its rising figure as its head smashes through the surface.

Its stone-crushing maw stretches wide, seeking purchase against Reign as they barely begin their ascent, its teeth as sharp and rigid as a stone's edge as it tries to snatch them its its mouth held agape. Adrian can hear the massive iron fangs pinch together with a wrenching sound, and he prays to whatever gods will hear him that it doesn't swallow them up whole... The Fates were kind.

They are able to reach a relatively safe altitude above the Steelix's alleged reach, but Adrian cannot help but wonder where Florian has gone while the Steelix has been running amok. All he can see are the site workers scrambling away as magnetized minerals begin to fly all over.

"FLORIAN?" He can't hear himself over the ringing and humming in his ears...

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
prospects [m/o]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 9:37:12 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]

[break][break]

[break]

~

Florian is sure that they have won. The Steelix rears back, trapped between the focal points of their attacks, and the blinding blast of a solar beam arcs toward the metallic titan... and bounces right off, harmlessly scattering against the cavern wall.[break][break]

Steelix thrashes, and Florian cries out, "Joli!"[break][break]

But he had not realised the danger fast enough. A brutal swipe of its tail lands with a double-edged fury, slamming the Sylveon against the wall. Joli is a sturdy Pokemon and struggles back to his paws, but Florian knows his partner is suffering. White fur is smudged with dust and debris and the Sylveon trembles even as he attempts to build up another blast of his mystical fire.[break][break]

He does not get the chance. Red light swallows him up, and Florian cowers against the wall as the behemoth's snarl shakes the earth.[break][break]

"Get off the ground NOW!"[break][break]

Panic is paralyzing, but more overpowering is the fear of being left on the ground when the titan reemerges. Florian curls his hand around a pokeball and reveals his saving grace in a flash of light: the broad white wings of a Togekiss upon whose back he throws himself, clenching tight and squeezing his eyes shut that he might not have to watch the ground lurch beneath them.[break][break]

"FLY, Juliette!""[break][break]

She does.[break][break]

He hears the creature break the surface, the screams of the miners growing more distant as they rise above the threat with extreme speed, but the professor does not open his eyes until the sound of his name cuts through the chaos.[break][break]

"W-We're here!" he calls back, the wind threatening to steal his words. "Are you all right?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES