murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
not what you expected [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 10:48:23 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
“Where’s table #14? Oh, over there? Thank you!”

An older woman bundled up in a plush pink overcoat hurried up to 's table at the winter-themed pop-up cafe, brushing fake snow off her shoulders. “I have the right seat, don’t I?” She checked the place setting, which was clearly labeled “VICTOR J. HUNKY”.

“Oh, thank goodness!” she said, seeming relieved (for some reason). She unwound and draped her hand-knitted scarf over the back of her seat before sitting down across from the youth. "Hello! It’s nice to meet you! My name’s Michiko Maeda, but please call me Michi!”

She looked for a place to put her huge handbag, but finding none on the fake snow-covered ground, settled for hugging it in her lap. She smiled obliviously at her event partner. “Mr. Hunky is late today, so he asked me to fill in! He says he must do-- many extra reps-- at the gym.”

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 0:53:44 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
Munching on the krabby rangoon he had ordered while he waited, the crumbs of the crunchy treat littered the lap of his gengar patterned romper. So embarrassed had Epitaph been at the garment, he had actually deigned to stay within his pokeball than be seen with his garish master. The sign across from him on the table read something about V. Hunky.
[break][break]
He had no clue who that was, but surely wasn't a descriptor of the supposed gentleman. The boy couldn't say he was too into muscles, but given who put this event on, perhaps it would be a theme. Then again, he was here, and nothing about Andy was hunky. When he saw the older lady approaching, the chewing ceased.
[break][break]
No fucking way. As she drew closer, the bitterness swallowed him as he realized the truth of the situation. After her introduction, he gulped his current bite down hard. ''Yeah. Cool. Great.'' He fired in rapid succession. Leaning onto the table he glared with an intense chocolate gaze. ''Is this a fucking joke? First that Schwartz dick hole tries to kill me at Mauville, and now this.''

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

--

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 9:31:49 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

"I am sorry,"
she said politely, expression quizzical. She was sure her hearing was still good, but she hadn't understood anything the boy had said. His rude tone didn't exactly bode well, but she'd like to think she'd just misunderstood.  "Could you please say one more time? I didn't-- Oh!"

She cried out suddenly, interrupting her own sentence. She had just seen Andy's romper. "Gengar! He is one of my very favorite characters!"

Any foreboding about the conversation seemed to evaporate. "Just one second..." Frantically, Michi rummaged inside her handbag before pulling out a volume of manga. She held it up to show off the glossy cover, where a cute, cartoonishly-drawn Torchic and Mudkip were facing off against a curly-mustached Gengar. All three were wearing christmas-themed apparel to coincide with the holiday release.

"I just bought today!" Michi said, face flushed with triumph. She set it on the table. "It is the new volume of Strange Dungeon! I also got special phone case, but I already have two..." She was rummaging in her bag again and pulled out a garish purple phone case still in its plastic wrapping. "Oh, I will give it to you!" 
close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2020 6:16:13 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

He leaned back into his hair at her own outburst, answering her previous quizzical expression with one of his own. Glancing down at his ensemble after her observation, he looked no less puzzled. Character? Gengar was a real thing. Seemed like an odd choice of words to him. Then she whipped out a book, a manga to be precise.
[break][break]
Is this lady alright in the head? He wondered to himself. Never had he seen someone her age act like this about manga. His brown eyes flicked between the book and the woman a couple times. Can a gengar even grow a mustache? It seemed preposterous, but then anything was possible in manga, not like the real world in which they resided.
[break][break]
''Thanks...'' He accepted the phone case. His own phone was oddly still as naked as it had been fresh out of the box. Andy had just been too lazy to ever pick anything for it. Still, he gave an uncertain stare. I wonder if she's fucking with me... Maybe this is all a trick It all certainly seemed like a prank. ''I'm Andy.'' He wondered... ''Is a 'date' like this even legal?''

--

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2020 3:13:36 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

Michi giggled behind her hand. "It is not a date," she said, bright-eyed. "We are two people, meeting for the first time. I meet many people this way!" She still went on dates with her husband, and there was always a special sense to them. A romance. A mystique. Chatting with interesting new strangers while on winter vacation was just her hobby. 

"Oh, but you must be bored! Let's walk and talk!" Michi gathered up her manga and jangly character charms and stuffed them back in her bag, then stood up from the little table. There was a row of decorated food stalls paving the wintery street. "I just arrived, so I have not had time to see the lights! Do you like?" 

She stopped at a stand selling hot drinks, brightening. Little glass Pokemon Christmas ornaments hung from the front awning, sparkling faintly. Glancing at the drink menu, she saw what she wanted immediately. "Aaa, hot mulled wine!" The very essence of the holiday season! She loved drinking it at house parties with her lady friends.

This year, however, many of her friends were spending the holidays abroad in safer regions. Seeing the nostalgic drink here was surprisingly comforting. "Have you tried? It is warming, and there are many spices!" Probably assuming she was the thirteen-year-old's mother, the attendant passed her two small mugs filled with wine. Beaming, Michi handed one to Andy. "Here you are! Let's~Party!"

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2020 20:09:08 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

The boy blinked at her response. He swore he had read 'speed dating' somewhere during his involvement with this. But then again, this lady seemed a little touched to him. Her next sentence didn't do her any favors. Didn't everyone meet someone for the first time? Perhaps it was just phrasing, but he was starting to suspect that Balder had picked a real psycho for him.
[break][break]
''What? Bored?'' She had only arrived just moments before. Scarfing down his last krabby rangoon, he went after her. It was considered for a moment to just sit there, but at this point he wasn't convinced she wouldn't pull a knife on him and stick him a few times. Paranoid as it was, she didn't give him the impression of stability.
[break][break]
And it had not even been five minutes.
[break][break]
The first place she led him was to a garish stand that sold various hot beverages. Michiko had chosen wine. Now he realized why this felt so off. This was like dating his aunt, who was just as eccentric and certainly liked wine just as much. Andy started to feel a little ill at the thought of spending quality time with what could be one of his aunt's drinking buddies.
[break][break]
Blimey! She really is just like that flappy floozy! The impersonation was complete when she bought him a glass. He looked with obvious uncertainty at the glass, then at the salesman. Dude, do you see this shit? Couldn't he perhaps lose his license? But he didn't seem to care. Cautiously, he took the cup from her.
[break][break]
What if this was some creep's trick to get him drunk and take advantage of him? A paranoid gaze was fired into the warm red liquid as nightmare scenarios filled his mind. Certainly, one cup wouldn't floor him, he reassured himself. She hadn't put anything in it. Still, he couldn't help but wonder if this was a scheme. Hesitantly, he took a sip.
[break][break]
His tongue was assaulted by a flavor that was spicy, sweet, and a tad bitter. It was okay, but certainly not something he was drink regularly. He made a face at it.
[break][break]
''How do you old foogies drink this all the time?''

--

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2020 2:40:00 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

Far from being offended, Michi dissolved into giggles. "Oh! You don't like?" she asked, trying to smother her amusement. Andy was unfortunately very expressive, so it was easy to read his reaction to the hot alcoholic beverage. The older woman did her best to compose herself and inclined her head to the boy apologetically. "Ahaha, I am sorry... my daughters also, they don't like. It is funny."

She straightened, warming her hands on the mug as she took a deep sip of her own. The rich, full-bodied taste with its blend of fruits and spices warmed her whole body and she sighed happily, vapor curling around her nose. "Mmm! It is acquired taste, I think, maybe."

The older woman snuggled into her scarf. "Always I think it is good to try new things, even if you do not like!" Like Gengar-- at first he was a generic villain character, but over time you began to appreciate him for his cleverness and sense of humor. "So I am happy you tried, Andy. Truly! Thank you."

Michi moved on past the drink stall, staring around with delight at the decorations. Setting down her mug on an empty table, she pulled out her phone to take a picture of the lights. "These are my daughters!" Michi said to Andy, swiping past all her apps to show him her background. A couple of college-age girls were making peace signs at the camera. "They go to university in Unova! Oh, where are you from?" She was dismayed that she'd forgotten to ask. 

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 20:29:30 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Figuring the question was rhetorical, he just stared. He didn't like it in fact. However, he neither hated it. Michiko seemed amused, also mentioning that her own children didn't care for it. Blinking he wondered why she bought it for him in the first place. Suppose he did like it. Would she get him inebriated and leave him passed out somewhere? He swirled the liquid in the cup.
[break][break]
This was weird.
[break][break]
''Yeah, just like everything else.'' Another sip was suffered as he agreed with her, at least in a way. Shrugging at her next comment continued. ''If there's interest.'' To him there was a dark side to such ideals. No one on this planet tries everything they see, lady. There's adventure and then there just being dragged the fuck along. His normal crassness was contained though.
[break][break]
''Yeah, no sweat.'' She struck him as fairly loopy, or perhaps she was foreign as well. Her wording seemed strange to him, but then so did she entirely. As Michiko continued along, the boy stood a moment before following, wondering if she would just wander off alone if he didn't move. Then things pivoted again, as the woman halted to launch into the 'look at my kids' routine.
[break][break]
What does she expect me to say? Nice tits? In his mind there was a good reason anyone hated being shown someone else's baby pictures. ''They look... lovely.'' He made something up on the spot, head swiveling left to right for a moment as he struggled to find a word, struggled to remain nice. When she asked where he was from his eyes narrowed slightly.
[break][break]
Had she done all that just to pose that question?
[break][break]
''Galar. Born and raised. If you couldn't tell by my accent.''

--

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 13:04:04 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

"Oh! Galar!" She exclaimed, lowering her phone. "My husband is there right now! He is studying some ancient temples, or something like that." Sparing Andy from hearing about her actual favorite subject, Michi pointed to herself. "So where do you think I am from? Guess!"

The older woman reached for her wine while she waited. She didn't give Andy long to respond. "I am from Petalburg City! I have lived there all my life, and my family also! Have you been? Oh, you are a foreigner... can you understand me?" She laughed. If she spoke as she usually did with her childhood friends or parents, people from far-off regions like Unova or Kalos sometimes got confused. Even her husband, sometimes! "I try to speak slowly so you will understand," she said sympathetically, "I am a modern woman, so it is easy for me."

"Michiko! Thanks for covering me!" The deep voice surprised her and Michi turned to see a fit, bare-chested man in bike shorts jogging towards them from the direction of the ice skating rink. "Oh, Mr. Hunky! You made it!" she cried gratefully, clutching her wine mug. Wasn't he cold in that outfit? She politely didn't point it out.

Realizing that her time filling in for her close friend Victor was soon at an end, Michi turned to the brown-haired youth, inclining her head gratefully. "Ah! Andy! It was very nice meeting you! At first you had an angry feeling, but I think you are good... just like Gengar!" Despite their short time chatting, she seemed very heartfelt. 

"I love Gengar," the man agreed, flexing. "Man, am I cold. Hey, you gonna drink that wine?" 

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 20:46:49 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''The old folks home?'' He couldn't resist answering her question with such snark. It just slipped right out before he even thought about it. She nearly trampled the response with her own, making him wonder if her query was meant to be rhetorical. He didn't know much about Petalburg having only been in Hoenn since the summer.
[break][break]
''Your words? Yeah.'' What she was saying could be understood, but what she meant, or more why she was doing it was far more obscure. Andy had to contain his laughter when she said she would speak slowly for him. ''Oh, thanks so much.'' Though it sounded as empty as a government promise.
[break][break]
Suddenly another guy showed up, and going by Michiko's explanation, it was none other than Hunky himself. The boy supposed he looked hunky enough, but he couldn't say he found it appealing personally. After all, the last slab of muscle he had encounter tried to burn him alive so he figured it best to avoid such people for any serious encounter.
[break][break]
Who knew what that protein powder did to one's mind?
[break][break]
''Yeah. It was a real pleasure.'' If only he could disappear into the shadows like gengar. He missed having Epitaph around for this. His pokemon would have made things much more entertaining. Vicky admitted he loved gengar as well, causing his attention to refocus on the conversation. Why was he flexing while he said that? Andy made a face.
[break][break]
''Oh, uh. I guess not.'' He offered the cup when the man asked him if he was going to finish. Seemed quite strange to him to drink after a random kid, but hell, maybe he liked wine that much. ''Anyway, I think I need to hit a shitter and head home.'' A poor excuse to exfiltrate, but it was the first that came to mind. ''Good luck with your boozing and all. Nice meeting you, I guess.''
[break][break]
With the subtlest of waves, he began to saunter off into the crowd.

--

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga