awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
jurassic parkour [s]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2020 2:12:47 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
It was Arceusmas Eve, and Chryssa had decided to celebrate with a holiday movie viewing. Rather than going to a musical or a tree-farm romantic comedy or an animated children's special about Stantler, however, Chryssa had decided on a special midnight viewing of Jurassic Parkour, a classic stunt/fossil movie. She'd actually never seen it before, so she thought it was a good opportunity while she was in the area.

There was a burst of cold air as she entered the lobby and stopped in the doorway, holding the door open so the freezing wind dramatically blew her hair. "Well. Well. Well. Look who it is!" There was someone in line in front of her at the ticket booth-- a brawny someone with red hair who was impossible to miss. "You're here too! You must be a fellow fan of fossil Pokemon. One might say you might even... love them."

Chryssa let the door close and swept forward down the carpeted pathway to . This evening just got a little more interesting.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
jurassic parkour [s]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2020 2:23:05 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac heard a familiar, taunting, implication-laden voice from behind him. "Chryssa?" he asked, turning around. He wrapped his friend in a warm, holiday hug. "You could definitely say that I love fossil Pokemon," he agreed "though the way you say that makes me unsure if I want to agree to anything without a lawyer present."

He got his ticket, picked a butterscotch ice cream out of the Rotom freezer, and Mr. Rime lead the pair to their seats near the front of the cinema. "It's the perfect movie!" Zac said excitedly as they waited for the lights to dim. "Action, Pokemon, cool stunts, great special effects, guns," he said, listing the movie's virtues off on his fingers. He switched to the other hand. "Chadwick Bronstanton, a catchy theme, high-speed chase scenes, romance, and of course who could forget the orb ."
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
jurassic parkour [s]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2020 2:37:42 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
The sudden hug surprised her and Chryssa squirmed, cane trapped uncomfortably beneath one arm as the big man's hearty holiday hug threatened to snap her arms like toothpicks. "Eek!" she squeaked indignantly, grand entrance heavily undermined.

Following him to the concession stand, Chryssa ordered her popcorn as fast as she could, trying to get it before the bearded wonder could get out of sight. She snatched it and hurried after Zac with the buttery bag clutched in one hand, practically pole-vaulting after him and the Mr. Rime usher with her full weight on her cane. "Not so fast!"

There was almost no one else in the theater, so they had their pick of seats. I thought I'd be here alone, but this is a nice surprise. If the movie turned out to be boring, she'd have someone to do fake dinosaur voices with. She'd been practicing on the walk there.

The thud of dramatic music was a good start-- it felt like a jolt of adrenaline.

The movie started with some unidentified bamboo rustling in front of a team of workers armed with nervous-looking Pokemon. "Is this set in Alola?" Chryssa asked, interested in the tropical setting. "Oh my, it got him," she tittered, watching a man get pulled by the ankle into the bunker. "If those people were really his friends, they would have cut off his leg to save him. It's what I would do."
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
jurassic parkour [s]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2020 2:46:41 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Chryssa'a voice snapped Zac back to reality. He had been so engrossed in the movie that he had forgotten the whole reason he came here!
Zac sent out Zappa and VC, who scurried around before settling into chairs nearby. "I've got my own little reptiles but they can be a little...well lets just say I'm hoping some of the action will inspire them."

The dig scene is one of Zac's favourites. Chadwick Bronstanton is one of Zac's role models, and his monologue about the dangers of ancient Archen inspired a lot of Zac's early work. "-and that's when the attack comes, not from the front but from the sides-" says Chadwick, as he ramps his motorcycle over the dig site and lands in the helicopter.
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
jurassic parkour [s]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2020 3:09:20 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
"What's in the bag?" Chryssa asked, eyes shining as the camera focused in on a big brown leather bag held by an almost-identical white man in a fedora. "Aha! I've got it. It must be the Orb."

She settled back, giving a disappointed sigh as it turned out to be filled with distilled Pokemon embryos instead. "Alas. I was mistaken. The mystery of the Orb continues..." The idea of betting on the outcome of the movie percolated in the girl's mind, however, and she spoke up suddenly as Chadwick Bronstanton (?) pointed out the second helicopter incoming midair on a collision course. "Terrorists from ANTIFossil!" the main character yelled, sheltering the mathematician with his toned body. "Strap yourselves in, boys!"

"I have a fun idea," she said brightly, leaning in towards Zac. "What if we make this movie a little more interesting? Add some stakes."

She breathed in contentedly and settled back in her chair, putting her feet up on the seat in front of her. The music swelled and she closed her eyes to listen, reveling in the auditory experience. Zac hadn't been kidding-- the movie did have a good musical score.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
jurassic parkour [s]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2020 3:10:25 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

The music soared as the helicopter holding the main cast swooped towards the island.
"Oh! This is the bit!" Zac said, his voice high with excitement as he slapped the arm of Chryssa's chair. "This is the bit where-" gunfire cut through Zac's words as the scene cut to a group of rebel soldiers with machine guns.
"Oh shiiiiit, we're under some heavy fire from ANTIfossil. Reminds me of my time in the marines." says Excitera Maximo (Chadwick's wife and co-extreme-paleo-ologist). One of the rebels fired a rocket at the helicopter. It missed, but the helicopter exploded anyway and the surviving crew paraglided down into the untamed jungle. "Heh, lucky I stashed these here earlier," said Chadwick, as he ripped a camo tarp off a set of gun-mounted dirtbikes.

The crew mounted up, and Chadwick looked right into the camera as he put on his sunglasses.
"It's time to turn this Jurassic Park, into a Kickassic Park...our." he said, and Zac cheered, scaring Zappa who had been snoozing next to him. "ANTIfossil have been flying free too long," agreed Excitera "this payback has been 200 million years in the making."

"Oh? Stakes?" asked Zac, barely able to drag his eyes away from the extreme, fossil-finding action. Chryssa said something as another explosion rocked the cinema. "Yeah sure, sounds good."
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
jurassic parkour [s]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2020 3:42:22 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
"Yes! Stakes!" Chryssa agreed, eyes fixed on the screen as dirt bikes zipped past one after another, coasting into an impossibly green field with the threat of machine-gun fire right behind them. "Money. Influence. Distilled pokemon embryos." Chadwick and Excitera Maximo were riding up the back of a huge Aurorus with engines roaring, frills flaring on either side as they zipped almost vertically up the bronto's neck. "Check out those vertebrae, babe!" he yelled just as they jumped off its head, soaring into the air.

"Pokemon could be interesting, actually. Tell you what-- I'll make a prediction, and if I'm right, you have to give me a Pokemon. If I'm wrong, I have to give you a Pokemon." Chryssa's eyes narrowed and she turned to Zac, offering him a bright smile. "Deal?" She offered a small, slender hand to shake, fragile as a grenade.

"You son of a bitch, you did it!" the mathematician yelled on screen before ANTIfossil agents swarmed over him, the camera panning to show tears streaking his cheeks as he watched the beautiful scene of Chadwick and Excitera bridging the impossible leap.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
jurassic parkour [s]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2020 5:00:15 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

The action died down for a bit and Zac checked on his companions. "What do you think so far, isn't it great?" he asked Vibrava. The insect was lounging along the top of the three seats in front of Zac, and seemed to be enjoying the spectacle. The movie passed quickly through a few scenes of exposition, and they watched as a baby Archen clawed its way out of an egg, 4-inch talons ripping through the thin shell, as well as a nearby egg-ologist. Vibrava buzzing with excitement. "I knew you'd like it," Zac said.

He checked on Zappa, who had not been interested in the movie so far. "Come on buddy, at least try to look interested. I paid good money to see this. Along with the ice cream the whole thing almost cost-THE ICE CREAM!" Zac felt around in the darkness and located the half melted mass underneath his seat. "Uh, you hungry?" he asked, offering the cone to Zappa. The reptile licked its lips, suddenly more interested in the movie.
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
jurassic parkour [s]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 9:21:20 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
She sighed in annoyance when the creature hatching out of the egg turned out to be an Archen. She'd predicted Cranidos (not that Zac had been listening) but come to think of it, Cranidos eggs were probably much larger than the little ones on screen. "A miscalculation," she said, oozing malice. "You win this round, Zachary..." She didn't know if that was his full name, but it seemed likely.

Chryssa wasn't counting her guess from the bag earlier before they'd begun betting (Zac unknowingly) so she was one down. She'd decide which Pokemon she was giving up later. Right now, the main characters had just jumped their dirt bikes up to a giant, well-fortified compound. She watched, fascinated, as a huge tank of gasoline was lowered on straps down into the dino cage. The gleeful shrieks and guzzling sounds of Archen as they pierced the metal hull with their talons and slurped up the fuel resonated ominously through the theater.

"They're extremely intelligent," drawled the new character on screen, Inteleon. The lizard adjusted his hat. "Driving-intelligent. Especially the big one. I've seen her crank a stick shift up to fifth gear in eight seconds." A series of revving motor sounds came from below. "See that? They're testing the engines. But they never test the same one twice..."

"I bet they get out first," Chryssa said loudly. It seemed like a glaring plot point-- Archen were too small to do stunts off of anyway.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
jurassic parkour [s]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 11:45:55 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"You're crazy!" shouted the mathematician.
"Unsafe and wild, with no respect for the natural world," agreed Excitera.
"Yeah! Humans, living together with Fossils? The world has never seen something so wild before!" shouted Chadwick.
The three of them were looking at Inteleon across the lunch table.
"It's...it's...just so damn awesome!" Excitera said, slamming the table with her fist, and the others agreed. The mathematician fired his gun into the air. "Our mad skills plus their reinforced necks equals some seriously polynomial action," he added.
"I knew you'd like it," said the hatted reptile
"Like it?" Chadwick asked, as he turned and looked straight into the camera, "Muldoon it's to die for."
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
jurassic parkour [s]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 12:06:50 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
The red-haired man seemed completely absorbed in the contents of the film. It looked like Chryssa would have to wait to see if her prediction about the Archen was true-- Inteleon's two grandchildren, Sobble and Dwebble had just appeared. "They live, don't they? Movies from this era never kill off children," she said, shaking her head.

The plot continued as the main event began and Chadwick, Excitera, the mathematician and the derby referee all headed off into the extreme sports park on a series of rough-riding ATV's. This music is fantastic, Chryssa thought, relaxing back in her seat. She popped a handful of popcorn into her mouth.

"Arceus creates fossils. Fossils die. Arceus creates man," the mathematician intoned. He now sported a cool new eyepatch after fighting off the ANTIfossil rebels. The camera panned around to show the tracking bug implanted in the back of his neck.

"Man kills Arceus," Chryssa breathed, intent on the dialogue at the same time Excitera continued "Man creates dirt bikes. Man puts guns on dirt bikes. Dirt bikes become... EXTREME!" They zoomed past, weaving through the blobs of deadly acid spit by the Lileep.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
jurassic parkour [s]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 12:52:35 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

The gang skidded to a stop outside the Tyrantrum exhibit. "If we're gonna defeat ANTIFossil before that super-tornado makes landfall, then we need a bigger set of wheels," Chadwick said wryly. The scene grew darker as storm-clouds covered the tropical sky, and suddenly all Zac could see in the cinema was the reflection of the oncoming storm in Chadwick's gunmetal grey eyes.
Zac almost jumped out of his seat felt something drip onto his jacket. "AH!" He twisted around to see Zappa perched on his seat, messily eating the ice-cream. "ZAPPA! Sit in ya bloody chair mate! And be careful where you're drippin'! This jacket was an Arceusmas Present!"

Thunder boomed, drowning out Zac's complaints, and the rumbling, roaring sound melded perfectly with the sound of a revving engine. Something huge and terrible crashed through the forest towards the group, crushing trees and scattering wildlife. The oncoming monster roared as it broke the treeline in an explosion of scales, steel, and sizzling, green nitrous flame. The newcomer was thirty feet tall and had as many scars covering his body as he did medals of valour. It was a Tyrantrum, but this one had massive monster-truck wheels in place of legs.

"I'd recognise that chassis anywhere," Excitera shouted over the roaring of the newcomer. She turned to Chadwick. "You crazy bastard. You called him?"
"You know how I feel about him, but we need all hands of deck to win this one." Chadwick said with a smirk.
Excitera shot off on her bike towards the fossil, ramping off a flaming ANTIFossil humvee to land in from of her ex-commander, six-time F1 champion, Olympic Gold medal wrestling legend, and her former husband: Tyler Maximillion Wrex Blastford. A.K.A Tyramptrum.
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
jurassic parkour [s]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 13:33:52 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
The actual plot of this thrilling fossil/stunt film was starting to go over her head, but she was still enjoying the filmography. "These are really good special effects for the time period," she said as the infamous Tyramptrum appeared. She felt something cold on her shoulder and looked up to see Zappa had obediently moved over and was slobbering on her side of the seat instead. "I'll destroy you," she whispered, throwing a piece of popcorn at the lizard.

ANTIfossil meanwhile was activating the bomb/tracking signal on the mathmetician's neck, which turned out to be the signal for the terrorist agents to pour in. "Bad news, boys. We're out of gas," Tyramptrum rumbled, and right on cue, the ATVs rolled to a halt. "Quick, we have to siphon resources!" the derby referee said, jumping off his ATV and running towards the pit stop. Unfortunately, he didn't make it before an artillery shell slammed into him. A second tank rolled towards Sobble and Dweeble, trapping them under their ATV. They cried sadly as they sank in the mud. Chryssa laughed.

But of course, Chadwick came to the rescue. Trailing fire behind him, the steel-reinforced tire of his motorbike sliced the tank in two. Unfortunately, Dwebble and Sobble were separated by the wall of fire that appeared. Chadwick Bronstanton scooped up Dwebble by the tail and threw her over his shoulder, leaving Sobble on the other side. There was one brief shot of him sliding through the mud until he disappeared. "Oh, so he did die? I think he comes back later." Chryssa looked at Zac. "Does this movie have an ambiguous ending?!"

1. cranidos in egg (x)
2. archen escape first (x)
2. kids don't die (1/2)
3. sobble comes back (?)

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
jurassic parkour [s]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 13:53:00 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Ambiguous? Nah it's pretty straight forward," Zac said, watching as Zappa snapped at the pieces of thrown popcorn. Those two are really getting along! he thought happily. "Once they find the orb, and Excitera gets her-" he cut off, almost spoiling the big reveal. "Ah, you'll have to wait and see," he said, smoothly covering his faux pas. "But you can rest assured it's very biguous."
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
jurassic parkour [s]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 14:18:45 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
Satisfied that she would get her answers, Chryssa continued to watch the movie, though her attention was a little diverted by trying to get popcorn in the Heliolisk's mouth. "Hiyah! Perish, ANTIFossil scum!" she whispered to Zappa.

Chadwick Bronstanton had just ridden up a tree to fetch a stray ATV and had ridden both of them back down again, one foot on each. "Don't worry, kiddo. I got your brother, and I'm going back for REVENGE," the stunt paleo-ologist said, pulling the muddy little lizard out of one pocket and tossing it to Dwebble. "Hell or come morning, I'll be back." He tossed his empty bullet case he'd been wearing for the whole movie (it was symbolic)

"Is he going to adopt them after Inteleon dies?" Chryssa asked suspiciously as Chadwick lashed the two Pokemon to the tree branches with a length of cable taken from one of the dirt bikes before taking off again towards the singing Aurorus jumps in the distance.

Earlier, Excitera had been hinting and hinting that she wanted some children of her own to raise away from the horrors of war and extreme bungee jumping. "How are we gonna burn rubber and shred rails with a couple of little squirts on the way?" Chadwick had said, scoffing. Was this experience at the Parkour Park really going to change his mind?

Maybe this was a holiday movie.

1. cranidos in egg (no)
2. archen escape first (no)
3. kids don't die (?)
4. sobble comes back (yes)
5. inteleon dies, kids are adopted by chadwick