2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
coco slurpers [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 7:07:42 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e was in the city anyway and some speed dating thing had started. He wasn't really looking to shack up with anyone but it might be nice to meet some fun new faces.

This was how Chu-e found himself sitting on one of the benches by one of the ice rinks, hot coco in hand. He had even been thoughtful enough to grab an extra cup for his 'date's! How nice.

It was a shame he couldn't get up and try to skate himself, but it seemed nice and scenic for an event like this.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
coco slurpers [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 7:20:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-av]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
mistletoe match-up speed date: 1

[attr=class,lyric1]
she listens like spring and she

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
What had started as a short visit to Fortree to see her grandparents had resulted in her being pushed to sign up for a charity event being held to fund rescue and recovery efforts for the aftermath of the war. It had been granddad's idea for her to attend, in the end. She had blushed and politely declined, insisted that it wasn't necessary and she could just donate to the cause rather than physically participate.[break][break]

After all: a mistletoe dating event seemed quite romantic, and Avery was not exactly the most adept at that sort of thing.[break][break]

But her resolve was nowhere near as strong as granddad's persistence. Something about 'you deserve to have a little fun, Avery, my dear! Go have some fun-- you never know, maybe you'll find Mr. Right!'[break][break]

So she arrives for her first date of the evening at an ice rink. She wears oversized pink mittens and a scarf around her neck, topped off with puffball earmuffs. [break][break]

"Excuse me.. are you Ji-Hoon Ki? My name is Avery Collins, I believe I'm meeting you for a date? Unless of course I ahh-- have the wrong person."[break][break]

She had only assumed due to his two cups of hot cocoa. The woman blushes now, quickly embarrassed by her forwardness.[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-avcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentbg"]background: #86B1D0;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentborder"]border-color: #86B1D0;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a, .punkianger-av .bulk b, .punkianger-av .bulk i, .punkianger-avcredit a"]color: #D9A9BD;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/wrYC5Hj/momoi-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(217,169,189,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #D9A9BD; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
coco slurpers [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 7:45:37 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
When a young woman approached him, Chu-e glanced up at gave a small grin. "Avery... oh, yeah, I'm Ji-Hoon. Nice to meet you." He scooted over a little on the bench to make room for her. "The Aurorus Lightshow should be starting soon. This should be a good spot to watch."

"Oh! This is for you." He offered her the second cup of coco. The container had little snowflake decorations on the outside. He couldn't help but notice the young woman seemed kind of shy. Well, maybe he would have to make sure he kept a gentler touch this time.

At least she wouldn't have to worry about any unwanted advances from him. Chu-e had mostly wanted to come just for company. Miss Collins also wasn't his type.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
coco slurpers [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 7:51:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Avery's smile returns immediately as he looks up at her with a grin. Her nerves remain, of course, as she settles next to him. The woman leaves space between them for fear she might be invading his personal space, and appears genuinely surprised when he offers her his second cup.[break][break]

"The Aurorus Lightshow?"[break][break]

Avery follows her surprise with a gracious thank-you, wrapping her gloved hands around the cup. It eminates warmth and she draws her attention to the sky, already struck with awe. She had totally forgotten all about the show-- she would have missed it entirely if she'd headed back to Lilycove tonight.[break][break]

"It's nice to meet you too!"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentbg"]background: #86B1D0;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentborder"]border-color: #86B1D0;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a, .punkianger-av .bulk b, .punkianger-av .bulk i, .punkianger-avcredit a"]color: #D9A9BD;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/wrYC5Hj/momoi-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(217,169,189,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #D9A9BD; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
coco slurpers [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 8:22:15 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
At least she seemed calm enough to settle I next to him. Instead of bothering her, Chu-e glanced up at the sky where the show was starting. It was amazing what good planning and a handful of pokemon could do.

"Have you ever watched this before? It's my first time." Being able to step back and take a deep breath was nice. He hummed to himself before getting another sip of his coco.

"Do you live around here? I'm just passing through, myself." Since he had wanted to meet some new faces it seemed a shame to not try to get to know the woman. Maybe she would be his best friend someday.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
coco slurpers [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 18:17:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
She cracks open the lid to her cocoa, reveling in the warmth that oozes from the lip. It's steam rises against her face, bringing with it the sweet smell of chocolate. She's smiling.[break][break]

Eventually, her attention returns to the sky and the beautiful lights show that takes over the night sky. [break][break]

"I have! I used to watch every year with my grandparents."[break][break]

Avery glances at Ji-Hoon with a warm smile as she raises her drink to her lips. Her small sip is interrupted by his question, and she tilts her head, her smiling growing.[break][break]

"I was born here, but I moved to Lilycove City a few months ago -- maybe even a year ago, now! I just stopped by to visit my grandparents before I head back to the daycare."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentbg"]background: #241D28;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentborder"]border-color: #241D28;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/qmMPGtH/avery-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #313131; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
coco slurpers [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 5:01:46 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Lilycove? That's where I'm on my way to, next! Maybe I'll see you again as I pass through." The idea of it was nice. Avery seemed sweet. A friendly face would make the trip that way less lonely.

"That's nice, though... not everyone takes the time to see family." He was one of them, since he hadn't seen his family in person since he was in his teens. "Is the daycare for kids or pokemon?"

He hummed and took in the lights for a few moments longer. "My story isn't as interesting. I'm just heading home to Mossadeep."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
coco slurpers [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 5:12:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
"Oh, is that so? That's so great! Lilycove is beautiful, especially this time of year. We may not get much snow-- Hoenn really never does-- but the city is always well-decorated for the holidays!"[break][break]

She grins, absolutely enamored with their small talk. [break][break]

Her head tilts happily and she nods.[break][break]

"They're really important to me, so I make an effort to come see them as often as I can."[break][break]

They had, after all, given her everything she had now. Her ability to love, endlessly, and the daycare itself, left behind in their name to give to her. [break][break]

"Both! Mostly Pokemon though."[break][break]

They fall into mutual silence and Ji-Hoon's humming brings a smile to her face.[break][break]

"I'm sure your story is incredibly interesting! Everyone's is. Mossdeep is also a beautiful place to be."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/qmMPGtH/avery-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #313131; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
coco slurpers [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 7:18:09 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I'm excited to see it again. I spend part of winter in Lilycove a few years ago. I was more... well, rude, back then so I didn't meet as many nice people, though. I think this year will be a lot better." And maybe a little calmer, if he was lucky.

"That's so cute! My brother always talked about wanting to run a daycare back in Sinnoh. He really adores kids." He smiled lightly at the though. "But... that's a really sweet thought. I think I'm more just happy to go home. I've been in Kalos a long time and only recently got to come back to Hoenn."

He sighs softly. "I'll need to find some way to occupy myself, I think..." He was about to say more when a timer beeped on his phone, causing Chu-e to frown. "Ah, I guess our time is up... shame. It was really nice talking to you. I'll look you up in Lilycove? I have some baby pokemon always looking for playmates."

With that Chu-e stood so they could say their final goodbyes and part ways. Time was sadly limited with the speed dates.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
coco slurpers [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2020 2:56:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Avery smiles so brightly it touches her eyes and produces a warm feeling in her chest that not even her hot chocolate could be responsible for.[break][break]

"Well.. I think you're quite sweet. What matters is who you choose to be from now on, now who you were."[break][break]

And when he talks about his brother and his brother's interest in daycares, Avery giggles happily. [break][break]

"Kalos? Oh my.. that must have been so lovely!"[break][break]

But before she could properly respond to his next question, his phone goes off at the same time hers does. She reaches for it after a pause, giving him her full attention a moment longer.[break][break]

"O-oh.. okay. Sure! Yeah, I'd like that! I will see you around, Ji-Hoon, take care, and enjoy your visit back home!"[break][break]

She waves, bashful, before dipping her head and gathering her things to move onto the next area. [break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?