6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
joy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 16:02:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"kingsman!" kyle calls as he picks out the ranger from the crowds. "i didn't expect you to be the type to go on festivals."

kyle is suited up for the occasion, complete with an entire kimono and wooden clogs, though a holster for pokeballs was still present in his attire for safety. behind him was a bag full of prizes he won from carnival games from festival stalls.

"are you alone, or...?"

no one goes to these kinds of festivals alone, kyle assumes, besides maybe him, who only goes just to play games. these do not happen often as these festivals are seasonal, and kyle would rather seize the moment should they happen.

maybe he's the same? he asks himself.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
joy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 16:25:37 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

With lots of stress still in his life, and the last time he came to the festival feeling like a bust since he was working his pokemon decided to drag him here for gun this time around. Though he stuck out like a sore thumb as he wasn’t dressed up to match the theme, didn’t really participate in anything yet and overall this felt a bit overwhelming. At least until his name was called to see the elite four member, the young man nods in a greeting, “Lopez, and I’m not really... my pokemon sorta dragged me here,” he chuckles as he looks back to where his Meowstic were only to notice them now gone. [break][break]

”Well I had my Meowstic... but yeah I’m sorta alone, and don’t really know what people do at these things, but you seem...” as he tries to think of a word he does recall the other being more of the gaming type, “Actually, you wouldn’t mind maybe... showing me stuff would you?” he nervously ask as he rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment, this being one of those rare times he was willing to try something new.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#3E7E96;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
joy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 16:43:15 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"were you a shut-in when you were younger?" kyle asks tactlessly. it was the first conclusion he came to when razz basically tells kyle that it was his first time.

there's a smile that breaks through his expression when the ranger comes for him. it kinda fills him with a sense of fulfillment knowing that someone gets to ask him to do these kinds of things, and it would've been much more different if it was work-related.

"i don't usually spend my festivals the same way as everyone, but i can try." he cracks his knuckles as he gets ready before shifting the bag full of toys and plushies he had won off of games from his shoulders. "let me show you the lopez way of carnivals."

he cocks his head before turning back to where he came from, nudging razz to follow after him.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
joy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 16:54:41 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

”That obvious to tell huh?” Razz questions but honestly he knows the answer to it, ”Parents were sort of the controlling type so...” the young man shrugs as if that should explain everything. As it was the reason for his lack of understanding in anything that wasn’t schooling and pokemon. [break][break]

He does tilt his head at the other as he informs that they didn’t do these sort of things normally. His good eye focuses on the bag of toys and for a second he thinks it clicks, “Oh is it because you’re a toy collector and you buy and trade with other vendors? he questions knowing that there were some weird adults who would spend hundreds for them and because the bag thought Kyle might be one. Because why would he think they’re from the games? The last game he played with didn’t come with one. [break][break]

For now he just follows the other having a feeling that Salem and Sabrina would catch up with him eventually.

[break][break]

[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
joy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 17:10:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh, these?" he shifts the bag on his shoulder again. "nah. i just play the games for fun and got these as rewards for that. want one?"

he's not sure where razz got the toy collector theory from, but it only supports the fact that he hasn't been in a carnival before at all. it's amusing in its own way that it gets kyle more inspired to bring culture to this young man's life.

eventually, they reach the part of the festival where stalls for carnival games are all lined up. he immediately beelines for the last one he played on, with the owner immediately noticing kyle and frowning.

"i'm not even playing!" he reacts with concern to the owner. "it's him this time."

the owner sighs and takes the payment from kyle for a try. he hands kyle a cork gun that he then hands over to razz before he explains the rules of the shooting gallery. it was a straightforward game, with rules that are almost self explanatory.

"this is just the first of many," he reminds razz.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
joy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 17:24:54 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

“Oh.. umm sure? Thank you,” okay so apparently these festivals didn’t also have the same types of vendors as he thought. Though he does take up the offer about taking one, while he personally has no interest in such things he knows several of his pokemon do. [break][break]

For now he follows behind the other doing what he could to not bump into people as he followed behind. As they reach the first of the games the ranger is too busy noticing just what type of game it wasn’t to even notice the conversation between the vendor and Kyle. He groans at the idea of a shooting gallery and he is about to protest it because he can’t aim worth a damn, but its too late as the toy gun is handed to him. Okay too late to protest then. [break][break]

He tries his first shot and it way to far left, another shot and again it’s too far left. He hates having no depth perception, he groans in a bit of frustration as he tries once more, trying to readjust but this time ends up too far right for his last shot as he hands back the gun not having hit a thing. “Are there any games that don’t require proper sight to play?” Razz can’t help but ask sort of pointing to the bandanna he had coving half his face as a small reminder to the other that he was half blind. ”Also what do I owe you for the game?” he almost forgets to ask, not wanting to be a burden to the other.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
joy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 17:41:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he wants to tell him that he only was excited to get razz to play the game because he was curious how exactly the depth perception would affect his shots, but realizes that maybe they're not close enough for him to throw jokes at him like that. for now, he feigns ignorance.

"there's a bunch," he answers as he waves bye to the stall owner before dragging razz somewhere else. "oh yeah, tonight's expenses are all paid for by me. the only thing you're going to owe me is a thank you after everything."

it was a rare opportunity to be able to force his hobbies to someone else after all. besides, most of the people he knows have been too forceful with theirs to him, with razz being an outlier.

he starts to walk, eyeing the various stalls that he had marked as his favorite. most of them were mostly aiming skills though, and as he only considers it now, kyle starts getting too conscious of his next suggestion.

"anything catch your-" he stops himself before he says 'eye'. "-attention."

saved.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
joy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 17:56:25 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

“A-are you sure?” Razz can’t help but ask with some doubt wondering just what the other was getting out of it by paying for him. Or maybe it was because he thought like this that the ranger wasn’t on better terms with more people. Though he supposes Kyle also makes much more than him so he also shouldn’t be complaining, so he just gives a nod“Uhh thank you very much now still,” [break][break]

Razz allows himself to be dragged along as Kyle seems to be looking for a good game. Though as Razz takes a look at them he feels there was a bit of an oversight as it seemed like every game involved some sort of aiming. Though a few at least required less skill than others. “How about that one?” the ranger points to a where where you had to toss a dart of a wall of balloons. The balloons were scattered and some clumped together so maybe even with his poor aim he might get lucky.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
joy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 18:10:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he follows the direction to where razz points. "ooh, good choice." he likes the shooting gallery more, but he definitely has a lot more playtime with this carnival game if he counts his childhood.

he goes ahead of razz and approaches the booth owner, exact payment in coins ready like every other veteran for carnival games. a limited number of darts was given to razz, its end pointed and sharp so kyle knows that the game's not rigged.

"there's a corresponding prize for each balloon," he explains, "and we're not leaving until you get one."

perhaps the way he had said it was a bit harsh, although it's all for fun for kyle. it doesn't help that the tone he used hasn't shifted from the serious, neutral one he defaults to.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
joy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 18:29:26 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"T-thank you again," he repeated himself as this was most likely not the last time he was going to say it. There was a biy of him that still felt odd that the other was paying for him to have a fun time as he just watched. Though as the other mentions that they weren't leaving until he got a prize he felt a bit more pressure. Reading tones wasn't a strength but it sounded serious so he figures he'll try. [Break][break]

Razz lines himself like most people did but his vision didn't line up well with it as as he through it was a big miss. Okay he tries moving he body so hes more straight with the both as he throws the dart. This time due to his weird angle the dart doesnt even stick to the board let alone hit a balloon. "Sorry," he appologizes for his failures as he goes for the last one. This time lefting left foot first and using his left hand. [Break][break]

Problem was he wasn't left handed. And while his dart actually got a lot closer than any of his previous attempts, the problem lied with how he threw it. The dart spinning in the air as the dull side struck the board before plopping off. "I think you might be wasting your money here Lopez,"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
joy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 18:42:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"naaah, you got this."

he continues to give the owner of the booth payment for more tries, each of them being handed over to razz. the act was done so casually that kyle doesn't miss a beat from their conversation.

"it's actually more fun if it takes you a lot of tries," he tells razz. "and then when you finally get one, that sense of accomplishment just goes... boom."

the boom comes with him closing his fist and then throwing his fingers open all at once.

"you'll see it when it happens."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
joy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 10:08:59 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Where the other was getting any faith in him he'll never know. Though he'll accept it for now especially since the other has already paid for another round of these. [break][break]

He takes a deep breath as he takes his words to heart. "Right I'll try again then," he mumbles with no real confidence. But he if nothing else Razz wasn't one to half ass things. Since his left handed toss was the only one he was able to make he goes back to that tactic. With a left foot forward he makes a few more tosses. [break][break]

Twice again he fails to throw it right. [break]
Once its close and sticks to the board. [break]
The final dart there is finally a POP![break][break]

"Oh.. OH!" for a moment he's excited as it finally seems to work, for a brief moment an also childish joy enters his eye before he coughs to correct himself. The young man putting up a more professional front as if what he had before was wrong. "Umm... guess you were right..."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
joy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 10:40:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
when it hits, the sense of victory infects kyle as well. it's like watching a baby bird grow and finally leave its nest. he'd shed a tear if he can.

"right?"

the dart pins a piece of paper behind the balloon popped by razz that listed its corresponding prize. the owner approaches it, unpinning the darts that missed their target on the way, and takes it out. he goes to pick out the prize that hung around the booth's display, plucks it out and then hands it over to razz.

"oh, you got an eevee one." kyle claps his hands in a celebratory manner, palms wide open. "ooh, right. you have to try the food. you haven't yet, right?"

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
joy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 11:22:33 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

There is a small satisfied smile on his face as the vendor hands him the small Eevee Keychain as his apparent prize. [break][break]

Did he need it? No[break]
Would he use it? Probably not[break]
Was he happy he won something? Yeah kinda, even if it was a fluke. [break][break]

"Did you win a different prize here?" he ask as he pockets the keychain. Surprisingly he was having a bit of fun so he was still willing to follow along with Kyle for a bit longer. "Is there any special food they make here that isn't at other places? Cause it all seems the same." Though that may have been because he usually ordered the same old same old being a creature of habit.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
joy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 11:37:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he tries to recall the prize he got from the said booth, knowing that he definitely played this earlier as well. scrounging his bag for it wasn't an option since it's probably at the bottom, although he eventually manages to deduce the answer from trying to recall it.

"yup. i got a zigzagoon."

it's probably never getting to be used since it's not a dog, but at least zigzagoons are still cute. he can probably gift it to someone when he forgets to buy a gift for someone else's birthday or something, he supposed.

he leads razz to a street where the smell of greasy food overpowers every other smell. most of them are fried or grilled, but colorful desserts such as cotton candy, candied apples and snow cones catch people's eyes the most.

"it's not about the taste. it's about the ambiance... or something like that." kyle stands in line at the yakisoba stand amid the explanation to razz. "it's, like, you can't have a birthday party without cake. it's not a festival without these food. it's a bit nonsense, but you'll get it when you try it."