mclaren mcflurry
ice box where my heart used to be [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 7:12:10 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

mcflurry fell silent as she stormed forth, not even noticing the shiny vanillite she had passed by. instead, a castform revealed itself, clearly upset by the tremors the steelix had created —

before it, itself, became victim to a stone edge, the jutting rocks only accentuating the way mcflurry's entire body halted when the man came to his conclusion.

(there was a certain cold to her breath, now. it reeked of mega energy, laced in her very organs, like she overdosed on the essence itself.)

"r-r-r-rocket...?"

she turned to him with a dead serious face, like she would kill him where he stood for finding out that information. she very nearly ordered her steelix to begin a cave-in — before he showed his id.

"ki" was chu-e choi. she heard tales of the man. what he'd done. and frankly, she could give less than a shit. in her mind, she'd hurt people far worse than he ever had. worse, she felt every last drop of blood on her hands, and he probably didn't.

(to mcflurry, she was more of a monster because she hurt people and she was fully aware of it. and she kept doing it anyways.)

throwing a ball haphazardly behind her back at the pokemon, she marched up to the man, her once undiscerning eyes now filled with a mix of hatred and a haunted tiredness. she looked him in the eyes and spoke slowly, and suddenly, her steelix felt very big behind her.

"historically mcspeaking, genocide. d-d-down the list is murder, destruction, and just plain sh-sh-shit."

(the sudden and bloody disappearance of megalopan camps across hoenn was no secret. the ice left behind was a little more well-hidden, but never completely gone.)
 ● catching castform

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 7:38:12 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
If only the poor girl really knew about what he really was and how he felt about it. Sleep did not come easy to him for a reason, pleaded prayers to Cresselia whispered in the air for when he closed his eyes. Yet, yet, he felt this was not his story right now. This was Mcflurry's moment.

He did not flinch away or lash out at her anger. It was well deserved, after all. His Slowking stepped up as if to defend him. He raised his hand and ushered him back. Let her do what needed to be done and say her piece. Aloe looked unsure but went back to seeking out wild pokemon. Crushing the pink ice type with a psychic blast to sate his own frustration. Felt bad for what he had done and stolen an empty pokeball from his Trainer's belt. Aloe did not crave violence.

It was dead silent after she was done. Not a movement, not a breath. His eyes were steel. But then they softened, just slightly, something like regret or pity or another emotion that was equally sticky and uncomfortable.

"That won't make them let you go. That only makes them keep a firmer hold on you." And his voice was softer than it had been before, too. "I used to be like you. Then they took and took and took until I didn't have anything left."

Another pause.

"Are you willing to die to be free? Or will you let them scoop all the good out of you until you're a husk like I am?" It was not a threat or a promise. He did not want to hurt her, would not raise a hand to her even if she struck first. It was a warning of what was to come.

Catching ice cream!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,881 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2020 4:28:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BEARTIC APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICICLE CRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BRINE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]REST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FOCUS PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"]WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PILOSWINE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] THICK FAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICE FANG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ENDURE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AMNESIA
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FREEZE-DRY

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]MCFLURRY CAUGHT THE CASTFORM!
close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
it’s all winter here, even in august
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2020 2:24:42 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

mcflurry looked at the legend in front of her with anger, her cold breath escaping her body like she was a steam engine in winter. she dared him to say anything to her at all.

but all that was left was silence, damning silence. and the first thing he said wasn't pity, or commiseration — it was correction. it was confirmation of her worst fears.

when she drew another breath, it was shuddering, almost a sob.

steelix, understanding that this was a tense moment, grabbed some items (namely, poke balls) and left to go clear the rest of the cave.

"i-i... i don't know if i want to d-die. i don't know if i can. i still — i still have so much i'd be leaving behind, mc... but..."

mcflurry sniffled, her eyes watering. the walls shuddered with the sound of steelix likely removing another pokemon from the picture, but the world seemed to be a tiny little box for mcflurry right now.

(steelix, had, in fact, fought another pokemon. the first iron tail didn't do it, so as a flurry of fury swipes crashed against its hide, the iron snake roared as a stone edge finished off the beartic — before the serpent batted a poke ball at its body.)

"...what do i do? oh, god, wh-what do i have to do...?"
 ● catching beartic

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2020 3:12:27 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"You have to die."

The answer was simple.

"But that doesn't mean you have to be dead."

Or maybe not so simple.

Even if she didn't welcome it, he was a stranger aside from all the other reveals that had happened in the last few minutes, but Chu-e still reached out to place a firm but gentle hand on her shoulder. A poor attempt at comfort but it had never been his specialty to start with. He gave a squeeze and let her cry herself out. While he did so, Aloe chased after Steelix, with much the same intention and reason; there was little the Slowking could do the two humans and there were still dangers deeper in the tunnel. Like the the Piloswine, who took two strong Water Pulses to take down and managed to land a lucky Take Down. Aloe still used one of his pilfered pokeballs on it, like he had on the Vanillite.

Chu-e reached into his bag again, not having to look as deep as before, and pulled out another ID; a badge. He hesitated a moment before he offered it to her for a look. "What I'm showing you... I mean this, not as a sickly little man in a cave, but as the man who relished in murdering two cities- if you tell anyone, especially anyone from Rocket, I'll make sure what happens to you looks like an accident." And the smoothness in the way he said it was too eerie. A glimpse of something dark underneath.

The badge was one belonging to 'Ji-Hoon Ki'. The photo matched Chu-e, if much younger than pictured. A League badge, the kind that higher ranking officers get. "I'm a fucking narc, Mcflurry. I always was. And if you really, genuinely want out of Rocket, if you feel bad about all the shit you've done... I can help you get out. Because two years ago, I died, too."

"But you better know that it's not instant, it's not easy, and you'll have to give up everything you have now. Mcflurry needs to die for you to be free. That doesn't mean you need to." A pause. "And if you waver, or if you don't think you can't do that, or I think you've double crossed me... I'll take care of things so you won't have to worry about it any more."

He offered her his hand. That raw desperation he had seen... Chu-e didn't think she would do any of the things he said. He didn't think he would have to end her. It he had thought that, he wouldn't have shown her the badge at all. He just needed her to understand that making a deal with the devil had consequences.

grabbing piloswine
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,881 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2020 6:49:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HIPPOPOTAS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND STREAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DIG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SAND TOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SEISMITOAD APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] POISON TOUCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAIN PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYPER VOICE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA RING
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROUND

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2020 22:09:20 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

the thought of dying in identity was... terrifying, to say the least. mcflurry never did put much value in her personality, her mark on the world, and yet —

she had her parents. her friends back in fiore. she had fans wanting to hear her play the piano again. she had people in hoenn, too. and thinking of losing that was...

she let a few tears escape as she trudged through the icy grounds, hiccupping and sniffling. she didn't want to lose all that. lose herself. she wasn't sure if she could live through that burder. wasn't sure if she was desperate enough, even.

but that felt selfish, didn't it? why should she get to die the easy way, when she'd ripped the life away from so many other people permanently? what made her better than them?

she tried to calm down as she took in what chu-e was telling her. that he died, too. that if she told anyone, he'd kill her. that he'd died like she would have to.

she slowly accepted the losses, in her mind. her parents and friends would mourn. her fans would mourn, and move on. the people in hoenn didn't know her that well. but.

just as she was about to take chu-e's hand, she hesitated, pulling back a fraction.

there was just one thing that would make her turn into a monster, that she'd be happy to turn into a monster, if only she could keep them.

"i — i-is there any way for me to keep... m-my pokemon? p-please. they're — they're the only th-things i h-have left. i d-don't want to mc, mcdie if i can't..."

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 23:56:34 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Well, that would depend on how you 'went', I guess." There wasn't any reason to lie about it. "Before I 'died', I had no choice but to make sure all my pokemon went to good homes. I was lucky I had that choice. But, I also thought I was going to die for real, so..." He trailed off.

"But if you're willing to trust me to kill your self, you could store your pokeballs at my place until the new you is ready to pick them up." He frowned a little. "A person ending up dead all alone, letting their pokemon 'go' as a desperate act to make sure they lived... well, it's not unusual, is it? Not like anyone would miss or look for them. And if someone else had those same pokemon? Who would even notice?"

As for her internal debates and struggles, well, that was more on her and something he was less able to help with. He had his own demons to battle.

"I guess your choice is this... we could rip it off fast, like a bandage. Or you can take a little time to think this over and put a few affairs in order. This is 'your' cave, and my old memories hide here, so it's not like we can't find one another."

skip!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,881 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 4:32:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CRABOMINABLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] IRON FIST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICE PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ICE HAMMER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PURSUIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WIDE GUARD

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CLAYDOL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HYPER BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SELF-DESTRUCT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PSYBEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWER TRICK

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 23:41:28 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

"i... i."

the pressure. holy shit, the pressure was starting to kill her. she'd have to fake her death? she'd have to disappear forever? just like that? and — and the likelihood of being found out, all of it being for nothing —

mcflurry's heart quickened, and it felt like it was pounding into her throat. the world suddenly felt far, far smaller. like she was trapped in a little ice box trying to crush her. tears started to build up again as her retracted hand curled into a fist, white-knuckled, shaking —

and then she grit her teeth and whistled, and as the entire cavern shook, mcflurry shook her head, holding back her sobs, her face more than red from the sheer intensity of all her emotions.

"i-i'm sorry. i'll — i need a moment. i don't — i don't want to —"

before she could even finish her sentence, her own steelix seemed to swallow her whole into its mouth, and she disappeared within the snake pokemon. the steel-type levelled a glare at chu-e before digging upwards, providing a quick escape — at the cost of more of the cave actually crumbling and shifting, the tremors being felt across the walls.

———

weeks later, on new year's eve, in the darkness of her own home, mcflurry did not resolve to get out of rocket no matter the cost.

instead, she resolved to try to save herself. every part of herself.

"i don't want to die," she whispered, like a mantra.
 ● skip ● ending thread

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,881 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 3:08:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]THE CRABOMINABLE FLEES!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] IRON FIST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICE PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ICE HAMMER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PURSUIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WIDE GUARD

[attr="class","wildnote"]BOTH OF YOU RECEIVE 10 PD!