1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Volleyball Practice [Gym Battle]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 2:26:57 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Hey Michi! How have you been? There's a ton of parking here so you shouldn't have a problem finding a spot close to the gym. The volleyball team has the place booked until midday, but after that we're free to start. The place doesn't close until 10:30 so plenty of time. Just give me a call when you're outside, yeah? 

Devin did up some details on your Pokemon moves and whatnot, so I'll send that through too. See ya soon!

Message sent from Zac's Phone,

GPS Location - 32°56'35.52" N 131°6'57.6" E

(1)Attachment - Devin's Letter

Hi ,
Thank you for your challenge of the new Lavaridge gym. Your traditional gym challenge for the Biome Badge has been accepted. I've reviewed your Pokemon's movesets and abilities.
Suggested tags have been included, but feel free to deviate as appropriate. 

MACHAMP, Male
ability: guts
when hit with status, gains +10 buff. free dodge vs burn 

dual chop  
scary face
strength
 bulk up
seismic toss
dynamic punch

SKITTY, Female
ability: normalize
activate to give the next non-normal damaging moves a +20 buff.

attract
 feint attack
 wake up slap
sing
 assist
 dream eater

Zac's Pokemon and moveset are included below. Should you have any questions, please let us know.
HERACROSS, Male
ability: moxie
gains +10 buff when it knocks out an opponent 

fury attack
 pin missile
 mega horn
 close combat
 brick break
aerial ace

DODUO, Male
ability: run away
switching out does not cost an action

rest
 snore
 double hit
 drill peck
 jump kick
 agility

Please let us know if you have any questions, or are unable to locate Zac in the parking lot. Happy battling!
-Devin

Zac sat and watched the team practice their sets and spikes. It was strange being inside a gym. Not because this was the first 'gym' battle at the new location, but because he would much prefer to be out in the field. This was Michi though, and he would do anything to make her feel at home. There's no way she'll have a good time out in some marsh somewhere, Zac thought to himself. And I'm glad it's her here first. Just a nice, friendly battle to break in the place. 

BIOME BADGE: ROLLING MECHANICS

You have 2 ACTIONS per post: Damage, Status, Buff, Dodge, Heal, and Switch Out.

You do not need to roll to Dodge, Buff, or Switch Out.

When a Pokémon has been successfully Damaged by an attack 3 TIMES, they will be UNABLE TO CONTINUE. Switching a Pokemon out does not reset this total.

Dodge includes using defense or evasion moves to weaken/endure an attack, or otherwise rendering it ineffective.

Buff and Status will give you +10 to your next consecutive roll or your opponent -10 to rolls on their next turn.

If you attempt a Damage or Status attack, PLEASE ROLL.
*You cannot make two Damage attacks on your first turn.

1-9: Your attack can be dodged as a free action. Your opponent can still use both their full actions afterwards.
10-49: Your attack can be dodged as a single action. Your opponent can still use one action afterwards.
50-89: Your attack can only be dodged as a full-round action (using both actions). Otherwise, it hits.
90-100: Your attack automatically succeeds and cannot be dodged or weakened.

If you attempt to Heal, please roll on this table instead.

1-9: The heal is interrupted or fails.
10-49: You heal 1, but lose one action next turn (or choose to fail)
50-89: You heal 1 successfully.
90-100: You heal 2.

SPECIAL RULES

LAST STAND: When your last Pokemon reaches 2 out of 3 hits, you immediately gain an extra action (for a total of 3 per post.) You cannot use this action to make three Damage attacks. If you Heal, this extra action goes away.

RE-ROLL BONUS: A player can voluntarily choose to take or extend a Status ailment on themselves for one or more turns during RP. A player who does this will gain one re-roll to use any time during the battle (does not stack.)

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2021 15:03:52 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

As Zac sat waiting, the clock struck noon and the coach's whistle blew, finally signaling the end of the volleyball practice. Simultaneously, the upbeat latin music which had been coming from upstairs came to an end, and a group of happily chatting women in aerobics outfits came clomping downstairs, apparently having just finished a workout. 

"Zac! Zac, hello!"

Among them was one Michiko Maeda, who waved merrily from the steps. Light on her feet, she broke from the pack and hurried across the gym towards the red-haired man. "I am sorry for being late! I would have come more early, but free Zumba trial lesson was starting! It is very fun-- I did not know this gym had so many things to do!"

Michi was practically glowing, her cheeks flushed from exertion. "Maybe I will challenge all of the gyms, and do their Zumba lessons! Then I will never need to pay!" She laughed, eyes twinkling.

<Matchaaa...> Matchan came up behind her with a wave at Zac, holding Michi's unreasonably large gym bag. His Skitty, Charmmy Skitty (not to be confused with Hello Skitty, who was a little Galarian girl and not actually a Skitty at all) was riding on his shoulder. <Macha, macha!>

"Ooh yes! Thank you Matchan, I almost forgot!"

Michi hid something behind her back, whispering. "One, two, three..."

There was a pop and a small shower of confetti as she and Matchan each pulled out a party popper. "Do-don~! Congratulations on your promotion! We are very happy for you!" 

She and Matchan applauded, joined after a moment by the remaining members of the volleyball team from afar. The Zumba group joined in as well. "Lavaridge is very lucky to have you as gym leader!" Michi said, looking around and beaming. "Today I will also-- do my best!"

She pumped her fists, which earned another smattering of applause. 

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2021 6:33:45 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"You didn't have to do all this!" Zac said, grinning as he pulled the confetti and streamers out of his hair. "Thanks guys, this really means a lot. I can't think of a better place to set up a gym than in a spot with so many friendly, familiar faces." Zac turned the applause back on the members of the Lavaridge Gym and Fitness Center. 
    The celebration was interupted by an announcement over the PA system. "Victor J Hunky's spin class will start in 10 minutes in Room D," said an excited female voice. Many of the members of Michi's Zumba class bustled off excitedly in the direction of the spin class.
    "Well I guess that means the stands for our battle are going to be pretty sparse, ay?" Zac laughed. 
    The pair headed down to the courts, where the volleyball group were wiping down the boards in preparation for the next class: Zac's. "Thanks girls! Don't worry too much, I'll have to give the place a proper clean and buff after I'm done."
Zac wasn't expecting a lot of damage from the Doduo, Heracross, Skitty and Machamp, but you never knew...
He tossed out a Pokeball, but instead of his pre-determined Pokemon a rock appeared. It landed on the freshly polished court with a heavy, scratching noise and Heather, the Captain of the Lavaridge Lopunnys, glared at him. "Nice one Mr Ramsay. We just cleaned that, you know."
"Hey!" he scolded her. "I told you I'm cleaning up after! This is a community space Heather, and as long as I leave it the way I found it there's no rule against a few scratches."
    The blonde girl rolled her eyes and huffed, picking up her sports bag and leaving with the rest of the team. 
    "If you've got a problem, take it up with Mr. Weatherby!" Zac called after them. He turned back to Michi, shaking his head. "They think they own the place just because they got to regionals."
    Zac's rock shuddered and cracked open, revealing a deep purple core that glowed with interstellar light. He walked over to the little Minior and attached a camera to the space rock. "Okay buddy, try and get some good shots, yeah?" Zac said, as he tossed the ball high into the air. It flew upwards, reached the apogee of its arc, and hung in the air over center court, weightless and slowly spinning. 
    With the camera in place, the match could begin. Zac reached for his first Pokemon and sent out Big Habanero. The Doduo appeared with a flash and a squark, dual heads gently bonking as they looking around the gym. The bird took a few experimental steps on the boards before it sprinted off across the floor. It reached the edge and turned sharply, big feet squeaking. 
"So Michi," Zac asked, walking into position at one end of the court. "Who are you starting with today?"

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 6:00:00 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
THE GYM BATTLE BEGINS.
MICHIKO SENds OUT SKITTY
"Ooh! It is very nice," Michi said, admiring the rising Minior bathing the Lavaridge Gym in a soft wash of violet light. "It is like a social media filter!" She patted down her frizzy hair self-consciously, realizing she'd just finished a workout and wasn't exactly looking her best for the camera. She felt silly. Why hadn't she thought about that earlier? 

Well, what was done was done, and the older woman had promised to try her best. She'd mostly come to support Zac as the new gym leader, but she didn't want to embarrass herself on his webpage! Her husband would be so disappointed. I am not confident in my battling skills, but... Today, Michi was determined to have fun and be cool!

"I am starting with Skitty!" Michi said brightly, "She is very strong, so Matchan likes her! But I do not like Skitty so much..."

On this positive note, Charmmy was dumped onto the gym floor.

Despite this less-than-graceful entrance, she managed to land safely on her paws, testing her footing experimentally. Lacking the Doduo's tough, sturdy claws, she could already tell she would have a harder time running without slipping on the freshly-waxed wood.

But Charmmy hated losing. And she was strong. She'd defeated Matchan before they'd even met, and she'd done it without lifting a claw.

"Zac, I'm ready! Please treat me kindly, I am in your hands!" the feline heard Michi say from her position beneath the basketball hoop. The woman took a deep breath, then (bizarrely) struck a pose. "OK~! CharmmySkitty, use the power of: Sweet Love ☆ Love ATTACK!" 

No questions asked, the Skitty obeyed.

<Mwaah!> Charmmy yawned, showing off a mouth that was as pink as her fur. <Prrp prrp?> She scampered forward, taking advantage of the wooden surface to make her clumsiness even more endearing. She flicked her ears curiously at the Doduo, then turned around and waved her tasseled tail enticingly to catch the two-headed bird's attention. Widening her eyes as far as possible (not far) she winked. 

A big heart burst from the adorable kitten like a dust cloud released from an enormous impact, blowing towards Big Habanero in an invisible wind. And that wasn't all-- one might swear music was humming through the air. Could that be Victor J Hunky's dance class upstairs, or was someone actually singing? 

<Sleep, fluffy birdie-- sleep, don't you cry--
When this Charmmy wakes you, you'll be in a pie--> 

w29AHm_q
Status attack: Attract
status attack: Sing

·
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2021 3:06:04 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Big Habanero loved Charmmy. Well, at least one of his heads did. Mario, the sleepy left head, was enamored by the cute, pink, prancing kitty. River, the smart head, squarked in protest as he was dragged forward, right into the oncoming heart cloud.
    The 'Sweet Love ☆ Love ATTACK!' burst in a shower of musky, perfumed sparkle, and Mario's eyelids slid lower. He gazed at Charmmy adoringly and trudged happily towards her, pulling his unwilling brother. Then the song, oh what a beautiful song. Mario's future wife had such a gorgeous voice! With a honking sigh he succumbed to the tune and fell into a blissful sleep. He dreamed of a sharp-fanged temptress. 
    In the waking world, River was furious. His brother had just fallen asleep in battle. A gym battle. Again. The single advantage to having such a narcoleptic sibling was that it meant River could take direct control. There was no point in retreating now. They had already been hit by every attack thanks to Mario. So River went on the attack.
    He launched himself at the little kitty with powerful, single-minded steps. He tensed and sprung, powerful legs launching him higher into the air than Heather could ever dream of. He descended on Charmmy from above, a wingless falcon with a beak of stomping, thick-toed feet.

Dj46eFhw -20
Big Habanero (River) used Jump Kick (
Damage)

Big Habanero (River) used Jump Kick (
Damage)

Big Habanero was hit by Attract (Status)
Big Habanero was hit by Sing (Status)
Big Habanero used Jump Kick (Damage)
Big Habanero used Jump Kick (
Damage)
0/3 hits

·
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2021 12:18:22 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
SKITTY DODGED JUMP KICK!
SKITTY DODGED JUMP KICK (2)!
The scene seemed obvious from Michi's perspective, though shockingly violent. She covered her mouth as the larger bird charged and lashed out with wedge-shaped feet that seemed cute and pattery from far away, but more like bone-breaking talons up close.

"Poor Charmmy..." she murmured behind her hand, watching the little cat as it scurried forwards. Its ears laid back flat as it rushed the Doduo and skidded, sliding right underneath its plump brown body. Michi caught  herself-- what was she doing, just watching the attacks happen? She had a role to play in this battle too.

"Fight, fight, Charmmy! Fight, fight, Charmmy!"

...Cheering Charmmy on, of course! Even if she did not like Skitty so much, Michi was determined to support her!

But the actual scene wasn't obvious. There was a second fight going on, even as claws came dangerously close to catching the kitten Pokemon and stomping her flat. It wasn't a match of wills, or strategy, or anything like that. It was much more literal. 

As Charmmy fought River in real life, she fought Mario in the dream.

She took the shape of a pink and cream Doduo, one head as tassled as her tail, the other fanged and narrow-eyed. Though in real life the song had ended, here, in the dream, the melody went on. Where one head left off, the other continued, wrapping and winding seamlessly into one another. 
<Sleep, little birdy, don't say a word-- If you stay still, little boy, nothing will hurt...> Charmmy-Doduo's ribbonlike necks snaked around Mario like two sides of an infinity sign, stretching endlessly long. 

The gym floor squeaked as Charmmy leapt. She pretended to pounce at the creature's ankles if aiming an attack, then scurrying to the side at the last moment. There was no purpose to her movements except to buy time, to keep the waking head moving and distracted. 

The fastest way to a victory was not to fight at all. If she could stay out of its reach, she'd sap all its resources without lifting a paw. 

zT_bv2nS
DAMAGE attack: DREAM EATER
0/3

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2021 5:26:43 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

There are three sides to every battle: The Physical, the Mental, and the Subconscious: A.K.A The Dream Realm. 
    Usually the DR didn't factor into battles, but if Big Habanero was to conquer his most seductive opponent yet he would have to wage war on all 3 fronts. It was either that or retreat, and everyone knew Doduo's couldn't walk backwards.
    River lashed out, but Charmmy dodged hit attack, skittering away across the polished floor. The cat was fast, but he could be faster. Fast enough to close the gap and land a hit on the slippery little snore sucker.
    River kicked hard off the floor board, his talons slicing through the polish to find traction in the wood beneath. He was built for speed, for hunting, for fast, snapping movement. For chasing down and pecking. And nothing threw an opponent off their rhythm faster than getting pecked.
    Meanwhile, inside the depths of their shared psyche, Mario did battle with the twisted nightmare form of Charmmy Skitty. The cat had taken Doduo form, and its long, fleshy necks curled around Mario, bending and wrapping like a pair of taffy anacondas. He honked in despair as the necks wound tight, sticking to his fur. Honk! Honk! 
    Until a voice shuddered through this dream realm. A voice from the outside. You can do it buddies! You're doing great! The warm, inspiring tones of Zac Ramsay penetrated the dream fog, and Mario twisted, struggling to get free. He couldn't let Zac down! But the weight of the pink, sticky necks was too much! It weighed him down, sapping at his strength.
    If you don't bite that stupid cat then I'm eating all of our dinner, thought River, and Mario's eyes went wide. All of dinner? But it was taco Tuesday! River wouldn't! He couldn't! Mario thought about it for half a second, and even in his occluded, mind-slowed state he knew that River could and would take all of their tacos. He needed to get free. 
    Honk! Mario said, the noise shuddered through his body and into the twisted necks. HONK! The flesh of the necks shuddered and warped, and the form of the dream Skitty shook. HOOOOOONK!!!!! Mario pulled at the dream, resting control of it from Charmmy's too-clean paws, and back in reality his mouth opened wide to blast the cat with an ear-splitting cacophony of pure, annoying, honk!

5oYsz8fv + 10
Doduo used Snore (
Damage)

Big Habanero was hit by Dream Eater (1/3)
Big Habanero (River) used Agility (Buff)
Big Habanero (Mario) used Snore (Damage)

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 15:47:33 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
SKITTY WAS HIT BY SNORE!
She went flying!

The HONK seemed infinite. It packed the concussive power of a herd of Tauros, and it ragdolled Charmmy away from the Doduo faster than flicking away an ant. Stunned, the cat sailed up and away into the air, disappearing momentarily from sight.

"Ooh! It is noisy!" Michi said, unplugging her ears. "I was surprised!" She laughed, putting one hand over her heart. Above, the shape of the pink kitten made a perfect basket through the basketball hoop.

Ignoring Charmmy, Michi smiled at Zac, trying to provide reassurance to cover up the embarrassing snore from his Doduo. "Don't worry. It is like my husband! But he has sleep apnea, so I understand a little bit!" Perhaps Doduo also had sleep apnea?

Digging her claws into the net, Charmmy hung there in the basketball hoop with two legs stuffed through the holes and her other legs dangling down uselessly. She panted, rattled by the sudden and unexpected retaliation. The HONK still rang in her ears.

So much for staying out of its reach.

There was no way someone could make that sound while awake, though. Charmmy was certain. And it had still been asleep-- she'd been siphoning its dreams when it attacked. She just had to wake it up.

First thing's first. I have to get out of this net, she thought, wiggling and just becoming more ensnared. Could I get an assist, someone? 

Her pathetic mewing carried down from her predicament, though not as loud as Doduo. Craning his head up to see her properly, Matchan flexed all his muscles, letting out a powerful shout of encouragement. He raised one fist into the air just as the Skitty's paw glowed white.

ASSIST summoned Matchan's BULK UP. Charmmy's lithe muscles flexed all at once, rippling and doubling in size beneath her soft pelt. If she'd been a wrestler, she would have gone up several weight classes. The net burst around her and fell to the ground like a ruined spiderweb as the massive, now-Purugly-sized Skitty burst free from her prison.

Charmmy herself landed with a dull boom that echoed ominously through the gymnasium. "Nyaaa!" she roared, tensing powerful haunches. Thud. Thud. She took two heavy steps, then leapt into the air with a right-hook WAKE-UP SLAP swipe towards the sleeping Mario.

86orXI7w+10
DAMAGE BUFF: BULK UP (ASSIST)
DAMAGE attack: WAKE-UP SLAP
1/3

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 3:23:11 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar
[attr="class","zac"]

Charmmy's bulky slap connected with Mario, and the sleeping head spun around River's neck like a tetherball, choking his twin brother. "Honk!" he honked, flailing to get free.

Mario's eyes creaked open. He had been having the strangest dream about a terribly pink taffy monster with sharp little teeth. 

He saw Charmmy, now jacked up and looking more like a Purugly than an adorable little kitten. Mario gulped, which was quite a sight to see. His neck convulsed in a spiral, and River bit him. 

The pair untangled their heads. 

They still outnumbered Charmmy two to one, and River was itching for revenge after almost being strangled with his brother. Mario was still sleepy, and a little bit hungry. He started daydreaming about Zac's famous spaghetti. 

"Honk!" River said, and bit Mario, who pulled it together. 

The pair were light on their feet, at home on the court, and they dashed towards the kitten. They didn't need Jordans, they were built for speed, and the bulkier cat just made for an easier target. 

"Honk!" Pincer attack! The heads divided, Mario went left and River went right, coming together in a simultaneous Double Hit Drill Peck!

Lw8tyPen

Big Habanero was hit by Wake-Up Slap (Damage) (2/3 damage)
Big Habanero used Double Hit (Damage)
Big Habanero used Drill Peck (Damage)

[newclass=.zac b] color: #d4654a; [/newclass]
·