Zac Ramsay
Getting Comfey [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 1:45:49 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Getting Comfey
Fortree City | Date

THEME

Zac couldn't sit at the freezing tables any longer. Not with his hands so damn cold and with so many fun events around!
His second date hadn't shown up yet (thought Zac was a few minutes early), so he quickly scribbled a note on his place card and headed off for the games stalls. 
    The main street of Fortree had been transformed into a carnival-esque row of games and fun couples activities, and Zac stopped by the mulled wine booth before heading off to find something fun for them to do.
    Comfey toss, Goldeen scooping, they even have a Madam Absol's Love Tester set up! Zac thought in surprise as he walked past the events. Something to keep us up and moving sounds like the way to go though.  
    Clutching his steaming mug of wine, Zac headed over to the Comfey toss stall to wait for his date. 

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,340 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Getting Comfey [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2020 4:48:52 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he dressed all nice for the event, as well as made sure he's looking nicer and spiffier than usual. he's here to meet interesting and attractive people, and finding out there's none people brought an initial panic.

reading the note, he quickly sprints off and goes to where hee was supposed to meet him. finding him took him a while since he doesn't know the man, but he does eventually locate him.

"why are you here instead of there?!"

priam runs up to the stall, catching his breath as he approaches zac. he slumps and gets his hands on his knees as he sees him line up for a game, deep breaths busying him for a while to keep him from talking. he raises a single finger up to substitute from talking too much..

"let me just... catch my breath..." he raises his head up, still panting heavily. "why'd you leave? i got so lonely in there, like i'm having a deja vu or something."

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Getting Comfey [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2020 3:48:16 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Getting Comfey
Fortree City | Date

THEME

"Sorry about the scare mate," Zac said, sticking out a huge, wine-warmed hand to shake with his date. "You're Priam then? Fantastic to meetcha. Did you really dress up for me?" he asks. Zac had worn his nicest (and warmest) casual clothes, complete with a very gaudy golden explorer's jacket that Delibird had delivered during his last date. "Sorry about the runaround. I just couldn't stay at that freezing table anymore." 
    Zac held out an extra mug of mulled wine and three Comfey rings by way of apology. "Wanna have a go? I haven't had a lot of luck so far."

The Comfey toss stall was set up like a classic carnival ring toss, only with the added difficulty of using a living pokemon. Contestants had to toss the floaty fairies and try to land them on poles stationed a good 10 metres away. Each pole had a prize associated with it.

Please indicate which prize you are aiming for and then use the ROLL command to throw. You have THREE rings, so please roll 3 times.

Prizes:
  • Plush Pokemon [40+]
  • Free food tickets [60+]
  • Drifblim ride for two [75+]
  • Mystery Gift [90+]
  • Snom [100] - GRAND PRIZE

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,340 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Getting Comfey [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2020 4:56:48 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"yeah! who did you think i am? i'm the cream of the crop out of that roster!" the spunk he shows eventually waters down until it turns to bashfulness. he realizes that, unlike his partner, he forgot about his name. "y-yeah... nice to meetcha too, mister...?"

he finally manages to get back to his feet fast, standing straight back again in no time as a testament to his vigor and boundless energy. as he waits for zac to continue priam's statement, his eyes wander to the game. zac's explanation fills every question he has in his head.

"ah, i'm a master of this game. you should've waited for me before you did this! let me show you the skills of priam conrad." he pulls up his sleeve and flexes his arm. "watch me."

he rushes to the stall, almost pushing himself against the counter. "gimme a try!" he shouts at the attendant, who gives the loud boy what he wants. he spins one of the rings in his finger before he tosses them at each target one at a time, each of them thrown with flair and overconfidence.

N7c_C9Dm

··
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Getting Comfey [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2020 9:21:18 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Getting Comfey
Fortree City | Date

THEME

"Whoa! Now that's one hell of a style you've got there." Zac said, as Priam's through flew across the booth and settled gently on the 90+ point prize stick. 
    "Congratulations!" said the booth-runner. "You've won the Mystery Gift!He ducked below the counter and pulled out an envelope. it was sealed with the wax image of a Comfey. "Here you are," he said, sliding the paper across the counter to the pair. "Two VIP passes to events for the rest of the evening. Just flash these at any of the booths and you can get whatever you want."
    Zac whooped in excitement. "What a legend! not often you meet a man with such determination and discerning aim. Bet you're pretty fearsome out in the field too," Zac said, mentally ticking off some boxes.
    "Well lets give these babies a whirl. Where do you wanna go next? The Haunter House, the Ferroseed Wheel, or Madam Absol's Love Tester?" Zac took a deep drink of his wine, finishing off the mug. "Or did you have something else in mind?"

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,340 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Getting Comfey [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2020 17:55:20 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"hell yeah!" he joins after zac's own cheers for priam.

he pumps his fist in the air in excitement, snatching up the tickets from the hands of the booth's attendant. he takes one quick glance at it, giving up on reading the entirety of the text that included disclaimers written on it, before showing it to zac with pride.

"look! i got the good shit right here!"

he quickly returns it to his person, holding it up close for the second time. the reminiscent smile from the joy of winning something from a game carries over to his mood as he ponders from the choices given to him by zac.

"love tester... love tester! yeah, let's try that!"

he grabs zac by his wrist and tries to drag him deeper into the carnival before he stops in his tracks. he turns arounds, chuckles awkwardly, and then drops his hold of him. "where's that again?" he asks.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Getting Comfey [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2020 2:55:13 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Getting Comfey
Fortree City | Date

THEME

"Yeah no worries mate, this place can be a bit of a maze but I walked past it earlier." Zac lead Priam the rest of the way to the love tester. They stopped outside of a black and white tent that seemed to be emanating a dark energy. There was a single attendant outside, dressed in flowing robes and a hood with one black horn poking from the side. There was a sign next to him listing the cost, as well as a disclaimer.

~~ Madam Absol's Love Tester ~~
    Can your connection survive a brush with disaster?
    All readings final

They flashed their VIP badges to a strangely dressed attendant and walked inside. Inside the tent was a candle-lit hallway, and they continued on until they were stopped just outside the inner room. "There are already people in there I guess." Zac said, and as they waited he overheard snippets of what was happening inside through the thick black curtain. 
    "-touch the horn-" 
    "-visions of your future-"

There was silence for a few moments, and then a scream. A young woman came running out from beyond the curtain and almost ran into Zac. "Whoa! You okay?" he asked, but she was too distraught for words. Her eyes were wide with fear and tears streamed down her cheeks. She pushed past Zac and ran for the exit. Another young woman emerged from the room and ran past after her. "No! Amber! It's all just a carnival game, come back!"

There was a soft cackle from inside, and the attendant ushered the pair through into the love tester room. Inside, an ancient old woman sat in a cracked wooden chair. Next to hair stood an Absol. The creature's eyes bored into Zac, and he shivered

"Are you ready then? Zac and Priam? For a taste of disaster? Simply touch the Absol's horn, and you will be granted visions of your future together."

"Hell yeah we are!" Zac said, and he grasped the horn.

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,340 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Getting Comfey [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2020 18:39:58 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
visions start to form in priam's head as soon as he touches the absol's horn. it was surreal, different from a dream as it feels like a figment of his imagination. still, there's an uncanny similarity to reality that priam wouldn't be surprised if it was to indeed happen in the future.

everything starts with an explosion.

yells of panic from trainers frantically commanding their pokemon fill the air. shouts of pokemon moves and instructions being carried over attempt to overpower the noise of destruction.

it's a common occurrence at hoenn at this point, but one hardly ever gets used to it.

zac's name gets yelled, although the man never moved from his spot as he hunkers down to aid those grouping up with him. priam runs ahead without regard of his surroundings. his finger pointing at various directions can easily be seen, with his pokemon firing their moves accordingly.

it's another warfront, though both of them clearly have different objectives to follow.

priam subconsciously pulls out his hand, shuddering. his expression remains disturbed, albeit not horrified or scared. he shakes his hand, as if he touched something hot, as he waits for zac to turn to his attention back to him.

"h-how accurate is this thing anyways?!" he shouts in disbelief.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Getting Comfey [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2020 2:15:54 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Getting Comfey
Fortree City | Date

THEME

Zac grabbed the horn, and saw his death. 

Devastation, as alien monsters tore through a city. The invaders' attacks sliced through fighter, friend, and foundation alike. Buildings fell like concrete redwoods, and landed with deep, resonant booms that Zac felt in his molars. He is covered in mortar dust, still-warm blood soaking deep into his Delibird-gifted jacket.  
    Zac grabbed the body of some fallen fighter and dragged them to cover. They looked familiar. Not to Zac but to this Zac. He tried to will them back to life, doing whatever passes for medicine in his mind. 
    Nearby, others still battled the menace. The faces were blurry, but one stands out, even from across the battlefield. Priam? Zac thought. From far away it looked like him, but something was different. When did he get those scars?
    Zac felt something change around him. A shudder in the air as something, someone pulled away from the fight. Left Zac alone to fend for himself in this nightmare.
    And then Zac's friend was gone. Not dead but just gone.
Priam had disappeared from the battle in a twist of reality.

Somewhere far away Zac gripped the horn tighter. 

The vision shifted. The air was boiling hot, and it seared Zac's skin. No, boiling is too gentle, it was searing hot. Flecks of magma splattered down around them as he and Priam faced off against each other on the bank of a lake of lava. The peak of Mt. Mortar?
    Zac looked around at the shattered bodies of his Pokemon. Heliolisk, Steelix, Rhyperior, Clawitzer, Turtonator, Flygon.
His whole team, strewn around limply on the rocky juts or half in the pool of magma that bubbled restlessly nearby. There had been a battle here, and it was almost over.
    It was a vision of the future, and a bleak future, as Priam advanced alongside his sole remaining Pokemon: Samurott

"This is it, Ramsay," called the shadow-Priam over the hiss and rumble of the lava.
    "It doesn't have to be," Zac answered as he backed away from the pair. "You can still join us Priam. There is still good in you!"  
    "The Priam you thought you knew is dead. You saw to that," spat the shadow-Priam, and he motioned to Samurott. The Pokemon drew his leg-sword, a great blade of bone that trailed darkness and emanated a deep, shuddering loss.
    Zac bumped up against the rim of the volcano. Zac looked into Priam's eyes, and saw only the dispassionate, disconnected look of someone who has had something crack at the very core of their being. What did I do to you? Zac thought, searching those void eyes for hope. "Priam no, I-"
    Samurott lunged, and his bone sword drove through Zac's chest, shearing his ribs and burying itself two-feet deep in the rock wall behind him. Zac shuddered, words lost on his lips. The last thing he saw were Priam's eyes, tear-less in the volcanic heat.

Zac let go and jerked back from the horn, the hand going straight to the phantom wound in his chest. He was kneeling on the floor, with Priam beside him. How long was that vision? 

He could breathe. He could breathe and he wasn't dying. His hands shook, and he coughed, expecting blood. Am I in shock?
    Priam was talking to him. Saying something. Asking if he was okay? Maybe. Zac could see his lips move, but all he could hear was a rushing, whooshing sound. He was deafened by the sound of his own breathing.
"I, uh, I need to go..." Zac mumbled, waving away any help as he staggered for the door. Need to go sit down. Need to go think. Need to go throw up. I need to get away from him. 

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,340 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Getting Comfey [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 19:18:16 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the misconception was that they both experienced the same vision. it wasn't that bad in priam's perspective, although his version of it was already something he thought would be bad for something that was supposed to be for fun.

he expects the ending for the both of them to just be laughing at it in the end, where no harm was done for either of them and they just end up writing it off as a scam. his heart rate races, and it wasn't because of the terrifying scenes shown to him by the absol's horn.

"h-hey! where're you goin'?" he asks, panic starting to make his voice falter.

priam stays in his spot for a moment as he watches the older man get away from him from the scene. he's too bewildered to say something the moment he leaves, and out of his natural tendency to be polite, he lets him walk off before actually reacting to it.

"i'm not that bad, right?" he turns to the attendant as he tries to get validation in some form. "i'm at least a seven!"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga