2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Splashing Fast
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2020 22:30:40 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Well, that plan went well. Skyler grinned at the coughing Razz, not overly worried. He didn't seem as if he was choking; he was just not used to spending a long amount of time holding his breath. Skyler definitely knew the feeling.

Just as she was about to call out to him, something bumped into her Starmie. Being too far away to intercede, Boreal could only cry out as he saw his trainer thrown into an upwards arc, flying high up in the air as if in slow motion. For a moment it seemed as if Skyler was hanging up there, as if stuck in time - then gravity asserted itself and she plummeted into the waters.

A few seconds later Starmie jumped out of the ocean with Skyler drapped all over it in a decidedly uncomfortable position. The sailor coughed and narrowed her eyes at her opponent, hair stuck to her face. Thankfully Razz hadn't been able to widen the distance between the two of them too much.

Time for Revenge.

Swimming between the two competitors, Boreal growled and - at Skyler's gesture - sent out a DRAGON BREATH, the gust of wind aimed at Razz himself in an attempt to either dislodge him or to knock him off balance. 

Pl5C9mMN

● tags:
● notes: i believe i can fly ♪
 // total: 182
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Splashing Fast
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2020 0:05:04 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]
[attr="class","wiingtop"]

[attr="class","wiingtop3"]TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT

[attr="class","wiingtop4"]IT WONT TAKE ME DOWN | AND JUST FORSAKE ME NOW

[attr="class","wiingpost"]

It looks like Azula had a plan of her own as Razz could only watch as she struck the Starmie head on actually managing to knock their trainer up into the air just to splash into the water. Though it seems the starfish was quick to recover their trainer. From below Duke growled at him clearly asking if that counted as 'knocking the other off' and honestly if he was up against his brother he definitely would have. Though this was still fun and unlike most of these races he's done they did manage a recovery. "Its fine, we just need to be more forceful with knocking her off it seems."[break][break]

As he commented on that he noticed the seahorse try a DRAGONBREATH, thankfully Azula was above water this time to give an order as rather than using evasive maneuvers to avoid the attack Azula used BUBBLE BEAM to combat it. As the two attacks collided they went off with a Bang now forcing the shark to get out of the way. Though this wasn't going to be the end of their assault. "Remember not so hard with this," Razz orders out loud before whistling, the empoleon leaps into the air before launching a HYDRO PUMP at the other, it's force not as strong in case it actually did hit as Razz didn't want to hurt her.

[break][break]

7d6TvWGn

[break][break]

[attr="class","wiingbot1"]

~~~~~

[attr="class","wiingbot2"]Social with
[attr="class","wiingbot3"]

Current Total: 116 [break]
Outfit

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Raleway:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]
[googlefont=Roboto+Condensed:300,400,700]

[newclass=.wiing]width:500px;color:#aaaaaa;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;background-color:#323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=.wiingtop]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/QvTyuMc.png'); background-color:#131313;padding:30px;color:#f3f3f3;height:130px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.wiingtopimg]float:right;height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;padding:10px 12px;border-top:solid 3px #d25d59; border-bottom:solid 3px #333333;margin-left:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtopimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop1]font:40px Raleway;letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:40px;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;padding-top:36px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop1 b]color:#d25d59;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop2]font:bold 10px Roboto;line-height:10px;white-space:nowrap;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop3]float:left;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:120px;background-color:#1c1c1c;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-right:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop4]background-color:#d25d59;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;color:#1a1a1a;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost]padding:50px;font:10px Verdana;border-left:solid 1px #1c1c1c;border-right:solid 1px #1c1c1c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost font]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#d25d59;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost b]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#d25d59;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot1]float:right;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:80px;background-color:#1c1c1c;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-left:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot2]background-color:#d25d59;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;color:#1a1a1a;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot2 a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;color:rgba(0,0,0,.5)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot3]background-color:#131313;padding:25px;color:#555555;font:11px Roboto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Splashing Fast
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2020 11:49:26 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler held on tight to her Starmie as the two attacks collided, sending a small gust of energy across the surface of the ocean and forcing the starfish to correct its course. "Okay, Polaris, we got this." Boreal was just behind her, its head popping out of the water every so often in case Skyler wanted it to do something. She definitely would have to keep a wary eye on that Empoleon from now on - one semi-flight had been enough, thank you very much.

She couldn't force herself to be too bothered by her small flight, however. A wide grin curled the corners of her lips as adrenaline coursed through her system - this was the kind of thing Skyler lived for, and she couldn't help but send Razz a wink as she sped past him.

The Hydro Pump was met halfway to its target by a directed BRINE from Polaris. Unfortunately, Hydro Pump - despite not being at its full force - was still stronger than the jet of water that met it. Before it could reach Skyler, however, Boreal jumped forward, releasing a DRAGON PULSE that sliced through the water and headed for the Sharpedo. 

U33sPjF4

● tags:
● notes:
 // total: 282
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Splashing Fast
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2020 10:50:24 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]

Things were looking bad for a bit. Well for him they were at least as the shockwave from the first two colliding attacks did manage to falter Duke's momentum. Worse yet drifting left put the other racer on his literal blind side so he missed the wink sent at him as she passed. Though it seems Azlua still wasn't going to give up after her HYDRO PUMP, but was surprised to see the way the attack was cut by the DRAGON PULSE. Having just finished her move she was much to far to be able to protect her trainer. [break][break]

With the large splash of water that hit when the DRAGON PULSE cut through Razz was late to give his Sharpedo an order so all he could really do was try to have them slow down to avoid the attack. It wasn't enough though as the attack hit the water in front of him, the shockwave from the attack hitting hard enough to knock Razz off the brutal pokemon and into the ocean. It would take a moment for the water to recover and calm, and another bit before the Ranger was able to swim back up above water again. Whelp that definitely hurt even withoutit being a direct hit, but he'd live it wasn't like it was something he wasn't used to. After finally coming up to him Duke would've turned back and started growling at his trainer for falling off cause now they lost![break][break]

"Its no big deal," he tries to reasure but he could see the pouty looks from both his pokemon, even as Duke was kind enough to dive down and lift back up so Razz would be back in the seat by the time Skyler most likely would've come back after his being knocked off. "Not bad, guess you win, this time."

[break][break]

~~~~~

Outfit

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.wiing]width:500px;color:#aaaaaa;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;background-color:#323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=.wiingtop]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/QvTyuMc.png'); background-color:#131313;padding:30px;color:#f3f3f3;height:130px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.wiingtopimg]float:right;height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;padding:10px 12px;border-top:solid 3px #d25d59; border-bottom:solid 3px #333333;margin-left:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtopimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop1]font:40px Raleway;letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:40px;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;padding-top:36px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop2]font:bold 10px Roboto;line-height:10px;white-space:nowrap;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop3]float:left;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:120px;background-color:#1c1c1c;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-right:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop4]background-color:#d25d59;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;color:#1a1a1a;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost]padding:50px;font:10px Verdana;border-left:solid 1px #1c1c1c;border-right:solid 1px #1c1c1c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot1]float:right;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:80px;background-color:#1c1c1c;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-left:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot2]background-color:#d25d59;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;color:#1a1a1a;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot2 a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;color:rgba(0,0,0,.5)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot3]background-color:#131313;padding:25px;color:#555555;font:11px Roboto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Splashing Fast
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2020 16:45:27 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler slowed down as she realized that she wasn't being chased anymore. She threw a look over her shoulder and noticed that Razz was in the water next to his Sharpedo - and all at once her victory became apparent. A wide grin stretched across Skyler's face and she made her way back to the young man, who managed to find his seat atop the Sharpedo again. "Good fight! That was awesome," she told him, eyes glinting with triumph. "My title as water pokémon expert lives on. We have to do another one of these sometime soon."

Right at that moment, her stomach decided to let its displeasure known, possibly because she hadn't had anything to eat since yesterday. A loud rumble followed Skyler's statement and the sailor's face grew a very faint shade of pink, which she did her best to force down. "I think it's time for lunch." The grin she sent Razz was positively fiendish. "Pity the Whales and Tails closed. Do you have any place in mind?"

● tags:
● notes: ...
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Splashing Fast
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2020 0:46:43 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]

"Yeah it's always fun, even if a little dangerous as it is basically attacking the other trainer," he chuckles a bit as Skyler was close Razz taking the windbreaker off to shake some of the water off it as he took a bit to recover from falling. At the mention of her self apointed title he can't help but taunt a bit, "I'm always willing, but does this mean if I do beat you that I get to take your 'Water Expert' title?"[break][break]

His chuckle becomes a genuine laugh as he hears the other's stomach growing, well guess it was good she won then. He ponders a bit at the question of where they could go to. "Yeah that place was really convenient being on the sea and all, if you don't mind getting wet we can enter in the city, there are a few shore side places that are all right," he points to the island seeing if the other was interested.

[break][break]

~~~~~

Outfit

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Splashing Fast
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2020 15:31:35 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"What's life without a little danger?" It's not like they'd been trying to hurt the other, right? And no one had gotten hurt, so all was well. Given, Skyler wasn't the best of people to measure danger, seeing as her job usually had her deal with danger - sometimes - on a daily basis. That, and she'd participated in a war. So it wouldn't be such a surprise if her perception of danger was a little skewed.

For a moment she wondered if it was the same for Razz.

A chuckle left her at his cheeky comment. Skyler grinned at the young man, twisting her hair in attempt to get rid of the excess water. "Yeah, sure, you'll get the Water Expert title. At least until I win it back again." Her voice was playful, fully confident in her abilities out in the open sea. 

"As long as it has food, I'll be happy. Lemme just get my boat. You can come along too." A corner of her lips curled up into a lopsided grin. "It's more comfortable than Sharpedo Express. No offense to you, buddy." That last part was aimed at the Pokémon currently holding Razz afloat. That said, she quickly returned to the speedboat, calling back Boreal and Krakentoa as she prepared to lift anchor.

"Do you have a specific place in mind?" The question was thrown over her shoulder at Razz, a bit muffled due to the purring of the engine under their feet.

● tags:
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Splashing Fast
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2020 9:04:31 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]

"Ummm safe?" Razz answers with a questionable tone at first, it would be a bit before he relized oh wait that was rhetorical. Duh, he really needed to catch on those quicker, he keeps his smile though to play it off as a joke as Skyler went on how yes he could have her title. Something he didn't really desire, but figured it would be funny to take away seeing as she was the sea captain. Though it did turn to a laugh as he could quite literally feel the poutiness of Duke on the whole comfortable part. "He's alright, I have the ride on him for a reason, that ROUGH SKIN is none too kind." though he decide to allow her to get her boat returning Azula to her pokeball for now as he thank her for her work. Duke seeming more interested in racing the boat rather than going back to his ball as they traveled back. [break][break]

When he got on the ship Salem would be the first to laugh, and enjoy teasing his trainer on how he lost, "You know I can just throw you out right now, the side is right there" Razz pretended to threat making the Meowstic float over to Skyler and land on her shoulder meowing in mock sadness about 'look the way my trainer treats meeee' sort of agony not that the captain could understand his words. But Razz did, and it made him roll his eyes with a chuckle. [break][break]

"There is a place near the trainer docks called the Morning Catch, they're alright, but I do hope you know the only way to get into the city is to dive under right? Even shipments here have to use subs," he made sure to inform, heck it was the reason why he kept Sharpedo out racing. Well... outside him wanting to race a machine.

[break][break]

~~~~~

Outfit

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Splashing Fast
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 20:15:08 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler couldn't understand Salem's words, but she still patted his head and nodded at his empathic grumblings. She couldn't help the small chuckle that escaped her at the Meowstic's antics; they were familiar to her now. "If you want to I can teach you how to swim, Salem." She was teasing, of course. She knew that Salem probably wasn't the greatest fan of water; he could simply use his psychic powers to levitate over it if he so chose.

"Ah, yeah. I usually anchor my boat close to the entry and then dive under with one of my Pokémon. For a moment she wondered if her Wailord even fit in the entrance. Maybe it was best not to try. "Either way," she said, starting to move the boat toward Sootopolis, the wind making an even bigger mess of her hair, "totally worth a free lunch." She sent a smirk over her shoulder at a dripping wet Razz. "I have some towels aboard, though if we're diving they won't do much. I hope the Morning Catch doesn't mind dripping wet customers."

The wing whistled by her ears as Skyler pushed the boat to its top speed, almost flying over the waves. "I'd hold on if I were you, Razz!" She screamed over her shoulder, eyes alight with some wild feeling, the edges of her mouth curling up in a bright smile. She hoped the Sharpedo could keep up with them. She'd kind of forgotten about him oops.

Eventually they made their way to Sootopolis. Skyler stopped the boat and dropped the sea anchor. "Ready, Razz?" Once again she let out Boreal, her Kingdra. Holding on to the dragon, Skyler disappeared beneath the waves. 

● tags:
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Splashing Fast
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2020 6:45:25 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]

Salem waved his arm in a dismissive fashion not all that interested in learning to swim, the cat may like the water but had no interest in swiming, besides he could fly with psychic so that wasn't a skill that was needed. He did enjoy the pets though and he would move himself over to be closer to her hand to ask for more. What sort of pet monster have you awaken Skyler?[break][break]

"Yeah the place is right on the beach this way it can cater to trainers who've been in the water," Razz explains most of the restaurants at the port did so really. For now he held onto the side of the boat as the captain seemed to increase her speed. The Ranger giving a glace over to his sharpedo who seemed to be keeping up just fine as they finally arrived, "You still have energy?" he ask the brute who just jumps up with ease. Razz returns salem back to his pokeball as he gets back into the water riding Duke. [break][break]

Razz would make sure to go ahead so when they emerged from the water again he could point out the shack on the beach. "Like I said, they're not much but decent enough"

[break][break]

~~~~~

Outfit

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Splashing Fast
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2020 16:52:47 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The actual place, Skyler decided, was quaint. The Morning Catch had a worn, but well-loved look to it and Skyler immediately decided she liked it -- especially when the smell of bacon and sausages reached her nostrils.

Leaving Boreal at the beach, Skyler enthusiastically made her way to the counter, greeting whoever was working on the other side with a lopsided grin and a cheerful wave of her hand. She didn't take long to order, and would cover for both hers and Razz's expenses.

"You still owe me lunch." There was a playful tease in her voice, even as she greedily took the fish and chips she'd ordered and tilted her head to the door. "Should we head outside?" 

The small rocky ledges by the water provided a beautiful view onto the protected bay of Sootopolis. Fishermen dotted some of the seaside rocks, and Skyler couldn't help but notice with a flash of humor that some were leaning back and -- snoring. She could relate. Fishing was boring.

Skyler sat with her legs extended in front of her, leaning back against stone. The food tasted heavenly, especially since it was her first meal of the day. Silver eyes shifted to look at her water racing buddy, a dangerously curious light glinting in them. "We've done some missions together, Razz." Her voice was doing its best to sound casual - and failing miserably. "Yet I barely know anything about you. You aren't from Hoenn, right?"

She chomped down on a bit of fish and smirked. Let the interrogation begin.

● tags:
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Splashing Fast
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2020 4:15:10 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]

With them now on land Razz made sure to release Salem from his pokeball again, knowing the cat would be quite upset to know he came here without getting the cat's favorite thing. While Razz himself didn't come here often Salem seemed to be a regular as the cashier recognized the cat. How the cat was so damn social was beyond Razz's comprehension if he was being honest. Though they did seem to recognize Razz enough to question about why he was using his hood to cover his face rather than the usual headband. But he was quick to brush it off as he just paid for their meals. With just a pair of fish and chips for him and Salem then Skyler's order, after paying he just headed outside awkwardly Salem being the one to give a proper thanks and bye. [break][break]

After he just joins Skyler to eat his lunch, Salem nomming away on his fish sticks as the sailor ask her questions. He doesn't considered the tone much as she ask her questions, "Umm well there isn't much to know of me, I was born and raised Kalos, I was an assistant to a scientist for my younger years, after I moved here I did some IT work before deciding to join the Rangers," he tells the story he has practice a thousand times over to hide his true background. He pauses for a second, "Is this your slow way of trying to ask about this?" he points to the side of his face he kept behind his hood currently, the Ranger being as direct as always.

[break][break]

~~~~~

Outfit

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.wiingbot3]background-color:#131313;padding:25px;color:#555555;font:11px Roboto;[/newclass
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Splashing Fast
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2020 15:08:46 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Kalos? Huh." Skyler vaguely remembered the day she'd met Razz, during the heatwave this last summer. He'd been fully clad in black clothing, and the blonde had all but given the awkward young man a whole change of clothes. Hadn't he told her back then that he was new to Hoenn? She couldn't honestly remember. "You don't have an accent though." Most Kalosians did, at least the tourists that walked around Lilycove in the long summer evenings. 

The sailor munched on some fish, humming to herself. "Why Hoenn? This region is a mess." Skyler loved Hoenn, she really did. It was her home. That didn't mean that she was blind to its faults. They'd just been through a war, after all.

A small bark of laughter escaped Skyler at his question, the sailor shifting slightly so that she was sitting cross-legged and mostly facing Razz. Amused silver eyes peered at his scar unabashedly, studying its contours. "Honestly? I just figured you'd tell me about it eventually." There was a certainty in her voice, as if the notion of them growing closer as friends was simply a question of time. Skyler was nothing if not stubborn.

The smile on her face widened, slightly lopsided. She popped a chip into her mouth, chewing away. "Well? I'm all ears, Razz." 

● tags:
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Splashing Fast
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 10:51:55 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]

You know of all the people he thought would ask about his lack of an accent he didn't think someone from HOENN would be one of them. "I was mostly home schooled with my father as a teacher, he is from Kanto so I never really had an accent," he explained as this was yet another thing that he has practiced over and over during his time as a hermit. So many details he made sure to go over and now it felt like this was putting it to the test. Though deep down there was some guilt, Skyler was the first person he's gotten along with and here he was just lying right to her face. [break][break]

"I had moved here a bit before a lot of crazy stuff happened, and living on an island sounded good at the time," he shrugged as he took another bite of his fish stick, the ranger pretending to not notice Salem stealing one of his chips as he attempts to joke, "But I had just turned 17 and never been on my own before, so clearly I had great taste." [break][break]

As she answered about him eventually opening up about his scar. He still thought about it as he tried to think of how to word this, and just how much he should reveal. Like everything else he already had a story, but it had mostly been a short one. Would she let him get away with a short answer? "During the time I was a lab assistant there was a project that went wrong, lots of injuries that day and my face just happened to be one of them." he finally revealed to her still feeling very wrong about lying, but if he wanted this new life of his to remain the way it was then his old had to remain in the dark.

[break][break]

~~~~~

Outfit

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Splashing Fast
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 12:29:02 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Oh, that makes sense." Living in Kalos and being home schooled with his Kantonian father did somewhat explain Razz's lack of social skills. If he spent most of his time at home he wouldn't have had the opportunity to meet many people - especially kids his age. "Living in Kalos, your father being Kantonian... Man, it makes my life sound really boring." The faint smile on her lips betrayed the playfulness of her statement, though. "Lilycove born and raised. And I'm still living there. Guess I'm a Hoennian through and through." She was joking, but there was a certain pride to her voice.

Laughter bubbled out of her at his comment about 'great taste' and living on his own at the tender age of 17. Her eyes were still crinkled at the corners, amusement brightening up her features, when she responded. "I mean, to be fair I think you picked the right spot. Island life is great." Skyler shifted, adjusting her position so that her bottom wouldn't go numb. "I was a mess when I started living on my own. Laundry? Pffff. And don't get me started on cooking." She was still a disaster in the kitchen. Whenever visited, he never let her even touch the pans. "I almost burned down my kitchen a couple of times." More than a couple, actually. 

Clearly, her kitchen was cursed.

Her good cheer dwindled somewhat as Razz opened up about his scar. It didn't even occur to her the possibility that he might be lying. "That sounds... awful." She peered up at the scar, a pensive look crossing her face. "I've noticed you don't hide it as much now. Good on you." She waved Salem over, choosing a few bits of fish  to give him. 

When she turned back to Razz, the smile on her lips had turned into a grin of sorts, the kind that usually preluded some sort of mischief. "Honestly? I think it makes you look all tough and mysterious. I bet it would be a hit with the ladies, or the gents, or with whoever caught your attention." Skyler's clearly teasing him now, an eyebrow quirked up as she awaits his response.

● tags: