2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
fire fire fire
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 17:56:46 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Huh." Chu-e had never been to Sootopolis and thought it would be a fine day to visit... only to arrive to find what looked to be a new year's bonfire that had gotten out of control. Most of the small park area was up in flames, which was quickly spreading and looked to be heading for a group of houses. What had started this? A pokemon? A birthday cake gone wrong? Chu-e had no idea.

He kind of figured that this really wasn't his problem... but at the same time, people were watching. He wanted to keep up a mildly good appearance in public.

So he called his Slowking out, having the pokemon use Rain Dance on the area. It wouldn't beat the fire down but it would at least stop the spread. He wasn't a fireman.

close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
fire fire fire
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 18:03:16 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
Overlooking the blaze swallowing Sootopolis really makes a man question whether hoenn should just be called burnin' as freak fires seem to be the norm within the tropical region. He spots a familiar face fighting against the sudden inferno by summoning rain through his slowking. It's effective at preventing the fire from spreading, but it doesn't solve the immediate issue.

Spotting a nearby couple escaping the park, the Pokken Rider is quick to ALLY SWITCH with the pair, suddenly appearing before with a flash of neon yellow light. "Allow me to assist." he says, taking a pose as if he were about to fire off an Aura Sphere of some kind.

A ball of water begins to form between his palms and thrusting them outwards, a powerful HYDRO PUMP bursts out to dowse one part of the fire.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
fire fire fire
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 18:08:37 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e is about to break and send out another one of his water pokemon when that crazy guy in the suit appears.

Gosh, it had been a while since he seen this guy... it was all the way back in December! He's all healed up from his foot injury since then. But, the crazy stuff this guy can do is still weird. Pulling out his phone, he doesn't even hide that he's trying to record him with it.

"Hi again, mysterious savior. You saved anymore handsome young men from Abomasnow?" This guy seems to have a handle on it, so Chu-e just has Aloe, his Slowking, Water Pulse a few of the smaller flames.
close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
fire fire fire
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 18:19:20 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
The sudden flirting is nearly enough to pause him, but he quickly retorts: ”I’m saving you, aren’t I?”

He doesn’t seem to mind or care that he’s being recorded in this instance; after all, there’s a fire that he has to deal with! Pressing his hands together again, he fires out another heavy Hydro Pump, dowsing another portion of fire in the process.

His helmet’s eyes briefly glow a bright red in the process. ”And what about you? Get stuck in anymore tricky situations like last time?”

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
fire fire fire
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 18:27:12 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e grins a bit, crooked. "More than I should be in. I'm a magnet for trouble."

After Chu-e gets enough footage of the guy, he stops recording and puts his phone away. Later, he'll send the video to to see if she can make heads or tails of what was happening. She was the electronics wizard.

"But maybe if I keep getting into it, I could keep seeing you? Mr.....?" He tilted his head a bit as he led the question.

close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
fire fire fire
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 18:36:26 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
Seeing the man put away his phone, the helmeted vigilante flashes the man a thumbs up. ”You can call me the Pokken Rider.” he says with unbridled confidence – his name paying homage to Hoenn’s local Pokkenger.

Though he doesn’t realize the man’s affiliation with Rocket, he doubts the video will be very useful towards anyone; after all, ’s already seen his suit in action.

As the fire is quickly brought under control, he finds himself staring at the man. ”And what about you? Last time I saw you, you were trying to find your way out of a cave, now you’re trying to put out a fire.”

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
fire fire fire
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 18:44:47 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"A superhero... that's crazy." But he sounds approving, if anything. Sadly, Chu-e does not know that knows about the suit or he wouldn't have wasted her time. Maybe sometime they could get together and talk about details of things so this doesn't happen again.

At least it'll be a neat video to have, at the end of the day.

"Abomasnow just have it out for me. Did you know that was the second time that's ever happened to me?" He huffs, then snickers a bit. "Ji-hoon Ki! You know, the last guy that saved me got a kiss. But you ran off before you could get yours."
close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
fire fire fire
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 18:59:23 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
It does sound crazy – a superhero running around and actually performing superhuman feats. Even if this were a world full of pokemon, they’re the ones who should be performing humanly impossible feats – like that slowking.

He invisibly arches a brow at Ji-hoon’s remark. ”You seem to be more lucky than a magnet of trouble considering you got out of that situation a second time.” he retorts with a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

Continuing to hose down the fire without really looking at it, he simply stares back at the dark-haired man almost vacantly thanks to the helmet. ”That’s what keeps things interesting, isn’t it?”

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
fire fire fire
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 19:11:59 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"See? Trouble magnet. But, well, you know, it's not all bad..." He looks like he's about to say more when his phone goes off, a jaunty pop tune. He frowns and takes it out, sighing and deflating before he rolls his eyes.

"Well, I'd love to stay and flirt more, Mr. Pokken Rider, but duty calls... and you seem to have a better handle on this than me. Good luck out there, hero." Giving the other a wink, Chu-e called his Slowking back and shuffled off for elsewhere in town.
close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
fire fire fire
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 19:28:00 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
After successfully putting out the fire, the man is quick to flee - not that he actually minds. The Pokken Rider frowns beneath his helmet, but doesn't stop the man as there's no reason not to.

Instead, he looks back at the smoldering smoke and the patches of fire, and shrugs his shoulders, taking his leave.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
fire fire fire
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 0:10:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: