Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
always look ahead, but never forget what you left behind.
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
shall we dance? [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 19:39:53 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

Now that the kids were tired after all that swimming and eating…

It was time for them to have a little fun, of course. Keeping it real and wholesome.

Rummaging through the things that she’d brought along, she found what she was looking for—a portable radio which she’d turned on and cranked through the settings, looking for that one channel she’d found some time ago that had nothing but cheesy music they could dance to.

Of course, this was assuming he was willing to let loose for a little while, as the kids were most likely tired and full and were now napping not too far away. Her Gardevoir was there, keeping watch—so was her Umbreon, just to be on the safe side.

“So I figured… you want to dance a little?” she asked him, a cheesy grin on her face. She knew she was just going to flap her arms around like a Wingull would do, but there you go.

Izumi, for lack of a better word, only knew how to move in place without looking to stupid. Whoops.

to keep this simple: this happens after they go out for a swim and have a picnic with the kids! prompt for dancing the night away.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
shall we dance? [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 15:47:19 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

After being sent flying like a goddamn Wingull, and being drenched to all hell, Josh could use a bit of a warm-me-up really. Izumi had decided that perhaps they should try dancing. Dancing? Was this mockery? Probably. Maybe not, but he wasn't going to say no to a little intimacy time with the "Paranoid Wife", as she'd earned the moniker of long before they had even actually gotten married. The kids were tuckered out and would probably want to sleep for a little while, so this was a good time. Izumi had Pokemon watching them, as did Josh, who had assigned Lightning and his soon-to-be-named Meowstic to their further protection.

When Izumi brought out the mini boombox though, he couldn't help but laugh.

"Of course. What did you have in mind?"
he teased with a cheeky smile.

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
shall we dance? [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 18:29:36 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“Why you dissin’ the mini boombox?” Izumi sassed him, sticking out her tongue his way.

“Is it because you’re not so used to having everything literally at your fingertips is why you’re sassin’ the boombox?” she added a few moments later as she continued to crank it up.

“Besides, having a crankable radio like this is loads easier to carry around. Just gimme a bit, she went on as she continued to crank the radio in her hands several more times, and continued on winding it just a few more extra times for good measure just in case the danged thing cut out on them mid-dance.

“Oh, right,” she smirked a few moments later as she looked up.

“Don’t tell me you don’t know how to dance?” she teased.

to keep this simple: this happens after they go out for a swim and have a picnic with the kids! prompt for dancing the night away.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
shall we dance? [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 21:35:24 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

The box? He blinked a few times as she started yammering about how he had dissed the boombox or something like that. Apparently after seven ish years, moving between three different regions together, three different houses they’d lived in together and two children, the wife had finally gone mad and all he could do was stare and wonder if his wife was finally losing it.

He smirked though when she asked if he knew how to dance. “Honey, of course I do. I learned combat, and dancing’s just like combat” he joked as he held out a hand to her. The combat thing was a joke. Yes, he knew how to dance.

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
shall we dance? [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 0:10:14 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“Okay then, Mister ‘I know kung-fu’, show me your best moves, then,” she teased back, this mischievous twinkle in her eyes. She was looking for that one radio station that played nothing but dance music the entire time it was on-air, and happened to pass by a few sports-related channels while she was at it.

Sports? Wasn’t dancing also considered to be a… ‘sport’, in some circles? Either way, she knew that there was such a thing called ‘competitive dancing’, but hell if Izumi could cut a rug across a ball room floor.

The only kinds of dance she knew were the ones that her mother had grown up with back in Ecruteak, so…

Well, then.

“Or do I have to look for that one song from that… that one musical and make a fool of myself dancing to ‘Shall we Dance’ around here and hope the kids don’t wake up?” she posed a few moments later.

If you didn’t know—that last one was a reference to the King and I.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
shall we dance? [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 1:55:59 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"I don't know that one" he admitted with a casual shrug as he stretched out his joints and cracked his neck. It was good to get limbered up before physical activity and all of that. But he shrugged his shoulders as he came up from behind her and wrapped his arms around her, leaning over to place a gentle peck on her cheek. "But I don't mind whatever you wanna do. Take your pick, my dear."

He smiled gingerly. He didn't know where he was or what they were doing if he was with her.

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
shall we dance? [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 7:13:23 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

Oh, Arceus.

How could Josh not know ‘The King and I’?! This was… outrageous!

To be fair it was about the only musical she could stand watching, if but for the cheesy song numbers that were interspersed between acts. Who knew that the story was kind of (sort of?) based on an actual story that took place in a faraway nation—only everyone had their own tropical Pokémon and it was utter bedlam.

She then chuckled at his attempt at romance, cheesy yet subdued.

“Hey, the kids might catch you,” she teased back as she leaned into his touch before finally finding the radio station she was looking for and setting it down not too far from where they stood.

“Alright, lead the way.”

Shall we dance?

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
shall we dance? [c]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2020 1:09:30 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Outrageous? No, this was Hoenn. "Oh please, the kids, catch me? Honey, over the years I have become... A master of stealth" he teased, keeping the kids in the corner of his eye as he playfully grazed his lips along hers. "When it comes to children, anyway. But I digress, they have not seen me just yet. So I'm going to take that as a win."

The blonde smiled than as he wrapped his arms tight around her and took the lead on their dance. He was a little clumsy in this considering his size, but he was trying. And he didn't manage to knock them over, so that was a thing.

"Hard to believe how long it's been since we got married. Remember the proposal?"

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
shall we dance? [c]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 16:44:15 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“I pray they never see you dancing,” Izumi teased, sticking out her tongue his way before getting caught off-guard with that peck on the lips. This, of course, caused her to blush like an idiot.

“You know if they see you, they’re going to start copying whatever the shirt you’re doing. They’re like sponges at this point,” she added a few moments later as she let him take the lead.

Of course, their height difference was all the more pronounced the longer they went around the area. Hoping that they didn’t wake the clearly-snoring kids up with their ‘noise’ (if she could call it that) she chuckled a bit.

“Of course. How the hell am I going to forget something like that?” she remarked. “Four years ago. How can I ever forget that you went all-out and decided to propose right in front of everyone without warning? You caught me by surprise, there.

And what a nice surprise it was.

Shall we dance?

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
shall we dance? [c]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 14:55:09 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"Puz-leze. I'm a great dancer" the blonde used Counter in turn as he stuck his tongue right back at his wife. He laughed when she indicated the kids would learn from what they did if they were caught. "I said I'm great at stealth, didn't I? Always keep at least one eye on your targets. Or a Meowstic who can keep them occupied. That works too" came the jokes. Oh, the sass. Always with the sass, this one.

He cackled slightly when she brought up the very public proposal, what felt like decades ago at this point. "Feels like a lifetime's passed since. But I remember it well. It sounded like the type of proposal you would have wanted, so... Couldn't resist taking the opportunity when it came" he teased once more.

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
shall we dance? [c]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 15:22:38 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“H—hey!” she replied, swatting at him with her free hand as she felt her face burn up out of sheer embarrassment. “You always have a flair for the dramatic, mind.”

Had it always been in his blood to be so dramatic when it came to setting up elaborate things like that? Izumi wondered at that, marveling at the charisma her husband had. Still has, oozing it all out.

“Now that we’ve settled down, though, how are you liking it? Any different from always being on the go?”

She knew that more than anything, Josh always, always had the itch to travel. It clearly showed.

Shall we dance?

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
shall we dance? [c]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 15:29:24 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Josh was typically a quiet man. And had only grown quieter with years as a father, but there was an inner performer there that came out sometimes. Sometimes during movie roles, sometimes during contests as they would soon find out... But always when he was trying to make his loving wife laugh or smile. That was just one of those times and he would do it again in a heartbeat to see her smile and laugh again.

He kept his cool as they danced though, and he leaned his head against hers. She asked how he was taking settling down, and he bumped his shoulders a bit in a shrug. "It's an adjustment, but it feels right" he admitted. "Taking our time in exploring a region could get boring eventually, but for now, I'm enjoying it. There's something surreal about seeing the same sights time and time again. There's a homey feel to it that I haven't felt in a long time. And yourself?"

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
shall we dance? [c]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 16:15:36 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“You know it’s the opposite for me, I grew up here and only started exploring at a later time,” she remarked as she felt him bump his shoulder against her in a shrugging motion.

“You’ve always had that wanderlust. It’s something I’ve noticed ever since we first met. I was the homebody, haha,” Izumi chuckled.

“As for me? You know I’m more of a homebody. Why do you think I was so happy when you told me we were finally settling down? It would basically help with me trying to tell you to ‘take a break’ all the time because you keep throwing yourself into your work. Work, work, work, work—do you not know how to take a break, she teased.

Shall we dance?

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
shall we dance? [c]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 16:21:07 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"I know I've been wanderlusty, and maybe it's my fault we've traveled so much" he admitted softly. "It's hard not to be, you know? I spent my whole life growing up just wanting to get out there. With promises that if I worked hard, if I studied hard, my folks would let me be a Trainer. They kept putting it off and the more they did, the more I wanted it. So when I got it, I couldn't help but want to see it to the fullest, you know? See all I could get to see."

He smirked when she reminded him he didn't know how to take a break. "I buried myself in my work because I loved it. It's what I'd worked so hard to get to, and I wanted to experience it all. But after enough years, I think I'm finally ready to settle down and see what else life has to offer. Sorry it took me so long."

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
shall we dance? [c]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 18:21:31 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

“See, even life is telling you to slow the hell down and calm it,” Izumi chuckled again.

“You just wanted to be a busybody and stick your hand in so many pies at once have you even stopped to take a moment to smell the figurative roses and kick your feet up, so to speak?”

Now that Josh was ‘all traveled out’ so to speak, life was literally screaming at him to ‘slow the hell down’ and ‘calm his (figurative) tits’ and take a well-deserved time out! The kids were proof of that.

Shall we dance?