part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
dance like it's the last night of your life [BINGO]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 19:20:14 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","maverick"]
dance the night away for
Despite being a pokemon trainer for many years now, double battles was something the man struggled with. Yes, he has done them before. But even to this day, he found it hard for him to think of how to not focus on one and have them work as a team. And triple battles, those are even worse. Being a lone wolf for most of his life, Maverick has always struggled with the team aspect. He found it hard to work with someone and it reflected on his pokemon as well. But with some gyms requiring challengers to fight in double battles instead of singles, this meant he needed to find a pair that would work well together.

Traveling from one side of hoenn to the other, Maverick moved to the outskirts of oldale town where he was to meant up with a stranger to try his hand at double battling once again. In a way, double battling was a dance between the two creatures and he hoped his creatures could handle it. Warm gaze flickered about, landing on a familiar face. A part of him glad to see Selena but the other part, knew he was about to embarrass himself in front a the gym leader once again.

Sucking up his pride, the scarred trainer approached the woman with a half smile and hand waved friendly in a hello. “Oh hey Selena. How are you?” he greeted as he strolled right up to her, offering a hand shake, “What are you doing here?” Play it cool Maverick, play it cool. “Don’t tell me you are my opponent today.” Why must all the people on Hoenn to battle against was the woman he was starting to have feelings for. What it destiny telling him they belong together?
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".maverick"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".maverick b"]font-weight:bold;color:#C51A1A; [/newclass]
[newclass=".maverick i"]font-style:italic;color:#C51A1A; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;text-align:center;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 20:05:14 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
trees[break]dancing

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

selena knows how to make an entrance.[break][break]

the sight of maverick does not excite her, but it is something she is glad to have every once in a while. more than excitement, it is the feeling of security and comfort that puts her at ease whenever around him. even when they are mostly together at impossible situations. “you act as if you’re surprised,” she teases as she clumps her hair to form a bun, rolling and rolling, forming a carnation crown. why they meet again is something surely only fate can tell. “i mean, a battle is fun when it’s not work. think of it as a practice when you challenge my gym.”[break][break]

circe stays quiet behind her, the man is still a stranger to the delphox’s eyes. “by the way, this is my partner, circe. she’ll help me today.”[break][break]

ooc: dance the night away thread

[attr="class","runruntag"]#

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#f85888;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#f85888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#f85888!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]SEHOw4G7
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 20:31:14 GMT
will make it fancy later |
Surprised wasn’t even the word Maverick was feeling at the moment. He didn’t know a word that would probably describe the feeling he was having right now. The man sighed to himself, feeling as though he was about to get his ass kicked by a gym leader once again. “Yeah…” he mumbled to himself, “Right… Practice.” If anything, this was going to further prove that he and his team were just not ready to challenge a gym yet. Just like Stormy and Kyle, kicking his ass without a problem. And really, he hasn’t even thought about what pokemon to use for her battle.

As she readied herself and introduced her pokemon, Maverick and Azula moved to his side of the make shift battlefield outside of the town. Being sure there was plenty of room and no destruction should come from them battling, Maverick faced her with a friendly half grin. Reaching into his pocket, the man summoned two creature’s he hoped to do some practicing today. The balls burst open to revealed two creatures. One was a creature she probably recognized from their mission together. The dragon pokemon only sat before her, eyes cold as ice. The other was a greninja who took on the famous ninja stance the species always took.

“You remember Tharsirion,” the man introduced the Dragonair before motioning to the new creature, “And that is Cragen. We go far back but we just recently found each other again. Want to see what he has either forgotten or learned.” The water and dark type remained still, eyes narrowed at the fire fox. “I hope you don’t mind a double battle. I’m a little rusty and these two never practiced together. I want to see if they would make a great pair for a battle.” Already tasting defeat and another nick in his pride, the man nodded to her. “We are ready when you are.”

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;text-align:center;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 4:27:59 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

trees[break]dancing

“double battle sounds like fun.” selena reaches for another capsule behind her. she hurls the ball into the battlefield where her shiny altaria, venus, leaps to the sky, glaring at the dragonair and greninja on the other side of the field. “i am ready.”[break][break]

circe steps forward into the platform, just beneath venus. she bows before tharsirion and cragon, recognizing both of them. selena smiles and bows down as well, mimicking her delphox’s action. “after you.”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#f85888;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#f85888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 18:18:27 GMT
quick reply |
In all reality, Maverick should be taking notes while battling her. Not much is known about her gym and her creatures that she tens to use. While most gyms have a certain type or types they focused around, Selena’s is known to be a mystery gym. The trainer has seen a few pokemon of herself and now, is meeting more. If he remembered correctly, she had a blaziken, boltard, espeon, umbreon, and blastoise. And now, a delpox and altaria to add to the collection. What was her overall theme to her pokemon?

“Alright,” the man sighed, motioning for his creature to get ready, “we will start.” And with that, the battle began. “Thar use Twister. Cragen, use Hydro Pump.” The long serpent dragon began to twirl his long tail behind him. And quickly, a wind twister was formed and torn their opponents way. Meanwhile, Cragen took in a deep breath and let loose a cannon of water towards their opponents.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 19:55:08 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

trees[break]dancing

“circe, trip him over. venus, guard up!” selena commands the ground. the delphox reaches for her wand to cast grass knots against the greninja, her furry body receiving much of the hydro pump from the water-type. the altaria, on the other hand, braces the dratini’s twister as she boosts defense with cotton guard.[break][break]

the gym leader smirks at her opponent, type-advantages surely fare well for him. not unless her mons find a way to turn the tables against their opponents. “you have to try a little harder than that.”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 22:07:58 GMT
quick reply |
A pokemon double battle is a well coordinated dance between two pokemon. And when executed probably, should be effortless from both trainers and pokemon team. However, Maverick wasn’t so lucky. Cragen sends a hydro pump in the fire types direction and it hits but at the cost of defense. The grass knot tangled his feet, holding the ninja pokemon still. Cragen panicked, trying to untangle his feet. But he was unsuccessful, falling over when he tried to move away from the vines. And as soon as he falls, pain rippled through his body until the vines let him go. Meanwhile, the draognair sent a twister towards the dragon type but it does little damage as it toughs out the attack.

Maverick sighed, seeing as though this was a lost already. “Use smokescreen,” the man called out, “Shadow Sneak and Slam.” The grenija got to his feet and took in a deep breath, the toxic gas filled his cheeks before letting it cover the battlefield turning visibility into close to nothing. And with visibility low, the water and dark type moved through the shadows in hopes to sneak attack one of his opponents from behind. The Dragonair, however, slithered low to the ground in hopes to see better. And when he thought he had an opponent, she would slam her tail into anything he could.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 1:40:07 GMT
shiv said i should double post and edit later sense we are in different time zones. thank you! ill edit when you reply to fit! |
At this point, it didn’t matter anymore. Selena was just more experienced along with her pokemon. Cragen moved through the smokescreen in search for his opponent. And the first shadow he came across, he attack with nightshade. However, it wasn’t either of his opponents. It was his own partner in battle, Dragonair. The Dragonair hollered in pain as he whipped his tail about to slam whatever hit him. The slam sent the pokemon through the air, landing hard behind Maverick. “What?” The man whispered, warm digits flickered to see what did it but the smoke was still too thick. “Thar,” the man questioned as he slithered towards the sound of his voice, “what happened?” The Dragonair hung his head.

With this water and dark type out, his sighed as the smoke screen lifted. “Well… I guess we are done for today.” The man reached into his pocket and pulled out their poke balls, recalling each pokemon. “Looks like I’m out today,” the man told her, feeling embarrassed, “You win.” Once both of his pokemon were safely in their balls, he raised his hands in the air to surrender. “We have a long way to go before we can challenge any gym I guess.” Another sigh escaped him, turning away from her gaze. “I guess I’ll see you around Selena,” he mumbled giving her a polite friendly smile and wave, “thanks again. If you ever need a partner for another mission, let me know.”

With that, the man turned and left. It was clear he was going to lose at some point. His pokemon just didn’t dance like her pokemon. They were just not ready. How upsetting…

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 4:24:38 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

trees[break]dancing

greninja struggles with he knot, prompting maverick to engulf the arena with smokescreen for extra layer of defense.[break][break]

“eyes sharp, circe! you too, venus.” the altaria, despite low visibility, sees the dragonair beneath the veil of smoke. as she prepares dragon energy to cast draco meteors, something interesting happens.

cragen moves with stealth and composure, little does he know that he is already being controlled by the delphox. circe channels her psychic energy and controlls the water-type’s direction, bumping into the dragonair with his shadow sneak.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 6:10:01 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

trees[break]dancing

“hey, no. wait.” maverick’s composure turns sour at the unexpected outcome. he begins retrieving his pokémons and starts getting away. although selena is glad to win, she is sad at the man’s reaction. “that’s it? you’re leaving.” she calls as circe and venus go behind her. they are looking at maverick turn and go away.

the kalosian lets out a sigh. part of her questions if she will be seeing him again. she hopes so. “i guess we just have to train alone, then.”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 9:53:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: