2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
cats & dogs (2001 film)
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 16:35:07 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Sometimes a man had to take his Houndour and Rockruff for walkies.

Sometimes that man was Chu-e Choi. When he took Trooper and Grump on walkies they were usually very good boys. Occasionally, one or both of them would be very bad boys.

Today they had decided to be bad boys.

The two pokemon had heard the sounds of battle nearby and promptly tugged out of their (weak) trainer's grasp, leashes trailing behind them as they went.

When Chu-e finally caught up, it was to see his two dog pokemon watching what... looked to be a grown ass man battling children. Huh. Well.

Trooper and Grump were very close to the guy, for whatever reason, looking up at him with wagging tails and their heads doing that back and forth confused dog motion.

Huh.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
cats & dogs (2001 film)
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 19:30:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it was normal for kyle to spend his free time on verdanturf's park. more often than not, he gets approached by children for battles since they recognize him as elite four. he indulges them whenever it happens, though letting them win was a very rare occurrence.

kyle tries to pull a straight face in front of a kindergartner that had challenged him in a fight. a hand covers his mouth as he watches his opponent's bagon attempt to attack his granbull with dragon breath multiple times, each of them failing.

as he watches the kid recalls his pokemon and give up, kyle takes out a piece of treat and throws it to his granbull. not long after, he takes notice of two other canine pokemon, both of them staring back.

"no, you guys haven't earned them yet," he tells the rockruff and the houndour, perhaps talking too comfortably towards them. "try doing some tricks and i'll consider."

the presence of their trainer wasn't noticed at all given their appearance.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
cats & dogs (2001 film)
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 5:38:33 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
It was possible that was some type of dog wizard.

Or maybe just really stinky like a dog, for how interested that the two pokemon were in him. When Kyle spoke, the Houndour actually flopped over and rolled on his back. Which was not something that Chu-e had seen him do before, and he spoiled them with treats. He was a bit jealous, really.

And only after squinting, some wave of familiarity coming over him as he looked at this guy, did it click. Oh, this was the Elite Four guy. Plus a lot of other things, but that was the most prominent right now. Maybe Elite Four people were just dog psychics?

Either way, Chu-e had shit he had to do, so he went over to gather up the leashes of his pokemon.

He got Trooper's, the Houndour lazily wagging his tail with his tongue lolling out, but Grump darted away at the Granbull. He yipped lightly at the purple pokemon, as if wanting to play with it. Chu-e sighed, loudly. "Why....." He said, to no one in particular. He didn't really want the attention of Magic Dog Man. He just wanted to finish this walk.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
cats & dogs (2001 film)
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 7:04:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
even kyle was surprised when the pokemon before him actually did tricks. "i can't go back to my word now, can i?" he tells the pokemon before handing the dog biscuit for the pokemon to take with its mouth.

kyle tries so much to hide his smile as he looks over the two dogs when he takes notice of their trainer coming in with their leashes, ready to take them away. he's surprised when one finds refuge with his granbull, however.

he tries to meet his eye and smiles awkwardly once they do. he'd try to talk, but he'd end up just making the situation concerning the relationship between the dog's trainer and the pokemon itself more awkward.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
cats & dogs (2001 film)
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 12:50:22 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Oh boy. This was awkward as hell.

Normally Chu-e prided himself on making this awkward or uncomfortable, but damn, maybe Dog Wizard was actually Discomfort Wizard Kyle. Dual magic? Yeah, that had to be it. Anyway, he usually liked that, but only when he was the one in charge of it, ya know? It felt almost like two malicious gods had forced them on this path to interaction. Fuck those gods.

"This is really weird." Is what Chu-e finally says. You can't move past something if you don't acknowledge it. Still, he offers his hand to the other to shake. "Ji-Hoon Ki. My dogs are really taken with you." Maybe they just knew Chu-e was a cat person.

At least Trooper and Grump look pleased with themselves.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
cats & dogs (2001 film)
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 15:22:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he takes the hand and shakes it back, trapped by social conventions to interact with anyone who makes an advance to be friendly towards him. any other action would have been unacceptable, and a follow up introduction was inevitable after the other has already shared his identity to him.

"oh, you can call me kyle," he responds after a firm handshake. he deliberately leaves his surname out, just in case it would ring any bells. unfortunately for him, his appearance is enough tell for ji-hoon.

he takes another glance at ji-hoon's pokemon after the apt observation. "i guess they really just like treats. i got a bunch with me, so that's probably why."

contrary to popular belief, kyle wasn't an expert on dog pokemon. he really just like having a bunch of them because they're cute. all of his assumptions are just bullshit so he can continue a conversation he can't really quit midway.

"...that, or they hate you," he adds pointlessly. only when he realizes it might be offensive did he add an awkward chuckle. "but that's just a wild guess, hehe. can't really be that, right?"

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
cats & dogs (2001 film)
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 1:58:33 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"You're that Elite Four guy, right?" Chu-e kind of chew about the gym leaders, elite four, and any other important people. Vaguely. Mostly just names since he wasn't a super invested in that kind of stuff. Never really saw the point in the idol worship a lot of those folks tended to get. Seemed dumb.

"I think they're salty I won't give them my dinner scraps." Glancing away from , Chu-e looked at Trooper, who laid his ears back- caught. Looking away, Chu-e noticed once more the gaggle of starry-eyed children hanging around, most looking no more than five or six at most. "So, uh... why are you battling children?"

Chu-e wasn't much a trainer himself, anymore anyway, but...

"Wanna fight these two? Wear them out a little. You'll totally kick my ass but it might be fun."
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
cats & dogs (2001 film)
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 7:16:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"uh, yeah, that's me." he follows ji-hoon's stare towards the local children of verdanturf. "i mean, they asked for it. at least they're getting better at not crying when they lose."

they still leave teary-eyed, especially when they catch kyle snickering at their mistakes. at least kyle thinks they're making progress, both at their behavior towards battles and their actual skills.

getting asked for a battle was expected when he's around the part of the park where children hang out, though someone he doesn't recognize asking for a battle wasn't.

"s-sure," he answers, surprised. "i do that a lot too, so i feel you." kyle takes the granbull's hand and takes him on the other side of the field.

"want to go first?"

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
cats & dogs (2001 film)
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 9:03:22 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar

Chu-e is quiet when he glances at the children, seeing them misty eyed and sad over losing. He raises a brow and snorts, looking back at Kyle. Yet there wasn't anything judgmental there. So, could rest easy if he worried some rando thought he was a freak or not.

Since Kyle agreed, Chu-e pulls Trooper back by the leash and has Grump stay out on the field. The Rockruff seems confused, wanting to go after the Granbull, but Chu-e whistles and he stays back.

"We're going to battle, Grump." The Rockruff gives a belated tail wag. "Uh... Howl?" Grump snorts before tilts his head back, letting out a little puppy 'awooooooo' and hyping himself up as he did so."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
cats & dogs (2001 film)
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 9:57:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
same rules as i do with the kids, he tells himself. "metronome," he verbalizes.

the granbull walks over to the rockruff as it makes its sounds. it suddenly shows an intimidating side of it to the smaller canine, imposing menacingly as he raises a paw to call out a move from its metronome.

the paw suddenly draws a dark aura surrounding it. in a mater of seconds, it gets a weak punch in, followed with another weak punch. kyle sweats as he recognizes the move. six punches later throughout the beat up, the final blow happens.

it draws power from the seventh mon kyle always keeps in his person. the final strike gets its strength from kyle's solgaleo, and while it only takes a portion of his power, it's likely not going to compare with the rest of the attacks.

kyle swallows, letting his opponent make a reaction first.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
cats & dogs (2001 film)
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 10:09:03 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Damn, this guy was really wasn't holding back. No wonder the kids were crying.

Whatever confidence that Grump had gained was immediately melted away at the Intimidate. Then the strikes came, the much younger and battle fresh dog doing little to do more than take them. His hard skin was the only thing that saved him from passing out right away, but before that final blow could land, Chu-e called him back into his pokeball.

"Holy shit." Then he just laughed, loud and surprised, while he unhooked Trooper's leash and nudged him to go into the ring with his foot. "You next. Use, uh... I dunno, Fire Fang or some shit."

The Houndour looks like he very much does not want to battle, seeing how his partner was taken down so easy and so viciously. But, he is still loyal, and charges at the Granbull with teeth lighting on fire to try and chomp down on the pokemon.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
cats & dogs (2001 film)
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 14:35:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he honestly felt bad with how his granbull brutalized the rockruff with one move, but such is the nature of the move. the awkward smile is held, unable to come up with words that might possibly make the situation better. then again, this wasn't a child he was dealing with.

"metronome," he commands it again.

as the houndour lunges towards the granbull with its fire fang, the fairy-type blocks it with his arm, tanking the bite with it. flames start to get burns on his skin, but it doesn't stop the granbull in raising a finger to call out another move.

for a while, a visual indicator of a move being used happens. the confusion that would have pushed the houndour away from its grip appears non-existent thanks to its typing.

kyle is also confused as well, unsure of what had transpired. "err..."

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
cats & dogs (2001 film)
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 15:06:54 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The fire fang quickly loses it's heat but Trooper keeps his fangs sunk into the other pokemon.

Chu-e is also confused, as it looks like... nothing happened.

But Trooper had felt something. Without any prompting, he latches into the feeling, letting it wash over him like water so he can force it back on the other with more force. The Foul Play is forced back on the Granbull with a putrid black energy around the Houndour and a shove of his body.

"Well, damn." Maybe this one had more potential than Chu-e had thought. He had just been treating Trooper like any other porch pup.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
cats & dogs (2001 film)
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 15:47:43 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i'm not sure what happened, to be honest," he confesses.

future sight, harden, leer... a lot of moves without any visual cues could have happened. at the very least, he knew that his granbull had attempted to use the move. he'd seen the pokemon waggle a finger after all.

"metronome," he tells his pokemon again.

the pain from the houndour's attack gets the granbull to frantically throw it off from his arm, swinging it wildly in the air in case the houndour eventually releases its fangs. the free arm summons another move with metronome, though it's more apparent than the last move.

the granbull's arm starts to glow brightly. after that, a moment of nothingness happens once more. kyle tries to guess what move it is, although he never would have guessed solar blade just from the charge time alone.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
cats & dogs (2001 film)
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 16:28:38 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Yet another delay but this one more visible.

Chu-e frowns, not recognizing the move itself but recognizing the intent. The Granbull is charging something up. With the vast power difference, he doubts that Trooper could take such a powerful attack. The smart thing to do would be to have Trooper use Crunch, see if he can force that flinch.

"Use Smog!" Is what he yells out instead. He has places to be and just wanted to tire the energetic dogs out, not try and have a serious battle with thoughts and strategy.

Having been flung from the Granbull's arm, Trooper lands with a thump on his side, not getting his bearings fast enough. The Houndour isn't flung far, lunging for the other pokemon and letting the putrid black gas spill from his mouth, hoping to surround the other pokemon.