2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
one last ring-ting-tingle [mm]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 15:41:09 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e had assumed there would only be three dates for the night. When he had went to turn his slip with his third, very stressful, date and had been handed another name... well, Chu-e wasn't exactly unhappy, more so just tired.

The night was drawing to a close even around him, but he still made himself comfortable at his chosen location while he waited on the other to show. It was one of the more ornate areas, a little cafe corner booth. There was a very detailed winter scene village set up, a toy train driving though the tiny hillside tunnels. He watched it idly, waiting not only on his 'date' but also a plate of sweet apple handpies. Chu-e wasn't really hungry but maybe would be.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 23:46:31 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

A shadow soon covered the young man's table, and no, it was no waiter here to ask if he needed another drink.

Though one could hope.

A youth stood over the table, grinning lazily at the man seated down, clearly just about as done with the night as he was.

Probably more so, if the thoroughly drenched suit that hung off his frame was anything to go by.

With jacket hanging off his shoulders and tie having clearly been more attempted than actually made, the supreme confidence the young man exuded was probably in part liquid courage.

"Hey, nice place, ain't it?" He said as he slipped onto his seat, sighing in relief. His feet had been killing him, after walking all the way back from the coast with his previous date.

Still- propping his chin lazily over one palm, the youth leaned closer, grinning wide.

"Name's Doug. Yer Ki, right? Tell me- has yer day been as fun mine?"

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 5:10:10 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
When his 'date' did finally appear, Chu-e couldn't help the small puff of amused laughter at the other's state.

"Yeah, I'm Ki. Ji-hoon. Call me whichever you prefer." Another hum as the hand pies were sat on the table, smelling warm and sweet and dusted with powdered sugar. Chu-e took one and sat on a napkin, debating if he wanted to nibble. "I guess your last date was as 'fun' as mine, Doug?" He gave a pointed look to the other's clothes.

Well, it wasn't his problem if there would be a little extra clean up after they left. Shame for the kid's clothes, though.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 0:09:58 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

The youth simply winked, never one to kiss and tell.

"Uh uh uh! That was my question." He said, parrying as he stretched his arms and legs with a grunt before slouching back into his seat, sighing in relief. "But, totally unrelated word for the wise: 'bandoned rafts found by the beachside are not sea worthy vessels."

Not that it would stop him from jumping atop one if invited him again.

He looked around the small cafe, feeling all the efforts of the day weigh down on him now that he wasn't moving any longer.

"So I take it 'tis more like our break round." He said with a laugh.

He gestured to one of the waiters, grinning at them in response to the look his drenched clothes gathered before holding out his hand expectantly for the menu.

"Well, don't mind it one bit." After the warzone with and the drunken sailing with Skyler, he welcomed a moment of respite as the final date.

And hey, his date wasn't bad looking either.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 12:46:26 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Well, honestly," Chu-e started, amused by 's bravado more than anything. "My first two dates were fun. But my last one was kind of the pits. Maybe we can make this one better?" He snorted some, a tired grin lighting up his face a bit.

"Get whatever the hell you want on the menu, kid. You bagged yourself a rich one and it's on me." Humming, he took a sip of his own drink, just a simple dessert tea to compliment the sweets he had ordered. Sadly, perhaps, for Doug, he was much too young for Chu-e's tastes. Chu-e thought he was cute! But it was in the same way someone thought a kitten or a surly dog was cute. You just didn't want to kiss them.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 13:16:31 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Don't mind if I do." Said Doug, not an ounce of shame in tone or body as he flipped from the menu's salads to the premium cuts in the same breath. "Finally, someone who treats me right."

He almost managed to keep a straight face while he said this.

"So what did my predecessor do, anyway?" He said as he snapped the menu closed and held it up to the waiter, his suitably impressive, shameless order in place. "Not ordering the Rib Eyes, I hope."

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 13:27:25 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
It seemed would be eating enough for both of them. Well, that was more than okay. It's not like Chu-e managed to eat much nowadays anyway. As such, his own order was rather modest; he didn't like to waste food.

"Wasn't his fault. Just brought up some bad memories." Chu-e shrugged it off. It was more than that, as he never enjoyed being recognized. But, in the end, as long as kept his mouth shut, Chu-e didn't really care what he did or why he did it. Mostly, he was just tired and a bit disappointed in himself that he couldn't be a better conversationalist to his current 'date'.

"So, you had three other dates before this, right? How many ended with a smooch? That's technically not telling." Chuckling, Chu-e hoped the other would buy into the abrupt change in subject.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 14:18:53 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Well, wasn't that a bummer. Luckily for them both, Doug was very good at avoiding touchy subjects. Ki had just slightly touched unto one, but it wasn't anything serious.

"Nah. My previous dates went on for a bit longer than a 'speed' date." He said with a chuckle, "I did get a smooch on the second one. Don't think she was interested, though."

Something told him she- and Ki- were not interested in people quite this much younger than them. Probably common sense.

"Don't mind one way or another- Didn't sign up expecting romance." He said as he leaned his head atop his palm, looking out into the cobbled streets with a bland smile. "How about ya, Ki? Got any luck on yer dates? The first two, 'course."

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 18:44:11 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"That's nice, though. On my second date, I gave a little cheek kiss. Kind of wished I'd went for the butt grab, too...." Chu-e signed, almost wistful. "He was real cute. First date was super sweet but not exactly my type. And, well, the last date I've mentioned." But he shrugged it off with a small grin.

"I know what you mean! I just signed up because I was in the area and it seemed fun. I've not been back in Hoenn for very long. Most of my old friends have left with all the weird happenings of the last few years. Thought it might be nice to meet some new folks, 'an all. Ya' know?"
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 2:51:13 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Bold, aren't ya?" He said with a laugh. He hadn't considered pulling that stunt on either of his dates, but then, he preferred keeping his face slap-free. But who knew? "Maybe you would have even gotten lucky... Now you'll never know!"

"Yeah. After all that's been happening, meeting new people seemed... like a good idea." He said, his face blanking out. How sensitive he had become, this past few months. Now even this was button, huh?

As the waiter arrived with their food, and it was quite a lot of food, Doug tried to shake off the thoughts and focus entirely on the meal before him, forcing a grin for Ki as he clapped both hands together, closing his eyes.

"Thank you for the meal!"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?