Lulu Flint
no kickback [m][o]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2020 3:36:36 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

open for any/all
♫ listening
BARE KNUCKLE BEAT DOWN MISSION

“now, BLAZE KICK!”

there was the great whooshing sound of a flame over the yelling of the crowd, and the sound of blaziken’s foot making contact. a garchomp went flying up, body sailing towards a corner of the hut in a daze.

’hey, snap out of it! the voice of a desperate, angry looking jade-haired trainer pulled the beaten pokemon out of the stars, and it righted itself in the air just short of careening into the wall, shaking itself a bit.

‘hell yeah, you got it! now, from above, hit it with TAKE DOWN!’

flying back the same way it’d come from, the garchomp began a dive-bombing descent, becoming a white hot missile that grew with energy.

”blaziken, jump up and give it back!”

the pokemon bent a moment and then launched from the canvas on powerful legs, piercing through the air towards the garchomp with a similar aura, using its MIRROR MOVE, before they collided explosively. the crowd loved it.

the blaziken hopped back, landing near its trainer. only a vicious white grin could be seen from under the shadow of her oversized hood. the garchomp didn’t get back up. ’shit!’ the trainer rushed to it.

the blaze pokemon looked wound up, still clearly having fight left in it. a referee went to raise its talons in victory.

after the ring cleared, their second opponent was ushered in. lulu stared at them provocatively, chin raising a hair and eyes becoming somewhat visible as her hood inched back.“hey, good luck! hope you last longer!” she called. the blaziken punched a fist into the other with a similar taunting spirit.

a tsareena walked through, holding a sign that declared it to be ‘round 1’.

close tab

played by

light

professor o, professor oak
he/him
october 15th
littleroot
demisexual
scientific pioneer
cadet
i'll show you love like the sun, i'll spark again
awards
33 posts
ian oak DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ian
ian oak
no kickback [m][o]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2020 3:42:41 GMT
ian oak Avatar
 "this is nice, this is nice!" the professor commented. a hand stroking the end of his chin. donning a white lab coat and casual sandals for footwear. ian examined the scenery laid out before him. "so this is where all the rough and tough gather. this is a great place to study pokemon!" his body would come to cringe as he shook with excitement, screaming, "this is so cooooooool!" a togepi would come to emerge from behind the professor, mimicking his physical actions; arms, together, were risen.

"no matter how old i get i'll never get bored of this, your pokemon has a great build!" with his keen eye, the professor would extend his hand before him. a rectangle formed out of his fingers as if he were preparing to take a picture. he'd analyze the blaziken, "mirror move and blaze kick, i can only wonder what else your blaziken is capable of. his height is average, but that build definitely speaks volumes. i can see a bond between the two of you!" a crowd began to boo and jeer at the professor, demanding he get the show on the road.

but he didn't care.

"hey, hey, what sort of pokemon would you prefer to fight? i got a lucario and a ditto. i think the ditto would be interesting, but lucario could use the training and i could use the data, haha! how about dude?" he couldn't exactly tell underneath the hoodie if they were a woman or man, but he didn't care. "the name's professor o, what's yours?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,278 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
no kickback [m][o]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2020 4:38:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

♫ listening

lulu stared bemusedly, and a finger pointed at him from a loose wrist as she looked over to someone on her right. “is this guy for real?” they shrugged, equally as confused at the unfoldings. the guy seemed to be a scientist. when they got going, they really got going. lulu knew that well enough. this one seemed like a fucking kook, though.

as the crowd began booing, she felt the pressure on her to speed things up.

he asked her to pick, and her veiled brows furrowed. “send both out, fuck it!”

the blaziken looked impatient. she reached in her pocket and threw out another pokeball. it released a golisopod as tall as the blaziken, which looked around and then sunk into stance. the crowd cheered again.

lulu smirked at the sound, and shook her head at the professor when he asked her name. “doesn’t matter! shut up and fight or get out of the ring, dude!” handed it back to him.

close tab

played by

light

professor o, professor oak
he/him
october 15th
littleroot
demisexual
scientific pioneer
cadet
i'll show you love like the sun, i'll spark again
awards
33 posts
ian oak DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ian
ian oak
no kickback [m][o]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2020 5:02:41 GMT
ian oak Avatar
 "it's not dude, it's "professor o" to you!" he stomped, pointing toward the inpatient character. he'd reach into his pocket in order to pull out what looked to be cellular device, but that wasn't the case: it was a pokedex. "a golisoped, can't say i'm surprised to see something like that here! you must be a real champion, haha; alright, here we go!" releasing two ball capsules from the palm of his hands, he would send out his starmie and ditto. the pair unveiling themselves in a flash of white light.

"ditto, transform!" the blob of purple jell-o would shift into ditto!blaziken. though he spoke of sending out lucario, ian decided to make an executive decision and switch it up a bit. this match-up seemed way more fun in his head. "cosmic power, starmie!" he commanded. the pokemon, radiating beautifully, would come to cloak itself with a second layer of defense.

"go easy on us, we're pretty new to this!" ian stated.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,278 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
no kickback [m][o]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2020 5:58:34 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

boiled angel by venetian snares

she didn’t care who he was.

not having noticed the object in the professor’s hand initially, lulu paused when he pulled it out and aimed it at her pokemon. “hey, no photos, asshole!” there were several reasons.

but the man seemed distracted by the device for a moment, identifying the golisopod. she scrutinized the device from a distance, squinting.

“is that a pokedex?” momentarily distracted, herself, and curious. she’d seen the device or one similar somewhere around ’s office when she’d spoken to him one day.

she shook it off, and the battle began.

“golisopod, hit the ditto with MUD SHOT! blaziken, use AGILITY and stay moving!”

they were up against a fast pair. hopefully before the ditto!blaziken had time to react, the massive splash of mud that released from the bug/water type’s throat would at least slow it down.

the blaziken, already quick with its SPEED BOOST ability, moved at a lightning pace, occasionally becoming a blur as it darted about the area, waiting for a command and a good opening. the crowd was at mid-volume.

professor o asked for mercy and she grinned back, teeth flashing once more. “we’re not here to give lessons, professor.” she called back. “but we will school you!”