Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Bug eyed and bushy tailed [Battle]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 1:20:09 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Hey Doug!
How you been mate? Okay so the desert just off Route 111, yeah? Shoot off into the dunes and try to head due East. It all looks the same, but after half an hour you should spot some toppled ruins with three standing pillars. I'll be waiting there. If you can't find me, set off the green flare I sent you.

Message sent from Zac's Phone, 
GPS Location - 35°30'0.00" N 134°13'59.99" E
---

(1) Attachment - Letter from Devin

Hi ,
Your gym challenge in the DESERT biome has been accepted! I've reviewed your Pokemon's moveset and ability.

Remember all Pokemon can use the Dodge action to negate damage, regardless of their moveset. Suggested tags have been included, but feel free to deviate as appropriate. 

DAMAGE
STATUS BUFF DODGE HEAL

GLISCOR, Male
ability: sand veil
enemy has -10 to hit during sandstorm 

acrobatics  
ice fang
knock off
fury cutter

FLYGON, Male
ability: levitate
1 free dodge vs ground type attacks

earth power
 superpower
 bug bite
astonish
sandstorm
 dragon claw

Zac's Pokemon and moveset are included below. Should you have any questions, please let us know.

MARACTUS, Male
ability: water absorb
1 free dodge vs water type attacks. if hit, can take the heal action 

ingrain   
 pin missile
spiky shield
 petal dance
 acupressure

GARCHOMP, Male
ability: sand veil
enemy has -10 to hit during sandstorm

sandstorm
 dig
crunch
dragon rush
 dragon claw
draco meteor

Please let us know if you have any questions, or are unable to locate Zac at the rendezvous point. Happy battling!
-Devin

Zac paced the ruins, eager to get back out into the dunes. His Maractus and Garchomp played separately nearby. Maractus waddled around slowly, pausing often to soak up the sun, and Rocko burrowed around underneath the sands, prowling for prey. You ready guys? Doug should be here pretty soon. Just keep an eye out for that flare!  

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 1:41:32 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug had smiled as he read Zac's message, eyeing the item Devin had given to him. He understood why he had been given a flare, but he wouldn't need it.

Turning his gaze back to the desert below him, his smile slowly faded, his jawline tensing.

The desert again.

He had plenty of experience with the place by now; probably more than most rangers. Yet, he had chosen this location when asked by Zac 'which biome?'.

He hadn't chosen it for his familiarity. He just knew that he had to get over what he had seen there eventually.

New year, new him.

His grip on Guirus' reigns tightened, and his Flygon took it as a sign to speed up, zooming through the skyline of the desert fast enough to dash away even Doug's memories, the hot, dry wind buffeting the youth's cheeks as they followed the coordinates shown on his PokeNav.

Before long, the three pillars that Zac had mentioned were a silhouette in the horizon- and three tiny dots along the sand became visible to the youth's eyes.

Despite all the sand surrounding them, the youth managed a smile as he recognized 's large, familiar silhouette.

His Flygon swooped down towards them, and came to a booming halt several meters away, his flapping wings whipping up the sand as he swung his legs off the Flygon and into the sand.

Doug spread his arms wide, approaching the man.

"Zac, you magnificent bastard! Waited darn long to let me know 'bout this promotion o'yours, eh?" He said as he approached the man and swung his palm at his shoulder, clapping it. "Good job, friend! Congrats on being chosen for the job! High brass is finally getting its crap together!"

He laughed, before looking over his shoulder and gesturing to his Flygon to come closer.

"Zac, Guirus. Guirus, Zac!" He said as the dragon came closer, reaching over to pet his head playfully, hugging it closer. "He'll be tangoing with you and your boys today!"

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 14:19:25 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"It's great to see you too mate! Been a little while since the church, yeah? And we didn't get a whole lot of a chance to catch up...how you keeping?" Zac asked, moving in to wrap the youth in an engulfing hug. It had been an wild few months, and Zac still getting used to the idea that he was now an actual gym leader. This was going to be one of the first few battles, and a true test of the system and his skills. "Oh the promotion? Well yeah it was partly my push and partly Lavaridge looking for a new poster boy. You know me, mate. I was happy to oblige! Glad you got a challenge in before it was swamped. You definitely snuck in under the radar."

Doug introduced his Flygon, an absolutely gorgeous, blue-crowned specimen with the keen eyes and lustrous scales indicative of a male in perfect health. "It's wonderful to meet you Guirus," Zac said, inspecting him subtly. "Where did you find the little guy? Out here?" he asked Doug. The Route 111 Desert was home for Trapinch and its evolutions, and Flygon was a wise pick for the biome battle. 
    "Here are my two that are rearing for battle today," Zac said, gesturing to Rocko the Garchomp and Theo the Maractus. Rocko had unburrowed from the sand and was staring up at the trio, but Theo had taken no notice of the goings on. The little plant was happy to keep sunning himself. "Well, Rocko's eager anyway. I'm not sure if Theo knows that he isn't still in the garden at home." 
    Zac looked up, checking the progress of the sun across the sky. "It's still early, and I'm sure as hell not in any rush. What have you been up to lately? Got any big plans of your own coming to fruition?" 

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 3:52:27 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

The youth laughed as the man wrapped his arms around him, the towering man easily lifting him off the floor for a hug.

"Poster Boy sounds 'bout right! Don'tcha dare stop vloggin', tho! That'll make my Saturdays a lot longer!" He said, suggesting at how much the large man's interviews and filmed expeditions helped get him through the slow days.

Zac's attention finally fell upon Guirus, and honestly Doug had been expecting it. Zac seemed to be possessed of an interest in most pokemon that matched Doug's own for bug types.

"Guirus'ere I met at the Safari zone, actually." He said, reaching under the dragon's neck to pet it playfully as it shyly ducked away to his chest, running away from Zac's attention, ever self-conscious of its appearance. "He's a bit shy, don't mind it. He warms up quick."

Zac presented his own pokemon shortly after, and Doug had to whistle at the sight of the Garchomp, a pokemon species of infamous strength. Large and imposing... Or so it would have been, had it not been staring up at them from under the sand.

Doug grinned, waving his bandaged hand at Rocko. Trying to do the same for the Maractus proved useless- he and everything else went unacknowledged, unfortunately.

"Yeah, no worries. I mainly came to talk with ya anyway. Battle can wait." He sais, patting Guirus under the neck once more before grinning at him. "Why don'cha go stretch your wings, Guirus? I hardly ever come'ere, but I know you love this place. Enjoy."

Soon enough, the dragon was zooming into the horizon, becoming smaller and smaller. The bug catcher looked after the shrinking silhouette for a few moments, before a strong wind buffeted his checks, his hand immediately catching his straw hat as it almost flew away. He suckled in a hiss.

"... I've been thinking hard." Doug finally said to Zac's questions, his smile growing smaller and smaller. "Trying to, anyway. Been hard to focus on anything after what happened at Evergrande."

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 2:50:15 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Guiris sped off across the sands, and Rocko submerged to chase after him. The sand shark swam with terrifying speed, emerging every so often to check his heading and race after the Flygon. It was nigh impossible to track a flying opponent from underground, but Rocko was giving it his best.
    "Hard to think," Zac said, nodding slowly as he watched the pair. His face shed some of his usual cheer. "Yeah I can agree with that." 

Sometimes he could feel the emptiness in his backpack. The lack of background noise was his worst distraction. The buzzing shard that had for months been buried below his equipment was gone. Sucked into some twisted void. 
    "I wonder what she's doing now. What she's planning, you know? You were there mate. You must have seen that look in her eyes. There's no way that she's stopping at just one piece." Wind picked up, scattering fine grains across the pair. Not a sandstorm, but a reminder of the ever changing landscape around them. Harsh, unknowable, and thoroughly out of their control.
"I hope you're keeping a tighter hold on your plate than I did."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 18:29:11 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"I wonder too. Maybe I should go visit her again." Said Doug, a small smile beginning to gut at his lips as he remembered his last encounter.

As Zac kept speaking however, Doug got the impression they weren't on the same wavelength.

"The empress ain't that bad!" He said with a huff, both arms coming akimbo at his sides, drawing a flinch from himself.

... Wait.

"Huuuh... Oh... OH!" He said, blinking at Zac before face palming soundly, immediately hissing and yanking his hand away from his face, waving it about as if he had just burnt himself on the stove.

"Sorry man, I was completely checked out on that!" He said, turning his gaze to his bandaged hands. Nowhere near as bad as they had been several days ago. "I just... blanked on everything before the church burned down."

Off in the distance, Guirus realized he was part of an impromptu race- and naturally, kicked it up a notch with a croon, grinning wide as he tried to leave the Garchomp in his dust.

Finally on the same page, the youth's eyes narrowed as he turned his gaze back towards their pokemon in the horizon.

"It is pretty serious stuff. Never a good sign when someone like that's in a position of power." He said, lips growing taut. "For the long time Mauville Gym Leader to act n'such a way- and to be related to Godmon's reject son..."

He really didn't know what to make of all this.

"Well... If nothing else, at least we know where to find her." He said, crossing his arms, almost not even flinching as he did. "I could go check out her place if ya want. She can't possibly steal my piece."

He pursed his lips and brought his brows together, clearly in deep thought as he cupped his cheek.

"I think it was being jackhammered last I heard of it?"

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2021 3:10:52 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac let out a long, joyous laugh of release. "Jackhammered? Well sure, what else would you do with it!" He went to ask more, but stopped himself. "I, uh, don't know how much you should say about your plate. It seems safe here, but you never know who might be listening." Zac looked around at the desert. It was, appropriately, deserted. "A rogue gym leader," he said, looking out over the dunes. "I'd like to hope that the League comes down on her like it did Selena, but I haven't seen anything come of it."
    "What do you think wants? Those relics have to be important, but what do they..." Zac worked his hands, fitting his fingers together. "...form? If they're like dinner plates, then they're part of a set. It's pretty clear that there are pieces missing, but why did we find so many of them all around the same time?"     These were the questions pulled up at the meeting. Questions without answers, at least for now. Zac wasn't fast, but he was thorough, and prepared, and he'd spent weeks going over his notes of the meeting and grinding away at the possibilities. "There were far less people at the meeting than there should have been," he said, "assuming that everyone had a plate of four parts. And far too few people willing to do anything to find out what the damn things are. So good on you mate for taking some bloody initiative."
    There was a dry rattle from down on the dunes as Theo the Maractus fell over, snoozing in the sunlight. He shifted around in the sizzling sands, soaking in the warmth. 
    "As furious as I am with Kat for taking my bloody plate, I have to respect her willingness to do something. It may have be a ham-fisted attempt, but an attempt at what? Greed? Jealousy? Something more? You saw that dark portal, right? What was that?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2021 17:31:30 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"I would tell ya to curb yer expectations, given it's the league and all... But Ms. was there and saw it. She's an Elite Four, and a Silph. She's gotta have enough clout to get an investigation going." He said, reaching over to tap Zac's chest with the back of his fist, tilting a brow at the man. "But remember yer a Gym Leader too now. Yer both on the same level; ya can make a report yourself if nobody else does. There's plenty of witnesses."

Stormy's brother had been there as well, amusingly costumed, if not so amusingly inactive. Hopefully his sister would pull him off his ass to do something.

"I dunno what she wants, but Stormy mentioned Godmon's reject son then. Kath might well be an avatar- whatever that means." What did Avatars even do? For wielding the incredible power of legendary pokemon, they didn't seem to have a whole lot of duties or responsibilities associated with it.

If only he knew.

"Can't take credit for the experimentation, but glad to know ya don't mind." Hopefully, he would continue to not mind even after they drew it into Mount Doom. "I'll make sure to keep ya updated. But, until I've got news for ya..."

"Might not be what she wants, but what 'Giratina' wants... if that makes any sense." He said, crossing his arms behind his head, before shrugging with a grin.

Oh well. Just another God to the list.

"I did see the portal- barely. Came and went so fast, I thought I made it all up for a hot second. I didn't really have much time to think about it then; ya poofed with it." He said, scratching at his chin. "Where did you guys go?"

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 5:22:23 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

[...]Giratina[...]
The name was familiar and shrouded in questions. The subtlest member of the Sinnoh creation trio. Palkia for Space, Dialga for Time, and Giratina for...petty theft? 

Zac thought about the nonsense that Katherine had said when they had returned. He's gone over the ruined footage a dozen times to see if he had missed anything. 

"That shard did not belong to you.[...]These relics do not belong to those who’ve found them."
The words had pierced her unhinged rhetoric like shards of dark glass. It was a strange claim. Had she been talking about herself? About the plates' creator? About...Giratina? 
"Where did you guys go?" Doug asked. Another fantastic question to add to the pile.
"To another world, Doug. Somewhere wrong. There were water and plants, but they were all upside down and inside out. She tried to get me to breathe the air, but I think that was another trap." Zac pulled at the details of his memory, sharing everything he remembered with the fellow trainer. Of all the parts of the footage to be corrupted, it had to be the one irreplaceable bit. "There was one other thing I remember," Zac said, closing his eyes. "It wasn't dark, really. There was ambient glow coming from...somewhere, and pieces of land just floating in nothingness. Not space, just nothing. There were no stars, Doug. What does that mean?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 20:54:47 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"I dunno. I ain't a physicist nor nothin' of the like." Doug said bluntly, locking fingers behind his head and almost not even flinching as he did, leaning on one foot as he took in Zac's words.

He both could and could not imagine what Zac was saying. The way the larger man spoke of it, it should've been otherworldly, but as with most things that defied human knowledge, it was not something one could grasp from words alone.

"Every time these avatar folk come into the picture all logic flies straight out the window; no point in tryin' to figure it out without any info." He said, scratching at the back of his head before turning to look straight at Zac.

"So let's go get it straight from the source."

Regular folk might not be privy to information on the AQUA initiative... but Zac here was a Gym Leader, and had already suffered at the hands of a League sanctioned Avatar.

Time to make and spill the beans.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 0:27:33 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"The source? You mean ask Kat about it?" Zac's face crumpled in concern. "Doug there's no way she's telling us about Giratina." 
    At the church, Katherine had been standoffish and, well, a lottle crazy. The idea of going to her to ask about the extent of her powers was ludicrous. "Maybe we should try some other sources," Zac suggested. "I asked what he knew about legendaries recently, and he said that all the legendary Pokemon he knew about were in the hands of the league. If Kat is an avatar then she must report to , right? We should check with those two!"
    Zac didn't have any existing connections with Dahlia, outside of the formal connection of being a gym leader. He had a working relationship with Fernando. That would be much easier to follow up on. "I've got an in with Fernando, and could wrangle a meeting with Dahlia if needed. Did you already have a plan?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 0:41:39 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"That ain't what I..." He began to say, but... Eh. Zac got to the correct conclusion eventually, so did it matter? "... Eh, nevermind. Sounds like a good idea. With the whole 'AQUA Initiative' Garbage they've got goin', she should be under the commissioner's thumb, right?"

The youth, sadly, did not really have any connection to the commissioner . He hadn't even directly spoken with her yet.

On the other hand, he had met and spoken with - but it had been a Gym Battle; not exactly a social gathering. He doubted the man even remembered his face.

"No plans'ere, 'm 'fraid. I ain't got any clout with the upper brass. And I've got some... business to attend to m'self." He said with a shrug of his shoulders. He was as far down the commissioned officer ranks as one could get. There were no strings for him to pull. "'Tis one's up to ya, big fella. Let me know if I can be o'any help, eh? Wouldn't wanna stay too outta the picture."

Meanwhile? He would just... hunt down whoever or whatever was behind the Church Incident.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 0:56:08 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Doug I'm sure whatever 'business' you're up is important too," Zac said, clapping the young man on the back. "You've got good head, screwed on straight, and I'm happy to have you along for the ride."
    Zac looked out at the sands, where their Pokemon were racing through the restless dunes. "I'll check in with Fern and see if I can get a meeting with Dahlia. For now, how about that battle?"
    Zac watched as Rocko and Guirus disappeared into a cloud of sand, one of many being formed by the increasing winds.
The winds of change.  

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 1:05:45 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

The youth chuckled even as he stumbled forth from the clap, his gaze turning towards the cloud of sand that swallowed up their dragons.

"'ppreciate the vote of confidence. Yer head ain't too bad either, eh? I'm sure ya'll have this nonsense sorted out all lickety-split like." Nothing left to do but to wait and hope. Zac was an influencer in more than a few ways; with any luck, Silph would be coaxed into action soon enough.

"'nough talk, huh?" He said with a grin, rolling his shoulders and neck for a second before crossing his arms over his chest. "There any need to ask, really? Let's go."

The youth felt his blood pumping underneath his skin as he rose his arm high in the air and waved it lazily towards the sand clouds in the distance.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 3:13:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: