The Dragonsong [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Dragonsong [m]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2020 12:56:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec had stayed in Oldale Town, hearing about how Dragon Type Pokemon have been terrorizing the people; eating their crops, as well as a few other things. He had decided to stay and help. With what he knew about Dragon type Pokemon, him leaving would not help in the slightest. It would only endanger people's lives even more if he were to leave. Alec couldn't let this continue though. Not just as a Dragon Tamer, but as someone who would do the right thing. Sure he may be a teenager who still has a lot to learn, but he still could help here with what he knew about Dragon type Pokemon. After all, he did own three of them so far. What had bothered Alec though was that he heard that these dragon's were a little bigger than what they normally would be. There was also the fact that they were attacking people.

Something like that doesn't normally happen unless the Pokemon in question were provoked; especially Dragon Type Pokemon. These particular pokemon were rather territorial creatures. The only way one would provoke a Dragon type Pokemon was two things: One, someone had took something from them, or two they had caused an upraor which provoked them into attacking people and destroying their crops and their homes. Alec wanted to point the blame at the people quite honestly, however he could not simply stand their and judge someone for doing something bad. After all, everyone normally does a few bad things that they have eventually regretted and honestly, Alec was no different. That was why he held back his words while awaiting for his partner to arrive.

Hopefully, my Partner and I can get to the bottom of this mess. As well as end it soon before more people get hurt. Alec had thought.

-Hope this is a good starter for ya and sorry for the wait! -

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
The Dragonsong [m]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 4:57:09 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Arriving in Oldale in a storm of feathers and wind, Adrian dismounts from his Corviknight, eager to set foot on solid ground. There was a veritable fury to the winds, tugging at even the steely, lustrous feathers of his pokemon. Even in a storm he'd never quite felt so battered by the winds.

His turbulent journey conveniently wrapped up, he padded around the town in silence, noting how many houses were boarded up, shuttered and desolate. Where normally one might find a child at play, or the ambiance of folk enjoying the brief respite from winter, he found only emptiness.

The town seemed devoid of life save for another fellow, a trainer he might've recognized, if only by their backpack and the pokeballs strung up at their side. He might've called out to them, but even the notion of raising his voice in the eerie silence brought about an uneasy feeling, so as opposed to that he silently padded over to them. "Hey."

It was hard not to stare long at this new acquaintance, if for no other reason than to take measure of them (though Adrian always had other, baser reasons.) If he was discouraged by what he saw in them, he didn't show it. "Name's Adrian."

He spoke in a hushed tone, flanked by his Corviknight, Reign, as he exchanged pleasantries with his would be accomplice. "Anything happen?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Dragonsong [m]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 7:36:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec was deep in thought, still thinking of what could make the Dragon Pokemon attack these people. When he asked around before, all they said was how they did not know. Alec was suddenly brought back to reality the moment he had heard a guy's voice call out to him. He had a Pokemon at his side that Alec had never seen before. "Oh, hi! I'm Alec - Alec Foster. Nice to meet you!" Alec said having a grin on his face. However his grin had shifted into a more serious face once again when Adrian had asked him if anything happened before he had arrived. "Fortunately, no. It's been a little to quiet actually." Alec admitted.

"There's something about this whole thing that bothers me... I know a lot about Dragon type Pokemon, and well quite frankly, they can be dangerous, but not in this type of way. Dragon Types are Territorial, just like every other Pokemon out in the wild. Probably even more so." Alec said, explaining to Adrian how he felt about it. "What I'm trying to to say is there must be something more going on. I just find it hard to believe that the Dragon Pokemon are attacking the villagers just because they want to."

Alec had known a lot about Dragon Pokemon than any other type out there. He owned three of them so far and they were not only his strongest Pokemon but were his most well-behaved Pokemon as well. Sure, he admitted he wasn't some Dragon Master or anything like that. There were still some he didn't know. However, he knew a lot more than any rookie trainer would. "Do you know anything about Dragon Type Pokemon, Adrian?" Alec had asked him. If he did, then their teamwork in stopping the Dragon Pokemon from harming people would be more well-rounded.

-Should I put down the Mod Req?-

[/quote]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
The Dragonsong [m]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 13:03:31 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"I know enough. You've got the right of it, but the tricky part is figuring out the actual why," he elaborated to them quickly. Adrian knew enough to exploit their weaknesses, to prevent them from capitalizing on their strengths. Behavioral traits and things like migrating patterns; not so much more than you could assume about any pokemon that called the wilds their home.

He cautiously scans the area, still ill at ease. If there had been no signs, why were they all shut away? Perhaps there had been some sort of trend, or they were simply content to hide away and whittle away at their provisions rather than face the dragon wrath. Who could really blame them?

"But if it's a dragon, I'm not sure it matters to us the why, unless we're mad enough to try diplomacy on a raving beast..." Once something was provoked, especially such an instinct driven creature as they were, it was like to form a grudge and bear it against anything with a semblance to its original perpetrator. Even if this dragon was acting in self-preservation... They had a job to do.

Winds from the North began to ravage the treeline, cascading from the wilderness and into the town, its howling the first verse in the dragonsong.

I can remove the last part if you want, but I figured I'd make a segue for the dragon-type spawn. I am not aware of HOW you would like to go about it, if you wanted a more peaceful approach/resolution, so I am MORE THAN WILLING to make edits. DM me over Discord?

P.S. Sorry for the wait, I have no excuse! But I do hope to prioritize this thread and the event I'm in since they're timed to end in February.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
The Dragonsong [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 3:56:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
dracozolt

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male - volt absorb[break]
bolt beak / dragon pulse / dragon tail / ancient power /[break]
stomp / aerial ace

WILL NEGOTIATION WORK WITH SUCH A BEAST? it appears that this creature of thunder is a fan of gunboat diplomacy. the powerful tail muscle is charged with the promise of electrified violence if you don't do something quick. as it enters your view, it clacks its electrified beak with a terrifying clicking noise.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Dragonsong [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 5:09:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec nodded in agreement and had had began to speak once more. "I tried asking about why the Dragon Pokemon were doing this, but ... They were too scared to even talk about it," Alec said to Adrian, wishing he had more information to give him. Alec was about to speak once more however to the North of them, Alec could see a Dragon Pokemon quickly rushing towards them.

It stopped three yards away from them, electricity emitting from its beak-like mouth. "Woooooah! I've never seen this Dragon Pokemon before!" Alec said, now revealing his energetic side. He was amazed by just the sight of the Pokemon. He quickly grabbed Rex's Pokeball, releasing him from it.

This Dragon Pokemon was a beauty in its own right, or at least that was what Alec had thought. "Rex, don't do anything tell I tell you too! Stay on the defensive!" Alec had said to his Shelgon. It gave a pronounced huff to Alec's command. Alec glanced at Adrian and said, "I think we should play this smart. From the looks of it, its also an Electric type." Alec said to Adrian.

It was then that Alec had began to face the wild Dragon Pokemon again, Alec had decided to wait and have Rex use Protect to block the Wild Pokemon's attack and counter it. I know this might sound crazy, but I'm going to wait to strike until it does. The greatest Offense in a battle is an impenetrable defense and a good counter. As soon as it's about to strike, I'll Rex use protect and then counter with a Dragon type move. As soon as my counter hits, I want you to strike with your Pokemon right after with a follow-up attack. Does that sound okay to you?" Alec asked Adrian having a confident look in his eyes with a grin on his face.

-Les do dis! XD-

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
The Dragonsong [m]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 14:41:29 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"If you say so." If it was an Electric-type, then Corviknight would be vulnerable, so he quickly retrieved them and nabbed a different pokeball from his belt. Tossing it out, he unleashed his Tyranitar, which took to the field with an aggressive demeanor. It kicked up a sandstorm that buffeted the dracozolt, keeping it at bay. Now just to—

Adrian had to hold himself back while Alec went on at length, speaking airily about this stratagem. It was all well and good, but they really owed it to the wild pokemon for not murdering them while they were lollygagging. "Uhuh, sure," he breathed.

Waiting made him anxious, which riveted his gut with knots, leaving it in tangles. He trusted in his pokemon, sure, and Alec seemed competent.

But holding back just wasn't his style. Iconoclast braced itself for the battle, though it was perhaps hindered by the environment, and would be required to fight without using earthquake or other devastating moves. Just thinking of the property damage... it was enough to make Adrian shudder.

I don't believe we need to wait on another mod post. They basicalyl just spawn the thing, instead of us deciding, in the event we might want to capture the spawn. I could be wrong though, go ahead and ask if you want to be doubly sure, or want to see if they'll post the spawn's actions a second time over. But we do need to consider it's almost February as well. Sorry for the rambling.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Dragonsong [m]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 18:22:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec had noticed that Adrian had seemed anxious about something. Was it because he was scared of the Dragon Pokemon? Alec didn't know what the reason was, but once the Wild Dragon Pokemon had let out a giant shriek, it charged them, its beak now flowing with electricity, attempting to strike Rex as well as them with it. 

"Rex! Use Protect!" Alec had said quickly and with that, Alec's Shelgon had created a barrier that surrounded them for a moment or two which was enough to deflect the wild Dragon Pokemon's assault. Just as the Barrier had lifted, Alec had gave his Shelgon another command. "Now, counter with Dragon Breath!" Alec said to Rex. The endurance Pokemon had then let out a stream of a purplish wave from its mouth, making contact with the wild Dragon Pokemon.

This was now the opportunity Adrian would take over and immediately counter the wild Dragon as a means to damage it more. Alec really didn't see the need to fight it, however he couldn't risk the Wild Pokemon attacking people. Why else would he be here dealing with this?

-I think we should be fine because Shiv said capping the Pokemon is guaranteed so we should a-okay! ^^ i also took a look at completed new years beast missions and from the looks of it, they didn't have mod posts for em ^^ and also no worries! <3 also for flav our text imma have Rex evolve into Salamence in my next post :3 figured id have a backstory of how he evolved ^^-

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
The Dragonsong [m]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 14:09:34 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Rock Slide." It was all that needed to be said.

While the Dracozolt was momentarily dazed, burning in a haze of dragon fire and smoke of Rex's making, Tyranitar made its move. Pivoting on its foot and digging its tail into the earth, it gouged out from the dirt a barrage of boulders, sending them towards the rampaging Dragon pokemon.

The chunks of shale rock shattered where they struck the dragon in its thick hide, fracturing from the force of the impact but digging into its skin, leaving welts and bruises and even going so far as to draw blood. And yet it remained standing.

Adrian's eyes went wide as the creature began shifting its weight, lumbering for Tyranitar. Damn, that thing's a beast. Raising a hand in a defensive gesture, he gave Iconoclast a more immediate command: "Icon, defend yourself—!"

Icon had managed to shore up its defenses, its Iron Defense causing its exterior to glint with a steely luster just as the Dracozolt crashed into it, its maw humming with an imminent static discharge. And yet it had little to no effect...

Still, it had been a close one. Needless to say the beast still had its second wind, quickly shifting its aggression back to the adjacent pokemon, its pointed Dragon Tail sweeping low towards it...

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Dragonsong [m]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 15:51:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec smirked as he saw Adrian's Tyranitar go to town against the wild Dragon Pokemon. However a small pang from his heart did make him feel for the Dragon Pokemon as some blood had left from it. However, Alec still understood that they had to stop the wild Dragon from harming people. It couldn't continue. However, at the same time Alec still wanted to point the blame at the people for causing it to lash out in such a manner. Alec had a few encounters of people abusing Pokemon whether it was their own, or a wild one. Humans could indeed be cruel for Pokemon, and it made Alec sick to his stomach, knowing that people could act in such a way that had a negative impact on Pokemon.

This was because his training before he had become a trainer had taught him that treating Pokemon with love and trust as well as showing them honesty was crucial if Humans and Pokemon were to coexist. Alec felt that it was unforgivable for any person to harm a Pokemon in Any sort of fashion whether or not they owned them. Alec had quickly snapped out of his thoughts now having Rex attack once more. "Rex! Use Zen Headbutt!" Alec had said. With that, Rex rushed the Dragon Pokemon, having built up kinetic energy that had surrounded his entire body as Rex had built up momentum from its run.

However, as Rex was about to make it, the wild Dragon's tail swung and swatted Rex, sending him flying across the dirt. Rex was indeed injured from the blow. Alec had immediately rushed towards his Pokemon, immediately going his aide, however he had stopped, his face going into a surprised look as Rex had begun to glow. It was clear what was happening. Rex was now finally evolving. It's shell had began to crack and fall apart as the evolution prossess was taking place and then, the flash of light coming from Rex had stopped, revealing a mighty Salamence in the Shelgon's place. It then stood up firmly, looking at his master intently. It walked over to Alec, nuzzling his face, reassuring him that he was alright.

With that Alec gave his now fully evolved Pokemon a grin. "Alright, buddy! Time to show him what you can really do, now! Use Zen headbutt one more time!" Alec said, and with that, Rex in his newly evolved form let out a mighty roar that echoed and had quickly took charge now hovering above the ground slightly with its new red wings. Rex had picked twice as much speed than it had than it originally did when he was a Shelgon. The Kinetic Energy was also more refined, surrounding it's body more quickly than before as well. The wild Dragon Pokemon was not fast enough to counter it had done before, and with a booming crash, Rex collided with the other Dragon; it screeching out in pain from the collision. The wild Pokemon had seemed to try and stand, however its leg was injured from the impact, preventing it from being able to stand. Alec had decided to take this chance and turn it into an opportunity. He pulled out a Poke ball from his bag quickly and had then tossed it at the wild Dragon Pokemon.

-Hope this is okay with ye! ^^ lemme know if I need to make changes <3 -

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
The Dragonsong [m]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 15:09:15 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Tyranitar thumped its tail against the ground as a batter may before they ball is pitched. It was dug in and held itself low, braced for an impact that never came. As the Dracozolt swiped its tail low, it managed to push back the Shelgon, sending it back as it scored a blow. Iconoclast growled.

Yet Dracozolt was a primitive, instinct-driven beast and had eyes only for Shelgon, perhaps because it had proven itself the easier target. But to Adrian's astonishment the battered Shelgon began to shimmer and glow with a brilliance that generally meant one thing: Evolution. It never failed to mesmerize a pokemon trainer, even if they'd seen it before. It was a crowning achievement made all the sweeter for their audience.

Shelgon was now a Salamence, a dauntless beast who held eminence in the sky, peerless in its current match-up. Adrian brought both of his arms up behind his head casually, anticipating a landslide victory. And more or less, it was just that.

Alec lobbed a pokeball at the stunned beast, and in a flash of red Adrian watched with increasing unease. One could never be too sure...

Yet as the pokeball finally settled in place, fidgeting with the contained rage of the Dragon-type, Adrian was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief. The tension rolled out of him with the exasperated breath, before he flashed Alec an approving smirk.

"Good stuff. And congratulations." He'd clap a few times before withdrawing his Tyranitar, and watching as the first few citizens poked their curious noggins out of their front doors to see if the beast, or the fools, had been bested.

Adrian wasn't keen on sticking around to be praised or lauded by the folkish townspeople, and quickly made preparations to leave, unleashing his Corviknight, Reign. "Gotta go, be seein' ya!"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Dragonsong [m]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 15:58:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec smiled at Rex who had rejoined with Alec by his side after aiding in taking down the Wild Dragon Pokemon. "You did an awesome job Buddy! And we got new partner too! Why don't ya get some rest okay? You earned it!" Alec said, Returning Rex to his Poke ball. He then had faced Adrian who had congratulated the young trainer in taking down the wild Dragon as well as capturing it.

Alec grinned happily and said, "Thanks! You and your Tyranitar did an awesome job too!" Alec said, wanting to thank Adrian for his help. Honestly, if it was just Alec by himself, despite having knowledge of Dragon Pokemon, things could have played out a lot rougher than what had actually happened. Rex evolving was just a mere image of sheer dumb luck that had helped them even more.

When Alec heard that Adrian was leaving on his Bird Pokemon, Alec was kind of surprised. "H-hey! Don't you wanna celebrate!? After all just-" However, Adrian had taken off already. Alec sighed, and then said to himself. "Welp ... At least I made a new friend!" Alec had said with a grin just as the townspeople had come rushinng towards him to congratulate the young man for his valiant efforts.

-yaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssss I now have me electric Dragon! :yugis: :pepechu: ^^-

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
The Dragonsong [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2020 4:34:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poké, 5 infamy, 3 lucky letters, dracozolt (alec).
[break]