2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
up to no good [mm]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 15:19:00 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Somehow, Skyler had managed to find her way back to the festival. She'd lost her second date somewhere along the way, straw hat disappearing among the trees between one blink and the next. Oh well, she was sure the scallywag was just fine.

Clad in a rumpled dark blue dress with a large rip in the side (halfway covered by a leather jacket) and a disturbingly golden captain's hat resting slightly askew atop blond curls - Skyler cut quite the figure as she advanced through the market, walking past food stalls, silver eyes on the lookout for something, or someone.

She hadn't known what to expected from her third and final date, but when she finds the matching number stuck to a familiar figure, she can't help the bright grin that pulls at the corners of her lips.

"Razz! You're my final date!" 

A toned arm wrapped itself over Razz's shoulders to pull him against a very enthusiastic Skyler. Okay, so she might've been a little tipsy. The bottle of champagne from earlier lay discarted somewhere, empty - while the captain's eyes gleamed with enthusiastic fervour at her friend. "Let's go grab something to eat! My treat! I should get you some more champagne too. You look kinda pale." A pause. "Well, you're always pale, but still."

● tags: 
● notes: mistletoematching
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
up to no good [mm]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 16:19:20 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlandslide"]

[attr="class","frlandslide1"]

[attr="class","frlandslideimg"]

[attr="class","frlandslidetop"]
MISLTOE EVENT

[attr="class","frlandslidemid"]
[attr="class","frlandslidemid2"]
[attr="class","frlandslidemid3"]

Razz it tired of all this already. His hand was red not from being injured but for the ice he had to keep on it, he was pale from the terrifying encounter he had with someone with his past. Why couldn't these dates be like the first? Normal and awkward, he could deal with normal and awkward. [break][break]

Speaking of awkward, despite registering the voice that called out his name, the sudden hand around him made him jump some. Old instincts kicked in of needing to defend himself, but thankfully Salem stopped that right on time before either of his hands could make a move. It takes a tick for him to realize that no he is not in danger and he relaxes in Skyler's grip. Even if he could smell the alcohol in her breath. [break][break]

The young man gives her a very tired smile. "You know what... why not?" he replies uncharacteristically up for anything at the moment, rather than his usual stick in the mud self. He's had a rough night, "Though I'm sure you can recommend me something stronger?"

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Inconsolata][googlefont=Roboto Mono:300,400,700]
[newclass=.frlandslide]border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;width:525px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslide1]border-left:solid 75px #eeeeee;color:#999999;text-align:justify;padding-top:20px;padding-bottom:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg]border:solid 1px #151515;background-color:#1a1a1a;padding:4px;margin:20px;margin-top:0px;height:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg div]position:absolute;height:200px;width:400px;font:25px Raleway;font-weight:300!important;line-height:200px;text-align:center;color:#ffffff;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.1);z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg div b]font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg img]height:200px;width:400px;opacity:.85;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frlandslidemid]padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidemid2]padding:25px;border:solid 1px #151515; background-color:#242424; font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frlandslidemid2 b"]color:#9d4848;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frlandslidemid2 i"]font-weight:bold;color:#eee [/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidemid3 div]border-bottom:solid 2px #151515;height:20px; margin-bottom:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidemid3]padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidetop]border-top:solid 1px #9d4848; border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848; background-color:#1a1a1a; font:20px Impact;line-height:15px letter-spacing:1.3px; color:#ffdeb1; text-align:right; text-transform:uppercase; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot]border-top:solid 1px #9d4848;border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848;background-color:#1a1a1a;padding:25px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot div] margin-left:10px; font:10px Inconsolata; line-height:0px; padding-bottom:9px; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot div b]color:#eee; border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidepoke] width:100%; padding:5px; background-color:#9d4848; color:#eeeeee; font:40px Impact; line-height:15px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
up to no good [mm]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 18:45:09 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

There was something wrong with Razz.

Still with an arm around his shoulders, Skyler leaned her head back slightly to meet Salem's eyes. Her brows burrowed - as if to ask the blue cat what the hell was going on with his trainer. Was Razz simply tired from... going on speed dates? It didn't seem to be the kind of thing Razz went for, sure, but even tipsy as she was, Skyler didn't think it would shake him up this badly.

He just needed some alcohol in his system, she quickly decided. Foolproof logic, that one.

"Something stronger it is," the blonde declared as she guided the young man to a nearby stall. With a cheerful grin, Skyler asked for some shots, carefully holding them between her fingers - six in total - before she turned and made her way to a nearby table.

Instead of sitting on the benches, as one was supposed to, Skyler elected to plop her butt down on top of the table, sitting cross-legged with the shot glasses in front of her, three for each of them. "So." Silver eyes glittered with nearby fairy lights as the captain slid a shot glass Razz's way. "Were the dates that horrible?"

She downed her own shot in a single motion, the slow burn of tequila sliding down her throat.

● tags: 
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
up to no good [mm]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 3:19:49 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

MISLTOE EVENT

When Skyler gives the cat a look, rather than talk like he normally did for his trainer to translate. He tries to give a face that just looked dead as he put his paws over his neck. In his way of trying to communicate that the dates were sorta murder on him. Whether or not she understood that who knows. [break][break]

Ignorant to their conversation Razz just followed the sailor's lead as she accompanied her to the stall for drinks, though like a normal person and not a barbarian, he sat on the stool. The young man taking the first shot offered without hesitation, the burn just flowing down his throat. That felt nice, though he did cough as shots weren't something he took often. [break][break]

"Yes," he answered simple through the cough before putting it down on the table and grabbing the next though he didn't down it just yet. "I didn't even sign up for this, Salem did," he explains as this wasn't even something he liked, "The first the first and second were fine, the 2nd girl a little weird and I ended up injured, but the third one was an old co-worker of my mother's and it brought a lot of... unpleasant memories"

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Inconsolata][googlefont=Roboto Mono:300,400,700]
[newclass=.frlandslide]border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;width:525px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslide1]border-left:solid 75px #eeeeee;color:#999999;text-align:justify;padding-top:20px;padding-bottom:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg]border:solid 1px #151515;background-color:#1a1a1a;padding:4px;margin:20px;margin-top:0px;height:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslideimg div]position:absolute;height:200px;width:400px;font:25px Raleway;font-weight:300!important;line-height:200px;text-align:center;color:#ffffff;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.1);z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frlandslidemid2]padding:25px;border:solid 1px #151515; background-color:#242424; font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidemid3 div]border-bottom:solid 2px #151515;height:20px; margin-bottom:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidetop]border-top:solid 1px #9d4848; border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848; background-color:#1a1a1a; font:20px Impact;line-height:15px letter-spacing:1.3px; color:#ffdeb1; text-align:right; text-transform:uppercase; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot]border-top:solid 1px #9d4848;border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848;background-color:#1a1a1a;padding:25px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot div] margin-left:10px; font:10px Inconsolata; line-height:0px; padding-bottom:9px; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidebot div b]color:#eee; border-bottom:solid 1px #9d4848;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlandslidepoke] width:100%; padding:5px; background-color:#9d4848; color:#eeeeee; font:40px Impact; line-height:15px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
up to no good [mm]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 17:25:39 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

There it is, the mention of his mother's job again. Given what little tidbits Skyler has managed to pry from Razz and his past, there's a rising suspicion in her that maybe there's more to the story than what she's been told.

But it isn't her business to shake these truths from her friend: he'd tell her, eventually, if he wanted. Still, seeing him shaken has her gritting her teeth, a fist closing around itself without her meaning to. 

It's not like she can punch whatever has made him this way. But she really, really wants to.

Instead, she opts for the second best option, grabbing the second shot glass and downing it, not even blinking at the alcohol that slides down her throat. Razz's cough summons a mischievous grin, though Skyler doesn't comment on it.

"So what you're saying," Skyler's grin widens at Razz's woes, "is that I'm your best date tonight." Her finger pokes at his third glass, slowly sliding it his way. "Bottom's up, fancy guy." She hasn't missed his fancier clothes, though she can't really judge given that she's wearing a dress. 

"And if you need me to punch someone, just tell me." There might have been a slightly bloodthirsty glint to her eyes, but it's hard to tell with all the fairy lights and decorations around.

● tags: 
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
up to no good [mm]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 18:07:23 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

MISLTOE EVENT

Razz rubs his throat a bit as he takes a break from having yet another shot so quickly. If the past was anything to go by, he knows he needs to pace. Though this just leaves him blind to Skyler’s protective annoyance as he explains his grievances. [break][break]

Though she does manage to get a chuckle out of him when she mentions that she’s the best date so far. “Well I wouldn’t say that, I’ve taken a shot before, but I’ve never played Skee Ball,” he jest mostly as while skee ball with was plenty of fun, Skyler was still his first friend here and currently one of 2 people he was comfortable being around outside work. Pokemon excluded of course. [break][break]

At the 3rd glass he picks it up as she makes her comment, this time it goes down a little easier than the first to but the burn is still there. “Well it's GoodWill so not sure how fancy that is, nice dress by the way,” he compliments back since he did notice his own. [break][break]

“If it were that simple I’d do it myself,” he chuckles lightly before deciding to share, “I used to be an okay fight before my injury ruined all depth perception”

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
up to no good [mm]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 19:04:16 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"It is a very nice dress, isn't it?" Or at least it used to be a nice dress, before she'd gone and ripped it. Not to speak of the flecks of salt still clinging to parts of it due to her tipsy, unplanned dive into the ocean atop a makeshift raft. "But you do look good, Razz. I think I see a little bit of pink in your cheek." She can't quite hide the teasing grin that threatens to emerge.

Maybe Razz wasn't too far off when he'd indirectly called her a barbarian in his mind - there certainly isn't anything polite or polished in the way she finishes off the last shot, slamming the glass down onto the table with a pleased exhale. Her eyes shine with challenge and not a little bit of mischief.

"You up for more, Razz?"

With a simple gesture and a wild grin, she summons two more shots each.

The mention of fighting has an immediate effect on Skyler. Silver eyes widen, lips parting slightly in surprise. In a flash, the captain has leaned down to peer at Razz with curiosity burning in her bright stare. Her hand catches his with calloused fingertips to peer at his knuckles. "A fighter, huh?" She'd seen him in action, was aware of Razz's efficient, no-nonsense manner when it came to work. "Maybe we can work around that, if you'd like. Train a little bit." She isn't actually sure she can help, but- "It might be fun, if nothing else."

● tags: 
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
up to no good [mm]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 22:40:46 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

MISLTOE EVENT

Razz just gives a small nod at the comment about the dress, he didn't have much else to add about it. He was never one on appearances, they didn't matter to him, but it seemed like in this sort of fashion it was the common curtesy. He scratches the back of his neck with a nervous chuckle at the compliment. "And here you called me more pale than usual just a minute ago," he counters but seeing as how he's now drinking maybe that's the reason. [break][break]

He finished up the last shot offered to him with relative ease, each one seeming to be a little bit easier though he was already starting to feel it's effects. Yet honestly he wanted to dull his mind right now. "Suuuure," he answers before something comes to mind, "What of you? How were your dates?"[break][break]

He takes the next drink and enjoys its burn, though the moment feels ruined as suddenly Skyler grabs at his hand to look at something. Razz was confused by the action, but he'd allow it, he trusted her. Though he wonders why the interest, "Can't always rely on a pokemon to do the dirty work," he repeats the philosophy that he's always been taught. Taking back his hand at the offer of working around his disability Razz has to ponder about it. Seems a tad uncomfortable at the idea, "I.... don't know I stopped a long time ago, and when this first happened things as basic as door were annoying, I can only imagine what fighting would be like again"

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
up to no good [mm]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 14:08:49 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

A dreamy sigh slips past Skyler's lips at Razz's question, thoughts turning to the glint of sharp golden eyes. Her hand instinctively moves to pull the leather jacket closer, catching a faint whiff of - perfume? "I can't complain. Met a beautiful woman - who I snagged this leather jacket from." She swears she can still feel the breath over her neck when the woman had slipped the garment over her shoulders. "And this guy - Doug?" The corners of her mouth rise in a smug grin. "I made a sailor out of him." 

No more informaton is forthcoming, though the sea captain seems fairly pleased with her night thus far. It does help that the alcohol has started to dull her senses somewhat. A small smile plays on her lips as Razz pulls his hand away from her grip. "The offer is there in case you ever change your mind." And that is that. 

Blond curls tumble down her back as Skyler relents and leans back on her hands, turning silver eyes to search out constellations in the night sky. The lights in the festival are too strong, however, to let her see much of anything.

Narrowed eyes follow the path of a mischievous Minior, however, a mistletoe hanging from its lumpy shape as it floats over the two of them. Skyler snorts, waving a hand at it. "Piss off," she grumbles. If a Minior could ever look offended in any way, shape or form, this one definitely did. It does float away however.

But then Skyler is leaning down in Razz's direction - and her hand reaches out to ruffle his dark hair annoyingly - like older sisters do. The expression on her face is wholly unapologetic. Nearby lights catch on the beads that hang from the cord around her neck, specifically a red one - the same shade as Razz's eye.

And then she blinks - catching a familiar head of brown hair from the corner of her eyes. Her head snaps to the side, eyes focused, as the curl of her smile turns into something devilish. 

"Gotta go, Razz." The dress is a rumpled mess as she hops down from the table, taking the last shot with her. "Don't be a stranger! And if you need me to run someone over with my ship - just ask!"

Then she's disappeared somewhere amongst the crowd.

● tags: 
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
up to no good [mm]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 18:23:35 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

MISLTOE EVENT

There is a bit of concerned look that goes on his face when she mentioned 'snagging' a jacket from one of her previous dates. "So you stole a woman's jacket?" he can't help but ask. Part of him didn't know if he could approve of her just taking it, unless this was one of those friendly things? No that still didn't make sense to him. Eh he'll think of it later, right now he's starting to feel those drinks and thinking was too much for now. Not that it stopped him from pondering whatever she meant by making a sailor out of someone. A small curious part of him wondering if it was one of those... what's it called? Innuendos? Though that seemed inappropriate for this sort of setting. [break][break]

"Well glad one of us had nothing but good experiences," he chuckles as he ponders about the idea for a minute on the offering staying up about fighting. "Sure I'll think about it, maybe when I visit your ship we can see just how bad I've gotten over the years," he jest as he notices the Minior coming over their booth with something attached. It took him a moment to realize just what it was and he just a very small laugh, "Yeah no," he didn't feel that way about Skyler. She felt like a tad bit more than a friend, but not in that way... [break][break]

Though he did feel bad for it, as the way it slowly went away, and even drooping a bit that it was definitely disappointed. Though he didn't have much time to focus on it as the suddly ruffled his hair, "Hey!" he protest, though it seems this was just her way to get attention about her leaving. "Alright I'll make sure to keep that in mind," he tells her as he waves good bye. [break][break]

Thank god this was all done. [break][break]

At least until his phone gave a ping. Taking a look it was about a possible job, and honestly after all this, doing a job sounded so much more relaxing than this.

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga