thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
secrets [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 21:59:08 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-gv]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

It's a morning of mixed feelings. To Rocket, the newest grunt aboard the submarine was just that — a grunt, someone to be ignored or else pushed around and used to do their dirty work. To Gavin, she's family. He'd told about his sister, and he'd informed because his close friend was going to be her new boss, but the rest of Rocket were to be kept in the dark.[break][break]

Family was a weakness; as the Quinn family motto stressed, weakness gets you killed.

New recruit to see you, sir.

Gavin looks up from where he's scrolling through his phone, having just received a message from his assistant. The soundproof metal door serves as an ominous portal to the office of the underboss.

Send them in.

The meeting wouldn't seem strange. As one of Rockets underbosses, Gavin had a hand in the recruitment process. He'd always taken a particular shine to intel, both through his own preference in keeping Rocket underground and due to his connection to Marcel. It wasn't the first time a fresh recruit had been summoned to Gavin's office, and it wouldn't be the last.[break][break]

"Sit," he instructs, with an air of indifference. His gaze is back on his phone. It's not until the door closes and they are shrouded in silence and privacy that he sets the device on his desk and smirks. "Saoirse. How was your trip?"[break][break]

Through his Rocket connections and some back home in Galar, he'd helped arrange her discreet passage to Hoenn.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-gvcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .accentbg"]background: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .accentborder"]border-color: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a, .punkianger-gv .bulk b, .punkianger-gv .bulk i, .punkianger-gvcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/Cr9yhqZ.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,361 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
secrets [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 22:21:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

there’s a whiplash sort of effect that you feel, when you’re put in a cell for the first time. your body stills, but your mind keeps going for a minute, not knowing how to suddenly just stop. it still knows the smell of flowers, and the taste of good bread. it takes these things for granted. it knows the satisfaction of a cigarette after a long day. it is still under the impression that you like to be touched. this whiplash effect goes away the first time you get hit in the nose, and the mind is suddenly back where it’s supposed to be: nestled in the nook of broken facial bones, in the body in cell block number nineteen.

it’d been a week that she’d been out. she had grown accustomed to slow days and slower nights, and the quickness with which she had left galar had been dizzying. she was maintaining on the outside; she was good at that. still, there was nothing she could do to hide the sleeplessness in her eyes. now that she was on the submarine, she could, at least, finally rest easy.

she’d seen her brother roughly a month prior. he’d visited her in prison. she recalled feelings of shame for having been caught and caged, but she had refused to show it at the time. she would continue to refuse to show it.

the drop of her boots echoed on the floor. steps seemed to take forever, but eventually she had reached his office. she hesitated a moment, took a breath, and walked in. the eyes that met her were cold and dispassionate. she raised a brow, entering and sitting as instructed. who did he think he was, now? as the door closed, however, his face broke into an expression she recognized, one that her face then took on in a kind of precise mimicry that gave away their relation, their blood.

“asshole.” it was the first word she’d spoken to him in a month. she sighed, leaning in and grabbing a pen off his desk to fiddle with it. “fine, i guess. i’m a bit jet-lagged and hungry, but i’m here.” another moment, then she looked him in the eyes again. in her face, if only briefly, was love and gratitude. “thanks.” that was all.

“how’s being an authority figure?” her smirk returned, and she replaced the pen, leaning back in her seat with arms folded. her shoulders bulged a little, showing the strength she’d gained during her time put away.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
secrets [c]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 8:35:47 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

His laugh is sharp as a bark, canines flashing as he grins. Amber eyes track the movements of her fingers as she fiddles with the stolen pen, then flick upward to meet hers. He can see their mother in those eyes, in the shape of her nose. It's attitude that sets them apart.[break][break]

"Glad to see you haven't lost your charm."[break][break]

Theirs was not a family to show concern, but Gavin had been beside himself upon finding out his little sister was in the clink. Eight years her senior and he'd never seen the inside of a prison but to break someone out of it. That she'd endured her sentence without the support of the family was expected — he has no doubt their mum and dad had shut her out the moment the verdict came back guilty — but that Gavin hadn't been there for her was a weight on his mind.[break][break]

Her thanks is brief, and he accepts it with a nod.[break][break]

There's a distinct pause after her question that she'd certainly recognize as her brother weighing his answer. It's belied subtly by the pull of his lips and the way his idle movements still. In the background, an analog clock counts the seconds.[break][break]

"I think it suits me," he crows. "Things have been going well."[break][break]

He's had practice in the art of lying: to his sister, to their parents, to himself. It blends easily with a hint of truth.[break][break]

Gavin makes no attempt to hide the way he scrutinizes the changes in his little sister since the last time he'd seen her outside of a prison uniform. She'd tracked him down, screamed at him, hit him — but he'd been hard, then, where she was still soft. He thinks if she were to punch him now, she'd break his nose. He's proud, but saddened by the way the world has warped them both.[break][break]

"I know I've already told you this, but I'm going to repeat it as many times as I have to: be careful here. You get yourself into trouble with anyone but and I can't help you. We've never met outside this room." He's given her all the details of his Rocket alias, Gavin Merlino, and he's received her details in kind. Lulu. It's strange, and he's not sure if he likes it, but he'll adapt. "One of our Beasts knows, too. . That's it."[break][break]

She'll hate the lecture, he knows, but he's relentless.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a, .punkianger-gv .bulk b, .punkianger-gv .bulk i, .punkianger-gvcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/Cr9yhqZ.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,361 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
secrets [c]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 9:30:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

she beamed back at him toothily. lose her charm? “never.” charm was something she’d arguably lacked her whole life. a bit of an aloof nerd as a teen, albeit a shitty one outside of her passion for hacking, her social skills had only ‘blossomed’ when she’d been initiated into a life of crime.

she watched him considering his words, arms still crossed, her grin having dimmed to a smirk. his arrogance stepped in. “you love it.” she teased, shaking her head.

he soon descended on her in full protective brother force. stressed by his coddling, she shifted and broke eye contact, and momentarily veered off subject. “can i smoke in here? where do you even smoke in a submarine?”

he’d told her about . that was her boss. but there was another name that wasn’t familiar: . amber eyes looked back at her brother’s suspiciously, with a hint of ‘wtf’. “who’s that, ’gavin’? why does she know?” it was a weird feeling. no one had known who she was for so long, save for in a cell. knowing any free person, especially more than one, was aware of her true identity made her feel vulnerable and exposed.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
secrets [c]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 10:12:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

"Of course I do."[break][break]

His entire life has been spent in the pursuit of power and control. Unlike his sister, he'd excelled in school. Excellent grades, extracurricular activities, scholarships, accolades — none of it had mattered, in the end, when his family turned their backs. It was only their image that mattered, and he'd tarnished it. Cut off from their home, their wealth, their connections, his own drive and ambition had been the only thing pushing him forward. Survive, no matter the costs.[break][break]

He and Saoirse, they're alike in that way.
[break][break]
"I smoke wherever the fuck I want." He's supposed to have quit. Shame at having failed keeps him from mentioning it, instead producing a pack of cigarettes from a drawer. He lights one and takes a long drag, tilting his head back as he exhales. Relief. "You got your own?"[break][break]

She isn't graced with an answer to her question right away. Her attitude is sour, defensive, and so he lets her ruminate on her stress for a long minute as he continues to smoke. The clock ticks. His phone lights up with a call and he waves his hand in a cue for his Rotom to dismiss it.
[break][break]
"She's my girlfriend. We live together."[break][break]

He's never been in a relationship before; a fact that his sister is well aware of. His dry, often deadpan humour lends to the idea that it might be a joke, but he offers no punchline.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,361 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
secrets [c]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 19:22:03 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

despite a mocking smirk, she was proud of her brother. he’d become powerful — she could almost feel it off him, especially when she’d first entered the room. if only their parents could see them now.

she reached into her pocket. “yeah,” she retrieved the pack and a box of matches, scraping one across the phosphorus, letting the flame breathe a moment before lighting the end of her smoke. she shook out the match, filling the room with the smell of sulfur dioxide. she’d missed cigarettes.

he left a long moment between her question and his answer just to fuck with her it seemed. her stare met his equally, unwavering. she took another drag as he did, waiting. at his answer though, she choked a little. “wait, what?”

they’d been kept busy as kids, and neither had ever had much time for romance growing up, if they’d ever even had the desire or energy for it amidst the things their parents put them through. still, she’d always pestered him about it as a younger girl. he had been her older brother, and her only love for so long. in those days, it had been difficult for her to imagine why he was constantly single.

now that they were grown, she felt she understood to some degree. their upbringing had instilled a certain coldness in both of them. true connections were difficult to achieve. she’d had one once, a couple of years ago, but the man had been imprisoned and she’d had to cut ties with him. it had been, perhaps, too easy for her. since then there’d been nothing. honestly, it was a lonely life.

regardless of any understanding, she’d tease him relentlessly.

wow cil,” she laughed, “you guys bake cookies and shit?” a pause for consideration. ”i didn’t think you had a domestic bone in your body.” really, she should have looked closer. they were both dogs, it seemed, and always had been. existing, waiting for the next command.

“when do i get to meet her?” there would be an introduction. then, good-natured sarcasm. ”must be pretty cool if she’s with you.” her lips pressed together in a smile that attempted to pick at him as any sibling would.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
secrets [c]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 8:12:45 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

In the windowless office, smoke is quick to form an oppressive haze. Its scent mingles with the more pleasing aroma of sulfur from Saoirse's match, invading Gavin's nostrils each time he draws breath.[break][break]

Her shock pleases him, evident in the way a serpentine smirk adorns his lips.[break][break]

"Sometimes," he drawls, reveling in it as he expels smoke toward the ceiling like dragon's breath. "Sometimes we go for long walks at night, or cuddle while we're watching TV." It's hard to tell if he's kidding or not. "I've got over two hundred bones, bound to have a couple that're defective."[break][break]

He's not surprised when she asks for an introduction.[break][break]

"Oh, she's one of our best." Saoirse will see things in Gavin — no, Cillian — that no others could. There's a fondness in the way he speaks of . His smile is a gleam of sharp teeth, predatory and proud. "You'll love her. You could come visit in Fallarbor, or..." Gavin taps his cigarette against the ashtray, scattering embers. He leans back in his chair. "Or I could pair you up for a mission. Your choice."

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,361 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
secrets [c]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 9:22:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
she beamed at him, on the verge of short-circuiting. there were certainly emotions in her that might have warranted jumping up and giving him a big hug, but she didn’t know what to do with them. she didn’t have that in her mental toolkit. she had lost that one.

there was a warmth that welled in her, somewhere, in some cob-webbed corner of her mind that didn’t normally fire. an amount, even unclear to her, of the joy she showed was feigned, but, not unlike her brother, she was good at faking it.

”that sounds nice. i’m really happy for you, cil. you deserve it.” she nodded, her cheeks feeling a bit strained from holding a smile as she rolled the ashes off her cigarette. he did deserve it. theirs was a special kind of loneliness they’d shared in childhood. if anyone understood what a big deal it was for him to have found that connection with someone, it was her.

at the mention of fallarbor, she shook her head, pressing her lips together with her teeth. she’d just gotten there. she was not about to leave on some backroads journey to go investigate his love nest. when he presented the other option, she perked up a bit. ”my kind of first date. put me to work, we can all be cute later.” she drew the last hit of her cigarette and stamped it out, looking up at him, her eyes looking older than he knew for a moment. deader. ”i’ve been so stir-crazy, you have no idea.” it was true, that this sort of work had an addictive effect. it felt all-consuming, sometimes.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
secrets [c]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 9:49:32 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

That she's happy for him at all is enough for Gavin, a warmth kindling deep in the pit of his stomach that he's grown more accustomed to in spending time with Emma. She's melted some of the ice that had doused the blazing fire of his youth, kindled the embers into something of affection and love.[break][break]

"Thanks," is all he says. For a moment, the smile is genuine.[break][break]

As their talk shifts to work, however, Gavin's stoicism returns. His cigarette burns down to the filter and he flicks the butt into the ashtray, halfway to retrieving another before deciding better of it. He'd fallen off the wagon, but he didn't need to break the thing apart. The carton is tucked back into its drawer alongside his lighter.[break][break]

From another drawer, this one needing to be unlocked before it was opened, Gavin retrieves a number of documents. Were Saoirse to lean forward in an attempt to discern the purpose of such papers, she'd find them to be written in some sort of code. A snap of his fingers wakes his Rotom, Gavin's phone lighting up on the desk. It scans certain strings of the messages and processes the data, assembling it into something legible. After a quick glance over the files to ensure there was nothing strictly confidential, he slides his phone across the desk.[break][break]

"Take a look at these, see if any of 'em interest you." He massages the bridge of his nose. "Oh, and don't worry; it'll delete all the info after you're done. I remember what you showed me."

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,361 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
secrets [c]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 1:12:28 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

lulu tried to keep cool when he mentioned remembering the tricks she’d shared. the pride of a younger sister exposed itself despite her efforts, in an awkward smile that bared perhaps the most warmth and honesty either of them had shown each other thus far. ”good.” was all she said as she sniffed and looked up at the ceiling, placing another cigarette in her mouth to hide the dumb look on her face. then, back to business.

she needed to give him the impression she wasn’t going to walk out of his office and start swinging her chrome dick around. it would happen, naturally, sooner than later. lulu was skilled, but she was young, and subtlety was not yet a strongpoint. but she was still smart. she knew cillian didn’t want that. she wouldn’t tip him off to how exciting robbing a jewelry store sounded after being good for so long.

she slid the phone back to cillian. ”the castform mission.” she smirked across the table at him, pleased with herself and her show of restraint. ”seems like it’d give me plenty of time to fill her in on some things.” things being embarrassing childhood stories.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
secrets [c]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 1:29:31 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

He's surprised when she doesn't pick something more dangerous, risky. He hides it well as he signals his Rotom to wipe the records clean and returns the documents to the desk drawer. After the key turns in the lock, a Klefki reveals its presence to retrieve it.[break][break]

"Are you familiar with Castform?" he wonders. "How they work?"[break][break]

They didn't have them back home in Galar. They'd originated in Hoenn thanks to the Weather Institute, and Gavin had only become familiar with the species upon acquiring his own.[break][break]

"Also," he adds, tone far too casual for the stare he fixes on her, "you'd best be careful what you fill her in on, Lulu. Remember that I've got just as much on you."[break][break]

Nothing like good ol' mutually assured destruction.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,361 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
secrets [c]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 1:50:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
she paused, almost lying to him reflexively, but then realizing there was no point really in doing so. he derailed her thoughts with a thinly veiled threat. she guffawed.

i’ve got nothing to lose. do your worst, gavin.” it was true. as underboss who was no longer single, good for him, he had much further to fall.

she went to light her cigarette, filling the room again with the smell of sulfur, grinned around the filter, took a puff. “and honestly, i have no clue.” the plan had been to research before they departed. she hoped her lack of knowledge didn’t raise any suspicion about her choice. the mission covered that it was a forecasting device and that they’d be in obscure areas placing them. seemed fine and manageable enough.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
secrets [c]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2020 2:27:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

Gavin shakes his head. His smile is a twisted thing, almost sad. "I'd be careful what you wish for, Lulu. Rocket's taught me well."[break][break]

He'd tried to warn her all those years ago, when she'd found him in Kanto in the reckless days of his youth. These aren't the kind of people you want to get mixed up with. How was he to know she'd go back home and throw herself to the vultures, instead? Even still, Rocket was worse than those carrion crows she'd found herself amidst in Galar — they'd been a gang, where Rocket was an empire.[break][break]

He wonders if she's seen Kanto since the war. He doesn't ask.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,361 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
secrets [c]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2020 7:36:18 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

giving a short ‘heh’, she drew a puff from her cigarette and regarded him with a momentary stare. “wonder how well.” her arm remained crossed over her ribs even as she smoked with the other hand. a fingernail idly tapped the steel of a gun tucked into its strap. she briefly wondered if he'd improved as much on his hacking as she had on her headshots.

she let another long moment pass, the distrust in her body softening. a laugh started softly in her chest and grew somewhat louder. “look at us, cil.” she paused, grinning. “imagine some asshole telling us ten years ago where we’d be now.” she didn’t quite know why she was so tickled. it was sad, really, for both of them. perhaps it was just the shock of knowing they were together again, at least for now. on the inside, somewhere she couldn’t quite feel presently, stone crumbled from empty vibrations.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
secrets [c]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2020 10:40:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

"Keep wondering," he advises her. "I hope you don't have to find out."[break][break]

She laughs, and he can't quite find the humour in it but the ghost of his smile softens at the sound. "I'd have punched that asshole," he provides; he'd been hotheaded in his youth. Looking at Lulu in all her aggression and confidence is like looking into one of the mirrors in 's gym: his reflection, warped and twisted but familiar. "But here we are."[break][break]

His stress, his craving dominate his willpower and he retrieves the carton of cigarettes to light another.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki