[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
mistletoe matching: 2

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
She's strapped skates to her heels, and yet she hesitates at the edge of the ice rink. There are hundreds of people enjoying themselves, paired off for their Mistletoe Matching event. Her fingers grip the ledge and she seems forlorn and lost in thought, perhaps a little bit nervous or afraid.[break][break]

She wears mittens, but there isn't any real reason behind it. She isn't the least bit cold, and the reason she doesn't step onto the ice if three parts fear of melting the rink and ruining everyone's fun, and one part worry that her date might not find her.[break][break]

Stormy glances over her shoulder, briefly scanning the crowd for anyone bearing the same number tag as herself.[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ice rink [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2020 3:34:43 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it's storms, pog!"

kyle approaches her from behind, tapping her shoulder once before moving beside her at the edge of the rink. his hands were hidden inside the pockets of his hoodie, the hood itself covering his head. cargo shorts and sneakers contradict the flow of his outfit, as well as break immersion from the event being one for dating.

he watches the people within the rink before he turns to stormy, cocking his head to the side. he takes note of her skates before he smiles and shrugs his shoulders, starting the conversation himself.

"do you skate? i actually know how to skate believe it or not."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
ice rink [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2020 5:30:06 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"Did someone just say p--"[break][break]

Stormy startles when something taps her shoulder, but it happens so quickly that when she glances over her shoulder, the person closest to her is Kyle Lopez, and his hands are in his pockets. She squints, suspicious.[break][break]

Her sudden movements encourage her to lose her balance, and she clings to the side of the rink with fervor as she pulls her legs back under her.[break][break]

"You know how to skate?"[break][break]

Though she isn't really surprised, even though her eyes are wide as she looks him up and down. [break][break]

"Does it look like I skate? Because it doesn't feel like I can skate."[break][break]

She pulls her heavily mittened hand up to her face, but struggles to brush the hair out of her mouth. It sticks to her lip, tickling her until she makes a face and blows a raspberry. The hair remains despite this.[break][break]

"Did you want to teach me?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ice rink [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2020 12:07:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he had enough time to learn how to skate in johto, though most of his knowledge comes from the necessity of traversing through the ice path near blackthorn during his time as a gym trainer. it's been a while since he's had practice on it, though.

"i'm a bit rusty, but learning with others is usually more effective than trying it alone, i think."

a man that staffs for the event hovers over the pair and reaches for kyle as he overhears the topic. he hands him a pair of skates, which kyle promptly wears.

he drops down to immediately replace his shoes with the skates, untying them and then fitting them quickly. "only if you let me," he cheekily answers. the tie on the lace is as crude as it gets with kyle's hasty approach on the matter.

he looks up to stormy with a grin. "damn, that was a good line! i sounded like a protagonist in a romance manga right there, right?" kyle gets himself up steadily afterwards.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
ice rink [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2020 16:28:20 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"I thought it might impress my date, but uhh.. it's only going to serve to embarrass me, instead."[break][break]

She laughs, attention shifting briefly to the man handing Kyle a pair of skates. She watches him strap them on, and then she pauses to look at her own haphazard attempt to tie her own. Together, they nearly make a competent human being.[break][break]

But it is his cheeky answer that elicits a flush of warmth from Stormy's face, followed by a surprised intake of air.[break][break]
Before she can interject and come back with something less witty and more heated, Kyle is grinning and laughing at his own smooth line.[break][break]

"Yeah.. sure. But I'm not those airheaded chicks in the manga that that works on. You'll have to try harder than that, pretty boy."[break][break]

She shakes her head before holding out a mitted hand.[break][break]

"Well? Show me how it's done?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ice rink [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2020 19:27:26 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he releases a chuckle. "alright, alright."

he steps on the ice, getting a feel for skating first. it's been a while since his last attempt so he had to make sure he doesn't embarrass himself. he turns to stormy and holds his hand out for her.

"i'm not an expert so don't expect anything fancy."

he'd probably not do anything fancy anyways even if he was indeed an expert.

as soon as she takes his hands, he'd start to drift off from the edge of the rink to the center, bringing both of them away from the handrails skirting around the rink.

"are you tense?" he'd ask. "people usually say you should just relax when you do things like this, but that advice is usually kinda bullshit if you think about it."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
ice rink [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2020 0:49:51 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
She smirks, waiting and watching as he steps out onto the ice. Honestly, she's floored by the fact that his ankles don't flop, his hands don't fly up over his head, and that he isn't already ass-down on the ice, winded and bruised. No, she had not been imagining it, that would be rude.[break][break]

But then he's holding his hand out to her, breaking her amusing imagery, and she hesitates a moment before taking it. [break][break]

"Oh, so you're telling me that this entire time, when I wrote your name down as Kyle 'Fancy' Lopez, I was wrong? You're humiliating me, Kyle. Those were incredibly important documents! Does this mean you haven't been getting my letters?"[break][break]

He asks her if she's tense, but he can probably figure out from how tightly she's gripping both of his hands by the fingers that she is, in fact, incredibly tense. She even appears to be holding her breath, positively shaking now that she isn't attached to something stable and immobile like the edge of the rink. Not that Kyle wasn't steady, he just was a human being who could very easily leave her behind out on the ice.[break][break]

"Uhh--"[break][break]

She wants to respond, but her train of thought fizzles out immediately in her fight to focus on not unlocking her knees.[break][break]

"It definitely.. sounds like bullshit."[break][break]

Movement behind Kyle's arm catches her eye, and she tilts her head slowly (for fear any sudden movements will spell her falling down) to see a group of Delibird wandering out onto the ice. It amuses her greatly to find that they are just as clumsy, if not more so, than she is. One slips, slamming into the one in front of it until a four-Delibird pile-up bumps into the back of Kyle's feet. [break][break]

"Oh look, Kyle, even the Delibird have come out to play."[break][break]

She glances up, however, her attention attracted by something hovering just above them. It appears that several Delibird in the area are flying around, carrying bundles of mistletoe. They've chosen several couples out on the ice, including Kyle and Stormy.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ice rink [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 4:25:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"should've stuck with 'dog boy' or something," he chuckles.

he watches stormy struggle with stabilizing herself on top of the ice, clearly amused by the show. "the smaller the strides you take, the easier it is," he casually adds to stop himself from showing any signs of giggling.

the delibird scooting right behind his leg distracts him, attracting his attention effectively. hands still on stormy, he turns his head around to watch the group of pokemon do their thing.

"do you think they have gifts for us?" he asks stormy before directing his words to the group of pokemon. "hey, do you have gifts?"

he remains oblivious to the mistletoe they carry, thinking them more as random objects they just carry around as toys. piles of mismatched socks, rocks and sticks in his house were a testament to his experience with such.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
ice rink [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 5:08:46 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"Is there only one dog boy in all of Hoenn? I find that incredibly hard to believe."[break][break]

She smirks, shaking her head and narrowing her eyes at the man.[break][break]

However, in her doing so, she loses her sense of balance, fingers gripping the man's wrists tighter. He would be able to feel her warmth even though her mitted hands as embarrassment floods her system with her avatar fire.[break][break]

"The smaller the strides, huh? When have you ever known me to do anything with 'small' in the name?"[break][break]

She pants, heart hammering from her near-spill. But it gives her time to glance behind his arm just as he does - though she makes a point to comment on his lack of attention to her anyway.[break][break]

"Hey! Pay attention, or we might both fall!"[break][break]

Yes, she had just told him to look, and yes, she was immediately doubling back on that as a bad idea. [break][break]

But he's already inquiring about gifts, and Stormy glances up above them to spot the Delibird holding the mistletoe. She raises her eyebrows in surprise, gesturing with her chin for him to take a peek. However, given his obliviousness to it earlier when he'd given it a look, she guesses that he has no idea what it is they're holding.[break][break]

"And now you're just gonna leave a girl hanging by not indulging the Christmas mistletoe tradition? Kyle Lopez, what you are is a dumb dog boy."[break][break]

She grabs hold of his scarf, assuming he's wearing one, to pull him down to her level. She's smirking, a mischievous glint to her eye, as she leans forward to plant a long-lasting smooch against his cheek, just close enough that her lips - and the fire behind them - brush the corner of his own.[break][break]

"Merry Christmas, Kyle. Now take me back to solid ground, that isn't slippery before I hurt myself."[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ice rink [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 11:51:42 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"huh?"

his face freezes in a nervous smile. it takes him a while to process everything, only managing to peace it together with stormy's explanation. it softens to a more natural one afterwards, snickering at his own ignorance of his surroundings.

"that's hot," he jests, although maybe not appropriate given the context. does this count as cheating with noah? probably not.

kyle slides and drags both of them in a circle before he takes both of them back to the edge they came from. he keeps his strides small, as per what he said, and the trip takes longer than what it normally would had kyle done it by himself.

"i'm more worried of what will happen if you slip. would the entire ice rink melt?"

reminded of his friend's abilities with the kiss, he makes a jab of it as he makes use of what little time they have left for their round to continue a meaningless conversation.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga