he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Yo Ho Blow the Man Down
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 12:26:38 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

With forced vacation still being a thing that the Ranger couldn’t argue about, Razz was forced to try to keep his days busy with other things. So when he got a call from Skyler asking if he would help with her new ship he didn’t mind saying yes. Though it wasn’t until after the yes did he realize that the injuries on his face are still quite apparent. Oh well she was the only person to see his scar so what was a few bruises? [break] [break]

It was about noon when Razz had finally arrived, with no lunch because he already bought her lunch and he will stand by that he didn’t owe her another. Wearing clothes he knew he wouldn’t mind getting wet in, and surprisingly enough to bandana to cover his scar as: [break][break]

1. When the bandana got wet it was itchy [break]
    2. Skyler has seen it once so he didn’t mind as much.
[break]

What he didn’t account for sadly as he arrived on his Flygon was for that racer from route 118 to be there. Well this sucked, as having someone who was still a stranger to him see his scars was uncomforting. Enough so that he fell back into an old habit as he greets, “Mr Vestri… Miss Dross... “

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#3E7E96;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Yo Ho Blow the Man Down
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 13:54:53 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Angelo had known that Razz was on his way, he'd been present when a certain captain had roped the teenager into ship cleaning duties earlier this morning. Although his own enlistment had technically transpired when he arrived last night.  [break][break]

He’s the first to see Razz when he approaches the Sotally Tober, Angelo crouched down near the gangplank filling up a bucket of warm soapy water while a small Totodile is attempting to climb headfirst into the bubbles; whether she’s attempting to help or is just being inquisitive is up in the air. Probably the latter if the wet splashes on Angelo’s t-shirt is anything to go by, already damp before they’d even got started. [break][break]

Blue eyes shift towards the second helper, taking note of the scars and bruises on the younger man’s face with a slow, carefully composed blink. If he’s concerned, he doesn’t let it show; instead smiling in greeting and swallowing the flash of worry. Angelo had suspected that the other man had worn the bandana over one side of his face in their previous encounter for a reason, but it hadn't been his place or intention to pry. [break][break]

Hi Razz – Del, can you control yourself for five seconds? – You been recruited for unpaid manual labour, too?” [break][break]

Standing, cradling the squirming Totodile as she playfully nips at the bare skin of his arm, he lifts the bottom of his shirt up to wipe the bubbles coating her snout off before letting her loose on the ship deck again. Delphini makes a beeline for Razz’s shoes, sniffing and attempting to nibble at his laces. [break][break]

It’s then that the words (so very tempting and so very dangerous) fills Angelo’s ears. Throwing caution to the wind, the courier grins in the teenager’s direction and calls out over his shoulder towards where Skyler had last been seen with Dorado, regardless of whether she’d heard the initial greeting or not. [break][break]

Hey, Miss Dross! You’ve got a visitor!

[break][break]

+ & [break][break]

[newclass=.angelo]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a1b6d7[/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Yo Ho Blow the Man Down
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 15:26:50 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Sweat was already starting to gather on Captain Dross' brow. Blond curls were swept away from her face in annoyance, which immediately fell back into place when she leaned down to lift a wooden crate, its weight surprising a huff from the captain. Behind her was Dorado, claws glinting in the bright sunlight and an uncanny seriousness about him as he attempted to copy Skyler's movements.

Of course, he had to choose a crate almost twice his size.

"Dorado, honey, no." Amusement bubbled to the surface at the feline's valiant efforts, silver eyes crinkling at the corners. "Come up here, I need you to be my eyes." 

Thankfully, Dorado was more than happy to climb up to her shoulders, peering up from behind her head at any obstacles that might be in her path. He was also the first one to catch sight of the Flygon and her rider, a hiss of warning grabbing the captain's attention. 

A smile curled her lips, at least until she heard the first Miss Dross. By the time Angelo repeated the words, Captain Dross was already making her way to the voices, wooden crate forgotten, her wide steps eating up the distance like it was nothing. Silver eyes flashed when she caught sight of the two young men, her stride gaining speed as she approached.

Captain Skyler Dross was on the warpath. 

Angelo was the first victim to her tender mercies, seeing as he was the closest, Skyler's fist colliding with his upper arm in a mock punch that nevertheless had some strength behind it. Then her narrowed eyes turned to Razz and she inhaled sharply. 

Razz's scar was no secret to her; she'd already seen it before and considered it as much a part of him as his nose or his hair. What drew her attention were the bruises that definitely shouldn't be there. 

"What the fuck, Razz." The tone was perhaps more rough than she'd intended it to be, almost a snarl. Something violent and sharp swam in narrowed silver eyes. Her hand raised to his face, but stopped midway though the gesture. "Who the fuck do I have to kill?"

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Yo Ho Blow the Man Down
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 0:20:47 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

The ranger just sort of stares the other up and down as it trying to see if he could pick up on anything. Part of him expected some sort of comment, most people did it and he didn't know the other well enough to put it past him. Though it seems like he might have been overthinking it as his only greeting involves asking about the work to which Razz just shrugs with a nervous smile, still unsure of what to think of the other. "Sorta, I had the free time anyways."[break][break]

As he returns his Flygon to her pokeball it was when the other calls for her that he realizes what he said and he inwardly groans. "You knew what you were doing," is all Razz warns as already he could see the sailor coming on her warpath, Salem seems to giggle a bit as she punches his human racer buddy. The young man is caught off guard when she seems to curse at him. It isn't until she leans in and brings her hands up toward his face that he remembers 'oh right she hasn't see these.'[break][break]

The young ranger just puts on a fake smile and waves it off, "No need to kill anyone, just a mission gone array, I promise they look a lot worse than they feel," he tries to assure though there is a pouting Salem on his shoulder giving a look of 'yeah right.' "Soo... uhh what do I need to do?" he tried asking as if to change the subject quickly, moving his shoes away from a nibbling Totodile.

[break][break]

[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Yo Ho Blow the Man Down
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 10:59:55 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
I know. Can’t help myself,” was all he responded to Razz’s warning, already having accepted his fate. [break][break]

Skyler stomps across the deck towards them, silver eyes flashing like thunder to match the foreboding footsteps; looking like she’d just about barrel someone out of the way if anyone dared obstruct her warpath. Angelo, like a man with a death wish, just grins at her. [break][break]

Retribution comes in the form of knuckles biting into his arm, a dull force rippling across his muscle that no doubt would have threatened to bruise if she’d put just a little more weight into it. His eyes crinkle at the corners, more amused than pained, before the courier’s expression falls neutral; Skyler having finally caught sight of her visitor’s state.[break][break]

Ah, so those injuries were new…[break][break]

Sure Salem would've kept Razz home if they were serious. Right, Champ?” There’s a pause, gaze slipping from the Meowstic to his trainer. “But just say if you’re feeling shit, okay?” [break][break]

It doesn’t seem like Razz is keen on talking about it and so he decides not to push. Even if he doesn’t quite buy the claim that his injuries looked worse than they felt. He makes a mental note to keep a quiet eye on the teenager’s condition over the day, just in case. Angelo doesn't know Razz well but still, it's a little worrisome... [break][break]

There’s a clattering beside them, Delphini chewing on the edge of the full bucket and letting some of the water spill. Angelo quickly bends down to pick up the container before its suddenly emptied, the Totodile letting out a whine of protest at her chew toy being taken. [break][break]

I was going to get started on the deck but I could do with a pair of hands that aren’t going to add more work to my plate. Or it'll take me until midnight,” there’s a harmlessly accusing look thrown down at the baby Totodile. “Unless the captain needs extra support in lifting crates?” There’s a less harmless, arch of a brow thrown in Skyler’s direction; hiding a subtle message: [break][break]

Cleaning the deck might be less physically strenuous than hefting crates.

[break][break]

+ & [break][break]

[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Yo Ho Blow the Man Down
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 18:16:51 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

It seemed for a brief, tense moment as if Skyler hadn't heard any of either Razz's or Angelo's words. She stood frighteningly still as her silvery gaze followed the edges of fading bruises on the young man's face, jaw set in a way that betrayed some of her inner turmoil. When her eyes finally shifted away, they quickly found Salem, giving the feline a frustrated look, as if to say 'is he serious?'

Regardless, and despite her stubborness, Captain Dross knew better than to insist. Instead she stepped back with a huff, crossing her arms over her chest. "You'll tell me if anything hurts or if you feel too sore to do something." Her voice broke no argument. This was her compromise: she would ask no more questions as long as Razz promised not to take it too far today. She didn't want her friend more injured then he already was. Especially not due to her.

It was perhaps a more forceful approach than Angelo's, but that was just Skyler for you.

From atop her head, Dorado just narrowed his eyes at Salem, clearly feeling as if his territory was being encroached upon (said territory being Sky). Before he could do something about it, however, Captain Dross turned around, catching a baby Totodile being swept up in tan arms. "The crates are pretty much all in place anyway, scallywag; Otis and Sheila will deal with the rest." The title slipped out intentionally, and although her voice held no hint of it, mischief danced merrily in her silver eyes.

"Alright, today's task: scrub the deck!" 

The supplies were nearby: buckets and sponges and brooms, along with a supply of warm, soapy water. Captain Dross was quick to give each of her... subordinates their own supplies, making sure that the soaky sponge she gave Angelo smacked him in the chest.

Truth be told, the Sotally Tober wasn't a small ship. Looking at the length of its deck now, the captain was reminded of why she'd asked for help in the first place. There was only so much pokemon could do. 

Pulling her hair into a messy ponytail, the captain grabbed one of the brooms and got to work.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Yo Ho Blow the Man Down
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 11:06:38 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Salem sorta tilts his paw back and forth at Skyler as if to answer 'so-so' because while his trainer isn't psychically hurting Salem knows that all this has taken a mental drain on him. Not that the cat could communicate that without his trainer translating for him. Which Razz didn't seem to interested in doing so if it meant talking about it. The the Meowstic does perk up some thanks to Angelo as he gives a little salute to the other cause yes! That was his duty as Service Kitty! Though because of the attention he does miss the Meowth glaring at him.[break][break]

"Don't worry I'll make sure the captain is the first to know if something is wrong," he assures with a tired smile hoping that neither were too worried about it. Though part of him wondered if he should've just turned her down about cleaning so she wouldn't have to see him this way. "Besides I've had worse," cause that's what people said to make others feel better right? Though the worse was the open scar on his face but that's a different story he doesn't get into. [break][break]

As they mention what they're planning on doing Razz decides to bring out proper help with Royal and Zaffre, "Think you guys can do a decent job?" he questions though both seemed to be none to happy with cleaning. As Razz goes to pick up a broom he does ponder about the two. "Wait so if you had Vestri come early why not ask me to come early as well?" the young man ask as Salem jumps off his shoulder to give instructions to the other two on the best way to use their water attacks to help with the deck.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Yo Ho Blow the Man Down
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 14:53:53 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
They move their immediate focus away from Razz’s injuries as they’re assigned their first task, Angelo giving the ranger a quick pat on the shoulder as he passes; ‘I’ve had worse’ ringing in his ears. [break][break]

Cleaning utensils are divided out amongst the three of them, Skyler ensuring they’re well equipped for their deck scrubbing mission; although Angelo is the only one who gets a wet sponge thrown at him. It collides into his chest with a soapy squelch and he fumbles to catch it, bubbly water dripping through his fingers and t-shirt sticking to his skin. She definitely did it on purpose. “You’re hilarious,” there’s no bitterness in his words despite the sarcasm – the promise – that lingers on the tip of his tongue, blue eyes narrowing with a flicker of something wild that spills over the container. Holding it back. [break][break]

Sponge set aside in the bucket along with his oath of revenge, Angelo takes hold of his own assigned broom. Delphini is momentarily distracted from the soapy water by Razz’s pokemon, the baby Totodile waddling over and taking great fascination in Salem’s fluffy tail.[break][break]

Razz’s question punches through the air, drawing Angelo’s attention away from Delphini just as she goes to reach for the Meowstic’s tails, distracting him. He doesn’t correct him on the use of his surname when that very perceptive point was left lingering in the air. [break][break]

So far Angelo hadn’t told anyone about what he and Sky got up to. Not like he couldn’t if he wanted to - it's not as if they made a promise of secrecy - it was just easier not having to go through the questioning scrutiny where he could help it. Razz however, although Angelo liked him for all their two meetings, was Skyler’s friend first and foremost. What she wanted to divulge to the teenage ranger was for her to decide. [break][break]

Yeah, Sky. Why didn’t you?” There’s a slight, cheshire smile on his lips as he holds onto the top of the broom handle with both hands, leaning against it as his gaze slowly drifts over Skyler’s expressions with a twinkle of playful inquisitiveness – purposefully unhelpful. Curious to hear the answer she’d choose to a question that he already knew.

[break][break]

+ & [break][break]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Yo Ho Blow the Man Down
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 18:34:58 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Razz's attempt to be somewhat comforting by assuring them that he's had worse falls woefully short, and the hint of a frown touches Skyler's expression before it is wiped away. The captain does manage to reach out to ruffle the younger man's hair annoyingly, affection pulling at her lips before she steps back. Despite everything, Captain Dross trusts Razz to know his limits and if not - well, she'd keep an eye on him, just in case. She's sure Angelo would too.

Speaking of.

There's a brief moment in which the captain lets her eyes appreciate the soaked wet shirt over Angelo's shoulders - before his words have her raising her eyes. Skyler almost expects the provocation that stains Angelo's words, beckoning her with their challenge, bringing forth a lazy tilt of her chin, not unlike an invitation. Her lips twitch subtly of their own volition, betraying the thrill that shoots up her spine. 

If he dares throw that sponge back at her, it'll be war.

Out of the corner of her eyes, Skyler can see Razz calling forth some of his pokemon. A sharp whistle from the captain brings forth two figures, which had been lurking nearby: one of them being a somewhat portly Feraligatr that moves to stand right next to Angelo; and the other being a proud-looking Dewott.

Skyler nearly chokes on her own spit at Razz's innocent (?) question, eyes shifting to Angelo and finding absolutely no help there. The insolent smile on his lips curls her own into something far too sharp and fierce to be a smile. 'I'll get you for this, Angel. Just you wait,' it seems to say.

Yet when she looks at Razz, there's no hint of hesitation to her words. "Because Vestri has been here since last night." There's a pause then, and something about it feels slightly ominous. Silver eyes gleam with trouble as she purposely sets them on her adventuring buddy, intent. "No need to call him when I can just turn to the other side of the bed and talk to him." She highly doubts Razz wants all the details of what, exactly, Angelo had been doing since last night. Probably because the answer mostly involved, well, her

A broom starts sweeping the first part of the deck with deliberate casualness.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Yo Ho Blow the Man Down
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 1:40:48 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Salem just sighs as while his trainer can never hear just how dumb the way he worded things are he certainly does. For now though they have been asked to help, the psychic cat was about to grab a bucket before he picked up on the waddling behind him. Taking a subtle look back to notice the new born Totodile, Salem smirks before moving his tail out of the way. They were going to get him that easy no no! [break][break]

Though since Salem was quick to distract it gave Zaire and Royal a small chance to look around, the little Oshawott was quick to be impressed with the Dewott. His eyes couldn’t help but dart to her shells and it just made him look to his own shell-less belly. Why was it no matter where they went he had to be reminded of his loss shell. [break][break]

”Last night?” the young man questions at first not adding two and two together until the mention of the bed, ”Oh... OOHHHH” there it finally clicks as for a moment he thinks back to an old conversation he had with Skyler as he looks between her and Angelo. ”You know, I know you said you were looking for a ‘Fairytale’ Romance for your New Years Resolution, so congrats on finding it early,” he congratulated, as he gave the captain a thumbs up before he whistles for Royal’s aid to use BUBBLE on the dock to help wet it before Razz started his brushing.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Yo Ho Blow the Man Down
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 20:11:02 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Angelo doesn’t turn to gauge Razz’s response at first, attention instead drawn into a shared look with his adventure buddy; hooked on the dangerous spark flitting across silver eyes and the sharpness to her lips. Skyler’s words seem less like an answer to the ranger’s curiosity and more like a curated provocation – an invitation for trouble – tailored just for him. [break][break]

The sailor’s devilish intent summons a beckoning, warm twist in his stomach; ocean blues lingering over her mouth and drifting to the back of her neck as she begins to sweep, skin exposed from golden curls pulled into a ponytail.[break][break]

Razz distracts him from staring after her as he stumbles over his words. For a brief moment, Angelo wonders if Skyler’s less-than-subtle hint had gone over his head. “Yeah. Last night, I –“ He stops, the ranger visibly brightening from a lightbulb moment. [break][break]

There’s a pause. Angelo digests the words. If there’s a semblance of panic that momentarily sends alarming dread down his spine, it’s quick to be replaced. With rationale thinking taking over, moving cogs turn the expression of wide-eyed shock to one that’s of equal measure sincere. Angelo’s lips wobbling in thinly contained mirth – triumphant. [break][break]

There’s no way fairy-tale or romance belonged on Skyler’s lips; certainly not together and most definitely not in earnest. Just the thought of it was so wrong, not aligning with his knowledge of the sailor in the most hilarious kind of way… [break][break]

Angelo’s glad Jolly is next to him, she makes for a great support structure as laughter rips unrestrained out of his lungs, leaning against the sturdy frame of the Feraligatr as he clutches his side. “Oh… Shit. Thanks, Razz. That’s the best thing I’ve heard all day.” And he’d heard plenty of nice things from Skyler this morning. [break][break]

Despite his better judgement, Angelo pushes his broom over towards her direction without any effort to sweep. He swallows his laughter; unable to resist the fruit of temptation that dangles teasingly in front of him. Greedily taking hold of the opportunity that had been presented so generously by Razz’s innocent misinterpretation. [break][break]

Ignoring Dorado, a hand loops around Skyler’s shoulders from behind, his fingertips pressing into her collarbone in a semblance of a loose, one-armed embrace. “You should’ve told me you felt this way, Sky,” his voice is spoken close to her ear, his taunting expression hidden but no doubt carrying through on teasing tones. “If I knew having a fairy tale romance meant that much to you, I'd have been more romantic. Brought you flowers. Serenaded you or something - called you,”[break][break]

It tastes so disgustingly wrong on his tongue but in the best, most self-satisfying kind of way… “Princess.”[break][break]

He’d have to remember to buy Razz a drink next time.

[break][break]

+ & [break][break]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Yo Ho Blow the Man Down
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 0:07:38 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

At first it seems as if the meaning of her words has gone over Razz's head, his initial question spilling into the air with an obvious sense of confusion behind it. Skyler quirks an eyebrow at the ranger, yet stays silent; she isn't pretending to sweep the deck anymore, instead leaning against her broom and smugly enjoying the effect of her words.

That enjoyment doesn't last long.

Silence follows in the wake of Razz's seemingly innocent comment. Skyler can hear nothing but the pounding of her heart as she blinks owlishly, feeling as if she'd just been hit by a whole pack of rampaging Gyarados. And it looks, at least in those first few seconds, as if Skyler has no reaction at all - except for the hilariously dumbfounded expression that takes over her face.

Her broom clatters to the floor, the hand holding onto it having grown lax. The familiar smugness that had clung to her to this very moment evaporates so quickly it's like it has never been there, replaced by embarrassment. It's the encouraging (really, Razz?) thumbs up that finally brings her back.

"Razz, what the h-"

And then the conversation comes back to her, from a few months back in Sootopolis. They'd been sharing breakfast (not lunch, mind you) after Skyler had won a water race and she'd jokingly told her friend that her New Year's resolution was to... find romance. Fairytale was taking it a bit too far, though.

Not that either of those things was true. At all. 

Angelo's laughter cuts through her mounting horror, and blond curls fly everywhere as her head immediately snaps to him, eyes flashing with a dangerous sort of warning the captain knows Angelo will not heed. She's proven correct when the blue-eyed man starts to approach her, mischief alight in his eyes.

Unbidden, her muscles tense and her eyes narrow further with each step he takes, following his movements with sharp, predatory focus. By the time Angelo is looping an arm around her shoulders, she's baring her teeth at him in a smile that betrays the temper simmering close to the surface. "Don't you dare, Angel," she growls out, already familiar with that insolent curl of his lips. "I'll throw you overboard." She would. She really would.

Naturally, that just encourages him. And while the captain can't help but appreciate the brush of his breath over the shell of her ear, the words that tumble from his lips bring her blood to a boil. Teeth grind together with the strength of her rising anger.

And the word Princess just fucking makes it spill over.

She gives Angelo no time to react as she takes a quick step back, silver eyes meeting his ocean blues with clear, violent intent in them - and then she sweeps her leg out, swiftly knocking him off his feet.

Her hand is quick to catch his collar before his back hits the floor, although she lets him fall the rest of the way not a second after. There's something wild and unapologetic and utterly dishonorable about the curve of her smile, just as a nearby bucket is snatched and promptly emptied onto Angelo's chest, soapy water soaking every bit of the young man's clothes - and skin. 

Ah, revenge is sweet. And wet.

The bucket is thrown aside thoughtlessly, skidding over the deck before colliding with the ship's railing. The look on her face is victorious and entirely too self-satisfied, and when she tilts her head back her lips curl into into something teasing. Daring. "How's that for a fucking princess, huh?" Then Captain Dross leans down slightly, a wicked light playing in her silver eyes. "You filthy peasant."

But Angelo isn't the only person aboard the Sotally Tober. "And you!" An accusing finger is pointed at Razz, her attention shifting away from the blue-eyed man under her to focus briefly on Razz. "There is no fairytale romance happening here." She doesn't mean to sound threatening, but it comes across that way anyway. "Got it?"

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Yo Ho Blow the Man Down
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 0:20:14 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

There is a lingering feeling that he had done something wrong here. First with Skyler being interrupted by Angelo's mention of what he said being the best he's heard all day. Something he doubted as they were in bed together or something right so why would something he say be the best. Razz looks toward Royal who is clearly giggling to see if they could explain what was going on. Though all the frog seems to communicate was that Angelo was dead which just confused him more as the frog began chuckling once again as they communicate for the Ranger to just watch and see. [break][break]

Razz decides to take the break as he does as asked, resting his chin on the broom as Angelo goes close and mutters seemingly sweet words. Razz still clearly not seeing the problem due to his inability to just read the room. So it is a surprise to him that makes him jump slightly back as the sudden impact of Skyler tossing the other to the ground and dumping the soapy water on them. Something his pokemon seemed to be expecting as they all shared a bit of a chuckle though Razz was still clearly confused because wasn't romance what she wanted?[break][break]

He tenses up slightly as suddenly her attention is on him as she seems to threaten him. Razz just nods slowly in a 'got it' sort of manner. "I read that situation wrong didn't I?" he can't help but question. Though he feels he probably shouldn't question too much if he didn't want to end up soaked with soapy water either.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Yo Ho Blow the Man Down
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 15:36:25 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
His world flips but somehow a flash of silver remains at the centre of it all – as dangerous as it was attractive, pulling him in. [break][break]

Angelo’s chest jolts from the whiplash of falling and suddenly being caught, suspended for a moment only to be unceremoniously dumped onto the deck. Force of the impact knocking an exhale from his lungs and summoning annoyance to flash behind his eyes. [break][break]

His heart is racing, although whether it’s from the adrenaline of the descent or the ferocity, palpable as it emanates from Skyler and down onto him, is debatable. Angelo pushes himself up on an elbow, preparing himself to get back to his feet, suddenly filled with a hunger for revenge. [break][break]

But she’s faster, Angelo catching a glint of metal flashing in the corner of his vision; sunlight ominously sparkling off the water that sloshes out of the bucket. [break][break]

Sky!” Her name falls off his lips, sharp and entangled in an array of emotions before its drowned out by the rush of soap and water; turning into a laughed-out yelp. It doesn’t matter if its warm, a shock still rips through him, irritation crackling and intermingling with the amusement into a strange cocktail. Wild grin combining with eyes of turbulent, crashing waves; both directed at the woman who looms over him with her frustratingly addictive smile.[break][break]

My bad... Did I say princess?” A pause as he swipes water off his face, flicking bubbles away and grimacing a little at the sensation of clothes sticking to his skin when muscles shift. “What I meant was witch. Fucking hag.” [break][break]

Fucking hag and filthy peasant echo across the deck, insulting at face value but void of any real malice. He can feel electricity in the air. Encouraging and addicting.[break][break]

His hand snatches out as Skyler's attention diverts to Razz, grasping hold of a sponge that had been dumped out of the bucket along with the warm water; squelching underneath a fierce grip. It’s promptly pitched towards the captains stupid, smug face; wanting to wipe it away. [break][break]

Spotting the carnage, distracted from Salem’s tails, Delphini blinks at the flying water with bright eyes. Her face splitting into a wide, toothy grin – completely reading the situation wrong. AQUA TAIL suddenly activates as she begins to leap around, excitement rippling off her as she tries to get in on the game; water spraying all over Razz and his pokemon in innocent glee.

[break][break]

+ & [break][break]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Yo Ho Blow the Man Down
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 17:29:58 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Angelo's yelp as she dumps a whole bucket of soapy water on him is like music to her ears, and the following insult thrown her way only serves to widen the smile on her face. Skyler fully embraces the title of 'fucking hag' with a quirk of her lips, unrepentant and insolent in equal measure. Smug too, especially when his soaked white t-shirt reminds her of one of the reasons why she kept inviting him to spend the night.

Inevitably, her gaze drifts to the look on his face, locking onto the turbulence in his ocean blues. A thrill shoots up her spine at the challenge there, at the promise of retribution that has her showing a little more teeth. The air is charged around them, thick with a sharp, barely contained eagerness. 

What for remained a mystery.

The fierceness on her face mellows out a little at Razz's question - which sounds strangely subdued after the growled out insult that had been thrown her way by Angelo, much to her own amusement. "As long as we understand each other, it's all good." Her voice carries out to younger man, waving an arm as if to say 'don't worry about it'. 

And that would've been that - if not for the wet sponge that hits her in the face just then, followed by a startled feline yowl.

Captain Dross scrambles back with a hiss, a hand immediately going to her face to wipe off the soapy water that drips down to her chin. On her shoulder, Dorado does the same thing, bubbles clinging to his steely fur in a comical way. 

It's almost uncanny how the both of them have exactly the same look in their eyes when they glare down at a certain blue-eyed idiot. A metallic swishing sound cuts through the tense atmosphere as Dorado unleashes his claws, leaning forward threateningly. Skyler stops his momentum just as he's about to jump forward, mercury bright eyes narrowed. "...You have chosen war."  Her motions are slow as she deliberately leans down to pick up the sponge. There's a strange excitement that sits on her tongue, betrayed by a sudden, sharp bark of laughter. "Wrong move, peasant."

The gleam in her eyes is pure, unadulterated chaos. 

"Shoalgun," the Dewott stands at attention, her curiosity about the nearby shell-less Oshawott momentarily replaced by determination. "Aqua Jet."

With a move so fast it almost appears blurry, a jet of water pierces through the air, headed for Angelo; unfortunately, Razz is some ways behind him and also becomes an unintended target for the powerful torrent of water. Not waiting for the inevitable chaos that will unfold, Captain Dross dives behind the mast, whistling for Jolly to join her.

The Feraligatr, of course, doesn't part from Angelo's side.