Noel

Noel
July 13
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
Single
40 height
40 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @noel
Noelani Kekoa
Nesty Business [M]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 23:11:27 GMT
Noelani Kekoa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","text-area"]
Running a hand through his hair Noelani finally arrived at where the location of the job he had taken was. He had found the request online from some third-party company that was sort of shady. Well more then a bit shady as he was pretty sure this was a mirror request to a ranger one, he had heard one mutter about it recently. Not that he was particularly bothered by that after all money was money. This time he didn’t have much for a disguise besides the sunglasses and a fake mole under his eye though his red T-shirt with a golden Salamence on it was pretty tacky and eye catching.
[break][break]
The location itself was an old building and supposedly on top of it there was nest of pokemon. The problem with that was that besides the pokemon nesting there being a general menace to the surroundings the building itself was right next to a powerline and builds up of new nests on it were becoming evident.
[break][break]
That’s where Noelani and whoever else had taken the job came in, evicting the pokemon. Giving a hum the alolan looked towards the Vulpix next to him “Hmmm I wonder who we’ll have to partner up with.”
[break][break]
On the bark from Wikolia Noelani just nodded his head “You are right, it doesn’t really matter but I am curious. Well, nothing but to wait and see then eh.”

Party:

[attr="class","ooc-area"]a little note here — , tag2

[googlefont=Fira Sans:400,500,600,700]
[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(110%) contrast(110%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area]grid-area: text; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #cb8500; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #cb8500; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #cb8500; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Nesty Business [M]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 1:32:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

MISSION: CUCKOO IN THE NEST

lulu didn’t really want to be here, but here she was.

it so happened that the old building on which the nest had been assembled contained its own sort of seedy operation—one that rocket had been overseeing for some time. they had reached out to a third party with their complaint, without running it by rocket, which had resulted in some harsh words. while they’d already hired someone to help with the removal, rocket had sent an ‘assistant’ of sorts to make sure he kept to his job and didn’t see anything fishy. that assistant was lulu. and as far as their hired temp would know, she had gotten the job the same way that he did.

life had squeezed just about every ounce of surprise out of lulu prematurely. it was for this reason that after making her way over, seeing noelani did not change her expression at all. she simply greeted him with a deadpan, “fuck. okay. let’s do this.”

close tab

played by

Noel

Noel
July 13
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
Single
40 height
40 height
awards
115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @noel
Noelani Kekoa
Nesty Business [M]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 1:59:13 GMT
Noelani Kekoa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Noelani eyes did widen in surprise when he saw who exactly would be working with him right before a grin overcame his face. Not wasting time, he was quick to put a hand on his forehead and swoon dramatically “Oh my, that passionate greeting stirred my heart. To think the fates would conspire to bring us together once more, truly a blessing.”
[break][break]
The alolan would keep his wiggling for a few more moments and then switch to a more causal stance while trailing off with a few snickers. Next to him Wikolia simply rolled her eyes at him and barked out a greeting towards the woman.
[break][break]
Shaking off some of the silliness knowing to not push it too much, yet at least, Noelani amusedly added “Ready to shoo away some birds Hoody.” while moving towards her and the building only stopping once he was next to her “So, did you get a key or something to get in and reach the roof for this cause I sure as hell didn’t and while I can I doubt it would be appreciated by the clients for us to break in.”
[break][break]
Rubbing at his chin he would throw another look at the structure “I do wonder what has made it’s home here. Maybe one of the more urban adjusted flying types or maybe some bug types, hmmm,” the statement was more half mumble to himself as he waited for the reaction of his temporary coworker both to his question and just in general to the buffoonery he had pulled off.

Party:

[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(110%) contrast(110%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #cb8500; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #cb8500; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #cb8500; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Nesty Business [M]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 8:15:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

she stared at him.

“truly.”

lulu acknowledged the vulpix with a touch more warmth in the corner of her lips. the solrock over her shoulder, however, remained expressionless, as it always did. it didn’t have a mouth.

“as i’ll ever be.” she responded, paid to be a good sport.

while she didn’t meet his eyes as they walked, an eyebrow did raise at the mention of breaking in. she even smiled, with teeth, caught off-guard by her amusement. wordlessly, she shrugged a backpack off her shoulder and pulled out a jangly set of keys, unlocked the door, and pushed their way in.

it was dark. solrock entered directly after her, spinning to watch noel as they ducked into the powerless building, its eyes glowing red from the daylight.

the scene was decidedly less sinister when lulu switched on an industrial-sized flashlight, which she had also pulled out of the backpack, to see them to a flight of stairs past the elevator. she gestured towards them, looking back. “shall we find out?”

the inside of the building from where they'd entered was comprised of small cubicles, mostly, at least on the first floor. the desks were messy. things were scribbled on stained dry erase boards on far off shadowed walls. lulu motioned encouragingly up towards the stairs and away from any investigation of the office-space, please.

close tab

played by

Noel

Noel
July 13
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
Single
40 height
40 height
awards
115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @noel
Noelani Kekoa
Nesty Business [M]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 13:09:48 GMT
Noelani Kekoa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

It seemed his silliness had been taken well enough so Noelani was satisfied with having judged the atmosphere right, in fact he had to smother a grin at the brief toothy smile he had glimpsed from the corner of his eye. He was already growing on her though wisely he decided to not comment on what he had seen, he did have some tact after all.
[break][break]
It seemed they wouldn’t have to be breaking in seeing as lulu brought out the keys to the building. Following after her Noelani just winked at the Solrock gazing at him, a bit creepy but he understood it was being protective of its trainer and the alolan couldn’t fault him for that. Still as they entered and the darkness enveloped them, he couldn’t help the amused comment that escaped him “Is us meeting and exploring dark places where it’s more likely to get stabbed or mugged going to be a thing?”
[break][break]
Of course, unlike him his partner for the job was more prepared and swiftly illuminated things with a flashlight. A snort and a mutter of “My Hero.” Came from him before nodding at her question of finding out “Let’s do it then.”
[break][break]
While it might have been fun to explore the building, it was technically a job, from shady site or not, and as such he did inject a bit of professionalism in it. Looking at his surroundings with a bit of regret the alolan moved towards the stairs. As they began ascending towards the roof Noelani would throw a question towards lulu “So do you have any suggestion on how we do this? We have to relocate the nests though more than likely that would mean dealing with the protectors of the nests as we do that.”
[break][break]
At the bark from the vulpix Noelani mocked frowned before turning to her and replying “No, burning it a bit to smoke them out is not a valid strategy.”
[break][break]
That only made Wikolia huff and roll her eyes. With a chuckle that was only a bit concerned Noelani would continue going up till they reached the door leading to the rooftop before making way so lulu could pass, she was the one with the key after all.

Party:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Nesty Business [M]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 4:45:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
talonflame

has appeared!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male or female - flame body[break]
flare blitz/ acrobatics / agility / steel wing / roost / brave bird

WITHIN THE NEST, a talonflame viciously defends its territory. Should it take flight in retaliation against you, its wings shed beautiful embers like fiery scales. Wreathed in brilliant red-orange plumage, this particular specimen looks particularly strong.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

[BREAK]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Nesty Business [M]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 6:46:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“sure hope not.” she responded without thought.

while there was something slowly becoming endearing about him, lulu’s patience was still thin. she didn’t typically work during the daytime. it’d been her day off, in fact. she’d gotten the call while he had likely be en route to the job, which was the only reason they hadn’t called him off to begin with.

she was relieved that he obliged and took the stairs ahead of her. as she followed him, she briefly glanced at the mess and shook her head rather hypocritically.

at his questions, she glowered some. they had to remove the nests? there’d been no mention of that. were they rangers, now?

lulu glowered a bit. “you sure we’re supposed to relocate it?” honestly, she had little idea off the top of her head how they might go about doing that, and for his sake, who would really know, anyways?

“you like birds. take it.” she suggested with a shrug, opening the door to reveal the talonflame on the roof, fire coming off of it like the sun. “or i will.”

she reached for her golisopod’s pokeball, which, once released, rolled up from its curled vertebrae to full height and gave out a battlecry.

“i'll at least take the eggs, if you don't mind.” a little something for rocket, despite her displeasure for being there in the first place.

close tab

played by

Noel

Noel
July 13
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
Single
40 height
40 height
awards
115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @noel
Noelani Kekoa
Nesty Business [M]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 14:53:58 GMT
Noelani Kekoa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

He only snorted in amusement at her hope of not meeting as such place before returning to simply ascending the stairs. Though it seemed she grew annoyed when he mentioned relocating the nests themselves but that’s what he had been told so Noelani just shrugged his shoulder before speaking “It’s what the job said not that I care too much. Mostly cause between you and me I think someone just lifted the job from the ranger center and didn’t bother to have it be adjusted. Probably want to one up the rangers or just looking for the cred of doing said job without putting any real work.”
[break][break]
As they got out on the rooftop proper Noelani’s gaze locked on to the talonflame that was already glaring at them with suspicion. He could tell it was a strong specimen. Nodding absentmindedly towards Lulu due to not wanting to take his eyes off the nest guardian he said “Sure I don’t mind, their selling price isn’t too bad, pretty popular in Galar in recent years, Unova too.”
[break][break]
Wikolia was already stepping confidently forward and let out a challenging cry making the talonflame shriek back in response and spread its wings and take off from its position. Taking that as acceptance the Vulpix fired off a Flamethrower though the flying type easily evaded the attack. The battle was about to start in earnest so before it did Noelani threw in towards Lulu “Want to tag team it or should I distract it while you go get the eggs?”
[break][break]
Depending on her answer he would decide how the approach the fight in the meantime his own pokemon was doing a good enough job of distracting the talonflame and trading attacks with it.

Party:

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Nesty Business [M]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 21:50:41 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“oh, so you’re a conspiracy theorist, too. great.” a boy after her own heart, really, but he need not know that. her amusement stayed lit like a pilot light in a passing breeze.

the talonflame was alert to their presence, and rose from its nest. golisopod took a step forward. lulu’s eyes remained on the bird. she was only distracted, even intrigued by noel’s knowledgeability for a moment. she hurled a command at her own pokemon as the vulpix fired its flamethrower. LIQUIDATION.”

the samurai pokemon created a sword of water with which it met the talonflame on its other side, as it dodged the vulpix’s flames.

“i’d rather not touch the eggs until that talonflame’s in a pokeball.” she responded decisively. “again!”

the bird rose higher and spun, sending a STEEL WING at the golisopod, which raised its arms to brace itself with an IRON DEFENSE, creating a great metallic clang before the bird flew up high above them, out of reach of close-range attacks.

close tab

played by

Noel

Noel
July 13
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
Single
40 height
40 height
awards
115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @noel
Noelani Kekoa
Nesty Business [M]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 22:19:55 GMT
Noelani Kekoa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

“Hey it’s not a conspiracy when they are really out to get you.” was Noelani own response accompanied by a brief chuckle. Though he was pretty sure the saying went with paranoia but whatever the meaning was clear enough.
[break][break]
Still, it was time for action so the alolan simple nodded his head in agreement after all it would indeed be better to take out the talonflame first. Speaking of it after the brief clash with Lulu’s Golisopod it was now flying high above them. Which only annoyed his Vulpix and since due to being a fire type herself she knew how prideful they could get that’s why she launched a Fire Blast towards the bird despite knowing that the chance to hit were low.
[break][break]
The talonflame indeed didn’t need to move too much to dodge it but the attack had done its job as a challenge. With a shriek and powerful flaps of its wings to gather more height the Talonflame was then enveloped in energy before diving down towards Wikolia. It became rapidly apparent it was using Brave Bird.
[break][break]
The collision with his Vulpix was imminent but Noelani only grinned as he uttered his command “Use Disable.” And with a vindictive bark Wikolia fired off the beam of energy hitting the talonflame and bringing it out of its attack. The bird still slammed into the vulpix but was nowhere near as damaging as it would have been otherwise. Rolling away from the hit the Wikolia fired off a Flamethrower but it wasn’t aimed directly at the other pokemon instead trying to redirect it and have it move closer towards Lulu’s Golisopod.

Party:

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Nesty Business [M]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 23:40:55 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

lulu brushed a fallen ember off her shoulder.

the vulpix was doing well at steering the talonflame if nothing else. not having gotten in its last commanded shot, the golisopod’s LIQUIDATION water sword swung true at the bird again. clearly injured, it let out an ear-piercing screech, and swooped low across the roof. as it traveled, a slew of small purple homing missiles released from golisopod’s shell. PIN MISSILE would not deal an incredible amount of damage to the fire pokemon, but it would keep it under pressure as it struggled more and more to retaliate.

barely airborne, it gave a low cry of near-defeat. lulu looked over at… what was his name again? noel? “take it from here?”

she then made her way over to the nest, golisopod becoming a likely impassable guard as she carefully collected the eggs into a backpack, hoping to high heaven that they would not all crack on the way back to the submarine.

she looked back to see if ‘noel’ had attempted his capture. if it had been successful, she’d be glad. they could do away with the nest and debris (perhaps simply push it off the roof; she'd dare them to complain) and they could part a second time, and she could drop off her bonus haul, and go the fuck to sleep.

close tab

played by

Noel

Noel
July 13
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
Single
40 height
40 height
awards
115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @noel
Noelani Kekoa
Nesty Business [M]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 0:10:06 GMT
Noelani Kekoa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

It seemed steering it towards the Golisopod had worked pretty well making Noelani release a satisfied hum. The bug type pretty much went to town after that ensuring that the fight wouldn’t be lasting much longer. Giving a nod towards Lulu in agreement he would then command Wikolia “You heard the lady, let’s finish this.”
[break][break]
With a bark of agreement, the Vulpix charged the injured Talonflame. Noticing another attacker, the bird shifted its attention and attempted to use Acrobatics. It managed to clip the Vulpix but in response she only blasted it with Fire Blast. The force of the attack knocked the bird on the ground momentarily but before it could get back up Wikolia had pounced on it’s back. With a cry she unleashed Inferno on to the Talonflame. While it didn’t do as much damage due to it’s typing the attack did succeed on keeping the other pokemon on the ground.
[break][break]
On the third Inferno from the Vulpix the Talonflame slumped in surrender stopping it’s struggling and letting out a cry of defeat. That prompted Wikolia to triumphantly bark and puff out her chest even as the pokeball Noelani threw hit the other fire type. It made her stumble as the body it disappeared which prompted a chuckle out of the alolan as he waited for the capture to complete.
[break][break]
Once it was done and if successful Noelani would stretch a bit and mutter “Well that was fun.” Once he and Lulu were both done wrapping up things and preparing to part, he would throw a two-finger salute towards the woman “See ya around. Hopefully next time we meet it’s not in a dark and creepy place eh?”

Capture Attempt

Party:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Nesty Business [M]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 5:20:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: