siege

the public eye
he/him
March 14th
jubilife, sinnoh
heterosexual
journalist
cadet
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
25 posts
Jak Preach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jak
Jak Preach
in 200 meters, turn left [m]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2021 7:54:23 GMT
Jak Preach Avatar
it gets harder just to breathe
feel like the walls are closin' in

PARTY

Underground racing's back at it again, hidden beneath the underbelly of Slateport. Today marked his biggest scoop to date and the start of many more crazy stunts he'd be willing to pull off in the name of journalism. "Lambo Rarri..." He said, introducing his faux name as he adjusted a pair of sunglasses framed in faux gold to better fit his face. "Meanest, hottest racer coming all the way from Sinnoh." He nodded to no one in particular as he sat on the hood of their rented out orange kia.

"It's what our budget got us." He said, turning towards his boss, , as he gave the worn down orange car a few taps. "It's electric, and that's what matters!... The lender said." Sure, he was there to uncover the big dogs of underground racing, but to do so he had to be one of the dogs; or so what Selena said.

Racers to your stations! The announcer exclaimed. We'll start in a few minutes!

"You sure we got this boss?" He asked, hoping Selena had better knowledge and experience in racing than he did.

[ OOC ] + mission

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2021 9:30:20 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“Where does 'Lambo Rarri' even came from?”

Selena is struggling not to laugh as they pass the person in charge of the registration. She dons a similar shade as with a black leather jacket that crops just a few inches above her belly button. Often times, she goes undercover as well considering the demands of her job as a journalist.

But never to the point of actually putting on costumes to convince people.

“And hey, are you saying I don't put enough money on the logistics department?”

The situation, though, actually needs her to compromise. Considering her job as a journalist and how she is one of the most searched names due to her altercation with the League's big dogs, the people in this illegal drift show will probably be wary if they learned of her presence. That is why she needs to do most of the job.

“We already got leads. We just need to confirm them. This won't take a while, I believe.”

close tab

played by

siege

the public eye
he/him
March 14th
jubilife, sinnoh
heterosexual
journalist
cadet
awards
25 posts
Jak Preach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jak
Jak Preach
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2021 12:04:53 GMT
Jak Preach Avatar

PARTY

"Whaaat? Not at all. I say it's a wonderful car." He frantically waved his hands before him, fervently denying what he had been accused of. "I took the most affordable rentable knowing well that we'd pay the full price if it gets, well, wrecked." A weary smiled formed on his face, as if to say sorry. He knew for a fact that things were different with underground racing; a no holds barred race where anythign could happen; even pokemon intervention.

"Ah, well, let's get in. I'll take the wheel just as planned." Jak beckoned Selena to come in with an inward wave. "It sure won't take a while. We'll nab this, quick and easy!" He paused as though he was in wait for something to happen. He examined the car's interior. It was far too different from the usual van he drove to go chase news; everything seemed all too modern.

"Why'd I have to get an electric car?" He asked. "Isn't gas powered a tad bit faster?"

"Everyone start your engines!" The announcer said "We'll start in 10! 9!.." The crowd counted in unison with the announcer as Jak scurried to start the car.

[ OOC ] + mission

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 2:15:32 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
“I'm kidding, Mr. Preach!” She huffs a chuckle as she ascends the vehicle. “Don't sweat the small stuff. I say you did a good job finding an electric vehicle.”

When the question about the choice of mobile is brought up, she fiddles her pocket and lowers her hand to reveal a rotom who has been oriented earlier for the job. The electric ghost-type then scampter its way into the vehicle's engine, integrating its systems into the technology as the vehicle slowly morphs to imitate the rotom's looks.

“I figure my rotom here can focus on the race as we put our attention on identifying the DK.”

DK stands for Drift King, as he are called by the people from the underground.

“People said he had a particular style of racing that is truly destructive and dangerous. We need to see what is going on. But of course you have to play your part of actually driving the car, or else people will get suspish.”

close tab

played by

siege

the public eye
he/him
March 14th
jubilife, sinnoh
heterosexual
journalist
cadet
awards
25 posts
Jak Preach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jak
Jak Preach
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 9:48:24 GMT
Jak Preach Avatar

PARTY

"5! 4!..." The rotom possessed the car, not too obvious for onlookers as the car already had an orange colored paint job to begin with. "3! 2!..." Jak held the wheel, bracing for whatever newfound speed the car now had. "1! Go!..." The cars revved up their engines.

Every car went wild, bleching smoke and kicking dirt as they raced through the tracks; well, all but one. "Uhm." A nervous smile formed on Jak's face. "Why are we going sub 40?" Jak asked, peering behind towards the back seat as if the answer was there.

"Kzzzt- Safery is of top most priority!" The car's radio speakers blurted. It was evident that it was, in fact, the rotom speaking. "Remember to keep your seatbelts fastened!"

"Rotom no." Jak groaned, sounding defeated. "We're racing!"

"Sorry! Street racing is strictly prohibited! Fines for infraction are as follows! Illegal racing: 10,000 pd, first offense. Overspeeding: 5,000 pd, first offense. Reckless driving: 7,000 pd and community serv-"

"Okay okay!" The rotom's list of fines were then shortly interrupted by Jak. "Can I go for manual assisted drive?" He asked.

"Sure!" The rotom replied as the dashboard lit up to a display akin to those of arcade racing games, showing a crude map of their route. "Assisted drive, preference changed!" The car swirved for a moment as the automated driving returned to a more manual method, Jak did his best to regain control, and so he did.

Hoping to catch up, Jak stepped on the accelerator as hard as possible. The engines benefited a lot from the rotom, causing the car to move almost twice as fast as it regularly would've, reaching 260kmph from the measly 40kmph the rotom initially drove with.

"Warning! Warning! Overspeeding by: 220kmph"

[ OOC ] + mission

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2021 14:09:32 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Selena can only express her utter disappointment with a face palm as the rotom she brings for the occasion is clearly not equipped with the concept of race driving.

“I really thought we'd win this thing.” She laughs. “Could have been our reimbursement.”

As shifts the car's engine into overdrive, they will notice that most of the racers has already made their first lap and it is only now that they are catching up. Vehicles after vehicles slide through their side, bumping out the black sheep of the competition.

“It doesn't matter now if we lose as long as we figure out who's our guy. And I can't believe this is a difficult job way above our paygrade.”

Selena could have been joking about the last part, but the earlier one—if all of the racers are too brash and too aggressive, how would they know who's the real deal?

close tab

played by

siege

the public eye
he/him
March 14th
jubilife, sinnoh
heterosexual
journalist
cadet
awards
25 posts
Jak Preach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jak
Jak Preach
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2021 12:51:58 GMT
Jak Preach Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege-light"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"No sweat!" He exclaimed as he shifted gears. They came whizzing through much to the rotom's displeasure. It only took them little time to catch up, surprisingly, as the other racers were finally in view once again. "Here they are! We caught up!" Jak pointed as they finally came close to those upfront.

[break][break]

"Looks like Lambo Rarri's closing in- Oh, wait. Fuck me in the ass! Here come's Bad Bax's signature style!" The commentator wailed.

[break][break]

"Bad Bax?" Jak echoed. Sure enough, one of the racers made their move. Out came a weezing on top of the lead racer's car roof which then promptly exhaled a stream of smog. Multiple cars went out of control, veering away from the smog whilst others were unfortunately caught in the purple smoke. "Is he trying to kill us all?" Jak spat as he pounded his fist against the dashboard out of rage.

[break][break]

"Warning! Toxic smog in 5 meters!" The rotom warned.

[break][break]

Jak plucked a ball off of his belt, calling out Beatz, his exploud. The exploud appeared on top of their car's roof, visibly denting the top as the weight of the exploud sure was more than what the car could hold. Beatz balanced himself as Jak drove, at the same time, Jak made sure to drive smoothly with his pokemon up top. The smog was closing in. "Make way!" The ginger yelled.

[break][break]

The exploud released a focused beam of sound waves, releasing boomburst aimed towards the thick purple haze. The attack parted the smog as Jak hoped it would, granting the two undercover reporters a path. As the smog cleared, the two of them came to witness that only four out of ten racers were left; including them. Jak recalled his exploud sped up once more.

[break][break]

tag:

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]jak PREACH

[attr="class","subtxt"]it gets harder to breathe

feels like the walls are closing in

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege-light] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light] --accent:#D5A53D; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .name b] color:#FABE52; letter-spacing:3px; text-shadow:1px; text-shadow: -2px -2px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -2px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .name] font:50px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600!important; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 10px 'roboto'; color:#000; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:30px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Poppins:600]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2021 15:03:59 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Everything happens in a dash of light but at the detriment of their car's safety.

“Don't—” Selena would have suggested a recourse but it seems her company knows what he is doing. It is wise not to swerve the car's path if not for the misfortune of all the other racers caught in the grand pileup. Those who remain in their path, however, are forced to inhale the smog and stops midway of their drive. Could he be?

She watches release his exploud up in the roof where her rotom huffs an audible discomfort. After all, its body is still possessed in the car and any dents on its surface affects the ghost-type. Its boomburst passes through the thick veil of poison on their path, giving them a way towards Bad Bax.

“We don't have many leads but Bad Bax is now an obvious choice, isn't he?”

The mobile continues to chase their target, but it is obvious the distraction has put a considerable distance from him to the other competitors.

“I have an idea.”