mclaren mcflurry
ice box where my heart used to be [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 16:24:45 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

the first time the man had come into shoal cave, mcflurry ignored him, mostly because people were free to venture wherever they wanted, however they wanted.

the second time he came into shoal cave, she eyed him a little warily and had a smaller ice-type tail him, mostly because she'd found several issues in the cave systems after the first time.

this time would mark the third time, and currently, she's following his tracks, because jesus christ, she was certain he was going to cause a cave-in if he kept doing it the way he was doing it.

(not that he would, in all honesty. mcflurry's just very pointedly and purposely ignoring the fact that she'd become very possessive over shoal cave. like it was her territory.)

"e-excuse me, sir," mcflurry started when she finally reached him, steelix at her side, "a-are you sure you should be, uh. going down this mc-path? i-i'm kind of a local, and, uh."

mcflurry looked down at the endless pit of death that the man was about to walk towards.
 ● catching x

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 17:14:21 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The first time, Chu-e hadn't noticed her at all.

The second time, Chu-e had been aware of a tail, you didn't get to live as long as he had without being aware of things, but in the end proceeded to ignore it.

Now, he was busy leaning over and looking into a pit that looked straight down into the Maw of Death Itself, fully aware of whatever stupid nonsense he was about to do. For most people, you didn't get to live as long as he had by taking risks. He hadn't been able to stay alive unless he took them. This kind of thing was just.. well, maybe he was kind of fucked up in his own ways.

"Hmm?" Chu-e turned to face the sudden person with a flat kind of interest. Like one would give for the weather or a neat factoid about giraffes. He certainly didn't look like the type to be wandering on his own at all, skinny and sickly and pale, let alone in a dangerous cave. Strange happenings.

"I'll be fine." He waved her off and turned to look back into the pit, thinking about the best way to get to the bottom. There was sure to be something cool down there. In both the literal and figurative sense, given where they were at. Squinting into the darkness, Chu-e hummed to himself. "Think I'll die if I jump?" The question was meant for the girl at his side. Or maybe a hypothetical. It was kind of hard to tell.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 2:58:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DELIBIRD APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] insomnia
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRILL PECK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PRESENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AURORA BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"]WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GIBLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAGON BREATH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BULLDOZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DIG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAKE DOWN

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
it’s all winter here, even in august
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 19:13:16 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

mcflurry made a face. ugh, it was gonna be this sort of guy. well, if he wanted to be a smartass without any sense of self-preservation, then she'd be happy to work with that. after all, she has first-hand experience.

"th-this must be how mc-merlino feels about me, rrgh," she muttered audibly under her breath.

sighing, mcflurry looked down the pit, trying to remember what laid down there. then, it came to her after a few seconds.

"n-nothing much. just a delibird nest a-and, uh. an underground lake —"

mcflurry was quickly cut off by a delibird suddenly and loudly shooting off an aurora beam at the part of the cliff she was standing on, its squawks echoing through the cave as the ground begun to shudder and fracture under the both of them.

"haw, mcfuck me —"

groaning like this was more an inconvenience than an actual life-threatening event, mcflurry yelled out a quick "magnet rise!" and jumped off the collapsing cliff, the ensuing avalanche collapsing on the delibird in question and knocking it out — and into the frigid waters below.

mcflurry, in the meantime, had gotten caught by her flying steelix, who jumped into action the moment she gave the order.

flying down and capturing the face-down santa bird in the water, she hurriedly looked around for the stranger who decided to be so devil-may-cry about the fragile steep cliff made of ice.
 ● catching delibird

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 20:16:51 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Oh. Shit."

At least the guy seemed a bit startled, if blandly so, at the sudden attack and fracturing of ice. His hands out his pokeballs and they were flung to the bottom of the pit to release whatever was inside. He tumbled downwards, half noticing what the girl was doing, feeling his body jolt as he was caught by psychic energy and lowered down at a more languid pace.

He ended up being dipped sat on the shore, a Slowking paddling around the water and a Gardevoir standing next to him. The Gardevoir fretted over him, but he seemed more interested in something else the avalanche had disturbed; the rump of a small and scaly pokemon was sticking out from under the drift of snow. Seeing chance, he hummed and tossed a ball at the thing.

"You alright up there?" He called out to the girl, only shivering a little in the cold air. How his part, he didn't seem too bothered by this turn of events. If anything, he just kind of wandered off after his basic check, peering into a passage of shivering caverns that had been uncovered by the shifting snow and ice. He called his Gardevoir back into his ball but whistled for the Slowking to follow.

catching gible
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2020 3:04:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GLALIE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MOODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FREEZE-DRY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PROTECT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICE SHARD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWDER SNOW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICICLE CRASH

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MUDBRAY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STAMINA
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE KICK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]IRON DEFENSE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EARTHQUAKE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEAVY SLAM

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2020 3:56:41 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

"i-i'm fine, i'm just mcworried about you..."

mcflurry sighed. well, at least the guy was fine. he had his pokemon there with him, after all. steelix flew closer to the new passages, lowering its head so that mcflurry could jump off.

mcflurry grunted and leaned her body so she could look back up at the cliff. shit. that caused that section of the cave to block off. she could dig through it, but it'd be too risky with two people involved.

"we're gonna have to mcfind another way out — unless you, uh. want to mcteleport."

mcflurry offered, before a disturbed glalie jumped out and attacked her out of fear. she backpedalled.

"i-i'm mcflurry, by the way! iron tail!"

the woman's steelix shot forward and tanked the icicle crash coming her way. then, whipping its body around, it slammed the glalie over the head and into the ground, where mcflurry groaned and caught it to bring it to the pokemon center later.
 ● catching glalie

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2020 12:29:39 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"You are? That's sweet. I promise I'll be fine." He did give a kind of lopsided grin in her direction. "Ah, can't really Teleport too much... doctor doesn't advise it." Which, he wasn't too worried about potentially being lost in an icy cavern. In the end, if push came to shove, he really would do it and suffer the consequences later. He fished his phone out of his pocket and flipped on the flashlight, shining it down the tunnel. He did, at least, jump when a pokemon shot out and attacked, not him, but the woman.

"Huh, you're kinda unlucky with these wilds." That being said, a donkey pokemon ran out and looked clearly startled. The cave in must have disturbed a lot of the local wildlife, so they would probably be dealing with quite a lot of pokemon wandering their way. Aloe, the Slowking, didn't risk it; he simply shot the pokemon with a Water Pulse and sent it flying back against the wall. Feeling bad for it, and also mildly excited because he had been looking for a pokemon like this, he tossed a ball it's way.

Since it was a bit calmer for the moment, he shined the light back into the tunnel. It looked like it slanted upwards, at least. "I think we can get back up top this way." With that, he set forward. "Ji-Hoon Ki! Call me Ki. Easier for everybody." And he laughed some at that. "You seem sort of nervous, Mcflurry. Not too keen on spelunking?"

Catching Mudbray
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2020 4:00:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SMOOCHUM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HYDRATION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWDER SNOW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BLIZZARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COVET
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SING
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WISH

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD EISCUE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ICE FACE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FREEZE-DRY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WEATHER BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MIST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA RING

[break]

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2020 17:08:47 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

the woman sighed when she heard he didn't actually have teleport available. gonna have to do it the hard way then. 

mcflurry just grumbled, glaring a hole into the ground at that comment.

"if — if you do enough of them, you're mcgonna h-have a bad streak... but i'm f-fine with exploring. i just don't want guests to get mcmurdered in my — uh, shoal cave."

she partly noted her own slip of tongue. wow, she was really going full caveman over this place. however, as she wandered through the upward path, a mild blizzard suddenly blasted past, enough to knock out any weaker pokemon.

mcflurry was not weak nor a weak pokemon. sighing, she snapped her fingers. her steelix dug into the ice before reappearing on a further side of the tunnel, catching something in its teeth, putting it in a death roll, and tossing a pink humanoid-looking thing at mcflurry's feet.

"mcstop it."

she caught the smoochum easily enough, and the steelix returned to her side.

"— 's just that, uh. this place is my only real home away from home. my job, mccifically. my coworkers are — are mcdicks, a-and after all the megalopan activities..."
 ● catching smoochum

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 15:53:25 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e did at least give a sympathetic nod. He could understand shitty working conditions and coworkers. The previous Rocket leader had tried to have him sleeping with the fishes, after all. Little did the two of them know, they had more in common in that way than expected.

"I can't image what hell it must have been like to be here when the damned invasion was happening. I was trapped in a hospital bed in Kalos while that was going down. It was all every station played for a while." And it had looked like hell. Maybe even worse than when Kanto had been taken over, which was his only experience with direct war.

"No job is worth getting shit on, though. Not in a position to quit?" He understood for more common folks that sometimes quitting a shitty job wasn't an option if you needed the money that badly. That's what led to a lot of shitty working conditions to start with; bosses who thought they could do whatever they wanted with you knowing you couldn't afford to move on. Chu-e felt bad for Mcflurry if that was the case.

"Don't mean to intrude on the cave, by the way. My husband and I, he's not around anymore, we used to come out to this cave on a lot of dates once upon a time. I guess I'm just nostalgic." A weird blockhead penguin pokemon creeped from around the corner. Aloe did not even chance an attack, grabbing the pokemon with a Psychic and slamming it against the ceiling of the cavern. Chu-e sighed and tossed a pokeball. He would need to go over 'appropriate attacks around strangers' later.

catching ice penguin
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 4:34:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GALARIAN MR. MIME APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ICE BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICE SHARD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DAZZLING GLEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICY WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYCHIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HYPNOSIS

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DRILBUR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND RUSH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DIG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK SLIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRILL RUN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWORDS DANCE

[break]

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 2:00:38 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

mcflurry had a haunted look when the word 'quit' leaves the man's lips. there was a distinct sense of cold leaving the area — maybe not scientifically, not measurably, but somehow, mcflurry felt the air become hollow, rather than cold.

and then she let out a slow, shuddering breath, the whiteness of the precipitating moisture so thick, so diluted, one would think that she had taken a huge hit of tobacco.

"i-if i q-q-quit, they — they wil kill me."

and that was that. mcflurry barely even registered the next part of what "ki" was saying, only actually snapping to attention when a mr. mime jumped out from a corner and started making shapes with a determined expression, a cocky smirk on its —

— it got its shit absolutely hammered into a fucking wall with an iron tail before the battle even started. and then another one. and another one for good measure. there was a 6 foot indent in the rock and a shudder ringing through the cavern walls by the end of it.

mcflurry caught it.

"th-that's nice, ki. it's not like i... own the cave, or anything. mc. i just come here. when i'm free. my boss, gavin, he — nevermind."
 ● catching mr. mime

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 2:51:34 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e eyed a Drilbur farther in the cavern, just lite ways off. It looked scared beyond belief at what had just happened, slowly backing up before darting deeper into the cavern and away from them.

Now, if Mcflurry had just said the 'they'd kill me' thing without any of the other stuff, Chu-e would have figured she was just being dramatic. But then that weird mime had gotten the hell beat out of it. Then the most damning bit about a 'her boss, Gavin' was mentioned. He had the pieces. He had connected them.

"Oh, you're Rocket." And he said it kind of like it was nothing and not some secret to be kept hush hush. "Yeah, you're right. Only way to get out is kick the big one."

Reaching into his bag, into one of the hidden pockets he had inside, it took a few moments before he pulled out an ID- his real ID. The one printed for 'Chu-e Choi' with the outdated, hidden mark for one of the Beasts. For old Rocket, the ones who overturned Kanto.

If she knew of him, it had been a long time without activity on his part, it would be stories of massacres under his thumb or maybe rumors of his supposed death. Even if he wasn't currently in an acting position didn't mean he hadn't done horrid shit to earn the title before.

"So, you want out? How far you willing to go for freedom, Mcflurry?"

Passing!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 5:32:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHINY VANILLITE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WEAK ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ACID ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAUNT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICICLE SPEAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AVALANCHE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICICLE CRASH

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CASTFORM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FORECAST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WEATHER BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FIRE BLAST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWDER SNOW

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]MCFLURRY CAUGHT MR. MIME!