part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2021 6:36:18 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

SOCIAL: GAME OF EIGHT BALL!

“I’ll be damned.” He shook his head, watching her. ’I try’. My ass.”

Then she hit the third ball in, and he was practically on the edge of his seat. Oh yes, he did love a woman who could play pool. His eyes watched her body as it leaned over the table, and her eyes as it assessed angles, drawing invisible shapes over the felt as she tested her options. She missed on the fourth, but he hadn’t been looking at the ball at that point.

Pushing off from his lean against the ledge, his eyes cut at her with teasing words that didn’t leave his lips at her last remark. After letting the thought of hot sex pass between them silently, he angled his cue stick at her and clicked his tongue. “Careful now. Tryin’ta hustle a hustler, woman.” His teasing gaze cut at her with charmingly crooked teeth.

He went to take his shots, taking more time to set them up than the last, but still not much. This was a casual game, and unlike her, Roach had his form down-pat. He sunk the 15, and then the 11 close to it with a sharp stop short of the corner pocket. Then, down the long rail, the cue ball sailed a small angle to knock in the 9-ball. It rebounded some, setting him up for his next attempt. It failed, but left the cue ball still effectively blocking her from her best shot.

He backed away from the table again, this time not going back to grab his drink, but rather staying squared off towards their game. Engaged. His chin tilted to the side at her. “Whatcha gon’ do now, pool sharpedo?”

8PQjTfw9

roach missed on shot four!
and has 2 balls left on the table!

···
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2021 15:26:27 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

His cutting gaze was met with a small smirk, lightly entertaining the wild thoughts implied by her last remark. Lex knew exactly what she was doing. The whiskey teased a hunger she didn’t even know was there. And with every sip her own amber eyes grew more predatory, watching Roach like a hungry Mightyena did a Wooloo. She kept it intermittent, she didn’t need him to think he had all her attention. But she wanted him to know it was there, the possibility. Lex wasn’t a shy woman and she tended to go after what she wanted. Her shoulders lightly shrugged and she brushed her long red hair back, “I have no idea what you’re talking about,” she smile, turning away from the pool table to sip the dwindling whiskey while he made his shots.

One. Two. Three. Lex grit her teeth. She couldn’t catch a break, could she? Not that it mattered, he was just really good, as he should be. It would be embarrassing for a bar owner to be terrible at pool. She didn’t respond to his last comment, only smiled and downed the last bit of whiskey in her glass and prayed it gave her luck as she stepped back to the billiard table.

It was far more scarce than it was a few minutes ago. Only 6 balls and the 8 remained. She eyed her four solids, formulating to plan in her head before moving forward. This time, the 2 was going in. It was another bank shot off the long rail for the side pocket and it landed with a satisfying click. She smiled. The cue ball landed right where she wanted, setting her up for a long shot down the table to lightly tap the 4 into the corner pocket. The next shot was . . . difficult. There was a very narrow window between the 8 and her 5. The cue ball zoomed uncomfortably close to solid black ball and clipped the 5, but at the wrong angle. It missed the pocket wide, making Lex frown as she stood back up. She was hoping to make a good run. Roach was dangerous with that pool stick and she was afraid this next turn would be the killing blow.

wl1IN|WY
Lex makes the 2 and the 4, missing her third shot

··
close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
DON'T FEAR NOTHING, SNAKE IS BLUFFING
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2021 20:23:45 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

SOCIAL: GAME OF EIGHT BALL!

“Hm.” He responded simply with a chuckle. He liked messing with her just as much as he liked feeding her ego. The smile was returned, pinched at one corner.

The butt of his cue stick sat gently, lazily on the ground. He rotated it just so, back and forth in calloused fingers, watching as she leaned in for the next couple of shots. “Doin’ pretty good there, Lex.” He wasn’t fucking with her this time. “I’m gettin’ another table in here soon. Gonna have a tournament t’ celebrate.” He went to take his next shots. “Ya should give it a shot, maybe.”

It had been a close game, but the eight-ball dropped in the pocket on his first try, and the game was won. “Well. Thoughtchya were gonna get me, but,” he gave a sound from his chest that sounded like steam, “I’m too good.” He flashed a grin.

He went to put up the cue stick and grab his whiskey. “You smoke?”

y04lEDqV

roach has cleared all stripes!
he shoots for the eight ball to win...

success!

··
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2021 4:51:18 GMT

Lex thought about it for a moment, “Hm, a chance to hustle some poor boys for all they’re worth?” she tapped her chin, “Sounds like my kinda night, I could be into that,” if she played as well as she was tonight, she may just stand a chance against some of them. She’d definitely need a few drinks beforehand. She was sure Roach wouldn’t object to that.

Her suspicions proved true as Roach finished off the last of his balls and sank the 8 on the first go, “Well, damn,” Lex sighed, shaking her head in disappointment, “I thought I stood a chance,” she moved to place her pool stick with the others. His grin was returned with one of her own, “Tonight maybe,” she teased, taking the empty whiskey glass in her hand. She moved slowly past Roach and gently tapped his chest, “Next time I’ll get ya,” she winked, continuing to move towards the bar.

Smoke? Lex looked back and shook her head, “This is too precious for that shit,” she ran a hand down the curves of her body to imply what she meant. Lex took pride in her athleticism. Her stamina and agility were too important on the job to compromise with smoke and tobacco.

But she’d drink whiskey till her liver caved in. She gave the new bartender a sweet smile, leaning forward to pass him her empty glass, “Another, please,”

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2021 5:53:48 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

“Yer a got-dang liar, woman.” He rebuked.

He then pulled a cigarette from his pocket and placed it between his lips, craning his chin at her when she tapped him on the chest. “No doubt.” She really was better than most. Cuter too.

At her response about the smoking, he nodded in approval. “Good girl.” Silently judging himself and his own wrinkles.

“Yeah, totally.” The bartender grabbed her glass and set it on the dishwasher before going to grab a fresh one. “You want the same thing, orr…?” He eyed her, knowing it would be free if she did.

“Just give it t‘er, Lonnie, it’s fine.”

The other man turned and rolled his eyes before grabbing the bottle off the tall shelf, pouring two fingers and sliding it to her. “On the house.” He was a moody man. A bit petty, even. Jealous maybe?

Roach left out the door for five, coming back in with the smell of tobacco lingering on him. He then went to pour himself another drink, leaning over the bar again at her. “You believe I bought a goddamn piano fer this place?”

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2021 7:09:26 GMT
“Thanks, Lonnie. You’re a doll,” she smiled as she caught the drink. She lifted it slightly to cheers his spectacular performance pouring her drink. She glanced to the side, watching Roach leave to smoke. Hopefully the rain had let up a bit.

Lex spent the next 5 minutes chatting up Lonnie like the true outgoing extrovert she was. By the time Roach returned they were two peas in a pod, laughing at the end of the bar. Lex was even sporting a new beige jacket that was slightly too big for her, curtesy of Lonnie of course. Lex didn’t even have to turn around to see Roach walk back in. She assumed he was back by the way Lonnie looked past her, shut his trap, and immediately started checking in on other patrons.

Lex clicked her tongue against her teeth and took another sip of whiskey. Guess she wasn’t that interesting after all.

Her amber gaze shifted back over to Roach as he went back behind the bar, “A piano?” she repeated in a flat, obviously unamused tone. The brow over her scarred eye raised, “Why on earth would you do that?” the last thing this place needed was a soft melody to put everyone to sleep. Maybe Lex needed to find a new favorite bar.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2021 2:07:30 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

Roach hissed through his teeth as her in amusement. “What? Don’ like music, Lex?”

He leaned over on the bar, both hands cupping his glass from his resting forearms as he looked out towards the corner, imagining the placement. “I know it sounds sappy as shit, but my mama used t’ play. Some kid ( @everett ) came in ‘n asked if he could play ‘ere. Told ‘im no, and he sold me on it anyhow.” He gave a snort, shaking his head at himself. “Weird shit.”

“Anyways, I found a good deal on one. ‘Stead of havin’ ‘im haul his all the way ‘ere, I just said fuck it.” He looked over at her, raising his brows. “See how it goes. Guess you might not like jazz, huh?”

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2021 4:36:32 GMT

Lex readjusted in her seat to lean over the bar just a little more, just a little closer to him. The smell of the tobacco was a familiar scent, one that brought a sense of calm and longing. That’s what she was drawn to. Although she didn’t partake, her ex did. And it was that familiarity that sent a chill down her back as something inside her stirred.

She looked up at Roach from her glass, “Of course I like music,” she wasn’t a psycho, “The kind I like isn’t played on a piano,” she sipped her whiskey, and let Roach tell her a story. Her gaze softened as he opened up just a little. So, he had a soft side to contrast is chiseled, rough exterior. It was . . . endearing. Kinda cute. She smiled.

“…Jazz?” she repeated after another sip. She looked indifferent. Maybe she just wasn’t cultured enough to enjoy it but in her mind, it wasn’t something she could dance to so she shook her head, “Probably not, guess I’ll just have to come back and see what he’s all about then” there must be something to this guy’s talent to have Roach agree to it. Or this kid was a hell of a salesman. Either way, Lex was intrigued.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2021 11:24:30 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

His whiskery mouth curled. He supposed maybe most people that visited his bar didn’t like piano music, but this wasn’t about them, really. Everyone could fuck themselves.

Liquor stung smooth down his throat.

“Guess so.” he echoed lazily. Having gotten what he had to say about it out in one bubble, he fell quiet, a fingernail scraping the side of his glass lightly. “What’s yer night look like?” Just small talk, really. Nothing suggestive, but of course, Roach always wore that sort of questionable face.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2021 21:03:12 GMT

Her cherry red lips pursed at the mention of tonight’s plans. Although comfortably buzzing on whiskey, she was still bitter about the rain ruining her plans. There was a shipment of Slowbro she was scheduled to steal but they were coming by boat. And boats didn’t come too close in storms like these, the waves made it too dangerous to dock.

“You’re looking at it, Roach,” she sighed, lifting her glass to take a sip, “At this rate I just might be here till closing,” she mused as she shifted her gaze up to a nearby clock, “What about you?” she asked out of curiosity though it may be a stupid question. She assumed he was going to be closing up the bar when the time came but, then again, he had employees for that nonsense.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2021 21:51:33 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

The smooth whiskey was brought to his lips as the woman thought. When she admitted the possibility of lingering so long, he snorted at her. “That’s a long time t’ sit there in wet-ass clothes, gonna catch yerself a cold girl.” His head shook a bit at her. He then considered after a moment, “Eh, I guess whiskey’ll warm yah’up.”

I’m headin’ home soon, I’m thinkin’. This sum’ bitch is wore out.” His shoulders arched across a strong back to stretch a bit as he leaned. “Would offer ya a ride. Looks like you walk.” There was a teasing, pressed smirk. “But if you wanna spend the rest ‘o’ the night in the company of Lonnie, then, by all means…”

Lonnie a shot a prickling glare from down the bar which clipped the edge of Roach’s crooked smile. The man had passive aggression down to a science.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2021 1:07:32 GMT

Roach had a point. Lex clicked her tongue on the back of her teeth while glancing at the clock behind the bar. But what else did she have to do? Sitting here was better than sitting in her shitty apartment alone. Lex hated being alone. She had expected herself to get used to it by now, but it had only grown into an insatiable urge for any sort of companionship.

“You make a good point, Roach . . . I guess I could use a hot shower,” Lex took a bigger sip in anticipation of leaving soon, “I do walk . . . but I’ll walk you out. Besides, I have a business proposition for ya,” there was a mischievous grin emphasized by the buzz of the whiskey that accompanied the last part of the statement. From the look she gave, there was an unspoken understanding that this was the kind of business you don’t discuss out in the front of his bar.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2021 3:22:32 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

Roach put the wrong things together at that point. She said she worked outside, she was walking around, she got rained out... dodged questions about work, had clearly been beaten up somehow at some point. And now she had a proposition and a grin—a devious one. One that wanted something tangible, like money. He knew that hot sparkle.

And if he’d been right, he probably wouldn’t have turned her down.

It would turn out, she did want money, just not in the way his mind wanted her to. “Alright.” He responded, and an eyebrow popped up with a smirk.

He got up. “Lonnie, text me when y’ lock up.” There were no more words to the bartender, and his voice was stripped of humor, purely business. He walked towards the door, eyeing her curiously and reaching for a cigarette. “Hm.” Opened the door for her.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2021 7:39:27 GMT

“Wonderful,” Lex purred with a smile. In characteristic Lex fashion, she shot the remainder of the whiskey back and left the empty on the bar for Lonnie along with a enough cash to close out her tab and leave him with a handsome tip, “Thanks for the jacket, Lonnie. ‘Till next time,” she shot him a wink while shrugging off the jacket and leaving it alongside the empty glass and cash on the bar.

The substantial amount of whiskey had done its job. There wasn’t the same sense of dread heading back out into the dreary Slateport night there was before. The warmth spread from her belly and over her arms, wrapping her in a pleasant, whiskey blanket. The damp, chill air didn’t even raise goose bumps when she stepped outside in front of Roach, “Thanks,” she smiled, taking a few steps away from the door before half turning towards him. It was no longer raining but the air was heavy with a thick, ocean fog, “Where to?” she asked, still assuming right in front of his bar is not where he discussed business. Quite honestly, Lex wasn’t even sure if the rumors were true. She could be shooting at a fish in a barrel for all she knew and Roach was only a respectable (sometimes) bar owner.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2021 8:26:05 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

Lex had overestimated Roach. If she meant to do any more nefarious business with him apart from desecrating his couch, he was blissfully unaware. Regardless, he didn’t mind talking crime in front of Ritual. He had a false sense of invulnerability about him that would be taken as cool to some and utterly foolish to others. Arrests would tell that Roach didn’t mind shitting on his own stoop for the whole world to see. That’s just the kind of man he was. A stoop shitter.

Hot chicks don’t get cold.

He admired her as she walked ahead, wet clothing still clinging, and his tongue ran over his gums a bit. He was unabashed with his stare. This could easily be accredited to the whiskey, or the fact that sometimes, Roach just didn’t give a fuck—but his gaze was certainly heavier than usual.

“Truck’s around back.” He began walking in said direction, lighting his cigarette and then fishing a ring of keys out of his pants. If she went with him, he intended to drive her to his house on the outskirts of town.

Had Roach known what sort of business she’d intended to discuss with him, they would have just gone downstairs. Unfortunately, Roach was stupid sometimes.