[attr="class","lyric"]
THE PAGODAS AND THE PALACES

[attr="class","sublyric"]
DRESSED IN GOLD

[attr="class","title"]
ARTHUR FINNIAN VANDERBILT

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

There were many things that Arthur Finnian Vanderbilt could claim to fame. First off, he was the first son and therefore heir to the Circhester throne. Secondly, he was a swordsman, having been taught the very, very important art of fencing from a young age. There were a lot of other skills as well, though all practically negligible - he was a prince, he was expected to have them. There were also, of course, more unfortunate claims to fame as well — he'd been the first member of royalty to vandalize Ms. Chambers' - his childhood tutor, for all intents and purposes - Torterra. Though perhaps vandalism was putting it a bit strongly. He'd been five, and the weapons of choice had been crayons had been one he'd stolen from his mother's study.

[break][break] To summarize, there were many things that Arthur Finnian Vanderbilt could claim, but perhaps smart ideas were not one of them.

[break][break] "I have to sign up?" he said, with a huff.

[break][break] The receptionist at the VANTAGE headquarters look flustered. Though it was hard to tell whether it was because she actually recognized Artie for who he was, or that he was simply a young, handsome man. She tucked a strand of cotton-candy pink hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry, sir. Gym policy is - "

[break][break] He placed a hand on his hip, where his trusty Honedge lay. "But there's no one challenging right now?"

[break][break] "Well, not right this instant, but - " The challenger, apparently, was running a tad late.

[break][break] "But the Gym leader's free? She's ready for a challenge, right?"

[break][break] "Yes, but, sir."

[break][break] "And you just said, all I need is my ID right? I have it right here." He flashed the glossy card at her, glittering with the royal emblem.

[break][break] "Yes, but - as you can see, there is already an appointment for - "

[break][break] "Lemme see." Without a regard for the woman's personal space, he leaned down and grabbed the sheet of paper in question. Sure, enough, in the next appointment slot, the name was written down. Funny, Artie didn't recognize her. She must not have been important.

[break][break] "Do you have a pen?"

[break][break] "I - yes - but sir, what are you - "

[break][break] Nimbly, Artie grabbed it from her, crossing out the other offender's name and putting in his own, with the proper credentials. "Well, she's not here right now. And you know, I'm sure - " He paused, as he thought of the leader's name. He had googled it. "Serena is a very busy lady. You wouldn't want to keep her waiting right?"

[break][break] There was probably something somewhere about Gym Leaders being nitpicky, or divas. Right? There had to be?

[break][break] Speaking of...

[break][break] With a smile, Artie turned on his heel and headed for the gym's exit. The gym's space was too small for the battle itself, he was sure, plus he liked the feeling of seasalt air that the beach offered. He gave a backhand wave. "I'll get ready outside!"

[break][break]

[break][break] A few minutes later, Arthur Finnian Vanderbilt could be found on the shores of Mossdeep. He was like a beautiful silhouette, sandy blond hair, eyes as blue as the ocean they stared out at. Beside his side was Badar, ready for battle. The flubby Seal twitched his whiskers as he readied himself for to make an appearance.

[attr="class","pokestats"]

♂ BADAR / ability thick fat [break]
defense curl, rollout, aurora beam, blizzard, surf, hail

[attr="class","ooc"]+ tagged for [break]
+ also, i have permission from castaway for this particular set-up. hope thats ok! if not, shoot me a dm and i'll fix it ^^

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]

[newclass=.honeycomb] width:490px; background:#2B2B2B; padding:30px 30px 0px 30px; border:1px solid #232323; border-radius:10px; margin:0px auto; position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb] --accent:#69eefe;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb b] color:var(--accent); font-size:12px;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb i] color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb:hover .top] filter:none; transition:2s all;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .top] background:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/790078498109915158/798747276787843072/original.png); opacity:0.95; filter:contrast(120%) grayscale(30%); height:250px; padding-top:20px; background-size:cover; position:relative; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .top .lyricbox] position:absolute; width:190px; right:0px; top:20px;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .top .lyric] color:#fff; font:italic 35px roboto; line-height:30px; text-shadow: -2px -2px 0 #69eefe, 1px -1px 0 #69eefe, -2px 1px 0 #69eefe, 1px 1px 0 #69eefe; letter-spacing:2px; font-weight:bold; margin-bottom:5px; text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .top .sublyric] font:18px poppins; font-weight:bold; color:#000; background:var(--accent); text-align:center;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .title] text-align:right; font:8px roboto; margin-top:5px; letter-spacing:5px; padding-right:10px;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .main] font:11px roboto; text-align:justify; padding:20px; color:#fff; border-bottom:10px solid #69eefe; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .main::first-line] color:var(--accent); font:14px playfair display;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .textbox] padding:0px 30px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent)[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .pkmntab] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; padding-bottom:20px;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .pkmntab img] filter:grayscale(100%); background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5); border-radius:100px; padding-bottom:10px; position:relative; z-index:99; transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .pkmntab img:hover] filter:none; transition:1s all; background:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .flower] background:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); height:450px; width:450px; bottom:0px; right:0px; position:absolute; z-index:1;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .ooc]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-left:10px; margin-top:10px; padding-top:10px; font-size:9px; font-family:roboto mono; [/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb a]text-transform:uppercase;font-family:playfair display; [/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .avvieicon]height:90px; float:left; margin-right:5px; padding:10px 15px 12px 5px;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .pokestats]text-align:center; padding:20px 0px; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5); margin:20px 0px; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Inconsolata|Poppins:700|Montserrat|Lobster|Playfair+Display|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
I'M A STAR [gym challenge]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 8:14:16 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
The moment she descends the stairs, Selena finds her receptionist scrambling in noticeable frustration. The document piles are messy, the phones are buzzing, and her hair is a bit more out of place than the last time she saw her. But that's just half of her problem especially when her boss approaches her for today's schedule.

“Umm, ahh... you're supposed to have a match with Ms. but her slot is... uh,” Seeing her more closely, she can notice the waterfalls of pure nervousness breaking down her face.

“Chill down, okay? I'm sure it's not something we can't handle.” She looks forward to the day that another Silph enters her premises. Perhaps, it's because through battles one can truly get acquainted with another person. After having a battle with , however, it comes as a surprise the Elite Four finally decides to take her gym challenge.

But as things are unfortunate for Selena, no such meeting will happen today. Instead...

“A guy named .” She notices the ink crossing out her name in favor of the other. Selena huffs, “What a douche. Okay, so where can I meet him?”

The receptionist leads her to the field outside her gym. She usually prefers doing challenges inside the gym's courtyard but the challenger takes it upon himself to use the outside. “I'll take it from here,” the gym leader assures her staff.

She begins scrambling away while her boss makes deliberate strides, the clacking of heels hit the stone pavements that brings her to the seaside arena.

GYM CHALLENGE: TRADITIONAL - SINGLE

#
close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
mirror, mirror on the wall
45 height
45 height
IN THE PALACE OF VERSAILLES, BEFORE THE FALL
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
arthur finnian vanderbilt
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 4:40:13 GMT
arthur finnian vanderbilt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","honeycomb"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","lyricbox"]
[attr="class","lyric"]

DRESSED IN GOLD

[attr="class","title"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

There is no one on the beach for miles - at least no one important. So when shows up, her pink hair floating in the wind, the Circhester heir's immediately gravitate to hers. His face lights up with a glow as he waves her over broadly.

[break][break] "Hi there!" he greets, full of charm.

[break][break] Artie is well-versed in speaking to diplomats and aristocrats due to his upbringing, so there is no hesitation to his step or nervousness when he approaches her. He smiles blithely at her, seasalt blowing past through sandyblond hair, "My name is Arthur Finnian Vanderbilt," he says, with a slight courtesy. The Honedge at his side gives a slight gleam of light as the sunshine sparks against the metal. "Pleasure to meet your acquaintance."

[break][break] When he stands up again, he looks around at the seaside arena, before looking back at her. If he registers any animosity on her head due to events that were - in his opinion - beyond his control, he doesn't mention it. "Are we going to battle here? Or is there somewhere you might prefer?"

+ --

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 9:14:36 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
In all honesty, she is surprised the challenger knows her at all. Perhaps it is the pink hair that gives it away, since not a lot of gym leaders have the same color as her. Actually, she's the only one she knows.

But it is more surprising that he does not know who the Elite Four is. He will surely be surprised if he gets to complete his gym challenge. If he ever gets to complete it.

“We can do it here.” Her response may seem as cold as the January Lilycove breeze, but it is just the way it is when you already have disappointed her.

“I hope you get to prove what you're really capable of.” She retrieves her pokeballs, then inspects them one by one. After picking the one she prefers, she throws the capsule into the arena.

“I'd like to give you the first move.”

NOTE: Delphox has a Z-move, but she won't probably use it anyway.

#
close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 18:42:22 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","lyric"]

DRESSED IN GOLD

[attr="class","title"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

It is a good thing that Lilycove - or Hoenn, for that matter - is nowhere near as cold as Circhester this time of the year. The coldness of 's voice carries with the seaside wind, but it does not land on the young man's ears. His smile is blithe and carefree as he takes her in response, returning to his spot several yards away from her to make room for the battle.

[break][break] “I hope you get to prove what you're really capable of.”

[break][break] "That's the plan," the blond laughs in response, blue gaze following curiously at the pokeball that she draws from her belt. She seems to take careful care in choosing her pokemon, which is not much of a surprise to Artie. She wouldn't have been a gym trainer without it, right? As she finally decides on one and releases it into the air, Artie is struck with a random memory of facing off against the kingdom's Maitre d'Armes for the first time.

[break][break] "Okay!" he grins, and then looks to Badar. "Here we go then. Badar, let's make it rain!"

[break][break] Of course, the command is a metaphor at best. The pokemon's body begins a dull glow as clouds darken in the sky above them, dropping snow and ice from the sky in a storm of hail and wind. Having grown up by snowy mountaintops all his life, the cold doesn't bother Artie in the slightest.

BADAR USES HAIL!

+ --

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 6:39:53 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Circe takes note of the sealeo's movements in order to plan out her attacks properly. After the creature sends out hail in the battlefield, the delphox holds out her wand as a pink wave of energy pulsates from its end.

The FUTURE SIGHT drawing advantage in the situation.

“Any time now.” Selena teases, perhaps trying to draw the pokemon nearby her delphox to instigate her plan of action.

DELPHOX is hit by hail. It deals low damage.
DELPHOX uses FUTURE SIGHT.

#
close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 6:59:48 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","lyric"]

DRESSED IN GOLD

[attr="class","title"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

Cold pulls around him, and ice crystals shimmer in the prince's hair. He touches a bang absently, watching the cold drip down before shaking his head free of them. He looks back at Badar on the summertime battle field turned into a winter storm; he looks as home as he did back in Circhester.

[break][break] His opponent's Delphox, however, seems unphased. It waves it's wand in the air, the flame shimmering.

[break][break] "That's cute," Artie calls over the roar of the wind. "Think I could buy one somewhere?" It doesn't strike Artie that some things just can't be bought.

[break][break] Meanwhile, the Sealeo slaps his flippers against the sand. A tremendous wave is erected in front of him, seemingly out of nowhere, looming threateningly over the Delphox for a second before it all comes crashing down.

BADAR USES SURF!

+ --

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 7:09:28 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“If you can get one from a delphox, that is.”

She is far from the challenger, so she doesn't know if Arthur catches her eyes rolling. Being raised from an affluent family herself, she has been used to growing with people who thinks and acts exactly like him. And that's part of the reason why she wants to escape the kind of life that she's brought upon—because they—he—irritates her.

“Raise your defenses!”

She shouts, bracing the incoming wave with her delphox. Circe raises her wand against the current, a LIGHT SCREEN being erected in-front, catching the bulk of water as it pushes her down.

DELPHOX uses LIGHT SCREEN.
DELPHOX is hit by SURF. It deals normal damage.

#
close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 6:04:22 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","lyric"]

DRESSED IN GOLD

[attr="class","title"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

"Touche," Artie laughs, delighted. She's funny!

[break][break] The idea of catching one from a Delphox is laughable, partially because the boy has no interest in fire-types but also because it is such a clever rebuttal. Perhaps, he thinks, he may be able to convince one of the butlers at home to see if they can capture a Delphox for him and steal their wand — though, that probably wouldn't be nearly as entertaining or good as being able to do it himself.

[break][break] Ah. Wasn't that the reason he came to Hoenn in the first place? To try things himself? Hm. What a dilemma.

[break][break] Selena rolls her eyes at him. The Circhester prince doesn't take notice, and even if he did, it is doubtful that it would have had any effect. He has had more than his fair share of people roll their eyes at him, but he's always dismissed them to having problems with their eyesight. What an unfortunate problem for the working class.

[break][break] Badar's wave comes crashing down in a heartbeat, but the Delphox is faster. Or maybe his trainer is. Either way, light sparks from the fire-type as it throws up a barrier to deflect the attack. It is a clever move, Artie must admit, but they will be more so. After all, they were royalty. "Freeze her!" Artie calls, his voice suddenly sharp as it pierces through the air.

[break][break] With the power of the surrounding Hail to aid him, the Sealeo releases a BLIZZARD. Crystals form rapidly around him before he bellows out a winter storm, turning the former water attack to a prison made of permafrost.

BADAR USES BLIZZARD!

+ --

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 6:45:48 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
At first glance, it seems Circe is at a disadvantage with the entire situation lest he forgets about the screen, but Circe and Selena has worked for so long that it is impossible to get out of any precarious situation without making enough damage.

“Resist!”

Circe gets through the hail by the protection of her psychic shield; while ice passes through the sides that it fails to cover, it protects her from the bulk that will be enough to freeze her. Instead, she takes advantage of the moment to connect with her opponent in a fatal blow.

“Now attack!”

The vixen's wand glows a light yellow as it flicks it in-front of the opponent. SHOCK WAVE builds up on its on end, then when she deems it big enough, she sends it towards the sealeo's way.

DELPHOX raises LIGHT SCREEN (2/5).
DELPHOX is hit by BLIZZARD. It deals low damage.
DELPHOX uses SHOCK WAVE. It bypasses accuracy check.

#
close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 6:18:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","lyric"]

DRESSED IN GOLD

[attr="class","title"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

The blizzard was a little too late — it hit the wave after it splashed over the Delphox's light screen, causing it probably to be less effective than it might have been. It still caused the fire-type some damage though, and froze the rest of the water on the beach, turning the formerly sandy beach into an icy terrain difficult to trespass.

[break][break]Ice shimmered beneath the rising sun and beneath both pokemon's feet by the time Serena shot out her own orders.

[break][break] Again, the Delphox waved it's wand. This time, the glow seemed more yellow than clear, electricity sparked on the end of it. In a matter of seconds, the fire-type flicked it's wand towards Badar and the electricity crackled at lightning-fast speed, too fast for the dual-type to dodge, even if he wanted to.

[break][break] "Use Defense Curl," Artie advised, and the pokemon listened. Badar curled into a ball just in time, the shimmer of his DEFENSE CURL reducing the double-effective damage to normal damage, though pain still crackled around his body and onto the ice below. "And follow through!"

[break][break] Without preamble, the Sealeo surged forward with ROLLOUT, aiming to roll down anything in it's path. The newly-formed ice allowed him to gain speed and momentum rapidly, making him quite a literal bowling ball.

BADAR USES DEFENSE CURL and then ROLLOUT! he is injured by shock wave.

+ --

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 9:09:45 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
The pinkette smirks when electricty seeps through sealeo's body. Despite the fact that it seemingly curls to minimize the damage, it will not be able to diminish its impact. Not until she realizes what its true purpose is.

“Of course, you would do that.”

The opponent's pokemon hit through the delphox's body for several times, pouncing on its flesh repeatedly, beating it up only to realize that it is just an illusion. With her previous FUTURE SIGHT, Circe evades the onslaught from a safe distance where she is able to cast a SHADOW BALL from her wand.

“Follow it up with another electric attack!”

The vixen dashes to the opposite side should the sealeo attempt to escape the other attack, it will be met with another hit of inescapable SHOCK WAVE.

DELPHOX raises LIGHT SCREEN (3/5).
DELPHOX evades ROLLOUT with FUTURE SIGHT
DELPHOX uses SHADOW BALL.

#
close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 20:11:54 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","lyric"]

DRESSED IN GOLD

[attr="class","title"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

With the ice to aid him, the Sealio zoomed forward and crashed into the Delphox's clone. The ice shattered around them, combining with the surrounding hail, as the two collided into each other. It was a perfect move, or at least, it would have been, if his opponent's FUTURE SIGHT didn't go into effect at that very moment.

[break][break] The SHADOW BALL that surged forward from the original Delphox plowed into the dual-type before he could know what was happening, throwing him off the clone and onto the floor. Due to the ice, the pokemon slid around, flippers slapping against the ice.

[break][break] But the Delphox wasn't done. Responding to 's call, electricity crackled from her wand yet again and aimed it for the Sealio. If it hit, it would be double-effective, and frankly, Artie wasn't interested to see what might have happened when it did.

[break][break] "Aurora Beam!" A beam of colorful light shot out of the pokemon's mouth, crashing into the other's electric attack and causing both attacks to turn into sparks of light, disappearing into the surrounding ice.

BADAR uses AURORA BEAM to combat the SHOCKWAVE, and was hit by SHADOW BALL.

+ --

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]

[newclass=.honeycomb] width:490px; background:#2B2B2B; padding:30px 30px 0px 30px; border:1px solid #232323; border-radius:10px; margin:0px auto; position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb] --accent:#69eefe;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb b] color:var(--accent); font-size:12px;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb i] color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb:hover .top] filter:none; transition:2s all;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .top] background:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/790078498109915158/798747276787843072/original.png); opacity:0.95; filter:contrast(120%) grayscale(30%); height:250px; padding-top:20px; background-size:cover; position:relative; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .top .lyricbox] position:absolute; width:190px; right:0px; top:20px;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .top .lyric] color:#fff; font:italic 35px roboto; line-height:30px; text-shadow: -2px -2px 0 #69eefe, 1px -1px 0 #69eefe, -2px 1px 0 #69eefe, 1px 1px 0 #69eefe; letter-spacing:2px; font-weight:bold; margin-bottom:5px; text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .top .sublyric] font:18px poppins; font-weight:bold; color:#000; background:var(--accent); text-align:center;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .title] text-align:right; font:8px roboto; margin-top:5px; letter-spacing:5px; padding-right:10px;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .main] font:11px roboto; text-align:justify; padding:20px; color:#fff; border-bottom:10px solid #69eefe; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .main::first-line] color:var(--accent); font:14px playfair display;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .textbox] padding:0px 30px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent)[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .pkmntab] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; padding-bottom:20px;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .pkmntab img] filter:grayscale(100%); background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5); border-radius:100px; padding-bottom:10px; position:relative; z-index:99; transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .pkmntab img:hover] filter:none; transition:1s all; background:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .flower] background:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); height:450px; width:450px; bottom:0px; right:0px; position:absolute; z-index:1;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .ooc]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-left:10px; margin-top:10px; padding-top:10px; font-size:9px; font-family:roboto mono; [/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb a]text-transform:uppercase;font-family:playfair display; [/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .avvieicon]height:90px; float:left; margin-right:5px; padding:10px 15px 12px 5px;[/newclass][newclass=.honeycomb .pokestats]text-align:center; padding:20px 0px; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5); margin:20px 0px; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Inconsolata|Poppins:700|Montserrat|Lobster|Playfair+Display|Roboto+Mono]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 18:25:08 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
The impact of the sealeo's ice attack explodes with the electricity, and beneath the outburst of light is the veil of silver smoke that engulfs the area. The situation is just favorable for the delphox, who begins to pick up her pace while her hands grip with intensity at her wand.

“Give all your power! You can do it!”

She halts at a distance as her arms wave to form another attack, SHOCK WAVE once again forming at the end of her stick, before she releases the golden orb of energy from both her hands. The ball breaks through the fog like a curtain opening, and at the center of the performance is the glaring delphox ready to knock out her target.

DELPHOX raises LIGHT SCREEN (4/5).

#
close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 22:49:36 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","lyric"]

DRESSED IN GOLD

[attr="class","title"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

The attempt is effective — the colorful beam of light crashes into the electric wave in a combination of silver smoke, which plays well with the Hail in the air that is already starting to dissipate. If this was a Pokemon Contest, perhaps this would be the point in which the crowd would clap in applause and let out a reasonable amount of "Oohs" and "Ahhs".

[break][break] Of course, this is not that. To watch them in this battle, there is only the Lilycove Gym Leader and Artie himself. Though the Circhester prince perhaps might have preferred more of a crowd, he knows better than to dwell on it — there is always an opportunity for next time.

[break][break] Electricity crackles around the fox's wand again, and though there is still smoke in the air, the blond's eyes are quick enough to catch it before the woman shouts her commands. "Now, don't let up yet!" Artie calls back to his pokemon.

[break][break] To others who may not know him, they would find the sudden seriousness in which the blond commands the battle bewildering. For many, they know Artie is somehow who takes life as it comes, someone who rarely spends time thinking about others and also - equally - rarely takes even his own life with such seriousness. He is, in general, flippant about most things, and one would assume that battling would only follow suit.

[break][break] Those people, however, do not know Artie.

[break][break] Electricity crackles in the air as the shockwave bursts from the fox's wand once more, and Baldar readies his own move in turn. After all, don't fix what's broken right? He takes a deep breath and a colorful beam forms in his mouth once more, shooting out into the air between them and crashing into the shockwave in the same way that it had seconds earlier.

Following suit, BADAR uses AURORA BEAM to combat Shockwave.

+ --

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]