murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
METAL & CHARCOAL [social]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2020 6:13:31 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

路子

METAL & CHARCOAL
RUSTBORO CITY | SOCIAL   

The Rustboro Pokemon Center was hardly the warm, friendly local clinic Michiko usually took her dog to in Petalburg. The building was industrial, steel beams criss-crossing the rafters and lending a strangely mechanical atmosphere to the specialty hospital. She was almost shy to hand her newly-caught Pokemon over to the nurse, who took them with a hard smile that didn't reach her eyes. "Please have a seat while we restore your Pokemon."

Taking out her knitting to work on a doggie sweater while they waited, Michi sat down with Zac on one of the metal benches. There were a few other people waiting as well, so she supposed it might take some time. From their uniforms, there were even a couple high school students from the local Trainer's School.
"It is my first time here," Michi leaned over to Zac to whisper. "It is a little scary! Before, I have only Matchan, and he is very healthy." The Machamp had seemed exhausted after their exploration of Route 115, so Michi had recalled him into her husband's Pokeball to be healed up as well.

A short time later, the nurse returned, wheeling various trays of capsules on a miniaturized stretcher. Clipboard in hand, she walked up and down the line, calling out trainers' names, who meekly stood and collected their Pokemon before leaving. When she called Michi's name the woman jumped up, quickly stowing her knitting and hurrying over.

The nurse looked her up and down. "Ms. Maeda? Your Pokemon are all recovered," she said, looking back down at her clipboard and ticking off a box. "Some shallow fish bites on the Machamp, but no other noteworthy injuries." Relieved, Michi  thanked the woman and collected her Pokeballs as Zac was called up next. She almost released Matchan on impulse, then glanced at Zac and decided she didn't need any more extra hands. "Is Onix OK?" she asked, hovering around the man's elbow. 

NOTES: first stop, pokemon center! thread name is for 金炭, kanazumi city on the j-side. pic is of kitakyushu city. 
TAG:
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2020 8:17:48 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

zac ramsay

metal & charcoal
Rustboro city | social

"Mr. Ramsay, your pokemon are all recovered." Said the hard eyed nurse. "Only your Onix was damaged beyond some superficial wounds, and after some extensive sealing we were able to repair him."
The woman looked Zac up and down, taking in his scruffy exterior and mane of red hair, which was still wild from his swim in the river. After a moment, she beckoned Zac away from the group to talk to him privately.

"Mr Ramsay, please take greater care in the future to avoid injuring your pokemon so seriously. Without professional attention he may have suffered long term fracturing, or internal gravel shards."

Zac's usual, carefree smile faded, and he grabbed the pokeball from the tray. "Yup, thanks, sure." He said, turning away from the nurse and heading back to the group.

"Devin, Michi, let's go. I believe you said something about a tour? Maybe some shopping?"

"You shouldn't have let it get this bad. You need to be more careful of your pokemon." the nurse said after him, not letting him off the hook so easily.

Zac turned back to the woman, all residual warmth gone from his expression.
"That's why I'm bloody here in the fitst place! Look, I found him injured and caught him to bring him in for treatment, ma'am. This isn't my injury."
The woman frowned, clearly not used to patients fighting back.

"I'm a trainer." Zac continued. "A ranger actually, not some negligent youngster. I know how to look after my pokemon."

"Good. Well I had better not see you back here with any stupid injuries then, Mr Ramsay." Said the nurse, her lips pressed in a thin, bloodless line.

"You won't. Thanks for your help. Can I go now?"

The pair disengaged, and Zac came back over to the group. His lack of good humor hit the group like a cold wind. "Let's get out of here. Devin, no camera for a bit, okay?"

Devin put away the handheld, and they made for the exit. There were much nicer places than this anyway.

NOTES:
TAG:
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2020 10:39:34 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

路子

METAL & CHARCOAL
RUSTBORO CITY | SOCIAL   

Michiko clapped her hands when the nurse said Onix would be okay. "Thank goodness," she said, happy that was taken care of. Assuming the conversation was over, she went to stand by the door with Devin to look over the walking map on her phone. She had promised Zac a tour, after all!

He came to rejoin them, but something was still wrong. 
"Is... everything all right?" she asked, looking up with some concern at the nurse's tone. 

What she said was bewildering. Michi was still processing it as Zac rejoined them and the three headed outside.
Let him get this bad? It wasn't his fault! she thought, distress growing like a hot flame in the center of her chest. She stopped suddenly before crossing the street, turning back around so suddenly she didn't even bother telling them what she was doing. She barely knew herself until the Pokémon Center door swung shut again behind her.

"Actually," Michi cleared her throat and raised her voice, surprising some of the people still waiting for their Pokeballs. "Actually, what you said-- it's not correct." The high school students goggled at her, whispering, and the little woman pushed down her discomfort.  She clutched her purse to her chest for support. "Onix is very big, so Zac couldn’t help him. He caught him so he was safe in the Pokeball. Maybe, there was no need to rush..."

Her hands began to shake. "...But, we still came to your center to treat Onix as soon as we could. If I had called paramedics, they would still have been slower! Zac cares very much about Onix!" He cared about all Pokemon, even ones Michi didn't think about or notice! It was wrong to criticize him.

Michi met the nurse's eyes levelly, delivering her final verdict. "You may be treating Pokemon, but you do not know how to treat people." 

Back outside, Michi let out a deep breath, then tried to laugh to ease the tension. "Oh, that was so stressful! Next time, we are going to Petalburg Pokemon Center. It is where my husband and I take our dog, and they are very good and kind! They trim his claws and clean his ears, too."

The chatter felt a little forced, but it felt necessary. As they turned the corner, Michi paused to linger in front of a plant nursery, admiring the floral display through the window. "Oh! If it is all right, may we look inside?" she asked. Maybe some flowers would help cheer them both up after their negative business experience.

NOTES: michi stands up for zac and needs to decompress
TAG:

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2020 15:26:09 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

zac ramsay

metal & charcoal
Rustboro city | social

"I have been needing some plants around the aprtment." Zac conceed, letting Michi steer him into the nearby plant nursery. He liked plants, even if he had never been very good with them.
He browsed the rows of exotic flowers, feeling excitement bloom with each new variety, only to fade with the realization that he wouldn't be able to sustain such a beautiful plant.

"I'm away from home so much that everything just keeps on dying." He admitted as they browsed the rows of importeds. "What can I do to keep them alive while I'm gone."

"You could get succulents." Devin suggested. 
"I appreciate the idea Dev, but having a box of those hardy little buggers doesn't really fulfil my image of a thriving garden."
"What about a cactus? They never stop growing!"
"In the house? That just sounds like a health hazard."

Zac kept browsing, becoming surer and surer that this was going to be just another window shop. He stopped by the seed packets. 
Grepa, Mago, Tamato. He thought, reading the names. Looks like they've got all kinds of things here. But the climate is too hot for fruit trees up in Lavaridge. Not to mention I don't have the room. 

Zac kept looking down the rack, only to find that the bottom half of the seeds were sealed away behind a locked sheet of protective glass. 

Printed on the glass, in between a pair of serious looking cartoon Shifty's was the warning:

RESTRICTED BERRIES:
FOR HIGH LEVEL GARDENERS AND LEAGUE MEMBERS 
SERGEANT/SENIOR RANGER AND ABOVE ONLY

A high level gardener? What does that even mean? Zac wondered, letting out a little snort of amusement. Well, he certainly wasn't good enough to warrant the high tier product, nor was he a Senior Ranger. He'd only just cracked Ranger. Well, no rush anyway. I don't even have anywhere to plant them.

NOTES:
TAG:
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2020 8:14:24 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

路子

METAL & CHARCOAL
RUSTBORO CITY | SOCIAL   

“Oh, you live in an apartment?” Michi asked as they browsed the shop. “I live in a house! I have many plants, because there is much space outside and the weather is so nice.” Petalburg City managed to capture the perfect mix of tropical but not-too-hot. Once or twice a year, her husband occasionally brought her a bag of ash-rich soil from Mt. Chimney to mix into the earth. It made for a healthy garden... at least when various pests like Tropius weren’t getting into it and eating her petunias.

She saw some of the ashy soil in a large bag and pointed it out. “Oh, this dirt is very expensive! It comes from Mt. Chimney, so it is very rich and good for vegetables.” She saw Zac eying the “restricted” section and added, innocently, “Or berries!”

By the time Zac turned around, Michi was facing him, hands clasped hesitantly together. “If you want, I could help you! Gardening, I like, but cooking is hmm... not so good.” She made a dismissive motion. “So I do not grow many foods. Maybe you would like to, though?” She was already fishing money out of her coin purse, looking towards the berry seeds.

NOTES: will format later! 
TAG:
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2020 15:08:27 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

zac ramsay

metal & charcoal
Rustboro city | social

"Michi, no, I don't have space-" Zac said, only for Devin to pop in and happily hand him a flyer. "No worries Zac! Look, you can rent garden space down in Route 101!"

"Huh. I mean, that's not too far off from where you are right Michi?" He asked, feeling his resolve being worn down. But even still, Zac didn't like accepting charity. Others should be relying on him, right? 

"And the prices are pretty reasonable, look, they have a bundle pack that comes with your choice of pail!" Devin said, prodding the flyer helpfully.

"It is pretty reasonable, but Michi, you don't have to pay for me." Zac protested, but Michi had already procured her seeds and was escaping towards the counter. He frowned, but in all honesty it felt good to be spoiled.

It had been a tiring day, but more than anything the confrontation with the nurse had just drained him. 
It was one thing to feel like you weren't a good trainer sometimes, but this woman had just straight up and said it to his face.

"Huh, well I guess. No wait! Michi, stop!"
He raced up to the counter before she could complete the purchase.
"Stop!" He repeated, and the clerk looked at him in shock and confusion.
"You can't buy that." Zac said, and he pointed to a bag of the 'Chimney San's Rare Ashy Combi' that Michi was halfway through paying for.

"Not with the tons of the stuff I have sitting around in my back yard." Zac said, and his signature grin peeked through for the first time that afternoon.
He hauled the bag up onto his shoulder, letting Michi pay for the seeds and organize the planting spot. 

NOTES: Lotad #1 watering boy.
All other pail in comparison
TAG:
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2020 16:11:31 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

路子

METAL & CHARCOAL
RUSTBORO CITY | SOCIAL   

Michiko was so happy to be finally giving back. She still hadn't had a chance to present Zac with the Petalburg Apples, and it finally felt like she was contributing after the educator had taught her so much today. The garden plot was close to where she lived, and it would be no problem to check up on it. She could even walk Thor there!  Maybe fall is a strange time to be planting seeds, but I will take care of it, she thought firmly.

Zac startled her. 
"Bwaa!" She threw up her arms as if being held at gunpoint, spooked by the man's sudden shout. "Oh! But Chimney-San is best value... well, Zac's yard is maybe better value," she conceded, looking happier. She let Zac take the bag of potting soil and paid for the gardening supplies and plot of land. The watering can it came with was cute. Eeeeh, how nostalgic!

For once, she actually had a positive memory associated with a native Hoenn Pokemon. When she was younger, the Lotad used to gather outside after a storm to collect the rainwater. Sometimes from her window, she would see Beautifly land on the wide green dishes to sip the morning dew. 

Of course, that was a problem in itself since Beautifly were dangerous predators whose lashing tongues could pierce through clothes and skin alike, so her mother hadn't let her play outside on those rainy mornings. But she had enjoyed many days looking at them, and with the number of new Pokemon species that had come to her hometown in the last few years, it was probably a sight she'd never see again.

Several minutes later they were back on their way, seeds and gardening supplies rustling in their bags. I wonder if Zac has forgotten about the dog-catching supplies, Michi thought, hesitating to bring it up. If he had forgotten after everything-- the scare with the Onix, the inhospitable Pokemon Center, their gardening sidetrack-- she would, of course, understand. Maybe I should bring it up naturally... he wanted to talk about the rare dog character earlier.

"Zac? What is your number-one favorite Pokemon?" Michi asked out of the blue. "Is it... Trapinch?" Her voice was laden with politeness.

NOTES: michi tries to channel the topic towards entei
TAG:  

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2020 13:56:56 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

zac ramsay

metal & charcoal
Rustboro city | social

"-up to forty-thousand volts! With just it's nose, if you can believe it. And that's why Heliolisk is my favorite pokemon." He said, concluding the ninety minute lecture extoling a wide range of the electric reptile's most amazing features.

He leaned back on the bench with a satisfied sigh. In the time it had taken him to complete his verbal thesis the group had walked half the length of the city, stopping at a book store, the pokemart, and even grabbing a snack from a frozen yogurt stand before ending up in one of the local parks, where they had watched the wild pokemon play in the trees.

"Aren't they just amazing?" Zac breathed, smiling up at a pair of Taillow that were preening on a branch. "Pokemon, I mean. There is just so much to love about them. Every little bugger has a spark of something special."

He looked down at Zappa, who had found a warmed spot on the ground and fallen asleep in the afternoon sun. "Zappa, you awake?"
The lizard didn't stir and Zac turned to Michi. "Listen, Michi, I'm have a confession."
He looked down again at Zappa and, looking conflicted, returned the lizard back into his pokeball. "Heliolisk isn't my favorite pokemon."
As he said it, his voice dipped, and he looked around, as if someone might catch him saying it. 

"My real favorite pokemon is..." He leaned in closer "Entei. You remember that one I mentioned before? I know it's a pipe dream to set your heart on a legendary pokemon, but something about it just calls to me." 

Zac pulled out his wallet and, hidden behind a smiling photo of Heliolisk, was a battered picture of Entei. It looked like a clipping from an old issue of National Dex Geographic. Zac struck a pose. With his mane of thick red hair and cream-trimmed coat, the two look rather similar, at least in color scheme and how hairy they were.

"What do you think? Don't we even look a little bit alike?"  

NOTES: Zac wants a hot dog
TAG:
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2020 17:06:28 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

路子

METAL & CHARCOAL
RUSTBORO CITY | SOCIAL   

“Mmm, many volts!” Michi said regarding the virtues of Heliolisk, frowning at the pair of Taillow Zac had been admiring. Taillow were always pooping on her car. Soa used to zap me and my husband when we touched him, but we bought Ability Capsule to change. So now, it is a little better.” She was of course talking about Electrike’s two abilities, Static and Lightningrod. 

Honestly speaking, Michi didn’t care so much for electric types. She didn’t care for all the times she’d been shocked when patting Thor on the head before they’d gotten him fixed, and she didn’t care for all the near-heart attacks when the dog’s unfortunate ability had brought lightning crashing down on the two of them when they were trying to go on a walk in the rain. Heliolisk seemed very interesting, however, and after the depth of information Zac had shared she felt almost like an expert! Maybe I could write a Heliolisk book, now?

Michi leaned over when Zac said he had a secret, though truthfully she’d basically given up on turning the conversation back to dog-catching supplies at this point. They’d been everywhere in Rustboro but the dog-catching shop.

At the mention of Entei Michi perked up, pausing mid-bite of her Pancham Gummi fro-yo. “Oh! He is cool!” She said, looking at the picture of the rare character. It was mostly an artist’s depiction, but it looked very strong— much like Zac! She laughed. “Very similar!” the older woman agreed.  “What does he like to eat?” 

Now that they were finally on the topic of different dogs, Michi seemed a little more engaged in the situation. She handed her fro-yo to Matchan for him to finish and leaned in to examine the illustration more closely. “He has sharp teeth! Maybe, he is a meat-eater? I have a good nikujaga recipe,” she offered. “Oh, but there is onions! Maybe they are bad for dogs. Too bad... Matchan loves my nikujaga.” The Machamp side-eyed her doubtfully.

NOTES: try michi’s famous nikujaga
TAG:  
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2020 13:59:13 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

zac ramsay

metal & charcoal
Rustboro city | social

"What does he eat?" Zac asked, surprised at the idea that a creature like Entei would even bother eating. "Ummm, I always assumed that he sorta subsisted on latent volcanic energies or something." He sat back, thinking. "If he did eat anything, it would definitely be meat. Maybe just a big thick steak!"

"But..it's from Johto right? If we go off the legends then the first Entei was resurrected in Burnt Tower by Ho-oh. Burnt tower is in Ecruteak City, which as well all know if famous for three things." Zac held up three fingers, counting off the items as he named them.
"Traditional dance, green tea, and steamed eel." He smiled, licking his lips. "That's gotta be the best bet Michi. Some fresh eel, straight from the rivers of Mt Mortar."

As he realized what he said, Zac's joy faded a little. "I mean, i'm sure any eel would work, right? It wouldn't have to be from Johto. And he probably wants it hot. Creature like that, linked to volcanoes, he's gotta love things with a bit of a kick to 'em."

Zac slapped one hand into the other, brightening right up as an idea hit him. "I've got it. My spicy Huntail and tofu curry. It'll bring him running!...assuming he is in the area....and eats at all."

NOTES: Zac wants a hot dog
TAG:
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2020 15:13:29 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

路子

METAL & CHARCOAL
RUSTBORO CITY | SOCIAL   

Zac always talked about things Michi had never thought about before. It had never occurred to her that a Pokemon might like food from its hometown best. Could Pokemon feel nostalgia? I'll have to ask my husband where Matchan is from, so I can try and find him something to eat from there. As much as the Machamp probably loved her special-Michi-style meat and potatoes, maybe she could treat him for a change.

"Ooh! I like Johto! Ecruteak CIty is very famous!" she said, clapping her hands. She'd gone abroad there once or twice, but sadly hadn't had the chance to enjoy all the famous dishes. She'd been busy visiting sightseeing spots and posing in front of the Bell Tower with her daughters.

Come to think of it, the picture Zac had showed her did seem familiar-- maybe she'd seen it at the temple, too! Michi wasn't very interested in history and that trip had been cut short when her husband had set off a poison needle trap in the Unown ruins and needed to go to the hospital, so there had been a lot going on at the time.

"I want to try!" she exclaimed, making two fists and pulling them down in an obscure gesture. "Huntail Tofu Curry, and catch Entei! Where does he live?" She stood up, gathering her things. She'd chosen this park for them to wander to deliberately because it was right next to a pet store, which she conveniently pointed at now. Matchan jolted awake, quickly standing up next to her.

"I have many good ideas for catching cute dogs," Michi said, clasping her hands. She'd had time to come up with a clever dog-catching plan during the 90-minute-lecture. "The pet shop, it has collars of many sizes and colors. There are healthy dog treats, too!" Entei was very rare so maybe it was not possible, but it would still be fun to go out and try! Now that Michi knew how easy collecting characters was, she didn't know why people didn't go do it all the time.

NOTES: pet shop time
TAG:  
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2020 15:36:53 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Metal & Charcoal
Rustboro City| Social

THEME

This shopping trip is taking us all over the place. Zac thought, pulling himself up off of the bench and after Michi and Matchan. 

After the 'trek' up the mountain this morning Zac had expected an easy afternoon sitting in the park, but Michi's second wind blew the group right into the conveniently placed pet shop.

The front wall was hard plastic sections, each of which held purebred puppies and kittens of the most popular varieties. Big-eyed Growlithe and Rockruff pups looked up at him, and it was all Zac could do not to buy all of them then and there.

Michi had obviously been here before, as she easily located the dog section. As advertised, there were snacks, chew toys, and even some collars the right size for an Entei!

Wait a second. What the hell are we thinking? Putting a collar on Entei? It's a legendary pokemon, not some fluffy show pup! 
Zac couldn't help but smile at how off-kilter the mission had become. They were going to cook grilled eel and then wrestle a collar on this beast? 
You know what? Sure. Why not. He thought, reaching for an XXXL collar.

"What do you think of this one?" He asked Michi, holding out a studded crimson ring that could have easily been one of his belts. "This this'll suit him?" He asked with a grin.

It's not like we're going to find an Entei anyway, so let's have a bit of fun along the way.  

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2020 13:47:51 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

路子

METAL & CHARCOAL
RUSTBORO CITY | SOCIAL   

Michi stood on her tiptoes, eager to reach the highest leash on the shelf. It was a dark, waxy-looking red and incidentally marked 'fireproof'. "I got shock-proof leash for Soa," she said, still reaching. It had been convenient during thunderstorms so she didn't get shocked when lightning spontaneously struck the Electrike. Matchan reached up with his upper arms and easily took the leash down for her, which she collected in relief.

She held it up against the collar Zac had selected, eying them both critically. "Color is a good compliment! Nice~match~!" she said in an exaggeratedly sing-song way. If nothing else, Zac could put it on Trapinch when it grew up. It would make a nice belt.

Collecting the leash and collar to pay for them, Matchan having already collected some healthy dog treats from a different aisle, Michi saw something small and green zip ahead of them past a shelf. Doreepi? she thought, confused. How had Doree sneaked out of her ball? 

She followed the little green shape and ran into someone's back, giving a little squeak of surprise. "Ah! I am so sorry!" she exclaimed, then as the man turned she actually recognized him. "Oh! Jun-jun!" she exclaimed, delighted. She waved Zac over, pointing at the older man. He was dressed in frayed overalls. "Zac, come look! This is my friend Jun-jun, we went to elementary school together! He also knows many things about Pokemon!"

"Only farming, with domestic Pokemon," Jun-jun admitted, acknowledging Zac with a friendly nod. "Long time no see, Michiko! What brings you to Rustboro? Aren't you still living in Petalburg in your family home?" His gaze lingered curiously on the giant collar and leash the woman was holding. 

"Of course, of course," Michi said immediately, "But I am giving Zac a tour! He is interested in local city and Pokemon! Do you know 'vlogging?' Jun-jun looked blank and Michi went on enthusiastically, "It is like short movies every day on social media. We are going to catch dogs."

"Well, if you're interested in catching things, come on over to the farm and do one of your vloggings there," Jun-jun said, hefting the large can of Repel he was holding. He turned to Zac to explain, tone grim. "I have a terrible pest problem. Carrying off my flock almost every night-- going to have to put out a League ad soon at this rate."

As he spoke, Michi's eyes were drawn to the little flicker of green again. It was a Dreepy-- and it was floating by his hat. When it saw her looking, it shot away again, making a mean face. Not my cute Doree! She thought, hesitating over whether to point it out or not and deciding not to.

NOTES: dreepy mystery setup begins
TAG:  

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2020 14:30:08 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Metal & Charcoal
Rustboro City| Social

THEME

This Jun-jun seems like a top bloke. Zac thought, holding out a hand for the farmer to shake.
"I'd love to come see the farm!" He said, taking in the man's rustic appearance with an approving nod. "And don't worry about that League ad. I'm a certified Ranger, so let me have a crack at it before you go paying out the nose."

"Really? You'd do that for me?" Jun-jun asked, eyebrows rising. He looked back at his former classmate. "You sure have great taste in friends Michi. You two are lifesavers."

"Don't go thanking us yet! Lets see if we can catch whatever it is!" Zac laughed. "So where is this farm? Near here?"

"Yes! About ten minutes North of the city. Very easy to get to if you have a car. I can give you a lift if you don't though." Jun-jun prattled, getting more excited at the prospect of free help, not to mention visitors.
"So when can you come around? Tomorrow? Tonight? My wife is at home now getting dinner ready, if you didn't have plans. The pests always attack at night anyway. What do you say?"

"Well I didn't have anything planned. Michi? You up for it?"

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2020 15:56:55 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

路子

METAL & CHARCOAL
RUSTBORO CITY | SOCIAL   

"Tonight?" Michi asked, feeling scattered and distracted by the Dreepy she could still see whizzing around behind the oblivious Jun-jun. She tore her eyes away, forcing herself to focus. "Tonight for... visiting Jun-jun Farm?" 

She paused. She had been envisioning Zac going there in the early morning, when Jun-jun and his wife were feeding all the cute little farm Pokemon and tending to the fields. It seemed like a nice thing to be filming, but she had forgotten Zac was the adventurous sort. Maybe he liked the element of mystery at night. "Do you have... night vision camera?" she said after a moment of hesitation. "To see... pests?"

The Dreepy floated by again. Was she the only one who could see it?!

Perhaps Zac was also politely pretending not to notice. Michi resolved herself not to look and bent her mind to the question: was she up for visiting her childhood friend's farm on a night mission? I haven't had so much excitement in a long time! she thought, putting a hand over her heart. Did she really have any business tagging along with a professional? Then again, she was curious! I wouldn't have to wait to see it online, she thought, and it would be nice to chat with Jun-jun some more. She hadn't seen his wife in a long time either!

"Zac is very smart, and understands wild Pokemon very well," MIchi said after thinking, "He will do a good job. I have many pests in my garden," the little Petalburg woman added, "Maybe, I can help too!" She seemed to grow more cheerful. "My husband is not home, so I do not have to do cooking. I would like to come!"

She finished checking out and gave the giant collar and leash to Matchan for the fighting-type to hold. Out in the parking lot she could see Jun-jun's truck, which she thought he'd probably had for the last twenty or thirty years. It did not look road-worthy or able to fit herself, Zac, and their shopping bags unless someone rode in the back.

"Mmm--" she said, stopping. She'd parked her husband's car nearby the Pokemon Center when she'd first come to meet Zac and it occurred to her it might be easier (and safer) to drive separately. "Maybe I will drive, and we will meet you there. Matchan needs lots of leg room." 

Matchan audibly sighed. They watched as Jun-jun got into the driver's seat, the door slamming shut with a rusty squeal. As he started the vehicle up, Michiko blinked. She rubbed her eyes. There was no mistake: small but distinct, she could see a Dreepy clinging to the truck's radio antenna as it pulled away. 

NOTES: you can decide whether to ride with michi or jun-jun, she's taking her own car! Last Michi post... To be continued...
TAG: