he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,414 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2020 3:18:42 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The Diglett(?) was saved from Rocky’s maw, drawn into the Pokeball. Hideo had it in mind to visit the nearest Pokemon Center when he had the chance; he’d be surprised if it wasn’t injured by all that thrashing about. Probably nothing potentially deadly, but still worth getting checked out.

No surprise that Andy witnessed it. Hideo was usually lucky that these outbursts happened in private, but sometimes there was no hiding it.

How to put it delicately.

He’s usually not like this.” He put the ball away, placing his now-free hand on the Lycanroc’s head. “Rocky just has a bad habit of...getting worked up. Especially when something tries to hurt me like that. He takes protecting me very seriously.

The clearly-agitated, snarling Rocky glared at his trainer, pulling his head away. It was enough of a cue that he wasn’t ending his tantrum for a while. “*sigh* but sometimes, he just needs a time out. Come on, Rocky.

He produced Rocky’s Pokeball, pulling him back inside. “I’m really sorry about that,” he said, meant more towards Andy. His cheeks reddened a little - gosh, this was embarrassing.

The sound of metal scraping against asphalt took his attention once again. Another wild Pokemon already? Did it only just arrive, or had it been waiting for him to take Rocky away? Hideo didn’t know, but he did know that he needed to get another Pokemon out asap. Before whatever this was got too close.

And he’d be more embarrassed if Andy had to save him again.

I got this one,” he said, digging through his pocket for a different Pokeball. He settled on one of his catches, the first one he’d gotten here.

Come on out...” He still didn’t know what it was. “Tapper. I’m gonna call you Tapper, ok?

The now-released Excadrill threw his claw-hands up, a joyous expression on his face matched by a "Drill!" - but it didn’t last after he spotted the incoming Perrserker. “Alright, Tapper, show us what you got! Hit it with your best attack!

A quick salute, followed by the newly-dubbed Tapper pointing his hands above his head. His body rapidly spun, flying towards the new arrival. It tried to retaliate by slamming its head into him, but it just wasn’t enough; the attack went through, sending the cat flying into the air.

It landed right by Hideo, who offered an impressed whistle. “Well that’s a good first impression. Good job, Tapper!” All that was left was to press the Pokeball against this Pokemon.

A good thing to take his mind off Rocky’s outburst.

Pokeballs remaining: 7

Hideo is attempting to capture the Perrserker

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 1:40:28 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
A lack of control over one's pokemon could have disastrous consequences. Not that Andy was about to stand there and lecture the kid over it. Hideo was young, so it wasn't like he was failing at decades of training. Even Epitaph didn't always listen to him. Granted, there had never been in a situation he had encountered where someone tried to do him serious harm.
[break][break]
''Don't beat yourself up. They'll listen better the longer you have them.'' As another pokemon came to accost him again, the younger boy called dibs upon it. Andy watched while wondering if the other trainer even knew what it was he was catching, or just slapped whatever he heard with a pokeball. That was one way to do it.
[break][break]
''How do you know what mons you're getting?'' Some pokedexes or similar items would sound off at the sight of wild pokemon if you aimed it at them, though he personally just used an app. No need carrying around an additional electronic. Thanks to his parents, and to the rest of his lineage, he had some manner of idea of what he was looking at anyway.
[break][break]
Suddenly the fact that Epitaph had been awfully quiet drew his attention. Looking over his shoulder, he found his ghost pokemon standing in front of a geodude. The latter was flexing its rocky muscles at his pokemon. After he had done his poses, the gengar had responded in kind, flexing his much less impressive nonexistent muscles.
[break][break]
The geodude pointed a craggy finger to cackle at this, and of course the gengar's grin sank into an upset curve. How dare he. Eyes flashing a dazzling array of colors, the geodude limply floated as it fell under hypnosis. Andy chuckled to himself as he walked over, producing another pokeball. He really needed to stop catching these soon, or he was going to run low.
[break][break]
''You make friends about as well as I do,'' he mumbled as the pokemon was absorbed. Speaking of, ''hey Hideo. You got a phone number or something?''

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

hunting steel/electric types with [attr="class","silpc-pkmn-img"]
[break]
-catching geodude

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 3:04:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]HIDEO CAUGHT PERRSERKER!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BATTLE ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]IRON HEAD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PAY DAY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]IRON DEFENSE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!

[break]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]ANDY CAUGHT GEODUDE!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] NO GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STONE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MAGNITUDE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STEALTH ROCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EARTHQUAKE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"]BOTH OF YOU RECEIVE 10 PD!

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,414 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 18:01:50 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Another one in the ball. Whatever Tapper did was a solid hit, as this one didn’t offer any resistance whatsoever.

As he was putting the ball away, Tapper had approached him, happily giggling at his success - and Hideo could feel him tapping at his cane. “Heh, you really like it,” he laughed, handing it over, “Here, you earned it.

The mole took it, gleefully tapping away at everything around them (that wasn’t human, Pokemon, or Pokeball).

I have had Rocky for a long time. Just that...maybe it’s because I’m going out more and dealing with more Pokemon. Could just be taking some time getting used to new stuff.” Covering up that he was just getting more aggressive in general. Hideo didn’t want Andy to know he was losing control.

And as for how he knew what he caught? The answer was simple: “I don’t~. I usually find out after I catch them. I do have a Pokedex, but it’s faster if I don’t wait to check them first. And I’m not that picky about what I catch right now.” He knew it sounded silly, but that was the truth: catching first and learning their temperaments later was his usual strategy, especially when his team was so small before he came here.

Also, he didn’t have his Pokedex with him; he could get away with bringing his Pokemon and sneaking some Pokeballs with him, but taking his Pokedex would’ve shown he planned more than just picking up some medicine.

His attention was taken once more when Andy asked him for his number - and it brought a smile to his face. “Yeah, I got a cell phone. Here-” He took it out, showing his older-model smartphone with a physical miniature keyboard on the bottom.

He’d share his number with Andy - and was ready to type down Andy’s if he reciprocated.

No sooner after the exchange, would Hideo receive a text message from his sister - and unconsciously opened it immediately, the text-to-speech program he had reading it out loud.

Mom n Dad getting antsy. Get it asap n come back.

Ah, dang. Guess that’s it for today. It was fun, Andy, but I gotta go.” He offered a wave to the other boy, giving him a chance to do so too (not that he’d know, but some people just did it out of politeness). “Thanks for helping me out! We should meet again someday!

Come on, Tapper!” The tapping Excadrill had been tapping away while the two trainers were busy, but stopped when ordered back. He ran back to the boy, handing him back his cane - though still eagerly eyeing it.

Hideo put his phone away, reaching for Rocky’s Pokeball - before remembering that he was probably still in a bad mood. Wouldn’t guide him too well in that state. But fortunately, he had a backup; he let out Elga, his Elgyem, on his shoulder. “All right, Elga, we gotta go to the pharmacy first. Then back home. Think you can guide the way?

Brief blinks of light from Elga’s hands, and Hideo understood the confirmation. He went on his way, his cane tapping against the ground as Tapper followed him along, his clawed-fingers waving in sync with the sound.

A pretty good day, all things considered; a lot of new catches, and a new friend.