4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 3:43:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

A huff of air left her, amused maybe. “The only time I’ve seen you battle recently was…” The War. Her eyes averted for a moment, and she decided not to bring it up. Moving on.

“Show me. I’m asking now.” Really, it was more like telling him. The corner of her lips twitched up a bit. She would try to milk this for all it was worth, and it was clear in her face. “All of them.”

This might’ve been bold thing to ask the Underboss, if he hadn’t been her brother. It didn’t even feel like testing her luck.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 16:04:13 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin picks up on the words left unsaid, offers a curt nod of understanding. The war seemed so long ago, what with his dreams of Dialga and his battle with the Light Devourer that followed, but he knew that for many, the trauma weighed heavily upon them still.

His lips curve into an amused smile at her demand.

"If I tried to release them all here, we'd suffocate," he says lightly... but it's not a refusal. He taps the Corviknight with their pokeballs, and gestures to the door of the lab. "Come, we'll have them bring us to one of the isolated islands nearby. Unless you have your own means of teleportation?"

He had his Claydol, but it seemed too risky to attempt to transport the both of them at once when the submarine was under the sea.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 12:06:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Lulu glanced down at the ground, considering that a moment. She disliked hearing Gavin tell her ‘no’ enough that asking anything of him was nearly out of the question. Stubbornly, she awaited offers and invitations, giving chase to nothing.

Her eyes were brought back up to his when they finally came, unexpectedly.

She didn’t have to tell him yes. Instead, she asked, “Now?”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 12:13:01 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin cants his head, fixing her with a curious look. "We're busy people, but we've set aside the time for work that could be completed later."

A lazy flick of the wrist indicates the gathered samples. Eager as he was to get his hands on results, there were several other steps preventing the immediate conclusion of their research. If they would need to wait regardless...

"What better time?"

He continues walking, but would stop if she did not follow.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 12:28:33 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Her eyes beamed.

Follow she did, eager. This was what she’d wanted, all along. It wasn’t even the pokemon. It was his interest in showing her anything at all. Never mind that he’d taught her many things already, like how to shoot a gun, even. Her appreciation had expired upon his perceived rejection in those days.

Wordlessly, she followed her brother, spirit of a child like a wisp that breathed around her for a moment behind him.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 12:40:33 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
The island is one he's been to before; sweet memories of a fortnight spent in isolation with colour his perception of the place as the psychic Pokémon pulls from his thoughts. In a silent flash, they find themselves upon its sandy shores with a fierce sea breeze pulling at hair and clothes.

He had picked the island not for its memories, but for the knowledge that it was deserted.

"Much as I would love to show them all at once, their temperaments might disagree with one another." A wry smirk suggests he's speaking from experience. "We'll save the best for last, but which ones are you most curious about?"

He lists them, as well as their methods of acquisition: Sandslash, from Rocket's own labs. Aerodactyl, Eelektross, and Tyranitar from his battle with the Light-Devourer. Corviknight, Cryogonal, Roserade, and Miltank who had once belonged to others.

"You've seen Corviknight," he amends, "but it's... different, when it's awake."
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 4:40:46 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

They were transported to a place of sand and sunshine—things Hoenn was not short in. It was much different than Circhester, Galar. This sort of warm, humid environment was her least favorite. The first drop of sweat within her vaguely funeral-worthy attire turned the curve of her expression.

Luckily, the anticipation of what was to come was enough to override her distaste for the elements. She would stand in Lugia’s downpour, and perhaps even in the fire of the world’s ruin, just to witness her brother’s power.

To feel the pride.

Because as much as she envied him, and as much as that stung, this was her blood.

“I want to see your favorites.”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 19:35:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin, too, loathes Hoennian weather. The sun scalds against fair skin, but a light tan along his arms betrays the years he's spent on Hoennian soil. Just as Rocket has marked him as their own, so too has the harsh tropical climate claimed him.

"Hm. A tough choice."

One pokeball is selected immediately, frost forming a thin layer across its surface. Gavin releases its captive immediately, the Sandslash snarling at the wind and sand. Its steely claws dig at the earth as if searching for shelter before it summons a hailstorm to chill the air. The cold it brings is pervasive, biting deep beneath the skin. The risk of frostbite seems high.

Appropriate, then, that the next Pokemon released is a fellow ice-type. The Cryogonal is passive in contrast to the shrew's evident aggression, hovering off the ground and glistening in the few rays of sunlight that penetrate the veil of ice.

"My first," he says of the Sandslash, then motions to Cryogonal, "and one I've sworn to care for. It was 's, once."

He gestures for a demonstration of their power, and Sandslash eagerly leaps toward Cryogonal. Its metal claws threaten to rend the snowflake in two, but suddenly Cryogonal is surrounded by an icy shield.

"Baneful Bunker," Gavin reports. "A move thought exclusive to the Mareanie line. Were Sandslash not a steel-type, it would be poisoned. And if Cryogonal weren't ice-type, or fire, Sandslash's ice chills deeper than anything I've witnessed. It freezes things easily, and those it doesn't freeze, it kills slowly with frost."

There's a dangerous pride in his gaze. Where many feared shadow Pokemon, Gavin adored them.

"Sandslash is... incredibly aggressive. Cryogonal, on the other hand, is the tamest shadow Pokémon I've ever interacted with. I'm not sure why."
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 22:14:24 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The speed at which the air cooled was jarring. Mercilessly passing through levels of comfortable, it delivered a harsh chill which frosted the beachy sweat sheening on her skin. What the fuck. She shivered, rubbing ice off of her arms and staring at the vicious looking create who had caused the drop in temperature.

“Feels almost like we’re back home.” she mused, but it sounded odd on her tongue. Circhester was hardly home anymore. The slight twist of her face and shake of her head made it clear she regretted the words as soon as she’d said them. Nevermind.

Lulu’s eyes narrowed some at his explanation of the Cryogonal’s origin. Why would a Beast like give it up? Gavin was specializing, maybe?

That sounds useful…” she said in regards to the sandslash’s exception freezing powers.

Her gaze shifted to the cryogonal, then. The docile one, if you could call a shadow pokémon such. “Interesting. Were they both created by the machine?”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 23:48:19 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Home.

Gavin catches 's look of disgust and laughs, softly, shakes his head. "Doesn't feel like home any more, does it?"

Around his sister, the vise of his false accent loosens. He allows the words to slip back into their native cadence, the only trace of no-longer-home that feels familiar. Lulu, too, has changed much from the child he'd left behind.

Of his shadows, he says, "They are all useful in their own right. It's a matter of discovering their hidden potential." Sandslash snarls and rounds on Cryogonal as it drifts too close, and he recalls them both before further damage can be done. "No. Cryogonal was the product of the Megalopolans, just before the war. I suspect Corviknight's origin to be similar."

He sends out the Corviknight, then, and the dark-feathered avian emerges shrieking to the skies. Gavin motions toward a tree with his wrist, his silent hand signal to attack. The bird sheds its feathers like they're dead weight, then hurls them toward the tree. Like daggers they embed themselves deep into the wood, and with extreme speed the bird dives to score its talons through the bark.

"This one is still too aggressive to safely train with my others," he says. "It was not mine to begin with. I found it abandoned in the wild; I think it was attracted to Lugia's power."
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 4:45:36 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Her eyes hung on the pokémon, particularly the Sandslash as it prepared went in for a strike. Unfortunately, Gavin recalled them before the show could get interesting.

They were replaced with the Corviknight—the one she’d handled in her own hands while it was unconscious. To see its powers on such great display and witness its destructiveness was nothing short of impressive. She watched enviously as the powerful dark bird strategically completed its task. Its shriek was bloodcurdling.

This one was her favorite, so far.

“Where did you find it?” Or maybe, where had it found him?

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2021 2:56:17 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Meteor Falls. No idea where it came from originally."

There had been a lot of new shadow Pokemon created during the toxic takeover of the Megalopolans; Corviknight had likely been one of them, and 's Cryogonal certainly had. Not having been called off, the Corviknight continues to savage the tree trunk, talons scoring deep scars into the wood to expose green bark beneath. It vanishes in a burst of red.

"When it sheds its feathers like that, it's faster than my ordinary Corviknight."

Next, Gavin sends out a trio of shadows with crystalline growths protruding from their bodies. Aerodactyl wheels overhead, a dark predator in search of prey, while Tyranitar looms above the sibling duo and lets out a terrifying roar. Though Gavin was accustomed to the shadow titan by now, the sound still chills his spine. Eelektross seems almost ordinary before it opens its mouth to reveal its teeth have been replaced with sharp shards of black.

"Don't get too close to the Eel," he advises. "Her bites don't clot like they should."
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2021 10:31:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Her eyes hung on the Corviknight, visibly impressed by its destructiveness. When it disappeared into a glow, she shivered and rubbed the side of her arms some.

“I’d love to know the results of the tests on those feathers.” Ultimately, Gavin was above her. There was no telling what information she’d be privy to. She wanted to be sure. “In fact… would you mind if I took a couple for my own research?”

The next handful was admittedly intimidating—the Tyranitar in particular. Her intrigue trumped her fear, however. She stared at its eyes, searching for darkness and power unlike that which she found in her own.

At ’s warning about the Eelektross, Lulu’s attention shifted to it and its terrifying mouth. “So… it’s a poison-type?” She would, indeed, not be getting too close.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2021 22:30:32 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Of course," Gavin acquieses, inclining his head and gesturing toward several feathers still embedded deep within tree bark. "Take as many as you like. I've got a stock of my own already."

Tyranitar remains wild and furious; with a stomp of its great foot, the titan summons tiny shards of dark crystal from the sky that swirl like a dark sandstream. Beads of blood form on exposed flesh where the sharpest of the shards hit, and Aerodactyl turns with a furious shriek to dive the offending dual-type. Blinding light gathers in its maw, Gavin's glasses adjusting to the sudden brightness before the hyper beam blasts Tyranitar point-blank. Aerodactyl recoils as if it had hurt itself, as well, but its vicious assault continues otherwise unimpeded by the exhausting nature of the attack. Its fangs crackle with lightning as Tyranitar swipes back.

The eel coils as if in hopes to protect itself from the crystal sandstorm, and Gavin shakes his head to 's question.

"Electric, mono-type, so far as I've been able to determine. Its bite causes bleeding for much longer than usual; I made the mistake of allowing it to bite me, once. Bled for hours, had to spend some time in the medical bay."

He sounds remarkably all right with such a dangerous experience. Glancing down at his arm and seeing numerous beads of blood, he recalls the trio of Pokémon and swipes a hand down his arm, smearing red.

"Then there's these two... they also appear to originate from the Light Devourer."

Miltank seems rather ordinary but for black crystals that sprout like scabs across its body. Roserade's flowers have been crystallized, the shards drinking in sunlight and seeming to swallow it whole.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2021 21:05:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Green eyes held the feathers in a curious stare, watching them gleam like gunmetal from a short distance. She decided better of going to collect them before the show was over, however. “Thanks. Think I’ll uh… grab them in a minute.”

The sting of Tyranitar’s assault drew a gasp, and a hand went up to wipe a small bit of blood from her cheek. She immediately went to tuck her mouth into the front of her shirt to avoid inhaling whatever unholy storm had been unleashed upon them. She was further shielded by the arm that came up to block the light of the beam that followed from the Aerodactyl.

The reaction to the Electric-type’s bite sounded more like a poison attack to her, attacking the bloodstream in such a way. But the move and its effects were entirely different than that of the Tyranitar’s crystalstorm, or hyper beam which had followed.

She held her elbows still, shivering at the mention of the Light Devourer. had filled her in on his experience when she’d first arrived back. It had sounded terrifying.

Her stare hung on the next two, waiting for the demonstration. “What else have you learned about the Light Devourer since we last spoke? Anything new?”