4,326 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
don’t need a sign [m][o]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 21:59:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

the chrome pistol was a useless comfort, here. at every strange, bodiless breath that passed by, she reflexively reached for the gun, once even drawing it and aiming in no direction in particular. she wasn’t a huge fan of ghosts. this place was admittedly making her a bit jumpy.

the haze of cigarette smoke wafted above the light of an advanced looking wrist held device that detected areas of temperature change, something she’d likely snagged from Gavin Merlino ’s lab. she watched it carefully, creeping through the building and towards the closest point of difference.

weezing floated above at her flank. when they reached the correct area, she furrowed her brow. nothing to be seen. “smoke ‘em out.” she commanded. the weezing descended forward, smoke pouring from its craters as it gasped horrendously. the smoke would, theoretically, part or be disturbed by a ghostly presence.

paranormal activity mission

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,835 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
don’t need a sign [m][o]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 5:32:58 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-gv]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
M: PARANORMAL ACTIVITY [-]

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

For a man of Gavin's resources, Saoirse is not hard to track. She can cover her tracks online well enough that her brother can't find her, but he's got an entire intelligence department among those pesky resources. He doesn't use it. He doesn't have to. There's a record of the missions the grunts have been sent to undertake, and Gavin simply had to pull it up.[break][break]

As she creeps through the vacant building, a gentle scuttling can be heard. It's easy to dismiss as Rattata scurrying along the floor — this creature, however, makes its way up the walls and across the ceiling. It sneaks through the shadows among rafters. It is not a ghost, and it is not the creature whose presence has caused the cold spot.[break][break]

Gavin makes no attempt to conceal his own presence; his footsteps echo.[break][break]

"Having any luck?" His voice echoes, too, its soft cadence filling the room. "That thing is a prototype. I wanted to know if it works."[break][break]

He coughs and wrinkles his nose as the smoke expelled by her Pokemon reaches him. He waves a hand in front of his face, pulls a cigarette from his pocket and lights it. The cherry glows bright in the dim light given off by the device.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

NO REWARDS FOR GAV, WHO'S DONE THIS BEFORE

[attr=class,punkianger-gvcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .accentbg"]background: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .accentborder"]border-color: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a, .punkianger-gv .bulk b, .punkianger-gv .bulk i, .punkianger-gvcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/Cr9yhqZ.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,326 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
don’t need a sign [m][o]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 6:22:33 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

the smoke dissipated, revealing nothing. the cold spot moved closer, and lulu suddenly writhed and spun as though there was an unseen spider on her back. “fuck!” already in a rather jumpy state by that point, the footsteps caused her to turn on her heels and point the barrel of her 9 mm pistol right in the face of... her brother. ’goddamnit.

she lowered the gun, her wrist going limp at her hip as it dropped. the light of the device lit up both of their faces. she sucked on her cigarette with no hands, looking guilty.

“hey.” she started. for a long moment, it seemed as though that was all she was going to say. she was chewing on her words. she shoved away her gun to free a hand and undid the device, handing it to him. with the other hand, she grabbed the cigarette, letting the words out, finally. “grade a detective skills.” she took a few hyperactive steps in no direction in particular, looking at the ground. “good thing, cause you’ll never make it in science.” a clear, roasty toasty hint it wasn’t working. she smirked, pleased with herself, not making eye contact and taking another drag.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,835 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
don’t need a sign [m][o]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 6:50:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

Gavin remains surprisingly calm for having a gun pointed in his face. "Didn't I tell you not to point that thing at someone if you weren't going to use it?"[break][break]

His amber gaze pierces through her as she lowers it and silence lapses between them. He says nothing, simply stares. Evidently, the guilt was getting to her, for she takes the device from her wrist and hands it over. Gavin accepts it with one hand as his other holds his cigarette to his lips, smoke causing his figure to distort in the light.[break][break]

"The entire sub's rigged with cameras," he reminds her. He's smirking, too, watching her as her gaze trails along the ground. "Also, I didn't invent the thing, I just offered to help test it. Got a few ghost types lying around. I'll pass on your glowing review, though."[break][break]

Whether it's to startle Saoirse or because it senses some kind of threat, Gavin's Greninja suddenly drops from the rafters to land next to them. WATER SHURIKENS are hurled into the darkness at something the humans can't see. Gavin's casual demeanour shifts into something sharper, more alert, and he drops his cigarette in favour of another pokeball.[break][break]

His Castform sheds a brighter light than the wrist-mounted device with its SUNNY DAY, artificial brightness causing whatever spectral presence assaulted them to shriek and retreat to the shadows.[break][break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a, .punkianger-gv .bulk b, .punkianger-gv .bulk i, .punkianger-gvcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/Cr9yhqZ.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,326 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
don’t need a sign [m][o]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 8:58:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

what a nag. she should have.

at the mention of cameras, she shrugged, sighing. she hadn’t forgotten about them, but trying to hack the rocket security system and failing (she didn’t think that highly of herself) seemed like a good way to be promptly ejected from the submarine via mob. obscuring them would probably have had similar consequences. ”i was hoping you wouldn’t check them, and it was a risk i was willing to take.”

she didn’t respond to the rest, not caring to acknowledge that her sick burn had rolled off of him and onto someone else. she was still kicking the dirt when the greninja dropped to her side, and her heart lurched. ”god—“ she hissed as though she were imploding, fuck.” she let a breath out after holding it a little longer than necessary.

she stood by, what was left of her, as the castform proceeded to blind them all. ”i don’t like this mission. send in that review.” she retorted, squinting. then, to clarify, putting a hand out in front of her as though to ease any ruffling it might cause, ”i’m not complaining,” a low breath, ”i just hate ghosts.” it was why she’d taken the device, honestly. desperation. maybe it was the way bullets flew right through them. maybe it was how they could so easily overtake technology. maybe it was just the howling that made her skin crawl. she was just... nope. and at this point, there was no hiding that weakness from cillian. it was already prime blackmail.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,835 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
don’t need a sign [m][o]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 9:24:28 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

"You really think I'd still be alive in Rocket if I didn't use my brain?"[break][break]

Whatever further lecture he might've offered is lost in the sudden chaos of his Greninja's interruption. He might've laughed at how the Pokemon had startled her if he wasn't focused on whatever had caused his stealthy Pokemon to drop from its hiding place.[break][break]

Cackling fills the warehouse as whatever spirits inhabited it take pleasure in the fright they've caused. In spite of the light shed from his Castform, the weather Pokemon shifting to its sunny forme upon exposure, the temperature has dropped significantly. An ominous wind blows through the room, Gavin's discarded cigarette rolling along the floor. Along the far wall, there's a loud bang as something is knocked aside.[break][break]

Ghosts don't scare him, but he can hardly blame his sister for being unsettled with the way this one was carrying on. Greninja leaps onto one of the walls and scuttles along it, hurling sharp projectiles of water as it goes.[break][break]

"We get it," Gavin snaps at the giggling specter. "Fuck off. Lulu, what else can that Weezing of yours do?[break][break]

He uses her alias with the intent of getting used to calling upon it under stress. You could never be too careful.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,326 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
don’t need a sign [m][o]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2020 5:06:46 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

there were plenty of jokes to be make there, but thoughts were indeed severed. the stress had certainly settled in, and she failed to notice her brother’s use of her alias. this weezing, her turtonator, her weapons… none of them belonged to saoirse. saoirse would have been lost with them. lulu was her name now.

the grip of her hand on her gun flexed some. it still wouldn’t help. she gritted her teeth, eyes traveling around the room as she willed herself forward ahead of them a few steps, despite the feeling of dread. she had a job to do, and cillian showing up as a witness was all the more reason to get it done. she breathed deliberately. time to stop fucking around.

“not much to something he can’t see.” she muttered frustratedly to her brother behind her. she looked around again. “keep trying with the smoke.” she commanded more loudly. the weezing took off forward, plumes of smoke jetting from its form. lulu kept her amber eyes peeled, narrowing them when a break in the smoke finally occurred. bingo.

“take that fucker down!” she called, kicking some dirt up as she ran closer. the place was filthy. the pokemon hurled itself forward, slamming into a haunter that finally revealed itself. the two crashed into the far wall behind them, and again the haunter disappeared. lulu gritted her teeth. “don’t let it get away!”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,835 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
don’t need a sign [m][o]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2020 2:18:14 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

"Assist them with the smoke," Gavin calls to the Greninja, who leaps down from its vantage point. Upon making contact with the cracked concrete floor of the warehouse, smoke billows around the amphibian to obscure it from view. The SMOKESCREEN spreads and merges with that of the Weezing.[break][break]

They're rewarded with the reveal of a Haunter.[break][break]

Its cackling doesn't cease even as it's slammed against the wall by Lulu's Pokemon. Gritting his teeth, Gavin whistles to get the Greninja's attention and commands it with a quick hand signal. The dark-type melds into the shadows only to appear behind its foe, landing a devastating FEINT ATTACK on the unsuspecting ghost.[break][break]

"Over there!" Gavin gestures.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,326 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
don’t need a sign [m][o]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2020 8:05:14 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

her combat boots echoed again through the warehouse as she tore in the other direction, trying to follow the path of the parting smoke. she coughed a little, pulling her shirt up over her mouth and squinting. she really needed to get a gasmask for situations like these.

she slid to a stop when she saw the greninja appear behind the haunter, who seemed to materialize in front of them once more. “come on!” she called to her weezing, who was hurtling through the air above towards the action, slamming into the haunter again just after it was hit with greninja’s feint attack. it seemed to do the trick. the haunter faltered, nearly falling onto the ground before letting out a terrifying sound and then taking off out of a window.

“finally, fuck. her shoulders shivered a little, before she made her way back over to cillian. “i don’t think there’s anything else in here.” she looked around. the warehouse seemed suddenly peaceful.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,835 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
don’t need a sign [m][o]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2020 15:00:28 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

The walls and windows rattle as if the very building itself threatens to come to life, and then everything falls still.[break][break]

"Hope it doesn't come back." He stares out the grimy window through which the spirit had fled. "Not our problem, though; mission was to exorcise a ghost, and we sure did."[break][break]

He's reminded of their grandfather's haunted tea set; it liked to play tricks on the man's guests by coming to life during lulls in conversation, delighting in their yelps of alarm. Perhaps it was the reason for Saoirse's hatred of ghosts.[break][break]

"I'm taking off," he says, returning Greninja to its ball. "Don't mention me in your report; I was never here."[break][break]

He grins, and strides toward the door.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,628 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
don’t need a sign [m][o]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2020 20:35:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

LULU RECEIVES THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: