awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
where you'll sample miss selena's meat pies [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 11:38:24 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Eggs. Bags of flour. Herb kits. Condiments. Legumes. And slices of skiddo shank.

Selena crosses everything on her shopping list but she and Calliope stroll through the Lilycove Department Store aisles for a little longer, hoping to find the perfect addition for the goat pies she will make for Vantage's bake sale.

The succulent aroma of the braising shank. The crisp touch of the pie's crust. The budding anticipation as the knife thrusts into the pastry.

Selena knows there is something that could add flavor into the rather complex dish to make it more interesting. The pinkette finally stops by the wine racks and decides to inspect a bottle or two, turning to her gardevoir for a little suggestion.

“Yes, I know you want to pick the Desmarais because of the nostalgic aroma. Moreso, Daddy's nose will flare up once he learns we aren't using his product.”

But she won't give up on choosing something else. Even when they brand themselves as the most tasting wine in the region, and probably the entire globe, she is yet to hear anyone else complementing their liquor. So she closes in on one of the shoppers, approaching as she asks for their professional opinion—not that she assumes they know their bourbons from ales.

“Excuse me. I'm having a hard time picking which pinot noire works best on braised skiddo. Can you suggest something?” With both bottle on either hands, the manufactured cluelessness on Selena's face is confirmed by Calliope's yowling.

close tab

played by

readlliea

The Underbiter
he/him
September 2
undiscovered
butler
grunt
n/a
single
12 height
12 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
49 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mercutio
Mercutio Kyle
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 21:14:26 GMT
Mercutio Kyle Avatar
The question came as a surprise to the large man, though Mercutio turned his head to look at her. His green gaze looked from one bottle to the next, reading their labels and trying to figure out the best response to her question. While he didn't cook in the Apricot Household, he did help once in a while. He often picked up additional groceries for things and sometimes he had to help stir things in the kitchen. So he would sometimes ask about things, pick something up.Truthfully he prefered baking over cooking and there were times he made sweets for the children of the Apricot household. Course..he didn't bake for anything big. More for his own personal enjoyment and cheering up the two heirs.

"I believe that depends on just what you wish to do with it as well as the flavor profile you're looking for." Mercutio answered, putting his fingers to his chin as he pondered the answer still. "Skiddo shanks are tough, so braising it is the best way to go as that will help make it tender. What kind of dish are you preparing with the skiddo shanks?"

Once braised you could make it into thin slices for sandwiches, just leave the meat as it was in the oven, or even turn it into a stew. There was many possibilities for a dish.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 16:47:05 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Never does Selena expect she'll run into someone who knows what they're talking about. But as far as she is concerned, the man only answered safely and doesn't provide anything conclusive.

“I'm actually making a pie out of it.”

The Desmarais has a complex flavor that may prove difficult to pair with other dishes, but being the supposed heiress of the conglomerate, she has been trained since her younger years to get accustomed to its profile that anything she cooks with it produces an astronomical taste.

“I think I want it savory with a proper balance of sweetness and saltiness.”

close tab

played by

readlliea

The Underbiter
he/him
September 2
undiscovered
butler
grunt
n/a
single
12 height
12 height
awards
49 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mercutio
Mercutio Kyle
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 23:24:30 GMT
Mercutio Kyle Avatar
A pie huh? Well then, that could complicate thing a bit.

"Well Merlot, Malbec, and Caberent Sauvignon all can help with the savory side. These do help compliment the bold flavors of the dish and often they're already a earthy/ pepper flavor." Mercutio suggested. "Skiddo meat tends to absorb the flavor very well when cooked with wine sauces...though I'm not sure if that would change in pie form.."

This was honestly the only thing he could think of to suggest at the moment. Again, he wasn't...good with the fancy cooking. Sweets and deserts were one thing, dishes for meals was just...a complicated matter.

"In general, look for something of the red wine variety in the point noirs if you don't fancy either of those options.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 7:17:53 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Selena crosses her arms in a deliberate manner, carefully considering the other guy's opinion.

“Wouldn't that intensify the flavor? Make its taste sharp?”

She begins to understand the complexity of her ambition. Especially in a pie, the braised meat will continue to cook with the dough and the more it cooks, it can probably ruin the taste if there is nothing that can help neutralize its sharpness.

The pinkette's eyes seek those of the stranger's, a bright idea pops into her head.

“Why don't you help me cook these pies? It's for Lilycove, anyway.” She holds out her hand. “I'm Selena.”

close tab

played by

readlliea

The Underbiter
he/him
September 2
undiscovered
butler
grunt
n/a
single
12 height
12 height
awards
49 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mercutio
Mercutio Kyle
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 21:48:14 GMT
Mercutio Kyle Avatar
"It would strengthen it." Mercutio agreed, giving a nod. "Which is why care is needed when making any sauce, the amount used would affect how much the flavor gets empowered but what else in the dish always plays a role in that too. After all, a meat pie doesn't just have meat in it. You can put vegetables in there that can help balance the boldness of the point noir as it soaks into the meat."

A surprised expression came to his face as the offer was given. Well....that....Mercutio didn't know if he'd be that helpful to her in the way she needed. Sure he knew a little bit about the matter but he never really did a fancy dish before.

"I'm not a marvelous cook..." mercutio admitted. "I know a few things but probably not near your level of expertise...however I'd be willing to help you out in other ways that I can."

It didn't hurt to be honest with her on this. He wasn't a Chef. He had heard about the competition and while there was a thought for a moment to join in with some sort of pastry or sweet, he voted against it. So many other people deserved to take part. Maybe just helping someone out with their dream was a good enough thing to do?

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 6:06:06 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“Don't be so modest! I love how you go in full detail about how to make sauces for stew. I'm sure you'd be a helpful addition!”

She pulls the man's wrist and drags him towards the counter. It doesn't even matter because Selena is not also a chef, she's just a cooking enthusiast with a lot of knowledge about Kalosian liquor and nothing else.

“Even though the war ends and the most of the buildings are rebuilt, there are still a few people in this city that are heavily affected and that includes the homeless.” She explains. “That's why Vantage is doing this so we can generate funds in creating a new home for them.”

close tab

played by

readlliea

The Underbiter
he/him
September 2
undiscovered
butler
grunt
n/a
single
12 height
12 height
awards
49 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mercutio
Mercutio Kyle
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 6:48:58 GMT
Mercutio Kyle Avatar
"I'm just...saying the limited knowledge I know in order to help..." Mercutio admitted.

Her hand wraps around his wrist easily and pulls him along, could he have resisted? Yes. But that would be horribly rude of him considering he had already agreed to help her out if he was able to. Since he already agreed, it was only right that he went along with her.

"I see...I had only heard about the contest and not much about what it was for." Mercutio replied. "They are right, many people are still affected. I'm happy to see that this wishes to have a positive influence."

Oh the many times that contests were secretly not for anything positive.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 11:23:25 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“Oh... yes. We're having that contest.”

Her arms immediately pull out from the man, distaste visible on her face.

“But it's mostly due to my father's insistence and efforts. Not mine! I don't take any credit for that.”

As soon as the cashier packs up their goods, she gets to take all of them and not leave anything for to carry. Her gardevoir takes it upon herself to carry others that will be difficult for her trainer alone.

Eventually, he is led to the company headquarters where a bunch of staff has greeted the Kalosian gym leader. They proceed to follow her into the kitchen, them tucking their sleeves as they walk the hall.

“Everyone, meet...” Her eyes meet the man's, who she realizes has not yet really introduced himself. “Sorry, what's your name again?”

close tab

played by

readlliea

The Underbiter
he/him
September 2
undiscovered
butler
grunt
n/a
single
12 height
12 height
awards
49 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mercutio
Mercutio Kyle
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 22:04:00 GMT
Mercutio Kyle Avatar
Mercutio caught onto her tone of voice and the stop in pulling on him made him confused.

"I'm sorry, have I said something wrong? My deepest apologizes if so, I didn't mean to offend or anger you madam." Mercutio apologized.

What had he done wrong? It had to be something he said right? She was fine up to this point....contest...was that it? Was it because this act of charity was being done through a competition? It wasn't ideal, he could see that but...did that word have a more negative meaning than just that? He didn't know....he didn't know this lady....oh dear. What had he done tooffend her? Thinking he could make it up by carrying something, he was quickly unable to do so as she was quick to scoop evrything up and go on ahead. A small sigh left him as he stood there but he ended up following after her.

A company building came into view and that already told him that if his boss found out about his blunder, well..he probably was in some trouble. A company building meant wealth and a buisness, the fact she was taking food items there meant she either lived there or was part of the family. Still he followed along and stayed quiet until they arrived to the kitchen. The man worked to roll up his sleeves as the young lass spoke a introduction but she soon brought up the important question.

"Mercutio Kyle, pleasure to meet you all." Mercutio greeted, giving a formal bow.

Sure they were mostly staff in this kitchen and he took was just a member of staff at the Apricot Household. But he found it better to be formal even with those of his shared standing. With his sleeves rolled up, he made sure they were secured, and moved to wash his hands.

"Where would you like to begin?" he asked.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 4:47:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: