tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
challenge accepted [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 23:53:17 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
Stepping into Lilycove’s gym, Hendrix let’s out a sharp whistle as he’s thoroughly impressed by the facility’s cutting-edge technology and cleanliness. It’s a far cry from the gym in Petalburg. Smiling, he approaches the receptionist’s desk, taking out his ID card and pressing it against the counter.

”I’m here for my appointed challenge.” he says with a charming smile forming from his lips.

The format is simple, they’re to conduct a single battle with two pokemon. Feeling rather confident with his Charizard and Ditto at the side as the Ditto can adapt to any situation it’s in. The redheaded trainer politely waits.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
challenge accepted [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 9:15:45 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“Good morning, Mr. Emmerson.”

Shortly after he's inquired about his appointment, Selena descends the staircase leading into the visitor's lounge of the gym hall. Selena has just reviewed the challenge and has with her the pokemons she will use for the match.

“Care to walk me outside of the facility?”

It is a rare request for the Lilycove gym leader to do so, as battles often happen inside her castle's courtyard. But then the challengers won't probably notice that there is also an arena outside, dedicated for outdoor battles with a spectacular sight of the eastern sea.

“I rarely use this when having a traditional challenge.” She tries to make a small conversation as they descend the steps into a grassy opening just a few feet before the sandy terrain of the coastline. “That's why I'm very excited for this match. I hope you give all your best for this!”

GYM CHALLENGE: TRADITIONAL - SINGLE

#
close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
challenge accepted [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 6:12:34 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
Somewhat perplexed by the woman’s request, Hendrix nods in response. ”Sure.”

Hearing the eagerness and the slight excitement in the woman’s tone causes him to feel some trepidation towards the challenge; after all, gym leaders are skilled battlers and while he has experience, he’s normally the one battling, not his pokemon.

Taking a deep breath and steeling himself much like he does when masquerading as the Pokken Rider, Hendrix quietly swallows his jitters before turning back to the woman with confidence and fire in his eyes. ”Of course. That’s the only thing I have to give you.”

Reaching behind his belt, he whips out a pokeball, tossing it into the air. A loud pop rings out from the pokeball followed by a vigorous growl then an earthshaking thud as a Charizard descends and lands onto the ground – with flame wreathing from its lips.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
challenge accepted [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 7:09:20 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“That's great!”

At the sight of the charizard on the arena, Selena backs down a couple of steps before she hurls her pokeball, revealing a verdant beast roughly the same size as the fire lizard.

“Ascal will be my first pokemon.”

The sceptile emerges from a red light, quietly observing his opponents while his bladed arms are raised in preparation.

“Should we take the first move?”

The gecko lunges at an incredible speed, his DOUBLE TEAM producing afterimages that makes it difficult for the charizard to recognize the real one.

SCEPTILE uses DOUBLE TEAM.

#
close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
challenge accepted [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 3:30:38 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
Eyeing the giant green gecko emerge from its pokeball, Hendrix nearly underestimates his opponent as he flashes her a great big grin; however, he’s immediately taken aback by its great speed. His eyes narrow upon watching the Sceptile multiply with after images.

Realizing that even his Charizard is having difficulty trying to figure out which one is the real one, he clicks his tongue a few times. Its horns slightly perk as it lowers its head – the embers quickly puffing out into black smoke as a cloud of smog quickly smothers over the large gecko, preventing it from taking further action thanks to the SMOKESCREEN.

With the large smoke all around, the Charizard leaps high into the air, using its great big wings to pull it higher as it stares down at the cloud of smoke beneath it, waiting for the Sceptile to emerge.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
challenge accepted [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 7:25:27 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
If Hendrix thinks the smokescreen gives him and the charizard a bit of an advantage, he might be mistaken for it is exactly what Selena and Ascal have in mind. Despite taking the skies as the lizard's domain, the least it expects of what the sceptile is capable of midair.

“Lunge at it!”

But it is not Ascal that leaps from the earth, but the boulders it bore with his incredible speed. As he dashes in a circular manner, the ROCKS SLIDE through the centrifugal force, targeting his opponent above the air. With this attack, he also hopes of dissipating the smokescreen that blurs his vision.

SCEPTILE has DOUBLE TEAM.
SCEPTILE uses ROCK SLIDE.

#

close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
challenge accepted [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 9:00:19 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
Hendrix winces as the Charizard comes throttling down from the air and towards the ground, the single blow from the powerful rocks knocking it out. He immediately holds out his pokeball, absorbing the giant winged lizard back through a red beam before it crashes.

"Not quite what I expected." he says, frowning slightly from disappointment. He presses the button on a new pokeball and tosses outwards, a Ditto emerging from its confines. "It's your turn Copycat!" he shouts.

As if on cue, the Ditto quickly uses TRANSFORM, taking the shape of the Sceptile.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
challenge accepted [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 22:18:12 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
If anything, Selena doesn't also expect the charizard to be falling so easily. Is sceptile really that powerful, or is the charizard really that vulnerable? After all, Ascal's attack is one that is deemed more effective against its type.

And now, she is hoping her sceptile knows how to deal with himself.

“I know this is your first time battling yourself. I know you can ace this, Ascal!”

With the speed from his double team, the gecko sprints to lunge at the enemy sceptile with dotted eyes, bladed arms lifted to attempt a CROSS POISON against it.

SCEPTILE uses CROSS POISON.

#
close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
challenge accepted [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 22:31:15 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
Seeing the multiple Sceptile charge at the newly emerged copycat, Hendrix holds a hand out. ”Counter!” he demands.

Lunging out towards the multiple sceptile, the Copycat keeps its composure, waiting for the real on to strike at it as it quickly retaliates, swiping at it with its own CROSS POISON in hopes of exchanging blows.

The redhead winces slightly at the thought, but this seems par the course towards how the pokemon would react considering it occasionally acts as his double when he runs around as the Pokken Rider.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
challenge accepted [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 22:40:31 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Eventually, their venomous blades will clash with one another like two metals struggling to assert its strength over the other. Selena realizes this as a call for stalemate and immediately recalls Ascal from his position.

“Find a way around it!”

Sceptile sprints back, hovering at a safe distance against the creature before he stomps onto the ground, boring ROCKS (SLIDE) from the earth before sending them onto the copycat's way.

SCEPTILE uses ROCK SLIDE.

#
close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
challenge accepted [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 22:50:49 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
Hendrix can’t help but feel slightly disappointed over his team composition, but what more can he expect when he’s not the one actually fighting? Reaching out a pokeball, he recalls the Doppeltile back into its pokeball, giving the pink-haired woman a smile.

”I forfeit!” he suddenly calls out.

Putting the Pokeball away, he looks over at the woman. ”You’ve given me some food for thought. I’ll definitely need to come back with some proper strategies.”

Giving her a casual wave, he begins walking away. ”It was nice meeting you Selena!”

hendrix forfeits and takes the loss!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,898 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
challenge accepted [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 1:25:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: