he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Two-Stepping Into Fantasy [C]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 21:14:13 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Pom couldn’t contain her laughter; Epitaph’s display was just too good to ignore. And if he was going to make a spectacle out of it, she wasn't going to leave it unmatched.

Her tails swayed back and forth, gathering Swift stars into a pair of clumps, one in each hand. She looked up for a moment, carefully positioning her tails before swiping up. The clumps were released, spreading through the air. It wouldn't be apparent why she did that until they nearly reached their peak; they formed a rough outline of a hand with a distinct expression popping out from the top.

The stars would come back down, but dissolve before hitting the ground. Hideo could hear her throw them, and tensed up for a moment, but it didn't sound like they hit anything. He could only hope those weren't intended to hit anything.

And hopefully, it wasn’t distracting Andy too much.

"I'm turning twelve in October, so you got over two years on me."  Crazy to think the difference was that small. "Don't think I'll get a growth spurt that big in two years. Not unless I wish for it and get lucky." Not that he'd use something as precious as a wish on something so minor.

When Andy suggested he consider a music career, Hideo’s bright smile faded into a small frown.

"My mom and dad have tried pushing me into that kind of thing." Even now, they were trying to push him away from what he wanted. "They've been pushing me into a whole lot of stuff: singing, performing, doing Pokemon contests for a living. They've even talked to me about doing a Ranger apprenticeship, ever since I got invited to one of those Ranger parties."

"Feels like they want me to do anything other than be a Professional Trainer. They haven't even let me try getting a single badge. They just keep coming up with some new excuse for why they won't let me try."

He was gonna have to get badges in secret at this rate. If he could even do that. Maybe he could ask his siblings if they knew how.

You try getting any badges yet, Andy? I think you’d have a good shot at getting ‘em.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2021 13:53:10 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
His steps were starting to become out of rythem with their pokemon having a duel of the birds. With the aipom's display, Andy figured the other boy had to be aware something had to be going on by now, but he didn't say anything. Hideo lamented his height and Andy could understand. Thus far he had been the runt of the family, but it was always explained away with him being the baby as well. Though any commiserating was put to a stop with a bit of a faux pas he had made on Hideo's career choices.
[break][break]
''Sorry.'' The appearance of an apology was somewhat rare for the Blackadder boy. ''I totally get you on your family wanting you to be a whole ass different person. There's nothing stopping you from being a professional trainer, just plenty to discourage you. Maybe the next time they shoot you down, ask them why they don't believe on you.'' It was becoming apparent that Andy was starting to think little of the elder Kinos. He was surely being too harsh, but that had never stopped him before.
[break][break]
Guess no matter if you're rich or poor, everyone has family bullshit to deal with. Hideo changed the subject, understandably. ''No. I don't see the point. I'm not looking to be some region leader or league bigwig. Outside of that what are they good for? Bragging rights? I can get those after I mop the floor with someone.'' Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Epitaph blowing up into a large cloud shaped suspiciously like... ''Damn it! If you two fucks don't stop messing around, you can wait in the house and I'll get Regi to keep an eye on things.''

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

--

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 23:12:50 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo was glad that Andy understood, his smile returning as he nodded along. He was ready to voice his joy - until the last part.

Oh boy, did that drop Hideo's smile faster than an Aggron in the ocean.

It took him a moment to speak, his mood spoiled further. "Oh, I know why they won't let me go. Even if they don't want to say it." It was always a different excuse each time, but he knew what they meant. "They think I'm just some invalid 'cause I can't see. That I'd get myself kidnapped or killed or lost the second I leave Slateport on my own." They didn't even let him go to a Ranger event on his own, asking Doug to babysit him while he was there. Without telling Hideo first.

"It's taurosshit." He was usually careful with his language when talking to anyone other than his siblings - but this was Andy he was speaking to. What would one swear be among a pile of them? "I've proven over and over I'm a great trainer, and I can take care of myself. You and Doug and everyone that's watched me knows that by now. They've seen it too, but they don't accept it."

He was mildly annoyed that Andy saw badges as unimportant - but before he could object, Andy was shouting at the two Pokemon watching them. By his wording, they were both acting up. Hideo turned his head a little. "What're you doing, Pom? Don't cause any troubl-"

Between struggling to understand Andy's rhythm and his own distraction, Hideo wasn't doing well with his own footing. His foot hit something, and the boy lost his balance, with only a sharp inhale warning anyone of what was about to happen.

As much fun as Pom was having, she was still watching over her trainer; the moment she saw him start to fall, she let the mass of Swift stars she collected drop to the ground as she rushed ahead, ready to catch him (if nobody else saved him first).

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 12:09:02 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Given his possession of vision, the cloud that began to darken Hideo's features was as apparent as a lightning bolt. It seemed as if he had struck a nerve and released the a fount of bitterness. The Blackadder boy had a knack for it he had found. Seeing his young friend spew such things caught him off guard, and his rythem slowed in response, perhaps contributing to the coming kerfuffle. Still, he identified somewhat with the boy's frustrations.
[break][break]
Long had he himself had an issue with authority.
[break][break]
Before any commiserating however, Andy was more concerned with preventing his student from falling on his ass. Letting one of his arms fall, he wrapped it around Hideo's waist to quickly halt his descent towards the stones of the patio. If it wasn't enough there was always Pom, and if that fell short there was the ghostly grasp of Epitaph's poltergeist for an additional layer of protection.
[break][break]
''Are you alright?'' The concern was genuine, although besides a pulled muscle or sprain he doubted much harm could have come from the ordeal. ''Let's take a breather.'' With a nod towards Epitaph, the music halted and Andy led his dance partner over to a step to have a seat. ''I get what you were saying earlier. If you don't let someone learn how to live alone, how the fuck are they going to make it when they actually have to? You've probably already learned a ton as it is.'' He flopped down himself.
[break][break]
''Seems like your folks caring about you is outrunning their observation of fucking reality. I ain't the expert on how to get along with parents. Hell, my sorry ass parents ran off. As much as I like total freedom, it's not all it's cracked up to be sometimes. Remember, you could be like me, or Doug and not really have anyone.'' There was something of an instance of clarity here that caused a sense of loss, but he couldn't put his finger on it, nor did he wish to.
[break][break]
''I don't mean to meddle or whatever the fuck, but short of telling them to fuck off, I don't know what you could do.''

--

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 17:38:23 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Fortunately, there were a number of hands ready to stop his fall: Andy's had already been on him when he tripped, so that alone would've been enough. He also felt Pom's hand-tails on his back, propping him up and helping him reorient himself. But there was also another large hand breaking his fall, one he didn't immediately recognize; was it Epitaph's hand? He thought Gengar had smaller hands than that.

Whatever it was, Hideo was unharmed, though his cheeks were a little red. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," he curtly stated. With a mutter, he added, "Not so fragile that a near-fall will kill me.

He was ready to object to taking a break, but Epitaph already turned the music off, and Andy was guiding him somewhere. But Hideo didn't object or resist; he wasn't in the mood to dance at that moment.

Hideo took a seat on the steps next to Andy, his Ambipom sitting on his other side. He silently listened as Andy spoke, quietly noting the exact circumstances for why his teacher didn't have his parents around anymore.

He couldn't decide if it was better or worse than outright losing his parents.

Hideo leaned forward, his hands supporting his head. "It's just...every time I think I'm getting close to convincing them, they just keep moving the goalposts. I keep doing my best, and I keep doing better...but then they always got a new reason for why they won't let me do it. And if I start getting too rough, they just ground me."

It was just so frustrating to deal with. "I know how to make a camp and cook and find my way to civilization and everything. But until they let me go, I'm stuck home or just doing little trips with other people. I don't wanna just leave them and never come back...but doing this dancing stuff with you is one of the few times they’ve let me out of Slateport on my own.  "

He could feel tears start to well up in the corners of his eyes. Crap - he didn’t want to start crying in front of Andy.

Quick, add levity. "At least I can do what I want when I'm 18. But I do not want to wait that long."

He was pretty sure his parents would find a way to make him stay even then.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 0:41:10 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

There was nothing wrong with a lust for freedom. Blackadder got that better than he did anything else the other boy said. Independence was a hell of a responsibility, which is typically why it didn't come in totality until one was considered an 'adult.' To be allowed only the smallest of tastes while any requirement was met in full really had to feel like spinning tires in the mud.
[break][break]
The frustration could easily be heard building in Hideo's voice until the wave finally broke.
[break][break]
''Hey.'' Andy could easily see the ocean of emotion seeping through the chinks in the armor. Perhaps it was presumptuous of him, but he stretched his arms out somewhat instinctually to pull the other boy into a side hug. Sometimes empathy was more rebellious than a middle finger. Watching from afar, Epitaph's gengrin pressed into a thin line. Crying human children had never been his specialty.
[break][break]
''Don't let it get to you, mate. I know seven years is a long ass time.'' While he didn't know a lot of things he said he did, he wasn't lying there. Seven years. He would be twenty, tall, and doubtless handsome. Right...? ''As much as is it fucking guts me to suggest, maybe you could get into the League proper at sixteen like Doug. I bet he could even pull some strings and promise your parents he'd look after you.''

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 21:52:36 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
He tried.

He really tried to hold it in.

But dammit, thinking about how trapped he felt was not doing any favors.

Then Andy reached over and hugged him. Hideo was caught off guard; he didn’t think Andy would be the hugging type. And as much as it embarrassed him to be hugged like this...Hideo didn’t resist, leaning into Andy a little. It always made him feel better, even if it wasn’t from a family member or one of his Pokemon.

The tears that were forming in his eyes dripped down. Hideo tried to speak, but all he could get out were small hiccups. He brushed his face with his sleeve, trying to soak up any tears and snot so they wouldn’t get anywhere.

His Ambipom noticed his distress, losing her grin. She walked over, patting her trainer on the back with her arms.

Quietly, Hideo listened to Andy...tell him to wait.

He didn’t want to wait. Even 4 and a half years was too far away - if the League would even let someone like him join in that capacity. And he didn’t really want to; military stuff wasn’t really what he wanted to get involved in. That stuff was restricting in its own ways too, from what he heard.

There was an option he still had. A lot of people were pushing him away from it, but he just had to be smart about it. He was good enough at training his Pokemon to help him with a lot of stuff. He just had to prepare first.

He sniffled, brushing his face once more with his sleeve. “I…*hic* I get it.” He’d have to take it into his own hands. “I g-got someone offer to help me get into the Rangers if I w-want. That’s something I can do.” Not a total lie - he did have that option, though he was going to let it float for now. After he got every badge.

Think my parents w-would like that better than just the League.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 13:36:39 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

His own face grew stiff. He thought that his words would assauge his friend, but it seemed like it opened the flood gates. Alas, he hadn't told the other boy what he wanted to hear. That was the way of things. One had to often accept defeat more than they would like to admit. Where he had money and autonomy beyond what Hideo could aspire, if he lacked these things he would likely be right in the same spot. His time in private schools in Galar revealed plenty of children in gilded cages.
[break][break]
''If you have a road that's open, a path of least resistance, take it,'' he suggested, tightening his hug a little in an attempt to display a little support. ''Then, once you're legally an adult, Arceus help you, you can move with more freedom to wherever you want.'' Of course he couldn't help but find fault with Hideo's parents for foisting this desire for learned helplessness upon him. It definitely got the bitter sludge flowing through his vains.
[break][break]
''And when your folks become old and infirm, put them in a home. Let them taste the restraint they make you drink of.'' A dark suggestion, but one Andy made with no shame. ''Ribombee!'' Came a cry from the direction of the estate. Looking over both their shoulders, Reginald was zooming down the length of the steps with a long feather duster in hand. The bee stopped short of the two, and for a moment the young Blackadder wondered if something had happened.
[break][break]
That is, until the duster was raised overhead to strike Andy across his.
[break][break]
''Ribombee! Ribom! Ribombee!'' Loosing his friend to cradle the blunt force trauma and get up to step away from the belligerent bug. ''Bloody fucking hell! What the fuck Regi!?'' It thrust the duster at Hideo's teary face before brandishing it at Andy again. ''Ribombee!'' Epitaph cackled in the background as the boy looked from his guest to his assailant. ''I didn't do anything to make him sad, you fucking busybody!'' A likely story.
[break][break]
Reginald raised the duster again.

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 23:18:18 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
What Andy said got Hideo to stop sobbing for a moment. He assumed Andy said it regarding the Ranger deal, but to Hideo, the path of least resistance was already in his mind. "Y-yeah. I guess I could do that." It wasn't like he planned to go to a whole other region, and he would come back when he was done.

Though he gave pause with Andy's other suggestion. "...that's harsh." Doing that to his parents would just feel wrong; frustrated as he was, he still loved them. He probably wouldn't be the one taking care of them anyways - that'd fall into his siblings' laps when the time came.

But he didn't have much time to ruminate on it, as a very unhappy-sounding Ribombee came by. Followed by a thwacking sound over where Andy was.

While Hideo didn't know exactly what the Ribombee was hitting Andy with, it didn't sound hard. And the thought of such a tiny Pokemon just going at it only brought to his imagination his own 4-inch Ribombee doing the same. And with Andy's overreaction...

It started with a small snort. A little quiet with the sadness-made snot blocking his nose, but as Hideo wiped it away with his sleeve, it evolved into chuckling. Didn't take long for it to turn into full-blown laughter.

Maybe a bit of it had to do with how absurd it was. Or maybe it was Hideo wanting to stop wallowing and pushing himself to stop thinking about his situation. For the time being, it dispelled his sour mood.

His face was wiped until dried, though it was still red from the crying - and the laughter.

"It's alright, Mr. Regi!" Hideo said, the uneasiness mostly gone from his voice. Was he supposed to refer to a butler with "Mr"? A Pokemon butler, no less? He didn't know, but it didn't hurt to be polite. "It's not his fault. He's just trying to help me feel better."

Hopefully that would soothe the savage bee's wrath.

It took Hideo a second to stand back up - though he had Pom helping him with that. "Sorry for, uh, laying that all on you like that. This is supposed to be dance practice, not a therapy session."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 21:33:11 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

The ribombee halted his assault at the boy's sniffling utterance. While his ultimate responsibility was to keep his trainer, her guests, and to this extent his guests, happy, Reginald wasn't about to allow the nephew to harass visitors to the state to the point of tears. Andy was rotten enough to deal with already. The oversized duster was allowed to hang limp in both of his teeny hands.
[break][break]
''Ribom. Ribombee. Ribom.'' Letting one hand loose, the bee butler sprinkled Andy with a little pollen puff to soothe any inflicted pain. ''Ribom!'' Taking the cleaning utensil into his full meager grasp again, he thrust the duster at the older boy to promise the same should he actually cause any such harm.
[break][break]
With that he turned and buzzed off.
[break][break]
''Jackass,'' he mumbled, still rustling his own hair despite no harm being done, or rather undone. Hideo felt at fault and he didn't need to. ''I don't mind at all, mate. Any time you want to lay something on me, I am all ears.'' There some weird warmth that pulsed within him that felt great, but also partly disgusted him. ''No one's ever really talked to me about anything.''
[break][break]
And wasn't such trust a vulnerability in the end?
[break][break]
''Arceus' asscrack,'' he huffed before stretching. ''You feel up to keep going or are you in a tizzy? We can get Regi to make us a snack or something if you'd like to re-energize.'' While he likely wouldn't admit it, even to himself deep down, the suggestion was mostly an impetus to go and demand the ribombee do something for him after their little spat.

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 23:14:25 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo couldn’t resist letting out a giggle as the Ribombee made his exit. At least it sounded like it was only hitting Andy with the feathery end, so it couldn't have hurt that bad.

With that "attack" dealt with, Hideo could settle down. He smiled as Andy gave him permission to speak his troubles if he needed to. “...Thanks for listening, Andy. Guess I’m kinda...glad you’re the person I got to let it out to? Not a lot of people I can talk about that stuff with.” Not without it getting back to his parents one way or another. His sisters and Doug were probably the only other people he’d be willing to open up that much to.

"If I got stuff like that on my mind, I'll talk to you about it. I'll try to be a bit more careful when I do it though." Cathartic as it was, he didn't want to make a habit out of interrupting dance practice with his problems. Or if they were in the middle of a job or a battle.

So once Andy offered him a couple options, he knew what he wanted to go with. "We can get back to-"

Before he could finish saying his choice, he felt Pom’s ear press against his belly. She lifted it off a moment later, only to playfully jab at his belly. “...alright, fine. I guess I’m a bit hungry. We can have a snack.

Which wasn’t totally wrong; though he wanted to get back to the lesson, he was feeling a bit peckish.

Pom just didn’t want her trainer to pass up free food.

Because that meant free food for her too.

I’m not a really picky eater, so I’m down for anything.” He did have his preferences, but he had to know what kind of fancy snacks Andy got to eat here.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 22:57:35 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''Excellent!'' Revenge would be had in the form of delicious eats. Offering his hand to Hideo, he stood there a minute before the reminded himself that the other boy couldn't see it. An amused grin on Epitaph's face drew his attention. ''Thanks for keeping me safe you jizz cloud.'' The pokemon frowned. ''Gengar...'' Sometimes the ghost pokemon was too concerned with having fun.
[break][break]
''Come on then, asshole. I know you're always down to eat anything.'' Hopefully Hideo wouldn't think that usherance was meant for him. Ascending the steps to the steps to the house proper he paused for a moment to ensure his guest was traversing the brickwork and steps with little trouble.
[break][break]
''Reginald! Reginald!'' he called as he held the door ajar for his dance partner. It didn't take long for the little ribombee to reappear, feather duster thankfully absent from his hand. ''Ribom? Andy's nose was immediately held high. ''Our guest is a tad famished. How about preparing some...'' An index finger was momentarily pressed to his chin. ''Chocolate tart. A cold treat will be prepared more quickly than a hot one.''
[break][break]
''Ribombee.'' The little pokemon didn't look like it felt any sort of way about it before he turned and zoomed off. Andy turned to Hideo. ''Have you ever had chocolate tart before?'' If he were a betting boy, he would wager not, but then Hideo was always full of surprises. ''It shouldn't take long for him to have it done.''

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 18:24:00 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo yet again snickered, this time to what Andy called Epitaph. There couldn’t be a starker difference to how the two talked to their Pokemon. Still, it was amusing, and it seemed to work for Andy and his team.

Ascending the steps was a little rough, but it helped that he’d already walked down them once before. Though even with the knowledge of how many steps it took, he took his time going up. Pom was helping him the entire way, a tail-hand on his back while holding the boy’s hand with the other.

He was able to get all the way up without issue, at least.

He wasn’t too hungry. But he could tell that Andy sounded pretty energetic about ordering Reginald around. Wouldn’t surprise him if he was miffed with that faux-assault.  And Hideo didn't dare raise an objection with an offer that nice.

Chocolate? Who hadn’t had some? Tarts? He’d tried a few.

A chocolate tart? “Nope! Never had one before.” Most of the ones he’d tried were either fruit or nuts. This was the first chocolate one he’d be trying. “But I’m all for it!

Pom gave a thumbs-up with a tail-hand; she, too, was all for chocolate tarts.

Does your Ribombee there make all your food for you?” Hideo asked. “Pretty cool he can do all that stuff. Mine just likes sitting in my hair all day and lazing around.  He helps out at a garden I got set up, but it's not like he does too much there either.” In retrospect, he couldn’t think of any of his Pokemon skilled enough to make pastries for him. Even his psychic-types weren't that good.

Then again, he didn’t really know how to train them in that way.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 11:15:52 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Delighted to hear Hideo's assent, it was one of his favorite treats. Chocolate cookies with creme in the middle were broken up into tiny chunks and sunk into an ocean of chocolate pudding, over which was smeared an 'icing' layer of whipped cream. It was a decadent dessert, although Andy wasn't sure where Reginald had picked up the recipe. Perhaps it was left over from the last cook.
[break][break]
Speaking of...
[break][break]
''Aye, he cooks, cleans and takes care of the estate otherwise. Well trained, although I doubt my aunt trained Regi herself.'' Like any good rich person, you paid someone else for that. ''She used to have a cook,'' he explained, thinking back to his childhood. ''But then he got mad after they stopped fu-'' It suddenly occured to him that he was talking to Hideo here. Doug probably hadn't explained the birds and the bees yet.
[break][break]
''Well. She ended up firing him at any rate.'' He glaced at the top of the other boy's head, imagining a lazy ribombee sitting there. ''Don't feel too bad. Most of my pokemon just lay around themselves.'' Epitaph had already found himself a seat at the table and using poltergeist pushed out two chairs for the both of them. Andy shot him a glance but it wasn't a harsh one. ''Others find creative ways to be lazy.''

--

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 15:26:27 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo couldn’t hold back a snort. “The whole mansion? That’s gotta be a lotta work for one little Ribombee!” There couldn’t be a starker difference between their Ribombees. Though it did sound like Reginald was quite experienced with those matters.

As for why all the housework was up to a Ribombee...Hideo knew exactly what Andy meant before he censored himself. Maybe Andy was just trying to be careful around him. It was probably best to make it clear it wasn’t needed. “You don’t have to dance around it with me, Andy,” Hideo said, grinning at his own pun, “I know what sex is.

Hideo took a seat, pulled out courtesy of Epitaph. Pom made sure to push the seat back in once occupied, before grabbing a spare chair and sitting next to her trainer.

Yeah, I guess a lot of Pokemon are like that when they aren’t kept busy. Mine’ll just hang around my backyard, or my house if my parents let them in.” Some weren’t allowed of their size, others because they’d probably tear the place up. “They do stuff when I ask. Usually. Sometimes even if I don’t.

That wide grin from his Ambipom showed no signs of dampening. Of course, Hideo had no way of noticing it, though everything everyone else told him was that Ambipom was more of a smiler than he was.

But one thing Hideo did notice was Andy’s wording from before; Andy himself hadn’t trained the Ribombee. Which made sense; pretty much every Pokemon Hideo knew Andy used, was a Ghost-type. Which raised a whole other question. And it wouldn’t hurt to talk while they waited for their tarts. “So if you don’t mind me asking, you seem to like ghost-types a lot. What got you into collecting’n’training them?  Or do you got a bunch of fairy-types lying around I just don't know about?