smoke in the distance [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2020 10:22:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
 His brows knit together with wrinkles as he stares at the fire starting to spread out from within the woods. The league is fortunate that someone managed to alert the proper authorities in time; otherwise the entire Petalburg Woods would be up in aflame.

Pulling out a pokeball from his belt, he tosses it out to release Kano from his confines. The Milotic lets out a loud whirring groan as it looks back to him. The ranger briefly looks up – quickly realizing that the tall trees are blotting out the sky making it difficult to try and dowse the fire with rain.

He clicks his tongue in annoyance as he points at the fire. ”Water Pulse.”

The Milotic coils its long serpentine body before extending out its head – mouth wide open. Pulses of water begin firing out from its mouth as it strikes against the now raging fire, pattering it away in small bursts.

1/5

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2020 10:51:06 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Smoke in the distance
Petalburg Woods | Mission

THEME

Zac ran through the Petalburg fields, heading for the source of the smoke. It looks like it's coming from the forest, but we're pretty close to town. Zac thought, pushing himself faster.

He hit the forest path, sprinting through the late Autumn leaves. Smoke was creeping through the underbrush, and it was a bad sign that there was a flickering orange light for him to follow. I can't let it spread.

He burst onto the firefront, sucking in smoky breaths as he grabbed a ball from his bag and tossed it nearby. "*cough* Get 'em Busta! Put that fire out!" He shouted about the roar of the fire and the groan of collapsing trees.

The familiar WHUMP WHUMP of Clawitzer's WATER PULSE filled the air, and only then did Zac notice another figure already here. Already fighting the fire. 

The flames danced high, catching in the branches of the nearby pines and spreading the fire outwards, towards Petalburg. If they didn't stop the blaze, or find a way to prevent the spread, it would only be a matter of time before it reached the city.

NOTES: Fire fighter? I hardly know her!
TAG: @ken

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2020 11:23:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
 He briefly glances over to the burly newcomer and his small Clawitzer as the two quickly join him in his efforts to dowse away the flames; yet despite both their combined efforts, the fire only seems to grow as it begins spreading from tree to tree.

Gritting his teeth, he looks over to Kano. ”Kano, continue your bursts here.” he immediately commands the Milotic before tossing out another pokeball to release a Pelipper from its Pokeball whose presence immediately causes a downpour of rain to drizzle down from above.

It’s not enough to put out the flames, but with the rain involved, it should help stifle the flames and keep them from spreading; plus, their water-type moves would be bolstered as a result.

The ranger trudges his way over to the man. ”Keep fighting down here, we’ll take to the air.” Placing his right index finger and thumb against his lips, he whistles as the large Pelipper whirs on by, giving him an opportunity to hop on its back. Jetting into the air, the Pelipper briefly guzzling air into its mouth before letting out a massive torrent of water from overhead.

2/5
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2020 11:46:17 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Smoke in the distance

THEME

Zac nodded to the other trainer as the man took to the air on the back of his Pelipper. Okay, so ground is all me 'eh?

Ordinarily Zac would have sent out Rhydon and Turtonator to smash down some of the trees and stop the spread, but with the rain coming down his pokemon would be greatly weakened. I guess i'll just move UNDERground then. Zac thought, sending out Onix and Trapinch under the cover of the massive pines.

"Dig under the fire and see if you can weaken the ground. Collapse the trees inwards and contain the fire." he commanded, and the pair burrowed into the rain-soaked soil, dispappearing in muddy tunnels. 

Clawitzer continued to blast away at the trees, and moments later their work started to take effect. Trees sagged away from Petalburg, and the combination of ground and air assult started to dampen the flames.

And then Zac heard a scream. The fire must have spread unevenly, and encircled a section of as yet unburnt forest, trapping something or someone within. "I hear someone!" Zac shouted up to the Ranger in the sky and pointing into the blaze. "Over there!"

NOTES: What's that Zac? There's a fire in the old woods!
And someone's trapped!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2020 20:36:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
 Ken immediately grimaces when he hears mention of someone being trapped within the fire. At this rate, they’re more likely to succumb to the smoke than the flames itself. Pointing over at the blaze, the Pelipper is quick to unleash a massive blast of water against the raging inferno – giving enough time for a shadow to slip through.

The Milotic slithers by the Clawitzer, aiding it as it peppers the trees with pulses of water as the flames gradually begin dying down thanks to the combined efforts of both rangers’ pokemon.

From beneath the flames, a shadow begins slinking its way out towards the other ranger and a Greninja clad in black suddenly emerges from the shadowy depths with a child and a Cyndaquil in its hands. Without saying anything, it sets down both before the burly ranger before slinking back into the shadows.

3/5
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 6:59:03 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Smoke in the distance

THEME

Zac picked up the woman, carrying her away from the fire. I've got to get her to safety! He thought. The lady was badly burnt as it was, and her Cyndaquil clung to her body protectively. 

Zac checked her vitals. She was still breathing, but it was ragged. She must have inhaled a lot of smoke.
"Cacturne! Fango!" Zac said, sending out two more of his pokemon.
"Cacturne, wrap this woman up with your COTTON SPORES, Fango, I hope you're ready for a run."

Fluffy white puffs of cotton burst from the Cacturne, sticking to the burnt woman. Zac could almost hear the sizzling as the cotton, wet from the rain, stuck fast to her skin. 

He slid the Cyndaquil into one of his coat pockets and picked up the cotton swaddled woman.  Her burns are bad. She needs help. A doctor. I've got to hurry to the hospital in Petalburg. 
With difficulty, he climbed onto Fango's back and the Mudsdale took off, hooves churning the muddy ground as he galloped towards Petalburg.

He left his other pokemon behind, still battling the blaze. 

NOTES: 

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 12:35:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
 Sitting atop his Pelipper, the ranger stares down as he watches his black clad Greninja slink back into the shadows. He lets out a sigh of relief seeing both woman and pokemon safe and out of the fire, though his attention quickly gravitates towards the other ranger.

His eyes crunch together with slight annoyance as he watches the burly ranger saddle himself and the woman onto the Mudsdale before making a mad dash back to the city, but keeps his silence on the matter as he understands his urgency. Scanning back towards the burning trees and the now dying flames, he points back over to the flames as the Pelipper and Milotic begin blasting down water through Hydro Pump and Water Pulse.

As the flames disperse and the rain above begin washing them away, he calls back the Milotic back into its pokeball before descending downwards on his Pelipper. He looks over to the other ranger’s pokemon as he calls out to them. ”Let’s get you all back to your trainer.” he says, flying off away slowly.

4/5
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 12:44:22 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Smoke in the distance

THEME

Escaping out from under the drizzle of the other ranger's Pelipper, Zac and Fango galloped for Petalburg City. 

As they rode, it came as a relief to Zac that the fire had been further from the town than he had thought.
With the extensive rain that had been summoned, even the embers that should be floating in the air were gone, and as he stormed into town atop his steed there was no hint of smoke on the wind.

Zac might as well be a Petalburg native, for how often he and Michi came here for shopping or to look after their berry fields, and he quickly found the hospital.
He carried the woman inside and handed her over to the medical staff, who began to pick away at the cotton covering her body.

"Oh! Almost forgot!" Zac said, and he picked the Cyndaquil out of his coat pocket and plopped it in the arms of a nurse. "It's her's." He said, pointing at the woman before he walked back outside. 

He could see the thin pall of smoke rising from the remains of the fire, and in the sky above it, the ranger. It looked like he was approaching...

NOTES: 

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 13:11:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
 He wipes away the droplets of rain still falling from his face, letting out a sigh of relief as he peers back at the trailing smoke in the dense sea of trees. Nearing Petalburg’s hospital, the Pelipper begins descending downwards to the ground and hovering just a couple of feet from the ground, he hops down, making his approach.

The large ranger is easy to spot as he moves past the entrance, making his way into the reception area. He lifts out his right arm from his cloak, thumbing back at the entrance as he stares at the man. ”I’ve made sure to lead your pokemon back.”

With his work done, the quiet and stalwart ranger pulls out his phone, touching away at the screen as he looks back at the man. ”I’ll make sure to note your efforts in the reports. Thanks.”

Having said his piece, Ken turns away, making his way out as he takes his leave.

5/5
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 13:19:04 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Smoke in the distance

THEME

”I’ve made sure to lead your pokemon back.” said the dark haired ranger, taking out his phone.

"Thanks a bunch mate." Zac said, and he let out a sigh of relief as he saw the familiar forms of his pokemon making their way down the road.

"I checked that woman in at the hospital. I think she's gonna be fine." he gave a smile. "Couldn't have done it without you."

The other ranger takes his leave, walking off as Zac gives him a big wave goodbye. "See ya' round mate! Great to have your hand in on this one!" he calls after him.

What a nice guy. 

NOTES: Aaaaaand scene.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2020 5:34:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@ken