Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
you swing me right round [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 20:48:57 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar

Many ladies and gents stand around waiting to be called to a table for the first few rounds of speed dating. Adrian, a bit flush and nervous, feels as though he sticks out like a sore thumb. His formal wear is a fancy school uniform he never threw out, and while its trim silhouette fits him sharply, there's a Rustboro Academy nsignia emblazoned on the left breast. Still, it was the best suit he had on hand. At least it made a conversation piece.

He finally sees his name over a table as the crowd begins to file around, and he's quickly pacing towards it, but he feels all rigid. Miser pads up alongside him on best behavior, fixated on the clamor of the crowd and the dazzling scene all around them. Adrian finally sits himself down. His Persian takes up the spot at his side, yawning.

Picking up a card on the table, he sees the other name; Kyle. He swore he knew a Kyle, but was it the same Kyle? Who could say, the world was a big place. And yet at times, it began to feel so... small.

Adrian is promptly joined by the Kyle he's worked with while diving for Luvdisc, the very same who held a decorating event at Slateport Mall some months before. He hadn't realized he was, well..

Swinging for the same team. "Hey, Kyle."

"It's nice to see you in something other than a wet suit for a change," he teases them as they approach. Not that the wet suit wasn't easy on the eyes, but diving was easily one of his phobias.

"Have you been doing well...?" If he didn't stop babbling now and give Kyle a chance to intervene, he might never stop. Adrian grabbed at a glass on the table, taking a drink of the refreshment.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 21:49:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i do look fucking nice in a suit, yeah?"

kyle has been slightly inebriated. it was one of the only things that bring out his more talkative side, and more importantly, get him out there and actually talk with strangers in a room full of people.

"i-i'm sorry for being like this," he apologizes, covering his mouth with his hand as the redness in his expression shows. he realizes how unethical it was to come in tipsy, although he can't say he regrets it. "but yeah, i'm good!"

he reaches for his drink on the table, takes a sip, and then put it back down.

"i've actually been lookin' at the reports after slateport went to shit. i think your name was there. how does it feel to be a recognized hero?"

it was luck that he happened upon it. the only reason his name stood out was because they have worked together before, after all.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 22:32:05 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"You do." Kyle had broad shoulders that helped frame the suit well, and the way it narrowed towards the waist created a pleasant shape. It was fitted to him well enough that Adrian wondered if it had been tailored to him. "Don't worry about it."

He got the impression they might be a little tipsy, but they were handing out champagne. Adrian would soon find himself with the same easy-going, light-headed feeling that broke down any towering inhibitions and allowed people like him to be more open with strangers "That's good, glad to hear."

Kyle was handsome enough to look at, and he allowed himself to stare while they struck up some conversation. He was dragged out of his daydream when he heard mention of his name and the Slateport incident, and some sort of file.

"Wait, are you an actual Ranger, then?" Adrian mostly did volunteering, considering the sheer volume of tasks that needed handled, Hoenn was more than willing to accept outside help when it was supervised by a League official such as a Ranger. That was the extent of his involvement.

"And it's nice, I suppose. I was just trying my damnedest not to die, if I'm being honest."

He stares wistfully at the contents of his glass, but his mind was elsewhere. How easily that could've happened differently. Being more thankful they mitigated the damage might've been enough to earn this alleged heroism after all. Still, criticizing himself came too easy. Heh. Some hero I am.

Noticing the Mightyena at his side, he couldn't help but let the words slip: "Are you obsessed with Poochyena, or...?" He hadn't meant to be blunt. It had just gotten blurted out without thought.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 5:53:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"me? ranger? i mean, i'm qualified, but officially, nah!" his shoulders gave way to a shrug, in case that dismisses any follow up questions. "i just read reports from the league hq when i'm bored if you wanna know why i know these stuff."

he sees his eye linger on him, reddening from embarrassment. he promptly fixes the collar of his suit, and fixes his cuffs, among other fidgeting, as he tries to guess things that might have caught the other's attention.

kyle was about to ask more about his opinion on the endorsement, having felt the same way, when adrian puts his mightyena up for the topic of discussion. he clasps his hands and rests them on the table and readies himself for the talk.

"not just any poochy, but the top percentage poochy." his expression eventually breaks into a smile, chuckling once or twice. "asking me about dogs is the worst thing to do in a speed dating event, you know? i'd just talk until the time limit expires. will probably do that as a last resort in case i don't want to talk with the person i'm matched with."

he leans his arm on the table, where he rests his head.

"well, you know about me. dog trainer, elite four... you know, those boring stuff. my life's pretty bland outside of that, i'm afraid. your turn now. what do you do?"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 6:19:52 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Maybe you could get into breeding then," he says with a laugh, bemused by their enthusiasm for specifically dogs. But he was one to talk, currently running his fingers though Miser's ears, enjoying the velvety texture rubbing between his digits. He'd mentioned being an Elite Four. Wow.

But Kyle had inquired about him now.

"Well, I'm what you'd call an amateur artist, I guess." He was getting more popularity recently. Earlier that month in Rustboro City, the first fan he'd ever met face-to-face stopped him during a morning outing. Even asked him for a picture together. "I write hard rock and electronic music. Mostly I'm a lyricist," he admitted.

Sloshing his drink around, he divulged himself another sip, casually considering any additive information. "I'm trying to collect all eight badges, obviously, being a trainer and all."

Adrian wasn't going to say anything about aiming for champion status however, feeling pressured by their title, but that had always been an ambition of his as well. Even if it was going rather slowly.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 7:25:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"ah, i know a successful artist if you want me to introduce you!" close friends too, on top of that. he wasn't sure if actually has some pull with producers though. "could probably get you connections to the industry or something."

the mention of gym badges gets his attention, eyes lighting up when the conversation swings to his comfort zone.

"how many do you have?" he inquires with an impish smile. "if you're just starting, i suggest go with first. his gym has this system where stronger trainers get more difficult challenges, though that's subject to his own personal perspective."

then again, that's just his own personal preference. he stares back at him with a challenging stare and a teasing smirk.

"or do the opposite, if you're that kind of person. are you the type of person who likes the challenge?"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 7:40:41 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Mmm... maybe." Adrian isn't one to ask for outside help lightly, and the idol industry can be cutthroat. Owing his success to someone else, or a company... the idea doesn't sit well with him. He's able to smile, impressions of dimples forming at the corners of his mouth as he appreciates Kyle's forthright assistance. "I'm doing alright for now, though. I live comfortably enough."

Reluctantly he admits the badges he's earned.

"...(N)One." Now he wears a frown, losing face in front of Kyle. It's not that he's a rubbish trainer, he just... has other priorities. He seeks comforts and pleasure above all else, which means much of his time is spent making ends meet. Making money.

Kyle's not one to condemn him for it however, and offers some useful advice for someone fresh in their Gym League Challenge like himself. Adrian has met Fernando on a number of occasions, and his impression of him is that's he's rather guarded.

Maybe it would be best to challenge him sooner, rather than later. But imagining beating him at his strongest... that made the dream all the sweeter, and worth dreaming. "I'll consider it. Thanks."

Cupping his cheek in the palm of his hand, he lets the silence overtake him for a moment when he notices a few people getting up from their tables. It's about that time, I suppose. He's not sure whether the next round will be as pleasant as the last, but he holds out hope. "Looks like they're moving onto the next round of pairings..."

The frown fades as he flashes a smile to Kyle. "'Til we meet again," he says in parting, rising from his seat and preparing to find his next assigned partner. Miser rumbles with a purr, following suit

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 7:57:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
despite his answer, kyle can recognize the drive to aim for the top. he lacks it, and for that reason, he wishes him the luck to get through the gym challenge.

"i-i'll be waiting for you when you challenge the e4 then!" he calls sheepishly, watching adrian stand up for his next partner as his hands wave weakly in the air.

he takes a deep breath and exhales, trying to recover from social interaction.

"now then."

he takes his leave afterwards, looking for the next person he mingles with. he's not excited about interacting with people, but if they're someone who's as attentive as his last partner, he supposed it wouldn't be half as bad.