awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
spring break [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2021 0:32:01 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Apparently, according to the rumours the Lavaridge residents liked to promote, these hot springs were the cure of many ailments; mentally and physically. Somehow dipping in the waters also promised the ability for the bather to attract money... however that worked. Angelo wasn’t here for any of that, although he’d be lying if he said that it hadn’t intrigued him when a few elderly residents had stopped him for a gossiping gush over their beloved springs and their apparent fortune benefits. He could do with as much luck in that department as he could get.

It had been a bit of whim to come to the hot springs but Angelo supposed if there was any time to give it a try, it was probably now. What with him getting a fifty percent off coupon and all.

He’s barely been in the water five minutes before he starts to grow bored. It feels nice, letting his muscles soak, tension he didn’t know that he was carrying beginning to seep away on the steam that furls into the sky but as he leans back against the rocky edge of the pool, Angelo tries not to restlessly shift. Too used to doing something, moving around and with some kind of mission in mind. Blue eyes drift skyward, lips pursed in thought, as he pays little mind to the other men coming and going in the gender split pool.

Other people would probably be taking the time to detox and think about their issues, their plans, for the upcoming year. Angelo doesn’t really want to think too much about his, though.

Five more minutes… He supposed he should make the most of that coupon.

close tab

played by

milky

leo, leonício
he/him
MARCH 14
OLDDALE TOWN
demisexual
slateport u. student
cadet
You got my soul in your solar system But you keep my heart out of hand
awards
88 posts
leo del río DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leo
leo del río
spring break [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 15:38:16 GMT
leo del río Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","golden"]
[attr="class","tagtop"]#

[attr="class","top"]you're the light that is blinding me,

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","sublyric"]leo del rio

"Aw, it's gonna be okay!" The Zebstrika whined impatiently as her trainer patted her cheeks affectionately. Since she'd practically been reared by him, Peanut never liked to be absent from his side for long; the only thing she hated more was maybe being constrained by her pokeball. Leo hooked the electric-type into the front of the building by the bike rails, though only loosely. He knew that if she wanted to — or rather needed to — she could easily let herself free. "It's only gonna be a half hour, maybe an hour." The Zebstrika snorted, a puff of air in his face, and he laughed. "You know I'd take you in if I could. You're just too big!"

[break][break] Leo pulled his backpack off of her, unzipping it to let out — first Queso, who had been hiding in his bag, and then a towel. Unlike the Zebstrika, the mouse pokemon easily fit onto his shoulder and the hotsprings had no qualms about letting other pokemon in — provided that they fit the facility's space. The same, of course, went for little Rue who was tucked into his hoodie, chirping lightly. Patting Peanut's side one more time in a goodbye, Leo trotted into the Lavaride Hotsprings.

[break][break] Less than ten minutes later, the gangly boy was stripped down to nothing but his swim trunks and a bath towel hung over a shoulder.

[break][break] Queso was quick to scamper down him beanpole of a body and explore the side of the pool, joining other pokemon that was mingling about. Rue, on the other hand, took quickly to the trees edging the lines of the area, chirping away. Hmm, where should I go? he thought absently, humming lightly under his breath, when his eyes widened and then brightened at the familiar face of .

[break][break] Just as the other boy was leaning his head back, probably absorbed in his own thoughts, Leo popped up right above him with a characteristic, gummy smile. "Hey! Angelo, it's me!" He pointed at his face happily. "Remember me?"

[attr="class","ooc"]- leo says hi!! also thanks for waiting :D

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","pkh1"]TEAM

[attr="class","pkh2"][attr="class","fas fa-star]

[newclass=.golden] width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid var(--accent2); background:#fff; [/newclass]

[newclass=.golden] --accent:#ebb734; --accent2:#ffce5c; --speech:#f2a73d;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .top] background:var(--accent); padding:5px 10px; font:italic 20px roboto condensed; font-weight:900; letter-spacing:0px; text-transform:lowercase; text-shadow:2px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.05); color:#fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .sublyric] font-size:15px; text-transform:uppercase; font:italic 15px roboto condensed; font-weight:900; text-shadow:2px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.05); color:#fff; letter-spacing:0px; margin-right:-15px; margin-top:-25px; margin-left:15px; float:right; background:var(--accent2); padding:5px; border-bottom:4px double #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .tagtop] background:var(--accent2); min-height:10px; padding:3px 5px; text-align:right; text-transform:uppercase; color:#fff; font:11px poppins; letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .tagtop a] padding-left:5px; color:inherit; text-decoration:none;font:11px poppins!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .main] padding:10px 30px 0px 30px; font:11px roboto; text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .main .avatar] float:left; height:70px; margin-right:10px; padding:5px; border:4px double var(--accent); margin-bottom:5px; margin-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .main .ooc] color:var(--accent); font:bold 11px roboto; letter-spacing:1px; border-top:1px solid #eee; padding-top:5px; margin-top:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .bottom] background:var(--accent); margin-top:20px; position:relative; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .pkmn] text-align:left; padding-left:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .pkh1] float:right; color:#fff; font:italic 35px 'poppins'; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-2px; text-transform:lowercase; position:absolute; right:0px; padding-right:10px; padding-left:20px; top:0px; text-shadow:-1px -3px rgba(250,250,250,0.3); z-index:99;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .pkh2] position:absolute; right:95px; bottom:-10px; font-size:35px; z-index:1; color:var(--accent2); transform:rotate(-30deg); text-shadow:-2px -25px rgba(250,250,250,0.7);[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .pkmn img] filter:grayscale(100%); margin-top:-5px; transition:0.5s all; border-bottom:0px solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .pkmn img:hover] filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(190%); opacity:1; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .pkball] height:18px; padding-bottom:5px; margin-right:18px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .main b] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .main i] color:var(--speech);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto+Mono|Roboto+Condensed|Fraunces|Montserrat|Poppins]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
spring break [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 19:01:24 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Other people thought about their plans for the future in the dawn of a New Year, Angelo is instead met with a face from the past. [break][break]

Blue eyes blink as another man leans overhead, upside down from their positions but so very clearly Leo del Río. It’s the goofy, bright greeting that’s instantly recognisable. “Hey, Leo! ‘Course I do.” He says, turning around in the hot spring so that he’s looking up at the other student from the right way up, genuine smile pulling onto his lips. [break][break]

It had been a while, hadn’t it? Angelo suspects that he’s partly to blame for how long their lack of communication had stretched, after all the last time that they had talked had been when he had been studying last year. Back when he had access to a cheap computer and email – his only method of communication for the other student aside from when their universities met up for a sporting event. [break][break]

Since being on the road, with but a sparse amount of credit on his phone, it had been a little less easy to fire off an email or a message to the Slateport student. And he’d been pretty busy, too… [break][break]

Maybe the hot springs wouldn’t be so boring, after all; if he got to catch up with an old friend. [break][break]

It’s been a while! How have you been?” He says with a toothy grin, holding out a hand for a high-five or a shake or whatever it was Leo preferred.

[break][break]

[break]
+

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.angelo]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a1b6d7[/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

leo, leonício
he/him
MARCH 14
OLDDALE TOWN
demisexual
slateport u. student
cadet
awards
88 posts
leo del río DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leo
leo del río
spring break [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 19:13:14 GMT
leo del río Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","golden"]
[attr="class","tagtop"]#

[attr="class","main"]

Leo couldn't be entirely sure before, just staring at a familiar brunette head, but now that he was looking straight in the face, his bright blue eyes gazing back at him, he was positive. It was his old college buddy! They'd met over a couple of sporting events before, when the other just suddenly stopped corresponding to his emails. Not that Leo wasn't at fault either - he was really bad at replying to things, since he would read them, respond in his head, and forget about them. ADHD really sucked, sometimes!

[break][break] Happy to see an old friend again, Leo was quick to throw his towel on a nearby bench - his Fletchling was quick to catch it mid-air before it hit the ground, swooping down from the trees to grab and it and place it properly on a nearby rock. She did well to fold it too, managing somehow, before flying back to the sky again. Meanwhile, Leo, completely unaware of all of it, clasped the other's hand in an act of commandrie, his grip firm, before sliding into the hot pool beside his friend.

[break][break] The heat took a bit getting used to and he gripped the rock beneath him for support, but the warmth eventually seemed into his bones, and he looked back at his friend with bright eyes. "It's goin' great! Finals are over, and break is here, so I can do whatever I want." He laughed, leaning back on his elbows against the water's edge. "Must be the same for you, right? How was finals? Couldn't have been worse than mine - Slateport's brutal."

[attr="class","ooc"]- teehee

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.golden] width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid var(--accent2); background:#fff; [/newclass]

[newclass=.golden] --accent:#ebb734; --accent2:#ffce5c; --speech:#f2a73d;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .top] background:var(--accent); padding:5px 10px; font:italic 20px roboto condensed; font-weight:900; letter-spacing:0px; text-transform:lowercase; text-shadow:2px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.05); color:#fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .sublyric] font-size:15px; text-transform:uppercase; font:italic 15px roboto condensed; font-weight:900; text-shadow:2px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.05); color:#fff; letter-spacing:0px; margin-right:-15px; margin-top:-25px; margin-left:15px; float:right; background:var(--accent2); padding:5px; border-bottom:4px double #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .tagtop] background:var(--accent2); min-height:10px; padding:3px 5px; text-align:right; text-transform:uppercase; color:#fff; font:11px poppins; letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .tagtop a] padding-left:5px; color:inherit; text-decoration:none;font:11px poppins!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .main] padding:10px 30px 0px 30px; font:11px roboto; text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .main .avatar] float:left; height:70px; margin-right:10px; padding:5px; border:4px double var(--accent); margin-bottom:5px; margin-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .main .ooc] color:var(--accent); font:bold 11px roboto; letter-spacing:1px; border-top:1px solid #eee; padding-top:5px; margin-top:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .bottom] background:var(--accent); margin-top:20px; position:relative; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .pkh1] float:right; color:#fff; font:italic 35px 'poppins'; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-2px; text-transform:lowercase; position:absolute; right:0px; padding-right:10px; padding-left:20px; top:0px; text-shadow:-1px -3px rgba(250,250,250,0.3); z-index:99;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .pkh2] position:absolute; right:95px; bottom:-10px; font-size:35px; z-index:1; color:var(--accent2); transform:rotate(-30deg); text-shadow:-2px -25px rgba(250,250,250,0.7);[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .pkmn img] filter:grayscale(100%); margin-top:-5px; transition:0.5s all; border-bottom:0px solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .pkmn img:hover] filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(190%); opacity:1; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .pkball] height:18px; padding-bottom:5px; margin-right:18px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.golden .main b] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px roboto;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
spring break [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 19:22:30 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Their hands firmly clasp together in a familiar greeting and Angelo shifts across in the pool to make room, Leo opting to slide into the spot beside him as opposed to finding somewhere quieter to relax. He doesn’t mind the company, especially one that he hasn’t seen in a while. [break][break]

He turns to look at his friend after Leo gets settled, arms leaning back on the rock behind him as he reclines in the hot water, steam wisping through the air. Oh yeah, finals… That would have been around this time, wouldn’t it? He hasn’t even been away from Mauville University for a year yet and it already feels like a strangely distant memory, like he’d been away from lectures and sleepless study nights for a decade. Cycling, deliveries and the occasional adventure excursion taking over his time and his heart. [break][break]

Angelo doesn’t want to think about going back to stuffy, stifling classrooms in September… [break][break]

Nah, Mauville’s exams aren’t too bad,” he responds with a grin, as if suggesting that he found it all a breeze. In truth, Angelo is rather average student at best, especially when it concerns the major that he had chosen. His lack of real passion for the subject held up only by his gruelling work ethic and motivation for the end result, using that to push through all the boring trials – he only needs a decent grade for doors to open for him and his family. [break][break]

I didn’t even have to turn up, professors said not to bother ‘cus I did so well with my mock -” It’s then that he waves a hand, laughing as he reveals his words were only in jest. “Okay, that’s bullshit. I’ve been on a gap year, it’s why I haven’t been in contact, actually. Haven’t been able to get to my emails much.” Angelo grins, corners just the slightest bit apologetic. He and Leo weren’t exactly the type to message one another all the time but they had got in contact to let each other know when their representative universities were arranging a friendly sporting event, arranging to meet up for drinks and competitive shenanigans. [break][break]

So… What’re you doing with your newfound freedom? Been practicing?” He asks, grin competitive – Leo would know he’s asking about the Slateport U Swim Team.

[break][break]

[break]
+

[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

leo, leonício
he/him
MARCH 14
OLDDALE TOWN
demisexual
slateport u. student
cadet
awards
88 posts
leo del río DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leo
leo del río
spring break [m/c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 7:52:11 GMT
leo del río Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","golden"]
[attr="class","tagtop"]#

[attr="class","main"]

Angelo's response is carefree, which draws a laugh out of Leo. Though, privately, he is a bit jealous. School has never been his strong suit — not really because he isn't smart, but usually school involves a lot of reading. Once he buckles down and gets to the assignments, it's usually a breeze. Getting there... however...

[break][break] Which is why, it's a relief when calls on his own bluff.

[break][break] Leo shoves him playfully, taking no notice of the way the water splashes around them. "Jerk," he says, though there is an amused glint in his eyes. "I knew there was no way that you could call the exams easy." After all, the two were rivals for a reason.

[break][break] The mention of a gap year sparks a bit of interest in Leo, however, and the boy cocks his head to the side. "Wow, though. A gap year?" He isn't judgmental - just.. surprised. It personally never occurred to him to take one. His parents had worked so hard to help him pay for tuition, and he was their only son. The fact that he had even taken so long to decide to go to school... Maybe he should've kept his mouth shut, but Leo was never good at doing that. "Mind if I ask why?"

[break][break] He leans back, enjoying the warmth of the hot tub, when Angelo fields him another question. This time, it's his turn to grin shamelessly. "Hah, practice? Pfft, I don't need that. I'm just that good," he says, in the same mocking tone Angelo had used earlier, before pushing off against the rocks and wading deeper into the pool. He turns so that he is parallel to Leo, letting the water go just beneath his chin as he crouches. "Just kidding. I train a bit, but mostly, I'm just staying home. Spending time with the parentals." He winks. "You know how it is."

[break][break] Mama had nearly cried with relief when he'd come home, patting him all over and complaining that he looked too skinny, even though he was fairly sure he'd gained weight since the last time he'd been home. He blew some bubbles in the water, before looking up at Angelo again. "Actually - do you live with your parents?" Honestly - he couldn't remember.

[attr="class","ooc"]- teehee

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
spring break [m/c]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2021 21:43:11 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
It’s nothing interesting,” there’s barely a pause, delivering an answer that’s just as practiced as his smile. “Just wanted to spend some time travelling the region before my final year. Can’t come all the way to Hoenn and stay cramped up in Mauville for three years – you know?” Angelo had no intention on sharing the gloomy details with a friend, even one like Leo who he bumped into rarely; he didn’t want to have to put up with the pitying stares or the attempts at charity. Didn’t want to make others worry over his family problems. He was fine getting by on his own…. [break][break]

Besides, it’s not like he was telling a complete lie. It had just been a benefit that taking a gap year to earn money meant he got to travel, to see and soak up everything that Hoenn had to offer before he left. [break][break]

There’s a shove and laugher, water splashing as the two of them easily slipped into their back and forth dynamic. Angelo doesn’t pay the brief looks from the other bathers any mind. [break][break]

Yeah, right. You’ve got about the same natural talent as a Magikarp, Lee,” he counters back with a lazy grin at Leo, watching as he wades outwards into the hot spring. “I rest my case.” Is what he says when the other student sinks down into the water, blowing bubbles in a way that reminds Angelo of something his siblings would do to mimic drowning. [break][break]

He doesn’t know how it is going back home after finals, actually – he'd been away from Alto Mare for a good while… [break][break]

Oh, huh... I guess not? Home’s back in Alto Mare. Can’t really drop in often,” he says with a small smile, absentmindedly skimming a damp finger against a dry patch of rock beside him where he leans, drawing stars. “Where’d you say home for you is, again? I forgot.” Honestly – he couldn’t remember, either. But he voices it unlike Leo, at least with a hint of amused guilt in his voice.

[break][break]

[break]
+

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
spring break [m/c]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 1:20:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION INCOMPLETE...

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: