Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Transient Vision [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2020 10:45:05 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
Leaning on the railing, his chocolate eyes stared out over the faux snow covering the tree house city of Fortree. One of the few things he missed about Galar was the snow. Cold weather was a great reason to huddle up next to a fireplace with a mug of hot cocoa and settle in with a good book. It was how he had spent many a Galarian winter.
[break][break]
But Hoenn was a much hotter climate, so fools like Balder had to resort to such fakery. A cup of hot cocoa in this environment would probably make him feel sick. Yet he had chosen this region himself. Really he had to ask himself why. It felt like he had had nothing but trouble since coming here. Every situation turned into a disaster.
[break][break]
He got into way more trouble than he ever did back home. Perhaps it was just bad luck. An alien invasion in the middle of his summer vacation counted as bad luck, right? To add to the ever growing 'fuck this' list, his last date had been with a lady could have been his aunt. Now that he stood at the next meeting spot, he wondered what reject Schwartz would saddle him with this time.
[break][break]
Closing his eyes, he exhaled.
[break][break]
''Can just one thing not be a cluster fuck?'' The whispered question was posited to no one.

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

--

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Transient Vision [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2020 3:52:54 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
*tap tap tap*

Hideo steadily made his way towards the meeting point, his cane tapping against the ground.

The change in temperature was slight, but for someone who lived their whole life in Hoenn, he noticed it pretty clearly; instead of his usual shorts and jumper combination, he wore jeans and a couple layers of shirts: a white collared shirt underneath a striped sweater. Both weather-appropriate and semi-formal; perfect for the occasion!

By his side was his Elgyem, his hand raised high enough so the boy could hold it. The only change to his appearance was a black bowtie wrapped around his neck. Someone had to guide him to the meeting point - it was a fairly specific spot.

Hideo was giddy; even if this wasn’t going to be a romantic date, it was still going to be his first date. He had no idea who it was going to be with either, and the anticipation was hard for him to contain.

As they got close, he could tell one thing that Elga was telling him: familiarity. There was someone here, and they were someone he’d met before, and made enough of an impression that Elga would remember. But who was it?

Well, wouldn’t hurt to introduce himself anyways. He’d probably find out soon enough..

Hello there!” he said, slowly approaching, a wide grin on his face as he waved with the hand holding Elga’s a moment ago, “If you’re waiting here...I take it you’re the one I’m meeting?

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Transient Vision [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2020 0:54:30 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

No. It can't be. When he heard the tapping on the ground, his heart sank. As he stood from the railing and turned, his fears were confirmed. Fuck. It's Hideo. Andy couldn't believe it. It wasn't that he was disappointed for himself, he was disappointed for the other boy. Doubtless this was pretty early in his 'dating' career.
[break][break]
And he got Andy Blackadder.
[break][break]
By default, he assumed the blind boy was into girls, like ninety percent of any population. So this was going to be a big let down. Hideo looked like he as positively glowing too. Andy bet it was his first date ever. Something felt like it was crawling around in him. It was perhaps the first time in his life that he felt ashamed of being himself.
[break][break]
''Man.'' There was a pause after the smaller boy's question as he searched his head for what to say. ''Hey Hideo. Looks like you got the short straw today.'' A brief but awkward chuckle escaped him. ''There really was no age limits on sign-ups, eh? Shit. At least you didn't get someone three times your age like I did for my first.'' Leaning back against the railing he resigned himself to this.
[break][break]
''You ever been on a date before?'' There was something about the tone of his question. Please say 'yes.' The first date with Michiko felt off, but this seemed too cruel, and not even cruel to him. His opinion of Balder was not improving, but with some effort Andy attempted to sweep the bitterness aside and tried to plot out how to squeeze out a good time for Hideo.

--

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Transient Vision [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2020 2:36:15 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

Hideo awkwardly stood there, waiting for a response, doing his best to keep his smile up. He trusted that Elga wasn’t deceiving him - he’d never done so before - so was he supposed to be meeting with someone else?

But just before he’d ask Elga if this was the right person, said person spoke. That voice was familiar, and it took a little longer of hearing him speak (and hearing his rough vocabulary) to remember who it was.

Andy!?” This, he did not expect; how could he anticipate meeting Andy like this? It was already sheer chance that they met the first time around, but this time? Had to be one in a million!

Hideo’s smile didn’t falter. If this was gonna be his first date, then so be it! He was gonna do his darndest to make this a good one! Didn’t matter who it was with!

Though it wouldn’t hurt to be honest; Andy sounded (and acted) older than him, so he might have some more experience with dating (other than the woman 3x his age). “Nope! My first one! I was a little busy, so I got in late for this speed dating stuff.

There was a good chance that Andy wasn’t sure where to take him; he had enough mentors struggle with what to do with a blind kid. Maybe he could use a suggestion. “Know any karaoke places around here we can go to? I’m not that familiar with Fortree. Only ever been in Slateport, so I dunno where things are around here.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Transient Vision [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2020 21:40:38 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

It sounded like Hideo was just as surprised as he was. Still, he didn't look any less pleased, which puzzled him. Andy still sank a bit when the other boy confirmed that this was indeed his first date. Now he had to make up for the fact that he didn't posses a vagina. When Hideo suggested karaoke, he visually balked, though it made sense after a moment.
[break][break]
What else can you do? Take him to an arcade? A movie? He can't see that shit. Straightening his shirt, he realized that this was likely the best bet he had for any real entertainment. ''I ain't got the best singing voice,'' while he wasn't bereft of talents, vocals wasn't one of them, especially with his cracking teenage voice box.
[break][break]
''But I guess I can give that shit a shot.'' Pulling his phone from his pocket, fingering the keys elicited subtle bonking noises to indicated that he was actually typing. After a few seconds of staring at the screen he spoke again. ''There's a sushi bar not far from here that has karaoke too. That suit?'' His chocolate eyes flicked between Hideo and his pokemon.
[break][break]
''Did you, uh, want me to lead the way?'' Somehow he imagined having an actual person to guide you would be more efficient than a pokemon, though he didn't want to come off as insulting by offering to drag the younger boy around by the hand either. It was something else actually having to care about what another person thought.
[break][break]
He wasn't sure he liked it.

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Transient Vision [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2020 17:02:30 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
“Don’t matter if you can sing or not! Just matters if you give it your all and have fun doing it!” Because that’s what a date was about, right? Having fun? He wasn’t too sure; what he was taught about dates (from his NEET sister) was they were basically fun hangouts with people you like, where you got to know them better.

Fortunately, Andy sounded like he was all for it. Even found a place for them to go to. “Sounds like a plan to me! We can get a meal and music!” The two vital components to a date - so he was told. “You can lead the way. Elga and I can follow you there...unless you want to guide me there yourself?

Hideo outstretched his hand towards Andy, trying his darndest not to snicker - and failed pretty badly. Andy wouldn’t have to lead him by the hand if he didn’t want to - Hideo could just hold on to Elga’s hand on the way there.

The karaoke venue itself was a modest setup; a bar area where people could order sushi (or drinks), a few tables for people to sit at, and a large area for the karaoke setup. The entire place would be fairly dim, save for the neon light bathing the area. There was a gaggle of people already there, but there was plenty of space for the pair (and Pokemon) to take; Hideo would follow his lead for where they’d sit.

And no sooner would they sit down, would one of the employees announce that they were open for singing.

I can sing first, if you want. Not to brag, but I can sing some stuff preeeeeetty well!

He was totally bragging.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Transient Vision [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2020 3:21:11 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Initially, he considered doing something like guiding the other boy by shoulder. In the end that seemed rather stodgy, as if he were some authority figure leading away a delinquent. It was a situation he knew well from personal experience. It didn't take him but a hesitating second before he took Hideo's hand however. If he could hold Doug's hand, he could do this.
[break][break]
People probably wouldn't bat an eyelash at it, given that Hideo was obviously blind. Not to mention he was young enough no one would think anything uncouth was occurring. At least it didn't feel like they were an object of attention all the way to their destination. As soon at the planted their butts in a seat, it seemed the younger boy was rip roaring ready to go.
[break][break]
''Be my guest,'' he answered with a humorous exhale. ''You cool with magikarp sushi? Side of white sauce?'' It was Andy's preferred sushi behind krabby sushi, but he had just had krabby rangoon on his last 'date' so wanted something a little different. Unless Hideo wanted something else. Some people didn't like sushi at all.
[break][break]
None the less, while he waited he wondered what the other kid would sing, and how good it would sound. After all, Hideo had bragged on himself. Andy dreaded what his own performance. He rarely ever sang, unless he was in she shower. Typically those solo concerts were bad on purpose to amuse himself. Anxiously he waited to hear what would come.

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Transient Vision [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2020 4:28:17 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Anything magikarp’s good with me!” He was down for just about any type of sushi - it was a rare occasion for him to have any. His parents weren’t too keen on him eating uncooked food of any kind, so he was ready to indulge.

Just make sure there’s some left for me when I’m done~” he added, standing up from his seat. It would take him a little while to reach the karaoke stand; he had to be more careful indoors, tapping around with his cane to make sure he didn’t trip over anything. And Elga still followed him over, doing his best to guide Hideo along as well as move things out of the way for him.

He’d eventually find the stage - and with some help from Elga, the karaoke stand. The little psychic-type levitated himself on top of the boy’s shoulder, helping him search for a good song.

After a moment, they found it. With the confirmation made, Elga descended off the boy, taking a seat at a nearby empty table.

The lyrics would start almost immediately, paired with jazzy instrumentation. “♪Open the curtains, lights on, don’t miss a moment of this experiment. Oh the book is strange, like Clockwork Orange. Keep your eyes buttered ‘till the eeeeeend~

The song kept to a quick pace, with few breaks to breathe. The singing was near-constant, yet Hideo was able to nail every word, keeping to every note. There was a screen for people to read to help with the singing, but for obvious reasons, Hideo couldn’t use it - and he didn’t need to; he knew this song very well; the pitch of his voice matched it almost perfectly, though several of the lyrics made it clear it was supposed to be a girl singing.

The song went on for nearly three minutes, ending on a soft note. “♫What’s the colour of the electric sheep you see? And if you love me, can you love your everything too for meeeee?♪

It earned a round of applause from the other restaurant goers. Hideo put the mike back on its stand, a large smile on his face as he giggled; a flawless execution. Elga re-approached him, guiding him back to his chair with Andy. “You don’t gotta go immediately, but I do wanna hear you try it. As long as you give it your all, people’ll love it!

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Transient Vision [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2020 23:53:14 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

As Hideo left on his tenuous path towards the stage, he put in an order for a sixteen piece magikarp sushi platter. He doubted he could gobble down all of them before the boy returned from his foray into auditory entertainment. The large number of them would be insurance though. The song started off with both instrumentals and lyrics.
[break][break]
The jazzy sound was up his alley. A saxophone was one of his favorite sounds, and part of him was disappointed he had never attempted to learn to play himself. The lyrics sounded a little off to him as Hideo really got into the song. It wasn't the way he was singing them, but they way they were written. He got the impression that they were translated from another language.
[break][break]
Lines like 'keep your eyes buttered' made him arch an eyebrow. It was an interesting turn of phrase. Only briefly distracted by the arrival of his sushi and its accompanying sauce, his chocolate eyes stayed on the singing blind boy. Andy had a sneaking suspicion that this wasn't his first time singing this particular song.
[break][break]
Keeping his ears open, he only looked away to grab up a sushi roll with his bare hands, dip it into the little container provided with the sauce, and cram the entire thing into his mouth like the Galarian barbarian that he was. When his date finished, he clapped, bits of sticky rice still clinging to his fingers. He was a slob for sushi.
[break][break]
''Grot wok.'' The compliment slipped out of his overstuffed mouth as Hideo retook his seat. There were still nine sushis on the plate. After the audible chewing, there came a gulp. ''Hey, where's that song from? You were really into it. I got a feeling you've been singing it before.'' Grabbing up another roll, he continued.
[break][break]
''I'm going to look like a fucking chump following talent like that.''

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Transient Vision [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 19:42:54 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo smiled at what he believed was a compliment muffled by sushi. “Glad you liked it!” he said, searching around for some of the sushi - and needing to be psychically-guided by Elga to find the plate.

Hideo took one piece and shoved it in his mouth, without dipping in sauce first, just in time for Andy to ask him where the song was from. He’d long-since mastered the art of eating and talking at the same time, so speaking wasn’t an issue for him.

I don’t really know where it’s from, to be honest. I hear it sometimes when my sister’s playing some games, or just when she listens to it for fun. She thought it’d be a good idea to teach me how to sing it, and well, I liked the song too.

Another piece of sushi lifted off the plate, this one enveloped by psychic energy. It floated down to Elga, who eagerly placed it where his mouth should be. The piece disappeared almost instantly as it was just pushed into his face, without a single stray piece of rice remaining.

It’s got some funny words and phrases to it, but it’s really catchy. I’m pretty surprised that it was on the list here; no karaoke places I’ve been to in Slateport had it. Or maybe it’s just something they added recently.” He shrugged, taking another piece of sushi and jamming it in his mouth.

He grinned when Andy tried to downplay his own ability. “Well, the only way to know is to find out. Give it a try, Andy~. I’m sure you’ll like it, and so will everyone else! Just give it your best shot!

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Transient Vision [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 0:11:42 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

As the other boy spoke, Andy eyed the psychic pokemon doing whatever devil magic it needed to consume one of the pieces of sushi. It was instances like this that really caused him to be unsettled by psychic types. If he was honest they were probably his least favorite type of pokemon. It didn't drop a single grain of rice.
[break][break]
Little unholy horror. He thought to himself. Hideo didn't notice due to the lack of physical sight. He'd probably get blamed for eating one extra too. There wasn't much time to dwell on it, for as soon as his date encouraged him to try it, the mic was again open, and it seemed there was a lack of volunteers. Swallowing his pride with the largest gulp imaginable, he stood.
[break][break]
Making his way towards the stage, a small spotlight followed his progress to let the other patrons that there was a taker. He wasn't fond of even this much fanfare. After getting up there and having the mic in hand he went through the selection to find a song. Like a fool, he picked the random option as his mind conveniently went blank while on the spot.
[break][break]
You Need A Hero was chosen by the computer. He blinked. That was one he hadn't heard of before. Before he had time to really react, the system started playing slow instrumentals, the intro heavy on the synthesizer. In between his panicked thoughts he figured this was something his mom or his aunt would listen to.
[break][break]
''T-There was a time in your life, when it was easier livin' all alone ~ ♪'' Reading the lyrics off the screen was a little awkward, but the white text filled with yellow to aid him in keeping pace. He was way off key for the song. ''Find yourself livin' on the edge of another reason why you can't go home ~ ♫'' With the sound tone of instruments and the lyrics thus far, he supposed this was a romantic song.
[break][break]
So he tried to sound... sexy.
[break][break]
It probably came off as more creepy.
[break][break]
''I got news for you, nothin's lost if what we have is love ~ ♪'' Some of the faces in the crowd looked amused, some indifferent, some annoyed. ''Just someone to catch you when you fall, is the only thing you wanted at all ~ ♫'' The synth dialed up and the chorus came in. ''You need a hero, someone to rescue you, yeah someone that you can run to ~ ♪''
[break][break]
Now he was getting into it, no longer caring how he looked. He started pointing into the crowd and gyrating his hips.
[break][break]
''You need a hero, someone to rescue you ~ ♫'' Of course not everyone was pleased with the performance. '' Don't run away, I'm waitin' to love yo – '' A shout came from the audience. ''You suck!'' Pointing in the general direction of the heckling. ''NO YOU SUCK! – just a heartbeat apart, closer than we've ever been before ~ ♪''
[break][break]
Thankfully, the rest of his performance continued unabated.

--

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga