thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2021 0:57:33 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"My experience with this pair is limited," he admits, "for they're my most recent acquisitions. So far, all I've been able to gleam about Miltank is that male Pokémon show considerable difficulty in battling her."

He'd thought, at first, that it was merely terror induced by the sight of a shadowed opponent, but females had proven to be more willing to engage.

"As for Roserade, I've learned it has... well, it's better to see for yourself."

He signals to the corrupted flower, and a brilliant burst of mystical fire blossoms forth from its crystalline buds.

"Its spikes seem particularly effective, as well; the poison they cause seems potent."

The dark spikes that litter the ground glisten dangerously with toxin that Gavin has yet to fully understand. To 's question, he regretfully shakes his head. "Aside from the reports from what Rockets were present and my own experience, information is limited. Seems like those who were there, even from the League, are keeping it quiet."
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2021 1:47:41 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The Miltank’s lack of demonstration was met with a cutting stare. Curious. It widened again, however, at the colorful fire produced by the Roserade, despite its typing.

And as those flames dissipated in a chill, the show ran up. One thing was clear: was a force to be reckoned with. Her brother had a squadron of unique death machines as his disposal—so dangerous he’d had to show her off the submarine.

But there was one more, still.

“Then I’ll do some digging.” She responded casually. Maybe she could lift some reports from the League somehow—if any of it even existed. The events could have been so traumatic that no one dared to even talk about it. Her brother knew how to do a fair bit of digging on his own, and she felt sure he would have done so already.

The subject shifted back. “Will you show me Lugia?”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2021 2:34:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Quinn amber glints at the promise. "Do fill me in with whatever you find."

Though he had dove deep in hopes of discovering more about the Light Devourer, had access to skills that her brother lacked. She could hack into databases that were locked to him, and while there was no promise they would contain the information the siblings sought, it was intriguing nevertheless.

She asks, then, after his most prized Pokémon.

Gavin inclines his head. "Of course."

He retrieves the beast ball from beneath his jacket, its weight bowing his wrist. He takes a breath as if bracing himself, then tosses it high in the air. It bursts not into light but into shadow, the dark wings of the legendary casting a long shadow that blocks the sun.

Miltank and Roserade, not yet recalled, seem almost normal in the red-eyed beast's presence.

Gavin lifts a hand, a signal that seems to silence whatever cry Lugia had been about to make. It turns its malevolent gaze on the sibling duo with its maw still open, shadows gathering behind sharpened teeth. Ruby eyes follow the path of Gavin's hand.

As Lugia beats its powerful wings, wind picks up and begins to coalesce into spinning cyclones that draw in sand and remnants of black crystal from Tyranitar's sandstream. Shadows pour forth from its mouth and join with the whirling winds, a storm of shadow that tears across the beach. Lugia's spiked tail lashes in anticipation of foes not present, and it turns its rage upon the Roserade — rain douses the brilliant fires before a hurricane forms overhead.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 3:17:01 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She gave a nod. Hacking a government database was an upper-level task, certainly, but not one she hadn’t tackled already an ocean over. No information was truly unobtainable. Everything could be reached, somehow, it was just a matter of locating the key—and if it didn’t exist? Make one.

Her brother released his Legendary. It was the first time she’d seen it since standing in a crowd of grunts during her first week in Hoenn, watching it on a stage as it was presented to .

This felt intimate. It looked larger this time. She stared up at it, heart increasing in pace some as the weather began to change again—drastically. Her hair blew around her face, and an arm went up to brush it out of the way and choke on wind as she squinted at the shadow god in the sky.

Ruby eyes captivated her, and stole words. For a moment, all she could do was stare. This was power the likes of which she’d never seen.

What would he do with it?

As the massive storm stirred an omen above, she dared ask, “Where’d they find this one?”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2021 12:06:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Void and sand swirl around their lonely island, and Gavin shields his eyes with an arm as he turns to answer his sister's question. Voice raised over the whistle of wind, he replies, "Sootopolis, according to Walsh."

And Gavin believed him, doubt and concern washed away by Declan's competence in whipping their scattered organization into shape.

"Abiatti — former councilwoman, Celeste's sister if you've met her — was poking around down there, supposedly, and I guess she stumbled across where it had holed up after the Nihilego did their work."

He lifts a bracing hand, a request for calm, and Lugia grumbles deep in its throat before the storm subsides. Dusting sand from his blond hair, he meets the red eyes of the legend with his own, steady amber, and wonders if it understood what the Ultra Beasts had done.

"Rocket nursed it back to — well, as healthy as a shadow Pokémon can be." He places a hand on Lugia's neck, and manages not to flinch as he feels its muscles tense beneath his fingertips. Since Necrozma, he had made a conscious effort to treat it with every kindness he afforded the rest of his Pokémon. Touch, verbal acknowledgement, and most importantly, not fear. "Legends say it sleeps beneath the sea because it's too powerful, but I'm guessing that's just where it feels safest."

He wonders if it had been scared, as the corruption took hold.
Did legends fear death, as mortals did?
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 22:51:28 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The Nihilego had been the culprit of Lugia’s corruption. But what did they know about Sootopolis? Why had the councilwoman been poking around there in the first place?

The storm subsided at her brother’s kind hand, and her brows raised as it fell to the beast’s neck. Go figure that he’d manage such a connection with it. Take a man so cold—she knew because they were related—and nothing but something dark, and equally as misunderstood would suit him.

It was intimidating. She didn’t possess the gall to approach any closer, shoes weighted in the sand by instinct. At Lugia’s reclusiveness, Lulu felt she could relate, and it softened her impression the smallest bit—but not much.

Eventually, her eye moved more towards , chin tilting as she regarded him in an almost melancholy way. “Glad it hasn’t killed you.” It would sound like she was talking about Lugia, but really, she meant all of it. Life, and the way he’d chosen to live it.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 22:37:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin is confident — some might even say arrogant, but 's remark puts a sobering look on the expression of the underboss.

"Me too," he admits. "I've actually got shit to live for, now."

Such an off-hand comment could be considered offensive; where he would normally take no notice of his own words, he hesitates immediately after they leave him. "I — don't mean anything by that," he promises, rather uncomfortably. "It was rough, for a while, when Silas was in charge. Couldn't have gotten out if I'd wanted to. Not safely."

There's an unspoken meaning: I couldn't have come back home.

He'd never told his sister about the Rocket of before, save for the occasional off-hand comment about how much better the organization was, there days.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,357 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 23:30:05 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

‘I’ve actually got shit to live for, now.’

She felt the edges of her mouth droop and had to press them harder to stay neutral; stone solid. Well. Why did she ever assume she was anything more than chopped liver? Shit like this shouldn’t have caught her off-guard. “Hm.” Whatever.

She stared at him, unblinking for a long moment, letting him read into it whatever he might.

Cillian’s reasoning for not coming home might’ve checked out with anyone else in the world except his little sister. The reason didn’t matter. He’d abandoned her. It was as plain as that. Would always be as plain as that. She would let it go, one day. Never talk about it again. Forgive him even, maybe. Didn’t mean it would ever change.

“Well. Thanks for showing me.”

She was done.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 9:17:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Predictably, the mood shifts. A better man than Gavin may have been able to salvage it, but he can only meet the cool gaze of his sister with something like regret in his eyes.

He does not stop her from leaving; he never does.
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
science fiction [c]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 23:38:48 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: