Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2021 15:36:47 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

Lex was about as naïve to how Roach handled business as she was to the entire situation at hand. Guess they did it different here in Hoenn. Besides, how could business mean anything other than business. She thought she was quite clear on the matter. So, she was surprised when he mentioned his truck, but only shrugged lightly and followed him around back anyway.

The pleasant smell of tobacco wafted in her direction. There was a comfort in the familiar scent. It reminded her of better times with better men (well, one man). Blame it on the booze, the incurable loneliness, or Lex’s inherent naivety with men but she climbed up into the truck without a second thought. She settled into the heavy smell of tobacco laced with a masculine musk that filled the truck. She didn’t realize it yet (blame the whiskey) but she was hooked. Even if she knew it was more than business she wouldn’t object (blame the lonlieness). It had been nearly a year since she had had any sort of intimate companionship. It was something she wanted, no, she needed, even if only for a brief moment in time. Perhaps then she could finally find some relief in the loneliness.

Her eyes fixed out the window at the passing light as they made their way towards the outskirts of town. Alone, and quiet, she decided now was an appropriate time to finally reveal her business, “I’m … acquiring a shipment of pokemon that I need moved,” she began, breaking the silence, “I hear you’re the man for the job?” it was formed as a question because she was still uncertain the role Roach played in all this. Her head rolled against the back of the seat to focus her gaze on him.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
DON'T FEAR NOTHING, SNAKE IS BLUFFING
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2021 5:07:30 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

The Slateport air blew through his hair as he hung a large out the window, fist curled against the metal of the truck around the filter of his cigarette. Ashes fell in their wake.

They went to break the silence nearly at the same moment. His chest filled with air to ask her about the menu, but she spoke first, and his cheeks filled with hot hair. Oh.. Abort.

The loud, ticking sound of his turning signal could be hurt as he began the first point of his backtracking. “Shit. We’re goin’ back to the bar.” He didn’t explain why. He looked over at her. “Actually… fuck it, I’ll just drop you off wherever you want.”

He settled on a road again, thinking for a moment.

“Didn’t peg you for that, but… alright, I’m listenin.’”

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2021 19:13:12 GMT

The turn signal and the sudden turn that followed made the thief brace herself against the seat. She looked over towards Roach with the eyebrow above her scarred eye pinched in confusion, “Back to the bar?” she echoed, glancing out the window, “Well, why the hell did we get in the truck in the first place?” there was a hint of annoyance in her voice fueled by obvious confusion. Roach was a hard nut to crack for Lex which only added to her mild frustration.

He seemed surprised by the business she brought up. Which, in her mind, shouldn’t be a surprise. What other business could there be? Her gaze narrowed and turned cold. Didn’t peg you for that implied he had made an assumption about her she probably wouldn’t like. Lex took her work seriously and was proud of her track record. It was a sense of pride in her identity and being judged by him didn’t settle well with her, “What did you think I meant?”

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2021 23:41:16 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

Roach was sweating.

He truly hoped the woman wouldn’t pick up on his initial intentions, lightly drumming on the steering wheel to break the silence and rocking in his seat some. The blocks were too fucking long.

When she asked, he hit his cigarette to buy himself a moment. “…” Then, she pressed.

“…”

“Thought you were a hooker, Lex. My bad.”

He didn’t make eye contact, staring straight ahead. He also braced himself for her palm, trying to maintain optimism despite the fact she looked more like a punch-him-in-the-head type. His grip on the steering wheel tightened a little so as to keep ahold of it during an attack. Hopefully she’d consider he was at the wheel and have mercy on him until they were parked.

Eventually, that happened. Unless she hit him. Then, they'd probably crash into a pole. Not enough to hurt, just a little whiplash. Which path will you choose?

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2021 1:23:22 GMT

Her amber eyes grew wide and her jaw nearly hit the floor when he responded. There were a few beats of stunned silence as the intoxicated Lex fought with urge to rail on him. She was drunk, but not drunk enough to cause an accident, he was driving after all. Instead, she settled for one, swift punch on the shoulder closest to her, “What the hell, Roach?!” she growled in frustration, “Ugh!” she couldn’t fucking believe this.

“I don’t fuck for money,” implying she fucked for regular reasons, like curing suffocating loneliness or just for the pleasure of it, “Damn it, Roach,” she didn’t know whether to be pissed at him or be flattered in a sad, pathetic way that an attention-starved Lex would, “I don’t care if you wanted to fuck me, but fuck you for thinking I did it for money,” A mix of both, she decided.

“I’m a thief, not a hooker,” she clarified, a narrowed gaze cast in his direction as her arms crossed and she leaned back into the seat.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2021 2:15:02 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

It was unfortunate that they had such a bad rap. Roach had almost fallen in love several times. He bore no prejudice towards them, speaking genuinely and shaking his head matter-of-factly when he said, “It’s an honest profession.”

But, it was touchy thing to most. And that’s okay, it was definitely understandable to not want to be sexualized. Oops. He took the punch to his shoulder with pursed lips. Fair enough. Strong woman. He rocked a little by the force, and then hit his cigarette.

The next words caught him off guard. He lagged a moment. “Alright. What’s that got t’do wi’ me?”

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2021 2:28:53 GMT

It was an honest profession, and you didn’t work in Lex’s world without knowing a few of them. There were several she would have considered friends back in Johto. It wasn’t so much that she was angry for being thought of as a hooker, but more so for not being thought of as having other talents.

She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose before repeating herself, “I’m acquiring a shipment of pokemon. Obviously, not legally,” she was stealing said pokemon, “Galarian Slowbro, I hear they’re . . . desirable right now, and I don’t have a buyer or a way to move them,” she looked over at him with interest and make sure he understood where this was going. After all, she still wasn’t sure the rumors were entirely true about him. Was she barking up the wrong tree?

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2021 19:45:17 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

This woman didn’t look like a cop. She didn’t talk like one, and he knew all of them anyways. Roach considered the situation for a moment—probably not long enough.

Good thing she wasn’t a cop.

He side-eyed her with his last remaining ounce of suspicion as they pulled into the back of the bar. Turning off the ignition, he sat there. The smell of gasoline was strong. He continued to smoke, seeming immune to it. Roach was shockingly well-off and owned a sportscar, but this was what he drove around. A truck bed was nice to have handy in his line of work. Anything that wouldn’t squeeze to fit got the box truck luxury suite.

Breaking eye contact, his gaze lingered on mirrors to be sure no one was within earshot of the open window he was smoking out of. That ounce of suspicion hadn’t quite run fully dry, yet, but he leveled with her. “Why would you get a shipment a somethin’ you had no way a movin'?” Despite the effort to pick at any legal sabotage, his body language would read to the truth: keep talking to me. Ashed his smoke.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2021 0:36:50 GMT

Well, they were back at the bar, right where they started. Leaning an arm against the door she glanced back over to him, meeting his gaze as the engine went silent. Blame the booze, but she was still having a hard time reading this one. Or perhaps it was just the rugged handsomeness that was throwing her for a loop. Lex frowned, apparently she would have to be crystal clear with this one, “I’m seizing an opportunity,” she explained, “I’m stealing them,” she spelled it out, “Well,” she sighed, resting her head in her hand that leaned against the door, “I want to steal them but it wouldn’t be worth it if I couldn’t move them,” she sat back up straight, motioning to their current situation, “So here we are,” she flashed him a grin, “It’s a business opportunity. This won’t be the last time I need something moved,” woven within the words was the implication of a blossoming partnership. Lex was falling nicely into her own little niche here in Slateport. With time can knowledge, and with knowledge came more opportunity. And there was a lot of opportunity for Lex to take advantage of.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 4:31:11 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

“Hm.” He wasn’t sure what to think about her strategy. Sometimes, taking a risk was better than letting a good haul go—at least, in his book. On the other hand, being so strapped for a place to put them that she had to reach out to a stranger was questionable.

Either way, this woman seemed to know his deal. His guard dropped. “Fine, fine. I’ll take ‘em.” He pinched the cherry off of his cigarette, not wanting to litter his own lot. “So when’s the shipment comin’?” He finally looked over at her, raising his brows expectantly. All flirtatiousness had been dropped aside. Roach was a money man.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 18:22:00 GMT

This wasn’t how Lex normally worked. She wasn’t a ‘spur of the moment’ kind of girl when it came to her work. But being new-ish to the region, she hadn’t set up a reliable business relationship with someone who could move her product. It probably came off as a bit reckless and unprofessional, but she didn’t really have any other choice.

“I was supposed to get it tonight,” she sighed, looking back out the window. Her brow pinched in annoyance, “But the ship couldn’t dock in this weather,” Now she had to slightly adjust her plan but that’s wasn’t a deal breaker, “I’ll have ‘em by tomorrow night, morning at the latest . . . weather pending,” As long as the weather held, the ship would reschedule its drop-off for the following day. She’d have to pay attention to the change, but she had someone on the inside that would keep her in the know.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 5:25:00 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

Tomorrow night was sooner than expected. The idea of this actually happening at all was not something he’d necessarily been confident in, agreeing to it. He nodded twice, his shoulders rocking with it a little. Okay. Not the potential business partner he’d been expecting—didn’t look a damn thing like Price. Roach wouldn’t complain, though.

He sighed. ”’s quicker ‘an I thought, but that’s fine.”

A hand went up to scratch his chin. “Y’know, hold up. 'fore we go gettin' into all this: how many and how much are you talkin’?” Roach preferred to buy low-price bulk. He was at the top. Was she an acquirer, or just another dealer? He eyed her, genuinely curious. The fact he'd agreed to this without asking was enough to make him smirk at her, and his own foolishness.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 17:53:12 GMT

It was all happening quite quickly but that’s how Lex worked: fast and effective. Roach didn’t seem to care for it, “Well, I guess I can hang on to them for a bit if you won’t be ready,” it wasn’t something Lex enjoyed doing. She liked to do her part then get the heck out of there, not linger long enough to get in trouble. Considering the circumstances, she was willing to make exceptions. She was putting a lot on the man all at once: A near stranger talking illegal business behind a bar; She’d be sketched out too.

Lex took a minute to sift through her slowly sobering mind, “I think the manifest had about two dozen on there,” as for price, she threw her hands up, “I don’t know what they’re goin’ for now-a-days,” she frowned, looking over at Roach, “I steal ‘em, you sell ‘em, I get a cut. I like to stay out of the money part,” Perhaps she was spoiled back in Johto, she always had Killian to take care of that part of the business for her but now that she was out here on her own, she needed to foster her own relationships.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 22:49:15 GMT
virgil roach Avatar

“I’m always ready, Lex. I’m a businessman, make no mistake.” Eyes went in her direction again, flashed teeth with a slant. His jaw cut across a line in the air as he shook his head once. “Jus’ didn’t know whether to take ya seriously er not.”

A finger came up to scratch his bearded chin a moment. “You must trust me, ‘uh?” There was a teasing tone to his Unovan drawl. To offer a front without ever having dealt with him; without having to ask for it. He didn’t need it. He could pull a wad out of his pocket and buy the whole stock. That was usually how he operated, because he had the clientele.

His eyes narrowed a moment and he shook his head again, clicking his tongue. “Someone’s gon’ get you, girl.” It was lilting—not so much intentionally condescending as it was habitual. His leveling would tell that it wouldn’t be him, not this time. This was a friendly warning. “Gotta know what yer inventory’s worth, else yer jus’ gettin’ robbed.”

He added one more tip, eyebrows stretched up on his face severely as he bestowed his last grain of wisdom. “When money’s involved? Never admit you don’t know sum’m.”

“But sure, I’ll move ‘em. I'll even be fair with ya.” He popped the door on an old handle, pushing it open with a muffled screech. “Show ya the operation, if ya want.” He nodded towards a stairwell which led into the bottom of the pub—a separate speak-easy.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Pour Me Another (s,c)
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 23:23:11 GMT

Of course Roach was right, but she wasn’t about to tell him that. The stubborn redhead simply narrowed her eyes at the mini lecture from the man. Despite obviously displaying otherwise, she didn’t need to be mansplained business to . . . but actually she did a little bit. Again, she wasn’t going to let him know that, “I don’t know how things work in Hoenn,” she sighed, leaning back in the seat. That was her excuse, and she was sticking to it.

’Someone’s gon’ get you, girl.’

Those were words that rang all too true with her. Yea, someone is gonna get her one day. That was a fate she couldn’t hide from – but she would run from it as long as she could. She cast Roach a sideways glance, the look showed an understanding and appreciation for the friendly warning. Her lips twitched slightly with a shadow of a smile, was that him looking out for her in his own stubborn way?

“Well, Roach, that’s what I’ll have you for now,” she gave him a friendly slap on the shoulder, her mood brightening at the aspect of a lucrative partnership. Following his nod, she smiled, ”Alright, show me what you got,” she grinned, her passenger door creaking open so she could step out and follow him down the dark stairwell.