Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
You Haunt Me (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 1:37:35 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

It was another cold, late night. Lex stepped out of Ritual and into the damp, salty air. Another mist had settled into the Slateport harbor, thick droplets dancing in the dull light of street lamps. As usual, there was no one out. Only a few brave souls dared the seedy streets of the Lower District, bordering the Outskirts, at these hours. It was always an eerie, short walk to her temporary apartment. Although she had done it a dozen times with no issues, the unease that filled her stomach crept in anyway.

Sometimes, the whiskey helped. She caught in a good mood tonight and the bartender wasn’t stingy. It numbed the plethora of feelings that still haunted her. Although it had been more than a year since she left Johto, there were some things she couldn’t shake. As far as she knew, there was still a price on her head. She doubted the Johto boss would hesitate even though she lived under Rocket’s protection now.

A year of paranoia, fear, and grief took its toll. She was exhausted, but there was nothing she could do but try to keep living.

She continued to shrug the black leather jacket onto her shoulders and moved her long red hair to one side. With one more quick glance at the empty street, she turned to the right, hooking her thumbs in the belt loops of her ripped, black skinny jeans, and walked off into the darkness.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
You Haunt Me (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 4:13:43 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[attr="class","killianbody"]
[attr="class","killianheader"]
[attr="class","killianpost"]

He hated the smell of saltwater. It made his stomach turn, and his nostrils burn. Unfortunately for him, the air around Slateport was thick with the scent. Killian frowned. It almost felt like she'd chosen this place just to spite him. That was assuming he even occupied space in her thoughts anymore.

Killian lingered in the shadowed alleyway adjacent to Ritual's entrance with Loveless on his shoulder. The beige hood of his dark leather jacket tossed over his head. He peered out from behind the cowl, aqua eyes sticking to the bar's front door like glue. According to his sources, Ritual was a place Lex frequented often.

It definitely seemed like her type of place on the outside. Seedy, dark, and damp - the kind of bars they used to visit together in Johto. He smiled, recalling pleasant memories of a time before things had gotten so complected.

The door opened, and Killian felt his heart skip a beat.

There she was in all her glory. It had been a year since Kilian had last seen her. She was still as gorgeous as ever. Killian tailed her with his head down as she walked away from the bar. He made sure to keep a fair amount of distance between them as well. Lex didn't like conflict - she'd run if he didn't play this carefully.

"Go." he whispered into the Espeon's ear. The feline was quick, hopping off Killian's shoulder without a sound. Tiny paws gracefully darted across the pavement. Using the shadows as cover, Loveless maneuvered herself into Lex's path. Purposely brushing against Lex's leg as she passed. Her tail curling slightly around it in a way that would be all too familiar to the redhead.

Now standing in her path - body obscured by the mist, Loveless's eyes began to emit a faint glow.

"Murr." the Espeon purred.

At that moment Killian closed the distance between them. Making sure to position himself in way that he'd hopefully be able to grab her if she bolted.

Killian lowered his hood, "It's been awhile Little Dove." he said with a smile.

NOTES: smooth as butter, cold as ice.

TAG:
[attr="class","killianbottom"]

[googlefont=Merriweather:400][newclass=.killianheader]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/r03tGsN/You-Haunt-Me2.png);width:525px;height:100px;font-size:45px;margin-bottom:10px;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-30px;border-bottom: 2px #8283b5 solid;[/newclass][newclass=.killianheader div]background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #5543b1, #934A98); /* For Chrome and Safari */ background-image: linear-gradient(to right, #5543b1, #934A98); /* Standard syntax; must be last */ -webkit-background-clip: text;background-clip: text;color: transparent;width:500px;padding:5px;[/newclass][newclass=.killianbody]background-color:#333333;border:2px solid #222;border-top:none;border-bottom:none;width:465px;padding:30px;[/newclass][newclass=.killianbody h1]color:#7a7a7a;margin:15px 0px 5px 25px;padding: 0px 20px;width:300px;word-spacing:3px;border-left: solid 1px #8283b5;border-right: solid 1px #8283b5;[/newclass][newclass=.killianbody table b]color:#8283b5;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:14px;font-family:monospace;[/newclass][newclass=.killianbottom]width:527px;height:25px;background-color:#8283b5;[/newclass][newclass=.killianpost]text-align:justify;font-family:Times New Roman;font-size:12px;letter-spacing:1px;padding:35px;color:#E7EFE8;background-color:#333333;line-height:15px;clear:right;[/newclass][newclass=.killianpost b]color:#8283b5[/newclass][newclass=.killianpost::-webkit-scrollbar]width:2px;[/newclass][newclass=.killianpost::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#000;border:2px solid #925c8c;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
You Haunt Me (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 5:16:44 GMT

There was no reason tonight should be different. It was the same walk, with the same suffocating silence, and the same consuming darkness. She’d go home (if that’s what you wanted to call it), chug water, sleep, dream of simpler times, wake up, and live another day. Lex didn’t always remember her dreams, but the ones she did were always about him, . And they were really good dreams she didn’t want to wake up from. She was far from happy in her current life, but she was slowly getting there. She had Ritual, new friends, and a job doing what she was good at. It was the lingering anxiety and fear she needed to purge. Then maybe she would be content.

But there was something about tonight that was different, something in her gut she couldn’t shake. Normally, Lex never ignored her intuition. It held powerful influence over her work. She never did anything she had a bad gut feeling about. Perhaps it was the whiskey that dulled this sixth sense tonight or else she would have turned around to see the shadow of a man following her.

“What the-“ she jumped from the sudden movement in the darkness. She was always on edge now-a-days. But there was a familiar, calming sensation to touch of the Espeon, “Loveless,” she whispered instinctively, not yet comprehending what that actually meant.

What was only a brief moment felt like an eternity to her as it truly sank in. First it was Loveless, then the footsteps behind her, then Little Dove.

A swell of emotions rose up. Fear was the strongest of them, but that voice brought with it so many more. The pit in her stomach grew into a void. She couldn’t speak, she couldn’t move. She wanted to see his face, but she couldn’t bring herself to turn around. It would only make things worse.

Her instincts whispered RUN. She reached for Aubie’s pokeball but paused. He would be useless as soon as he saw Killian. The moment of hesitation was enough to clue Killian into her next move. She was going to do this the old-fashioned way: literally run.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
You Haunt Me (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 6:37:10 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

The subtle whisper of Loveless's name from her cherry lips widened his smile. She hadn't forgotten him. That fact alone made Hoenn and its pungent, salty air worth the visit.

She hadn't turned to face him, but Killian could see the tension in her shoulders. "Lex, I just want to talk." he studied her carefully. His eyes already on the Pokeballs around her waist. In a situation like this, her go-to would be Aubie. The Bravery was swift, loyal, but against him, none of that mattered.

No - she'd try to slip past him and getaway on foot. If she did, Killian would never catch her. She was faster than him, and she knew the city better. His only chance was to grab her before she ran. The thought of being forceful with her didn't settle well with him. This wasn't one of his informants or some punk who owed him money. This was Lex, the love of his life - his little dove. But she wasn't going to leave him with any other choice.

When she hesitated to grab Aubie's Pokeball, Killian made his move. He lunged forward, thrusting his arms under hers and clasping his hands behind her neck. Bitterly, he whispered into her ear "I hate that you're making me do this." Killian's lips curled into a frown.

"I'm not here to hurt you." there was a long pause before Killian spoke again.

"All I want is answers."

NOTES: colder than snow, hotter than fire.

TAG:

[googlefont=Merriweather:400]

[newclass=.killianheader]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/r03tGsN/You-Haunt-Me2.png);width:525px;height:100px;font-size:45px;margin-bottom:10px;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-30px;border-bottom: 2px #8283b5 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.killianheader div]background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #5543b1, #934A98); /* For Chrome and Safari */ background-image: linear-gradient(to right, #5543b1, #934A98); /* Standard syntax; must be last */ -webkit-background-clip: text;background-clip: text;color: transparent;width:500px;padding:5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.killianbody]background-color:#333333;border:2px solid #222;border-top:none;border-bottom:none;width:465px;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.killianbody h1]color:#7a7a7a;margin:15px 0px 5px 25px;padding: 0px 20px;width:300px;word-spacing:3px;border-left: solid 1px #8283b5;border-right: solid 1px #8283b5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.killianbody table b]color:#8283b5;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:14px;font-family:monospace;[/newclass]

[newclass=.killianbottom]width:527px;height:25px;background-color:#8283b5;[/newclass]

[newclass=.killianpost]text-align:justify;font-family:Times New Roman;font-size:12px;letter-spacing:1px;padding:35px;color:#E7EFE8;background-color:#333333;line-height:15px;clear:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.killianpost b]color:#8283b5[/newclass]
[newclass=.killianpost::-webkit-scrollbar]width:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.killianpost::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#000;border:2px solid #925c8c;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
You Haunt Me (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 8:10:54 GMT

He just wanted to talk, but that’s not what she heard. Her mind was already racing and spinning from the combination of adrenaline and side effects of the whiskey. Maybe he actually did just want to talk. But Lex was so well-seasoned from giving in to the paranoia over the past year that she wouldn’t be thinking straight, regardless. In her mind, her past meant her doom. Killian was involved with her old boss. And her old boss wanted her dead.

So, she ran.

Well, she tried.

Why the fuck did she hesitate?

Deep down she knew why. There was a part of her buried beneath all the deception, anger, fear, and desperation that didn’t want to run. And that part won.

Lex struggled, trying to break free of his iron grip. But all it took was the whisper in her ear for the desire to run to start to melt away. So, she gave into it and sank back into his arms. Her heavy breathing and pounding heart filled the void of the silence. She could feel his breath on her cheek. Lex moved her head just enough to steal a look at his profile in the darkness. It really was him.

And all he wanted was answers.

Did she really have a choice? If he wanted her dead, I guess she would be already . . . right? After another breath she answered, “Fine,” the word was short and simple, but it had a lot to unpack. There was a shakiness to her voice that reflected the uncharacteristic fear she’d been living with over the past year, “I won’t run,” she promised, waiting for him to let her go before she slowly turned around to face the past that had finally caught up with her.

“I shouldn’t be surprised,” she mused out loud, her voice still held an uncertainty in it. It was quieter then he would remember, timid almost, “I knew it would only be a matter of time before someone caught up with me,” she let her amber eyes drift up to meet his, and the world stopped spinning.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
You Haunt Me (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 19:06:31 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

She fought, struggled as hard as she could to break free, and his heart ached the entire time. He didn't want this. The whole situation felt wrong, like something from a nightmare. Was it bad that part of him wished it was?

At least then he'd be able to wake up from it.

Thankfully, something must have clicked inside Lex's head. Killian felt her body relax and collapse against his chest. His hold on her loosened as she did. Instinctively, Killian pressed his forehead against the back of her head. A serene silence momentarily replaced the tension that surrounded them. Killian closed his eyes, letting himself slip into a familiar place with each of Lex's heavy breathes.

This was what he wanted. What he'd missed in the time they'd been apart. Content to let the moment last for as long as possible, Killian didn't speak until Lex broke the silence. Her voice was shaky, filled with a fear he'd never heard from her before. She really had thought he'd come to hurt her.

It broke his heart.

Killian let her go, stepping back to give her more room. His frown deepened at the timidness hidden inside her voice. This wasn't the Lex he remembered. The fire he'd come to love about her felt smothered and barely there.

"Let's just be glad that someone was me then." Killian motioned for Loveless to come and join them. Espeon made her way over and jumped onto Lex's shoulder. She nuzzled against the redhead's cheek, purring as she did.

Killian smiled, "I think Loveless missed you more than I did." he laughed lightly. Slipping a hand inside his jacket pocket, Killian brought the other up to rub the bottom of his nose.

"Really Lex, Hoenn? Of all the places to run away to, why here?" he wasn't ready to ask the serious questions yet. Too afraid of what her answers might be. The truth hurts sometimes. No one knew that better than him.

TAG:

[newclass=.killianheader]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/r03tGsN/You-Haunt-Me2.png);width:525px;height:100px;font-size:45px;margin-bottom:10px;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-30px;border-bottom: 2px #8283b5 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.killianheader div]background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #5543b1, #934A98); /* For Chrome and Safari */ background-image: linear-gradient(to right, #5543b1, #934A98); /* Standard syntax; must be last */ -webkit-background-clip: text;background-clip: text;color: transparent;width:500px;padding:5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.killianbody]background-color:#333333;border:2px solid #222;border-top:none;border-bottom:none;width:465px;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.killianbody h1]color:#7a7a7a;margin:15px 0px 5px 25px;padding: 0px 20px;width:300px;word-spacing:3px;border-left: solid 1px #8283b5;border-right: solid 1px #8283b5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.killianbody table b]color:#8283b5;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:14px;font-family:monospace;[/newclass]

[newclass=.killianbottom]width:527px;height:25px;background-color:#8283b5;[/newclass]

[newclass=.killianpost]text-align:justify;font-family:Times New Roman;font-size:12px;letter-spacing:1px;padding:35px;color:#E7EFE8;background-color:#333333;line-height:15px;clear:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.killianpost::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#000;border:2px solid #925c8c;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
You Haunt Me (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2021 0:24:44 GMT

Lex could catch the faintest hue of his aqua eyes when the dull light hit them just right. She couldn’t look away. In an almost trance-like state, she involuntarily took another step closer, just to get a better look. Like an addict fixed on the addiction she found herself wanting more. Just one more step closer leading to one more touch, then one kiss and she’d be satisfied. But just a little more was never enough. Even after all this time she struggled to control the urge. There was a longing in her eyes shadowed by the darkness. It wasn’t only a longing for Killian, but a longing for her previous life; The life before her mom got sick and she lived in peaceful bliss alongside her king.

There was no doubt it was good he found her first, but she didn’t respond to the statement, still wary, but growing more comfortable. She assumed he wasn’t looking for her. If he really wanted to find her, he would have done so quickly through his web of informants. Of course, Lex had no idea what happened to him. She always wondered and her imagination ran wild, but she dared not to make contact with anyone from Johto so she lived in a constant state of unknowing.

She broke the eye contact when Loveless gently hopped onto her shoulder. She relished in the familiar affection of the Espeon. Her touch certainly had a calming effect to it. The thief could easily recall countless nights falling asleep peacefully to the deep hum of her purr. Lex closed her eyes and a small smile curled at the edges of her lips, “Hi, Loveless,” she greeted, bringing a hand up to scratch the pokemon’s chin affectionately.

Lex’s smile grew wider at Killian’s subtle jest, “I missed you too,” she whispered, uncertain if she was speaking to Loveless or Killian. But when her eyes opened again and flashed back to him, it was clear what she meant.

The softness of her features brought out by Loveless hardened again when Killian asked the first question, knowing there would be more to follow. And much harder ones, “Let’s not do this . . here,” she motioned vaguely to the dark Slateport street they stood in. She was hesitant to take him back to her apartment which was only a few blocks away, but she would have to move again anyway so it was better than this.

She spun on her heels to continue down the street with Loveless in tow. After a few silent steps she answered his first question, “I don’t know, Ian. It was the first boat I could stow away on,” Lex admitted, still bitter about not formulating a better plan. It all happened so fast, and she was so scared. The reminder made her uneasy, she reached up to touch Loveless, craving the earlier moment of bliss the Espeon brought to her.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
You Haunt Me (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2021 3:03:25 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

So much lingered in the air between them. Killian could practically taste the unspoken words on the tip of his tongue. Dancing delicately, tempting him to bare his soul. Her eyes met his, and Killian's heart began to race. The desire, the longing behind her stare - it was palpable and infectious. She stepped closer, his body urged him to do the same, but he resisted.

Killian glanced subtly towards her lips. Plump, still colored with the same shade of red lip-gloss that he remembered fondly. Killian missed having them pressed against his own. He longed to run his hands through her scarlet locks, feel her breath against his skin. Would she fight him if he tried? The look she was giving him said she wouldn't, but people were complicated. What they showed on the surface didn't always reflect what they felt on the inside.

He decided against finding out. His features softened, "The smile suits you better than all that doom and gloom." he said softly. It was satisfying watching her interact with Loveless again. Outside of Killian, Espeon wasn't that fond of most people. She found them to be annoying and hard to put up with. Lex was the exception to that - Loveless had opened up to her almost immediately.

"You sure about that?" he asked, looking away when Lex said she'd missed them. Killian still cared for her deeply, but there was a chance Lex had purposely sent him off to jail. "Right. The middle of the street isn't the best place for a private conversation." he'd almost forgotten that's where they were.

Killian followed closed behind her, keeping his guard up just in case she decided to try and run again. "You wouldn't have needed to stow away at all if you'd thought before you acted." it was hard not to sound resentful. "You've pissed off some scary people Lex. A lot scarier than I think you realize." he frowned, trying his best to sound more concerned than bitter.

"I love you but fuck. Were you even thinking in the first place?"

TAG:

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
You Haunt Me (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2021 4:31:33 GMT

How he looked away bitterly when he questioned the truth behind her words sent a knife through her heart. He had every right to be angry. After all, she left him so suddenly then proceeded to disappear without a warning. She could have prevented his pain and that was something that haunted her.

Truthfully, she thought about it often. How different would life be if she just asked him for help? Or just confided in him? Would he have helped her? Put it all on the line for her? And it was those questions that reminded her why she did it in the first place. Lex wanted her revenge, but she wasn’t willing to drag Killian down with her. She convinced herself his pain was worth it, that it would save him. He’d move on without her and he wouldn’t have to run.

As usual, Killian was right. She’d be in a very different situation if she applied the same principles she used in her work to exact her revenge. For someone who meticulously planned every job she did, she royally fucked up. She knew that. She was living with the consequences.

She didn’t need the lecture. If Killian was looking for the fiery Lex earlier, it was there now in the sideways glance she cast him. Her brows furrowed and you could see her stand a little straighter in preparation to defend her decisions, “Yea, well they pissed me off,” she growled, implying she could be just as dangerous which they both knew wasn’t true in the slightest. She shoved a hand in her pocket to forcibly remove a set of keys.

The ’I love you’ came at impeccable timing just as she was fidgeting with the keys in the lock, nearly dropping them. It may have been a casual part of the sentence but those were the three words she focused on. After a brief pause, she collected herself and unlocked the door to a narrow flight of stairs, “Yes. I was,” she sounded confident in that answer but she couldn’t lie to Killian, “Just not clearly . . .” she finished in a more uncertain tone.

She led him up two flights of stairs in silence to her very mediocre, bare studio apartment. Minimal was an understatement. The only furniture in the decently sized room was a full bed shoved in a corner and a single square table with one chair near the window that looked out at the shadier part of Slateport’s harbor. The only color in the room was the small stack of pokeballs on the kitchen table accompanied by a few small tubes of paint and a few small paint brushes. She still liked to customize each of her pokemon’s pokeballs. They were easier to find in a hurry. Aubie’s bared the brilliant blue stripe, Smoke’s the purple skull, and Thorn’s the purple rose.

Loveless leapt off of Lex’s shoulders as she moved to shrug her jacket off and toss it onto the kitchen’s breakfast bar along with her belt. She eyed the half-filled bottle so whiskey near the sink but decided to leave it alone. Instead, she moved towards the window, crossing her arms and leaning gently against the wall. She purposefully put space between them. She didn’t trust herself. She knew there were more questions coming so she steeled her nerves and turned to face him, “I don’t regret what I did,” she stated simply, getting that out of the way immediately, “But I do regret the how,” she spoke truthfully, her eyes shamefully breaking away and focusing out the window.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
You Haunt Me (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2021 23:35:50 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

There was the fire he'd gotten so used to seeing from her. As good as it was to know that the old Lex was still in there somewhere. It was hard for him to feel anything other than indifferent towards her anger. If only he knew why she held such vitriol for her old boss. Then maybe he'd understand why she'd made the choice that she had.

It wouldn't have been all that hard for Killian to find out. His network of spies ran deep and digging up something so small an easy task for them. He'd been tempted to give the order after he got out of jail. But he'd promised Lex that he wouldn't go digging into her past.

Privacy, respect, and trust were all vital to a healthy relationship. Killian had seen enough of them fall apart to realize that. If Lex wanted him to know something, then she'd tell him when she was ready.

Killian chuckled as Lex fumbled with her keys. Yet again, he was reminded of how cute she could be. His chuckle turned into a sigh upon hearing her answer. "Of course you weren't," he whispered, following her up the flight of stairs.

The inside of Lex's apartment left a lot to be desired. It was dark and drab - lacking in furniture outside of a table and bed. "Wow, I think my jail cell had more color to it than your apartment does." he joked dryly. Lex moved to the wall near the apartment's only window. The lone chair sitting in front of the window told Killian she spent a lot of time there. Likely peering out it in fear. Waiting for the day that her past finally caught up with her.

He spotted the bottle of whiskey near the kitchen sink and moved to grab it. Undoing the cap, Killian took a drink. He welcomed the burn as the liquid traveled down his throat. "I didn't think you would." he finally said, "That wasn't even a question in my mind." he sighed.

Loveless leaped onto the breakfast bar and nudged her head against Killian's hand. He smiled, running his hand along the Espeon's body. She could tell that Killian was anxious. Killian still wasn't ready to ask the question he'd come all this way for. But there was no reason to put it off any longer.

"Your anger cost me a year of my life Lex," he said plainly. "A year inside a cozy six by eight jail cell." Killian made no attempts to hide his resentment. "I was meant to be there a lot longer, but you know me." another drink, "I'm well connected." he moved to the front of the breakfast bar.

His steps slow and deliberate, Killian made his way across the apartment. "When it happened, I thought - surely she wouldn't do this to me. We're not together, but Lex wouldn't hurt me, not like this." he was halfway across the room. "Imagine my surprise when I find out that I was wrong." when Killian finished speaking, he was in front of her.

"My little dove, my precious scarlet-haired thief had sent me off to jail like I didn't even matter." Killian reached out to touch her cheek. The pain inside his aqua eyes was immense, the hurt in his voice immeasurable, and yet there was still love hidden beneath it all.

"Why? Look at me and tell me why?"

TAG:

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
You Haunt Me (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2021 0:53:14 GMT

Lex knew her apartment was far from impressive. It wasn’t a home, just a temporary place to stay. She moved fairly often, never staying too long. But a jail cell? Is that what he just said? She cast him a quick, uncertain look from beside the window. Lex didn’t remember Killian ever going to jail . . . She hadn’t made the connection yet.

He continued to talk, articulating his story in words laced with resentment and, worse, disappointment, maybe a splash of anger. He moved closer, but that’s not what she was focused on. Lex heard what he was saying but didn’t understand what he was saying. Her body slowly turned to face him; she was looking at Killian like he had three heads. What the fuck was he talking about?

It took so long for her to understand because it was something she didn’t want to hear, didn’t want to accept. It was something so big that it shook her right to her very core. She thought she had been so careful to leave Killian out of it all, “No,” she simply said, a small, quiet, nervous laugh followed. The first stage of grief was denial, “Th-that’s not right, that can’t be right,” she shook her head, mostly talking to herself as her brain painfully worked through the new information.

But it was true. That’s where he’s been. That’s why it took so long. It all made sense. Lex could feel her heart pounding in her ears. Her stomach clenched and the ball of anxiety moved up her throat, tears welling in the corner of her eyes. His hand gently touched her cheek, she pushed it away, “No, Killian. You weren’t supposed to be there,” her voice this time was firm, commanding, as if she was scolding him for something. The second stage of grief was anger.

He wasn’t supposed to be there, “I-I was so careful,” she shook her head, pushing past him to pace her small apartment. Suddenly, she was burning up, fight back the tears, “You weren’t supposed to be there,” she choked out past the lump in her throat again.

She did this to him. Her selfish, careless, caustic actions did this to him. Her fingers ran through her red hair, to hold it back while she paced. There was nothing to bargain, so she moved directly to fourth stage of grief: depression. This was all her fault.

As Lex finally understood this was her fault, she stopped pacing, stood up and looked at Killian. She accepted all his pain, all his suffering, all his disappointment and resentment onto her shoulders. The weight of it was crushing. Her eyes widened as the lump in her throat slowly moved up, choking her, while her stomach twisted into a knot.

She did this.

Acceptance.

She was gonna be sick.

She covered her mouth with one hand and spun around to rush towards the small bathroom. The door slammed behind her and she purged herself of the pain.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
You Haunt Me (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2021 2:33:55 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

He was silent as Lex struggled to come to terms with where he'd been. Killian observed her, analyzing the details of her face with each frantic step she took. He was looking for the cracks. The telltale signs that it was all just an act. Killian stopped seeing her as the woman he loved. She was another target, another person whose secrets he needed to have.

Or at least he tried to see her that way. Truthfully, it was more difficult than he thought it be. There weren't many people who could play Killian, but Lex was definitely one of them. He knew that. It's why Killian hesitated to trust himself when it felt like she was telling the truth. He couldn't afford to let his feelings for her blind him.

But that's what happened the moment they locked eyes. Lex could see the pain in his, and Killian saw what he thought was the truth in hers. "You really didn't know." it felt like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. An entire year spent wondering if she'd betrayed him laid to rest.

Killian lingered by the window while Lex darted to the bathroom. A few moments after the door slammed shut, Killian made his way over. He didn't enter, however. Instead, Killian pressed his forehead against the door. He didn't know what to say. Should he apologize? Say that he believed her? Usually, Killian was pretty good with words, but he couldn't think of anything to say.

"Are you okay?" he asked, "I can get you a glass of water." Killian chuckled dryly. "Do you even have glasses?" he defaulted to humor - like he always did.

TAG:

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
You Haunt Me (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2021 3:33:59 GMT

The purge wasn’t enough to dull the pain she felt tearing through her heart. Were her actions really worth it now? Now that she knew what she did to Killian, the man she loved with all of her being, her king . . . was it worth it? She didn’t know the answer.

Puking stopped the tears but the few that made it through lightly smudged the black mascara that painted her lashes. Her hand blindly reached up to strike the handle. The contents of the toilet disappeared but her disgust with herself remained. She pushed herself away from the porcelain bowl and sat against the wall, hugging her knees to her chest. Lex could feel his presence at the door before he said anything. She always knew when he was near. It was the only time she felt whole.

She looked towards the barrier as he spoke but even the small jest didn’t crack a smile. How could she possibly face him again now knowing what she did? There was another strong urge to run though that would be the worst possible thing she could do right now. Even if running wouldn’t make it easier, anything was better than having to witness the hurt in his eyes over again. A hurt she put there. Fortunately, this bathroom didn’t have a window, so she was forced to stay.

Lex too was at a loss for words. Her eyes locked on to his subtly shifting shadow beneath the door frame. For a year he thought she betrayed him. She couldn’t imagine the pain if the roles been reversed. She sat in silence with her self-hatred for another minute.

She never responded to Killian. But he could hear the shuffle of feet as she stood up, a rustling through drawers to find her toothbrush, the running sink, the spitting, and finally the soft rustle of the door handle as she placed a hand on it.

There, she paused and closed her eyes, still uncertain of what she could possibly say. An apology would never be enough to right her wrong.

When the door opened, she looked at him with timid eyes that glistened with the threat of tears again. She had only ever cried a handful of times in her life, and maybe only once or twice in front of Killian. Normally she remained a stoic, stubborn bitch but that was reserved for others, not the someone that her world once revolved around. He got the deep, raw, real Lex.

So, the tears came as her mouth parted, “I-I’m so sorry, Killian,” was all she could manage to say.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
You Haunt Me (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2021 5:12:32 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar

The silence that followed while Killian waited for a reply felt everlasting. What was she doing in there? He'd heard the toilet flush, but now there was nothing. The only sound he heard was that of his heart beating in his ears. "Come on, Lex," he muttered, his hand tentatively hovering above the door handle. Instinct told him to fling it open and see if she was still there. The rational part of his brain told him to wait - that she just needed a bit longer to process.

Killian hated the indecisiveness that had swept over him. It wasn't like him. He was usually a man of action of tact and guile. It was those traits that had allowed him to survive when he'd had nothing. Yet when it came to Lex, none of that seemed to matter. Around her, everything he thought he knew about himself went right out the window.

"If you don't open the door, I'm just going to come in there." he threatened. He'd seen the look on Lex's face, the hurt behind her eyes. Killian needed to know that she was okay. That she wasn't going to make another rash and emotional decision.

He heard movement from behind the door. The sound of running water, a drawer opening and closing, and then footsteps as Lex approached. It opened, and the look of heartache on Lex's face hit him hard. Like someone had stabbed him through the heart with a knife. Her tears only twisted the knife further in.

What little self-control he'd had preventing him from embracing her vanished. Killian wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close and holding onto her tightly.

"It's okay, you didn't know," he whispered into her ear. "It's okay, Lex," he repeated.

TAG:

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
You Haunt Me (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2021 6:54:56 GMT

Lex had grown use to being scared. She’d lived in fear for a year now, consistently letting it loom over her like a dark cloud. The eternity between opening the door and the embrace was full of fear again. Not the same kind of fear though, a fear of rejection, loss, and hate. Did he hate her for what she did? Would he promptly leave when he got the answers he wanted? Would she be left alone to continue to suffocate in her own darkness? Would she lose him again?

The time spent after she left him was not easy. She felt truly lost without him. But that was numbed by the pain of her mother’s death and her obsession with revenge combined with the fact that she thought she was doing the right thing. It was obvious now that she didn’t. She should have confided in him and they could have taken on the world together like they had for so many years prior. Why was she so stupid not to?

There was a wave of relief when he pulled her to him. She melted into the embrace, burying her face in his chest. His skin was warm against her cool cheek. She slid her hands from his chest to his back, pulling herself even closer. She inhaled deeply, his scent flooding her senses as years of memories flashed to the front of her mind. She closed her eyes, lost in him and the moment. The shudder of soft sobs subsided into deep, calm breaths.

Her head moved gently against his chest, “It’s not okay, Ian. I sh- I should have just come to you,” she admitted a year too late. The vulnerability had opened the floodgates, “I thought I was . . protecting you. You were supposed to move on. It was just supposed to be him, just him” she shook her head, holding him tighter, “Not you . . . not you,”

Lex pulled back just enough to study his face. She kept a hand on his back, another on his chest, not ready to break contact. It was the first time tonight that she had been close enough to really see it. It was even more handsome than she remembered.